E Cigarette

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

E Cigarette

Post by Funkmasterr »

So I have been wanting to quit smoking, and have had no luck quitting. I started looking into e-cigs, and talked to a few people who had Ego Twists and really like them. I did a bunch of reading online on everything from health concerns to models to juices. I decided to get the Ego Twist, and just got it and a juice sampler today. I'm liking it a lot so far, and I haven't felt the need to have a cigarette.

Anyone else used these?
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: E Cigarette

Post by Aabidano »

The short term smoking risk at your age is mainly stroke, the variable amounts of nicotine make them potentially worse from that aspect. Plus the flavorings and such are an unknown, I've heard claims there are numerous carcinogens/toxins contained but nothing from someone I'd consider unbiased.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I haven't smoked a cigarette in 5 years.

Two things did it for me: having 3 impacted wisdom teeth removed, and interacting with old people who smoke cigarettes.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I have a friend that decided to go with the e-cigs, and hers just arrived. I haven't heard much about their effectiveness yet. I used the patch in '05 which worked great. It sucked that it cost the same as a carton a week while I was going through the cycles though.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aabidano wrote:The short term smoking risk at your age is mainly stroke, the variable amounts of nicotine make them potentially worse from that aspect. Plus the flavorings and such are an unknown, I've heard claims there are numerous carcinogens/toxins contained but nothing from someone I'd consider unbiased.
Yeah, I looked into the health aspect pretty thoroughly. There have been no studies that have shown any negative effects from inhaling the stuff. There have been several studies recently where they did toxicology tests of the air in a room filled with the vapor from several brands of the juice, and none of the levels of toxins were significant enough to cause cancer or other health concerns associated with tobacco smoke first hand, or second hand.

As far as nicotine, if you are using a good e cig and not a throw away has station model, you can determine the amount of nicotine you want in them. I have it around where a light cigarette is (14mg).
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I tried Blu a few months ago and began to have success until work became extremely stressful and I had to abandon the cessation attempt or I would have lost my shit.

That said, it seemed effective, if used as a replacement for "normal" smoke break times--especially good while driving. Downfall was seemingly small dose of nicotine. However, I think that a e-cig can be quite effective, but you still need the discipline--just makes it a touch easier. Since nicotine is actually beneficial for certain things, once the burning material is out of the picture, all else is much better than the real thing.

I will attempt again soon. Like quitting anything, most of the time it takes a few attempts or more for it to work. Just have to keep at it and not get down on yourself.
en kærlighed småkager
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I'm off and on ecigs for about a year now. Mostly on. I still smoke occassionally, its just not enough for me. The biggest problem I have is that the nicotine comparison levels of the juices just don't hit it for me. I ended up with juices in the high 20's mg levels to get a comparable nicotine hit to smokes.

I have some KR808 stuff (the cigalikes) and refill the carts, I use that setup mostly for public consumption because it doesn't look ridiculous. My home and work kit is the ego twist and variable voltage ego stuff. Love the vape plumage from the clearomizers I use, so that would be my suggestion there!

On the health risks...my thoughts are that cigs you must inhale and take in all 100+ baddies into your lungs...the ecig makes like 6 chemicals in the vapor, and you do NOT have to inhale vape to get the nicotine...it will absorb in your mouth because its a vapor...just an FYI if you want to start breaking your physical cigarette inhale "need".
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, I don't give a shit how it looks. The twist is all I'm getting.

I have a clearomizer on it too (kanger t3) and like it. A day with no cigarettes now, the 14mg seems fine for me to be honest. I smoked a pack to a pack and a half of parliament lights per day up until yesterday.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

As long as you're thinking of them as a replacement habit then you can go ahead and assess them on that basis.

None of the nicotine replacement therapies are actually that useful for stopping though. The stats would suggest your best chance is cold turkey and that it will probably take 7 -12 attempts.

I've been cold turkey for about 6 months now, with a couple of lapses since nearly everyone in my family smokes and I have bummed one here and there and been amazed at how gross they were.

Still don't seem to have as much lung capacity back as I'd hoped, but mouth health is a shitload better, plus the government is so crazy with taxes now that it's getting close to $1/cigarette. They've even reduced duty free allowances from 200 down to 50. Not that I can't afford them, but I don't appreciate being raped and called a slut for it.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I've quit cold turkey twice. First time: 8 months. Second time: 5 years and counting.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Spang wrote:I've quit cold turkey twice. First time: 8 months. Second time: 5 years and counting.
Yeah, the worst part is 6 months in I know I'm always going to be a "recovering smoker".

