E3 - 2013

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: E3 - 2013

Post by kyoukan »

I don't know about you guys, but I personally love paying Microsoft to access Netflix and Facebook instead of getting a large library of free games I can download and play whenever I want as well as weekly discounts on new releases and DLC. I also rape 11 year old girls and have the charisma of a smoldering pile of dried rhinoceros dung. It's clear to me which company has the best online service.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I use consoles for gaming which, contrary to PR bullshit, Xbox still dominates for multiplayer and controller. There's a zillion ways to get Netflix. Any decent TV has it built in these days or stream it from your PC. If you can't afford one, you need to dump your deadbeat paycheck and see how much you can get for each kid from the government to fund the purchase of one. I doubt you get anything good on Netflix in Canada anyway with the mandatory 90% Canadian content requirements. Maple Syrup Recipe Hour, Snow Mobile Mods, and Ice Fishing overload.

PS4 is capable of cloud crap but Sony is also full of PR shit as has been shown. I doubt their handful of servers can handle much more than barely fending off hackers.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Looks like Xbox One controller > PS4 controller, same as last gen

Comments on Xbox One controller:

Lighter, feels great, reactive, sexy, comfortable, grip feels good

Comments on PS4 controller

goofy, awkward, touch pad seems stupid

http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/e3-on-the-fro ... slot;Slot2

Sony seems to be doing everything they can this round to sell consoles...maybe they should have eaten some humble pie and swapped the dpad and joystick on the left side.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

completely missed the point as usual.

I guess free games and discounts is not a very good selling point to some entitled whiny retard that pirates every game that comes out.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xbox One or PS4 aren't hacked so I don't know what you think I'll be pirating but you're pretty clueless like that. Your allowance getting cut or something? Whatever bargain bin or freeby game of the week you get tossed your way probably won't interest me. Major titles will have sales on both consoles.

It looks like Xbox Live Gold is starting to offer free games so if I feel the need to play some random free game I guess I can on Xbox as well.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Comments on PS4 controller

goofy, awkward, touch pad seems stupid
Nice select quoting there... Grasp at straws much?

"it feels great"

"It could be cool. very comfortable. yeah it feels very refined. It's like wearing a glove basically"

Regardless, it was like 2 different people commenting on each controller. THE MAJORITY HAS SPOKEN!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It was more positive for the Xbox controller and there were no "goofy" and "awkward" comments about the Xbox One controller.

Did anyone see this game demo of Tom Clancy's The Division MMO?

The UI in this game looks awesome. When the character pulls up the city map it looks incredible. This, maybe along with Watch Dogs, is starting to show what you'd expect from the next gen games when it comes to UI integration.

http://youtu.be/dZZkQAGqLVo?t=4m58s

Start watching (in HD) around the 5 minute mark. The lead up to that point is pretty boring. I tagged the video for a good start point. Lame you tube doesn't allow you to share link the 720p or higher stream so switch to that when you get there.

One of the players is using a tablet which is also impressive. The game looks great visually along with the UI and abilities.

Coming to Xbox One and PS4
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

After much confusion, Microsoft have finally outlined how their used games policy will work on the Xbox One.

- Buy the way you want—disc or digital—on the same day: You’ll be able to buy disc-based games at traditional retailers or online through Xbox Live, on day of release. Discs will continue to be a great way to install your games quickly.

- Access your entire games library from any Xbox One—no discs required: After signing in and installing, you can play any of your games from any Xbox One because a digital copy of your game is stored on your console and in the cloud. So, for example, while you are logged in at your friend’s house, you can play your games.

- Share access to your games with everyone inside your home: Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console–regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you.

- Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

– Trade-in and resell your disc-based games: Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.

– Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.
Sounds pretty good to me. Can PS4 do that?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Who are you trying to convince? Us or yourself?

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I work for a living so support Microsoft on the enterprise end of things. Not really keen on the console however. As long as the new PS4 has better wireless networking, I am good. Controller is a non-factor, of course. It has been and will be just fine. One complaint out of thousands is a safe bet.

Side note: I had a developer the other day send me a IM of a screenshot of an email thread I was cced on. It was him replying without replying to the actual email. Not sure what the point of that was aside from dude looking like a strange developer. Point? There are more pointless communications out there than baseless controller complaints. Again, I work for a living.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Who are you trying to convince? Us or yourself?
No you that's for sure.

