Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Re: Syria

Post by Tyek »

Spang wrote:
Tyek wrote:My main issue with everything is that we are not doing much at all in many African countries that are wiping out their own citizens but throw some oil in the mix and we are right there.
Why do you think that the problem in these African countries is that there isn't enough AMERICA FUCK YEAH in them?
If we truly want to help these type of situations like they are claiming in Syria, there are a bunch of options in Afric. Groups are raping and killing women, destroying whole towns, etc but there appears to be no oil so we leave it up to the aid groups to help them. I never condoned the actions anywhere. If you are looking for AMERICA FUCK YEAH here, keep looking.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Tyek wrote:Groups are raping and killing women, destroying whole towns, etc but there appears to be no oil so we leave it up to the aid groups to help them.
The United States is already exploiting Africa for its natural resources, which in turn creates Africa's other valuable resource: poverty. For it is poverty that allows these aid groups -- the white-savior complex -- to exist.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Spang wrote:
Tyek wrote:Groups are raping and killing women, destroying whole towns, etc but there appears to be no oil so we leave it up to the aid groups to help them.
The United States is already exploiting Africa for its natural resources, which in turn creates Africa's other valuable resource: poverty. For it is poverty that allows these aid groups -- the white-savior complex -- to exist.

So you don't want aid groups there because they are evil white people?
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Tyek wrote:So you don't want aid groups there because they are evil white people?
Uh, no.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Spang wrote:
What are you even talking about? Most of Africa is countries with completely unstable governments that don't allow for many public services. Some of the western nations and South Africa are holding up OK, but by and far, the rest of them have rotting infrastructures. Sure, the US certainly uses this as an opportunity to grab some resources at cheap by paying what ever shabby ruling power pennies on the dollar with the promise to employ some people, but, regardless, even without the US presence, the entire region would still be in complete ruin.

Aid groups certainly make things a little better over there for some people, and you can attribute that to 'white-savior complex', or the fact that people need help over there. The US can't simply run in and prop up every government, nor can the UN. We saw how well that worked in our last two 'liberated' nations, and doing it in a place where, if they don't like a power, they throw a coup d'etat, seems like a waste of resources and time. The entire region is, for a lack of a better phrase, completely fucked for a long time. And, unfortunately, there is nothing that really anyone can do about it but themselves. I wouldn't go so far as to say that America's "exploitation" is what is creating poverty and hunger in Africa. Not even close.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Zamtuk wrote:Sure, the US certainly uses this as an opportunity to grab some resources at cheap by paying what ever shabby ruling power pennies on the dollar with the promise to employ some people, but, regardless, even without the US presence, the entire region would still be in complete ruin.
You don't think stealing the natural resources from a country, which the United States is not alone in doing, is having a damaging affect on the people of that country? How, then, are the people supposed to create wealth?
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

They're not supposed to create wealth. They're supposed to stand to the side, nice and orderly, as the countries with power show up to take what they want. There will be collateral damage.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Spang wrote:You don't think stealing the natural resources from a country, which the United States is not alone in doing, is having a damaging affect on the people of that country? How, then, are the people supposed to create wealth?
You need to be more specific - it's corporate interests in the US. To the benefit a tiny fraction of our population; while shafting everyone else here and abroad to the maximum level of profitability they can get away with.

Our /cough "liberal" media does not report on it at all as it doesn't sell toothpaste or make people feel warm and fuzzy. The media owners are anything but liberal. If we really had effective media Bush term 2 would never have happened, petro-gate from Iraq would have derailed him entirely. Obama term one would still have happened despite insurance-gate, but only because McCain\Palin (in hindsight) were even more laughable as candidates than Romney\Ryan.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."