That said, laid up 4 weeks with a broken leg and haven't gone back to smoking is a good sign...
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

There's a lot of ways your life could or will be shortened. Smoking is one of the few clearly bad things you can do with zero benefits except for getting your fix for the addiction smoking caused in the first place. Probably not worth the yellow teeth, coughing, smelly clothes, wasted breaks to the smoking area, uncomfortable feeling when you can't smoke, etc etc etc even if it doesn't kill you with cancer.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Go away.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Funkmasterr wrote:Go away.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

take another puff and chill out, you'll feel better
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Winnow wrote:Smoking is one of the few clearly bad things you can do with zero benefits
Nicotine therapy does have a few benefits, some subset of smokers are self treating minor mental issues. There's a correlation to the long term vascular constriction from tobacco use and low rates of Alzheimer's later in life. The key in the second is getting the benefit and not dieing from the cure.

I quit cold turkey a couple times, the last time in late 2006. Still don't smoke.

Nicotine replacement is good to taper down for heavy smokers, if you aren't one of them you might as well be pissing into a fan for all the good it does. E-sigs have the downside of the same delivery method so they aren't as good as gum or the patch.

I'd still like to smoke, just don't want to die from it. Can pass on cigarettes but a cigar would be nice, unfortunately....

Being able to breathe is nice, sense of smell has been getting slowly better for years, could do without that.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

yeah, the smell of smoke has been much worse than I can remember it ever being before I smoked. I can be two cars behind someone and smell it.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Losing a parent due to lung cancer resulting from years of smoking is a good way to bring things into perspective.

But I don't recommend it.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Siji wrote:Losing a parent due to lung cancer resulting from years of smoking is a good way to bring things into perspective.

Thankfully my grandmother died from smoking related respiratory failure before the Alzheimer's could reduce her to a crazy cat lady completely.

Of course, she worked on the railway for 40 years near diesel trains, so it could have been that too. Or whatever causes this region to be a massive asthma cell.

Don't get me wrong, smoking is bad for you, but so is drinking, breathing, exercising, not exercising, etc, etc. The absolute cause & effect relationship the smoking lobby ascribes is much much worse science than AGW if *only* for it's overstatement of certainty.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Zaelath wrote:
Siji wrote:Losing a parent due to lung cancer resulting from years of smoking is a good way to bring things into perspective.

Thankfully my grandmother died from smoking related respiratory failure before the Alzheimer's could reduce her to a crazy cat lady completely.

Of course, she worked on the railway for 40 years near diesel trains, so it could have been that too. Or whatever causes this region to be a massive asthma cell.

Don't get me wrong, smoking is bad for you, but so is drinking, breathing, exercising, not exercising, etc, etc. The absolute cause & effect relationship the smoking lobby ascribes is much much worse science than AGW if *only* for it's overstatement of certainty.
Poetry.

Haven't really followed this thread... Didn't they find something about e-cigs that is scary bad for you? Or am I subconsciously regurgitating big tobacco propaganda?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

The latter part.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

To anyone that uses these, check out Alice in Vapeland for juice. I just got a sample pack from them and the two flavors I've tried are fucking awesome, way better than anything else I'd tried previously.
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

I have been vaping for 3 years now and would consider it “mostly” successful. I was able to stop smoking but it seems I have replaced one habit with another. I didn’t push the aspect of using the ecig to quit, I started using it because my employer ban all smoking on site and the nearly 1 mile trek to my car to drive off site was a massive pain in my ass so the ecig helped bridge that gap. Over time (a few weeks) I was down to smoking only after eating and with my morning coffee, then not at all.

As for juice I use Atomic Cinnacide from http://tastyvapor.us/ the prices are good and the products are very high quality.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Hurray I'm on the bandwagon.

Switched/quit over the past month - my final trigger was going back through bank statements for each month over the past year and realizing i was spending between $3-400 every month.

So when walking in to buy my carton, I saw one of the standard ego type starter kits and picked up a pack and the kit and decided to see how long it would take to finish the pack. after the first day I literally had to force myself to smoke a cigarette when I got the urge, and never got past 4-5 puffs before putting it out.