To me that system looks way more appealing/easy than someone stuck on physical media.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

who is stuck on physical media? you can already buy any new ps3 game on the PS store day one digitally. You can already log in to your profile on any PS3 in the world and download your game and play it. you are acting like this is some radical new idea that is changing the landscape of digital distribution. Sony has been doing it for two years. You're such a fucking child; slurping up Microsoft's lame explanation for their draconian DRM shitfest.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

kyoukan wrote:who is stuck on physical media? you can already buy any new ps3 game on the PS store day one digitally. You can already log in to your profile on any PS3 in the world and download your game and play it. you are acting like this is some radical new idea that is changing the landscape of digital distribution. Sony has been doing it for two years. You're such a fucking child; slurping up Microsoft's lame explanation for their draconian DRM shitfest.
So (you're wrong) you're saying Sony can do what I highlighted already? Dumbass!
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Pretty simple solution for me. I will eventually get both and laugh at the people who argue over which one is better. They will both have advantages and disadvantages.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Why buy both? The exclusives list is too small for XB1, and I don't know of a more compelling reason.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This demo of Project Spark on the Xbox One looks pretty cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12AkA_FRwqg&hd=1

The world building looks about as easy as it gets but the UI and "brains" you can inject into your creations appears well designed also.

Should be fun to screw around with. Actual building demo starts around 1:30
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Leonaerd wrote:Why buy both? The exclusives list is too small for XB1, and I don't know of a more compelling reason.
There will be exclusives eventually that will come out. I can afford it, so why not?
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Leonaerd wrote:Why buy both? The exclusives list is too small for XB1, and I don't know of a more compelling reason.
Xbox One controller is better and you'll be using that for every single game that comes out whether it's "exclusive" like the Xbox One console exclusive E3 best game of show Titanfall, or any other game available on both platforms, you'll want to be getting it on Xbox One where your hands won't cramp up and thumbs won't bash together due to the ridiculous joystick placement...and of course can play it with confidence online without constant concern about brick 30 minute patches and poor online capabilities of the PS4. If you're going to be paying for online multiplayer, you should probably be paying for the best service and dedicated servers.

Did you get those high Pinball FX scores on XBL or PS3?...because you're in for a fucking wake up call if you think you can do that shit on the dualshock controller without destroying your hands. Thought so.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow is to Xbox as Spang is to Veganism.

Think about it.

--
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Did you get those high Pinball FX scores on XBL or PS3?...because you're in for a fucking wake up call if you think you can do that shit on the dualshock controller without destroying your hands. Thought so.
Pinball uses (basically) only the triggers, and the PS4 ones look to be solid, especially with the raised fulcrum. I imagine I'd get tired of any controller during a monster game. Even so, I've never had to worry about it. Realistically, I'd adapt to any controller and continue to dominate pinball.

What a silly argument. You really missed the mark on that attempt.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Just on that attempt??
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I understand the impetus of arguing with winnow. It makes you feel smart as you effortlessly refute every retarded thing he says. I can't believe after this many years you still do it. He is trolling your fucking asses off and basking in the only attention anyone pays him. Just call him a stupid cocksucker and keep going with your day. Seriously, why are you wasting your time?
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

But... you respond to him the most.

=P~
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You're by far the biggest idiot on this board kyoukan. It's not even close. You must have several hundred posts trying to explain away your stupidity. Keep going though and justify it each time by claiming it's all because of me seeking attention instead of you having completely lost your grip. I've got you so riled up you can't stop.

You make two kinds of posts these days.

The first type are laughable attempts to sound intelligent (see asinine Sony financial posts and posts attempting to have a clue about science like the hacks you thought changed everything we know about everything in the blink of an eye)

Second type is stalking me and justifying it by claiming I'm the attention seeker when you can't help yourself but post something stupid about me while ignoring the topic at hand. Besides you thinking you're much smarter than you are, people aren't that stupid on this board. You're continuous campaign to try and convince the world didn't work with your first post and won't work with your thousandth "Winnow" troll post. You're a complete mess. Kind of sad to think that you're a mother. Guessing you yell at your kids since you think CAPS are so effective. Some advice: send them far away from you to boarding school as soon as you possibly can. You can still get child support money to buy the latest fashionable purse, but at least they don't have to suffer in your abusive presence.

Keep chugging along there dopey! Your Winnow hate campaign has no effect. I'm not a pedophile. People don't give a shit if I pirate games. I spend more on games than you do or ever will. People don't care if I like Microsoft products, Apple products, or use both consoles while preferring one over the other. I post what I feel like here. People agree sometimes, disagree a lot, and don't give a shit either way most of the time. The five people left on this board that read and post on this board aren't going to be swayed by your borderline loon posts now that you're in a complete breakdown stage.

I don't know what bad shit has happened to you over the past decade but it appears you lead a pretty boring, mostly ignored life. Maybe join the PTA or volunteer for neighborhood watch or something.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Leonaerd wrote:But... you respond to him the most.

=P~
Feel free to respond to it as much as you like provided you aren't wasting time trying to argue logic. look at it up there. it is absolutely revelling in the attention.

typically winnow posting when people aren't acknowledging him is it creates a few new trolls, responds to itself a few times and then goes away for awhile. when people reply to his worthless fucking trolls it validates it as an actual human and just encourages it to stick around and troll more. any moderated forum would have IP banned it a decade ago, which I assume has already happened everywhere else on the internet which is why it keeps coming back here to troll despite almost universal dislike.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

i liek pinbal

:vv_apple:
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

"it" ...yet another reference stolen from me. I called you "it" for years. I guess playing copycat now is better late than never. You're originality is non existent. You've been swirling around the toilet bowl for awhile now.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I'll take your word for it. I don't even remember what you said yesterday you troll so fucking often. The slips of paper I get in fortune cookies have more meaningful statements on them then you've said collectively in the last decade.

You would do it in a sad attempt to get a rise out of me though. I'm just being biologically accurate.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

kyoukan wrote:I'm just being biologically accurate.
Considering your recent track record with accuracy, that's a comical statement in a way that you're too dumb to realize.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Titanfall cleans up in E3 2013 Game Critics Awards

Respawn Entertainment's Titanfall won six awards at E3, besting all competition in every category it was nominated for in the E3 2013 Critics Awards. Titanfall is the first game to win six awards in the history of the E3 Critics Awards, snatching Best in Show, Best Original Game, Best Console Game, Best PC Game, Best Action Game and Best Online Multiplayer.
Xbox One console exclusive...also will be available on Windows 8 DirectX 11.2 (make sure you upgrade!)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

No thanks.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:No thanks.
If it was PS4 you wouldn't have said that. Won't believe you if you deny it!

in addition:
Titanfall takes home six awards, setting a new record for the Game Critics Awards. A majority of the winners (eleven of fourteen) will be available on PC, with ten coming to Xbox 360 and Xbox One, four arriving on PlayStation 4, three for PlayStation 3, and one each for Wii U and Vita. As a reminder, only those games that were playable were eligible for nomination.
Looks like the majority of best games will be available on Xbox/PC.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Now I -really- see no reason to get a new console.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
Aslanna wrote:No thanks.
If it was PS4 you wouldn't have said that. Won't believe you if you deny it!
I'd say the same thing. It looks like just another shooter to me. But with like.. Robots or whatever. Shooters (murder simulators!) need to go away.
Winnow wrote:Looks like the majority of best games will be available on Xbox/PC.
I like how you chose not to bold the most important part: "only those games that were playable were eligible for nomination". But yeah if anything that's more of a reason to go to PC gaming than console gaming since it has like.. ONE MORE WINNER than XBO.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

So the things that matter...like actual GAMES, controller and online performance, all seem to favor the Xbox One. PS4 wins the category of forcing everyone into shoving a physical disk into your drive to verify you own it instead of using an advanced online sharing system.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

yuck, hard copy!
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

how do you expect him to download a physical magazine? pay for something? god!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:So the things that matter...like actual GAMES, controller and online performance, all seem to favor the Xbox One.
You mean like the superior games, controller and online performance of the 360 which currently has the console in third place, behind the Wii and PS3, despite coming out a year earlier than the PS3? lolz.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hard copy is useless. It's probably based off of ancient info from E3 when there's already been lots of changes. Online sources for most current info.
Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:So the things that matter...like actual GAMES, controller and online performance, all seem to favor the Xbox One.
You mean like the superior games, controller and online performance of the 360 which currently has the console in third place, behind the Wii and PS3, despite coming out a year earlier than the PS3? lolz.

Are you talking about how much each console was actually used to play games? Hint: Xbox 360 Winner!

How about the ratio of games purchased per console? Hint: Xbox 360 Winner!

Least down time: Xbox Winner!

Kinda funny how you all got sucked into the "for gamerz" brainwashing from FONY when it's the 360 what was used most for games. E3 awards went to Xbox One titles more than PS4.

The only thing Sony managed to do was screw over creative sharing and force you to stick a physical disk in your system to verify you own it. Grats! That's fucking old school! rock on!

Keep making your console decisions based on hyperactive fat dude videos on you tube screaming about the physical disk atrocities setting advances in modern sharing strategies back an entire console generation because you want slow load times and mandatory physical disk checks.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Have you ever read your posts after you make them? Because you should. You sound like a complete crazy person. Seek help before it's too late!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

wait for it...
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

hay guyz 'sup in this thread? 8)
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

ok.. these last 2 posts made me LOL.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

:lol:
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

:vv_booze:
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Can't wait to see how this game turns out from the makers of the Witcher series

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/01/10/cy ... er-trailer

I'm sure it won't be out until 2015 at the earliest.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

kyoukan wrote:The only bummer for me in the whole ordeal is exclusive Dead Rising 3. I'm not paying $560 to play one game though, and there is a good chance it will come out on PC anyway.
Good chance confirmed:
The critically acclaimed Dead Rising 3, an exclusive launch title for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, will be available for PC digital download on Steam globally and a retail version for Windows PC in Europe in summer 2014.

--