Unfortunately since all the options out there are so fun and creative and hobby like I ended up dropping similar money but I think I went through all the standard cig-> e-cig evolutionary steps that people do:

basic ego battery/clearomizer
cartomizer
variable voltage battery
rebuildable atomizer on the VV
and now I finally bought a mod some 18350 and 18650 batteries and an RBA with a tank (dripping every time isn't super convenient, but nice when I want a variety of flavors....best done at home, not on the road~~)

I ended up being able to show a few co workers the e-cig version of neandrathal to homo sapien break down, and 1 went with VV + cartomizer, the other went full bore and skipped the bullshit and got a mod+carto and will be back for an RBA (he wants to look in to single vs. dual coil wrapping, what kind of head, etc)

been 10 days without any cigarette at all and as pointed out above, yes you get your smell (and taste!) back...but oh man, i didn't realize how many people reeked, and they had the audacity to bitch about smokers. At least you knew the source of my stench...

As far as taste goes, I notice everything tastes super salty now a days.
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

pyrella wrote:...but oh man, i didn't realize how many people reeked, and they had the audacity to bitch about smokers. At least you knew the source of my stench...

As far as taste goes, I notice everything tastes super salty now a days.
Glad I smoked when I was in UAE; the stink on a Fri afternoon would knock you back as it was. Can't imagine it now that my nose works.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I quit using mine a few months back, the unfortunate part there is I bought a bunch of stuff from Alice in Vapeland right before I stopped that will probably go to waste (they have by far the best flavors I found, no contest). I was having issues breathing and figured it may be due to the e-cig (turns out it wasn't), so I stopped using it, and now I figure why bother starting again.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I smoked my final cigarette 60 days ago. Quit cold turkey, but it wasn't tough so I don't think I was very much addicted. Breathing is a lot easier during exercise. I don't feel so... poisoned? anymore. My skin is somewhat healthier looking. That may be from quitting caffeine, though.

Quit caffeine. I dare you. Crash for 16 hours the first night and wake up a new person.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Zaelath wrote:Still don't seem to have as much lung capacity back as I'd hoped
Flipping through the thread again, there are two base problems. All the crap in your lungs from smoking and scar tissue. Gunk goes away and cancer chance slowly drops down to average; some percentage of the damage is permanent. Luckily lungs seem to have far more capacity than is strictly needed, unless you're chasing down your dinner of course.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

I've been smoking V2 ecigs for a little over 2 months now, and it was a surprisingly easy switch. I went through 3 days of smoking regular cigs too, but then dropped them.

I started on the traditional carts with a wad of soaked cotton in them...which had a horrible taste as it dried out. Once I found the liquid, refillable carts that did not have that problem, I couldn't even imagine going back. They are great.

And the toxcicity of ecigs is negligible. They contain a few trace carcinogens that are also in normal cigs, but the levels in e cigs are hundreds of times lower. Also, propylene glycol, which is the basis for most of the liquids, and that so many people are up in arms about, is pretty harmless itself.

Is it an antifreeze? Yep, it can be used that way. Any chemical that is non abrasive, and lowers the freezing part of water, can make a decent antifreeze. PG, unlike its nasty cousin ethylene glycol (which is quite toxic), is widely used filler and preservative. We use it in everything from food, to liquid medications, artificial fog, and even in injections.

I can only see two potential dangers. Nicotine itself is dangerous, and the potential doses from e cigs is higher than you can get from normal cigs. Now, that isn't the real danger I see over cigs, as you can already get much larger doses of nicotine from using multiple patches, or just smoking a strong cigar incorrectly. But, the bottle of liquid itself is insanely dangerous. I've gotten the liquid on my tounge after dripping some on the mouthpiece while refilling. It is very sweet. If an animal, or worse, a child, were to get a bottle of it, they would likely drink it all, and die of a nicotine overdose.

Then, there is constant inhalation of vaporized PG...but I'm not so worried about this. It is already used in artificial fog, and there are people who are exposed to large amounts of that regularly.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

loosely related
yesterday was my 10 year anniversary quitting smoking. I guess I was ready because I don't miss it at all.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Congrats. :)

Today marks my third full month with no puffs. I still feel held down by it, but I get more energy every week.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Keep it up! I remember the below chart being a motivator as well as quitnet.com:

If you quit smoking right now, at 03:27 PM (EST) on July 24, 2013, here is what will begin to happen immediately:
•3:47 PM (in 20 minutes): Your heart rate drops.
•3:27 AM (in 12 hours): The carbon monoxide (a gas that can be toxic) in your blood drops to normal.
•Aug. 7, 2013 - Oct. 24, 2013 (in 2 weeks to 3 months): Your heart attack risk begins to drop and your lungs are working better.
•Aug. 24, 2013 - Apr. 24, 2014 (in 1 to 9 months): Your coughing and shortness of breath decrease and your lungs start to function better, lowering your risk of lung infection.
•Jul. 24, 2014 (in 1 year): Your risk for heart disease is half that of a smoker's.
•Jul. 24, 2018 (in five years): Your risk of having a stroke is the same as someone who doesn't smoke.
•Jul. 24, 2023 (in 10 years): Your risk of dying from lung cancer is half that of a smoker's. Your risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney, and pancreas also decreases.
•Jul. 24, 2028 (in 15 years): Your risk of heart disease is now the same as someone who doesn't smoke.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Chidoro wrote:I guess I was ready because I don't miss it at all.
Don't miss cigarettes, still like the smell of non-cheap ass cigarettes. Cigar here and there would be nice but....
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Chidoro wrote:Keep it up! I remember the below chart being a motivator as well as quitnet.com:

If you quit smoking right now, at 03:27 PM (EST) on July 24, 2013, here is what will begin to happen immediately:
•3:47 PM (in 20 minutes): Your heart rate drops.
•3:27 AM (in 12 hours): The carbon monoxide (a gas that can be toxic) in your blood drops to normal.
•Aug. 7, 2013 - Oct. 24, 2013 (in 2 weeks to 3 months): Your heart attack risk begins to drop and your lungs are working better.
•Aug. 24, 2013 - Apr. 24, 2014 (in 1 to 9 months): Your coughing and shortness of breath decrease and your lungs start to function better, lowering your risk of lung infection.
•Jul. 24, 2014 (in 1 year): Your risk for heart disease is half that of a smoker's.
•Jul. 24, 2018 (in five years): Your risk of having a stroke is the same as someone who doesn't smoke.
•Jul. 24, 2023 (in 10 years): Your risk of dying from lung cancer is half that of a smoker's. Your risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney, and pancreas also decreases.
•Jul. 24, 2028 (in 15 years): Your risk of heart disease is now the same as someone who doesn't smoke.
I'm 8 months quit, so got a super respiratory infection to celebrate. :)

At least the phlegm tastes a lot better.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Chidoro wrote:Keep it up! I remember the below chart being a motivator
That chart was a motivator, but definitely not the main one. To be frank, I was pretty unhappy with my physique, and knew I'd replace cigarettes with paaauummping iron if I could just stop smoking. It's the same thing I have done a few other times.

This time is a lot more permanent. I don't even like the smell of cigarette smoke anymore, which is kind of a big deal to me. It's a plateau that, before recently, I hadn't experienced until way back before I smoked my first cig at 18.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Report: e-cigarettes are ‘potentially carcinogenic’

Electronic cigarettes are "not as safe" as their manufacturers make them out to be and they are “potentially carcinogenic”, according to a report by a French consumer association
It's a trap!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah I really wasn't going to get into it, but there has been nowhere near enough research done to say they are safe, or honestly even that they are safer than cigarettes. I think the latter of the two probably is true, but the point remains. It will be many years before there has been sufficient research to say for sure how safe they are, that's about it. I'll say for sure that when I started using one of these as opposed to cigarettes, my breathing definitely got better, but it got considerably better still when I stopped using the e-cig.

P.S. The ecig "community" online annoyed me. Seeing the word analog used instead of cigarette really makes me want club a seal with a dead baby.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Funkmasterr wrote:Yeah I really wasn't going to get into it, but there has been nowhere near enough research done to say they are safe, or honestly even that they are safer than cigarettes. I think the latter of the two probably is true, but the point remains. It will be many years before there has been sufficient research to say for sure how safe they are, that's about it. I'll say for sure that when I started using one of these as opposed to cigarettes, my breathing definitely got better, but it got considerably better still when I stopped using the e-cig.

P.S. The ecig "community" online annoyed me. Seeing the word analog used instead of cigarette really makes me want club a seal with a dead baby.
Ex-smokers are douchbags in general.. I try my best to avoid telling people that they can do it if I can, etc, etc.

I still want my 12 month chip for Christmas though. Drug addicts are lucky, they get achievements.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Switched to American Spirits a few months ago. Hardly like eating a carrot, but beats a camel! Vaporized nicotine would be a huge improvement though.. right?
en kærlighed småkager
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Zaelath wrote:I still want my 12 month chip for Christmas though. Drug addicts are lucky, they get achievements.
Kind of like a reward for not smacking your hand with a hammer? That was how someone from AA described it.

Ex-addicts of sorts need to make a conscious effort to not be douchey about it. Smokers seem like the worst as it's something that's acceptable to be smug about in public.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Aabidano wrote:
Zaelath wrote:I still want my 12 month chip for Christmas though. Drug addicts are lucky, they get achievements.
Kind of like a reward for not smacking your hand with a hammer? That was how someone from AA described it.

Ex-addicts of sorts need to make a conscious effort to not be douchey about it. Smokers seem like the worst as it's something that's acceptable to be smug about in public.
and certain Vegans!
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Aabidano wrote:Ex-addicts of sorts need to make a conscious effort to not be douchey about it. Smokers seem like the worst as it's something that's acceptable to be smug about in public.
As an ex-smoker, I will say that smoke is probably 20x worse than it was before I even smoked. I gag when someone two cars ahead of me at a red light is smoking (never would have noticed before). I never even noticed someone that was a smoker before I smoked or while I was smoking. Now the smell makes me want to vomit. It isn't about being douchey, as it really can be that bad (to us).
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

While we're being douchey...

Second hand smoke is the nastiest fucking thing in the world.
Your cigarette vomit breath gets into my lungs. Legally.
I'm going to piss into your beer and get insulted when you opt to pour it out.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:
Aabidano wrote:Ex-addicts of sorts need to make a conscious effort to not be douchey about it. Smokers seem like the worst as it's something that's acceptable to be smug about in public.
As an ex-smoker, I will say that smoke is probably 20x worse than it was before I even smoked. I gag when someone two cars ahead of me at a red light is smoking (never would have noticed before). I never even noticed someone that was a smoker before I smoked or while I was smoking. Now the smell makes me want to vomit. It isn't about being douchey, as it really can be that bad (to us).
Yeah it's the same here, the smell bothers me more as time goes by, to the point where I'll find myself holding my breath when someone is smoking in the car in front of me. However, I keep it to myself for the most part.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

From "good" cigars and cigarettes, the small minority which are (mostly) made of tobacco, second hand smoke doesn't bother me that much.

Some douche at the zoo smoking a nasty-ass I don't care if it's expensive cigar? Take that shit elsewhere. They had to implement little smoking zones well out of public smell range because of that in particular.

Your typical generic cigarette or nasty Quickie Mart cigar? Blech, they smell like the burning cardboard, wood pulp, anti-freeze, etc... that they're made of. The liquid additives are the same as the stuff in e-smokes iirc.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aabidano wrote:From "good" cigars and cigarettes, the small minority which are (mostly) made of tobacco, second hand smoke doesn't bother me that much.

Some douche at the zoo smoking a nasty-ass I don't care if it's expensive cigar? Take that shit elsewhere. They had to implement little smoking zones well out of public smell range because of that in particular.

Your typical generic cigarette or nasty Quickie Mart cigar? Blech, they smell like the burning cardboard, wood pulp, anti-freeze, etc... that they're made of. The liquid additives are the same as the stuff in e-smokes iirc.
That's incorrect as far as I know. The ecig stuff consists of propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, nicotene (sometimes derived from tobacco and in other cases made synthetically), and a variety of things for flavoring. Some of the things used for flavoring have been various food dyes that have been tested to be harmless for consumption, and people like to use this as a defense against ecigs, however being tested for oral consumption is not the same as it being tested for inhalation as a vapor. At least this is what is in the juice according to the information available, thing is there is zero regulation on it at this point so who knows.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

been seeing "studies" placing e-cigs on par with cigs recently. Essentially, because there is no regulation, they can say, and do, pretty much anything right now.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

You can bet that will change, given the clout of the cig lobby.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Cigarettes are treated with propylene glycol, ethylene glycol, vegetable glycerin and all kinds of other stuff to knock down the harshness of the other non-tobacco fillers, enhance nicotine output of the tobacco that's there, etc...
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

I definitely consider it a switch to ecigs not quitting. But taste and smell back and, getting nothing but 'man that smells awesome' beats out smoking regular cigs just from that perspective. Are there crazy chemicals that are going to fuck me up? Maybe - but I knew that with the normal smokes as well. I do know what's going in, so can deduce fairly accurately what's coming out. I could with my previous cigarettes as well (all tobacco/wrapped in tobacco instead of paper) - but as soon as you throw 'burning' in to the mix, the amount of compounds and chemicals created are increased dramatically over atomizing a few bases. To be honest the only generally 'unknown' component is the flavorings used since you don't know if it's some fancy place that only uses organic extracts, or you're getting the food industry chemical flavorings. But even then, you're atomizing a known substance, not converting it to new compounds via fire. You breathe in what you put in.
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano