Neverwinter

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Neverwinter

Post by Winnow »

EVE Online has the best model I've seen for this sort of thing. Everything, including buying tickets to their Fan Fest in Iceland, can be purchased with in game currency. Transferring accounts, re-sculpting characters, monthly subscriptions, buying/selling characters, all are obtainable if you take the time to actually play the game. Doing missions, researching, mining, PvP, PvE, trading on the markets, manufacturing, planetary interaction, hauling, hacking, archaeology, etc all earn ISK. which can be converted into PLEX (Pilot's Licence).

Paying for extra storage slots is dumb no matter what game it is. The key is to have a way to make all items available via a market system in the game so people can buy crap for real $$ and then sell it for in game money, allowing others to buy that crap for in-game money.

Aion, which has been very successful as a F2P game, does that. People will buy some lame fashion item and then sell it for millions of in game money. The market supply/demand balances itself out. I've never spent a penny on Aion since it went F2P while I've spent assloads of $$ on EVE for convenience/time saving's sake.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:EVE Online has the best model I've seen for this sort of thing. Everything, including buying tickets to their Fan Fest in Iceland, can be purchased with in game currency. Transferring accounts, re-sculpting characters, monthly subscriptions, buying/selling characters, all are obtainable if you take the time to actually play the game. Doing missions, researching, mining, PvP, PvE, trading on the markets, manufacturing, planetary interaction, hauling, hacking, archaeology, etc all earn ISK. which can be converted into PLEX (Pilot's Licence).

Paying for extra storage slots is dumb no matter what game it is. The key is to have a way to make all items available via a market system in the game so people can buy crap for real $$ and then sell it for in game money, allowing others to buy that crap for in-game money.
It's pretty much the same way in Neverwinter. You can buy 'Zen' for Astral Diamonds. The exchange rate isn't quite the greatest at the moment (350:1) so to buy 1000 zen to purchase a bag that's 350,000 ADs. The most you can refine in a day is 24,000 rough ADs so even if you got the max amount a day it would take two weeks. However the point remains that it's doable so doesn't sound any different than what you describe. You can also sell on the auction house which deals directly in ADs and bypasses the 24k a day refining limit. Unfortunately the AH market is currently a bit out of balance due to exploits flooding the market with cheap epic gear.

The system itself is fine it's just that the prices in the Zen store are a bit unreasonable. However I've been playing the game for almost three weeks now and other than a bag there's nothing in the zen store that interests me nor is really required to play the game so I'm not going to really get all upset and quit because of the shop prices. I basically pretend the Zen store doesn't exist in the game and ask myself "Is the game still fun for me?" and so far the answer is Yes. if some things were cheaper I'd probably be willing to spend more as would I'm sure a lot more people.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Sure, it doesn't have the upskirt-pedo-model that some folks like, but it is a pretty enjoyable game. I for one appreciate the non-pedo-upskirt design. Plenty of Japanese games for the kiddie-diddlers.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Canelek wrote:Sure, it doesn't have the upskirt-pedo-model that some folks like, but it is a pretty enjoyable game. I for one appreciate the non-pedo-upskirt design. Plenty of Japanese games for the kiddie-diddlers.
You should probably give Guild Wars 2 a try then. No skirts yet it has way better ...well, everything and less rip-off items to buy.

Scarlet Blade is another conservative F2P game that focuses on game play with a science fiction slant to it, if you miss Tabula Rasa.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:You should probably give Guild Wars 2 a try then. No skirts yet it has way better ...well, everything and less rip-off items to buy.
So don't buy them.. Problem solved!

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Winnow wrote: Scarlet Blade is another conservative F2P game that focuses on game play with a science fiction slant to it, if you miss Tabula Rasa.
Archetype:Sentinel
Base Clone DNA:Eastern European
Height:4'11"
Bust:21A
Waist:19
Hips:25

you're still a creepy pedophile
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You're still a gullible moron.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Just an update.. Still having fun! Second character (Cleric) up to level 41 now. I've also made enough in AD in a month to purchase 2 bags if I so desired. So not really sure what the big deal about that is.

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Fun game! Playing with my gf and another friend Lvl 23 or so. Doing well in 5man content. Really like cleric!!
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

kyoukan wrote:
Winnow wrote: Scarlet Blade is another conservative F2P game that focuses on game play with a science fiction slant to it, if you miss Tabula Rasa.
Archetype:Sentinel
Base Clone DNA:Eastern European
Height:4'11"
Bust:21A
Waist:19
Hips:25

you're still a creepy pedophile
Yes, much less pervy. Good game on that count.
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Canelek wrote:Fun game! Playing with my gf and another friend Lvl 23 or so. Doing well in 5man content. Really like cleric!!
The dungeons at that point aren't bad. Wait until you get to Lair of the Mad Dragon around 30ish or so. It's like a brick wall to the face when compared to the previous stuff. I like the skirmishes overall and think they're decently tuned. Unfortunately at level 60 you only get one skirmish. And it sucks.

Also you'll come to realize Cryptic's definition of difficulty is adding adds. And then add more adds on top of that.

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Yeah we brick walled on the lvl 25 dungeon. That pirate boss and the zillion adds was brutal.
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Canelek wrote:Yeah we brick walled on the lvl 25 dungeon. That pirate boss and the zillion adds was brutal.
I can solo that one with my level 60 and even that's annoying with him constantly kicking you away or telephoning behind you to slice you up. However that's about the last one sadly. I tried the Mad Dragon and got it to 80% or so after about 15-20 minutes. With enough health potions I could probably do it but it would take a rather long time. I'm sure other classes who can put some ranged damage on the dragon while also dealing with adds could do it easier but as a tank I was spending more time killing adds.

Unfortunately that's not the last pirate boss you encounter. You'll fight the Pirate King around level 45.

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Guess we will have to use lfg queue then. Either way, love the game.
en kærlighed småkager
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

I'm playing on Beholder as a lvl 47 rogue named Venlo. Gimme a msg if you see me on.

It definitely gets harder once you hit Lair of the Mad Dragon. That end boss fight was like a sucker punch in the nose on my first time through it. Bosses continue to get harder too. Absolutely need to teach ppl to dodge red areas and kill off adds.

The MMO IQ on a lot of players is extremely low, so don't be afraid to take control of a group. Also pre-make groups and enter dungeons manually instead of doing the queues so you don't get a group with all DPS and no healer or tank, etc.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Keverian FireCry wrote:I'm playing on Beholder as a lvl 47 rogue named Venlo. Gimme a msg if you see me on.

It definitely gets harder once you hit Lair of the Mad Dragon. That end boss fight was like a sucker punch in the nose on my first time through it. Bosses continue to get harder too. Absolutely need to teach ppl to dodge red areas and kill off adds.
Also on Beholder. GF and DC now at 60. Just started on a TR and at 16. I might have a problem lol. I don't know I just find the game addicting at least for the present time. It definitely has it's share of issues but it's only been "out" a month. Looking forward to Gauntlygrym (for some reason) and Module 1. As well as a couple new classes.

For the DC I basically skipped the dungeons and just worked on leveling because with pick up groups it's really frustrating. You have a wipe or two and then someone leaves then you're screwed. They need to work on the queue system so you can get people in there so that people don't waste an hour+.

Yes the store is high priced.. But honestly you don't need anything other than bags and even that's more convenience over anything. I'd say if people do like the game look at one of the founders packs since the stuff you get is per account not character. Well most of it anyway.. Some stuff, like the bonus AD, you only get once.

Any word on good guilds? I've had numerous invites while on my DC but I've turned them down because random invites = lame. Need to make a VV one!

--
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

blarg! dbl post.
Last edited by Keverian FireCry on June 3, 2013, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Hit 52 last night (dawn :p).

Agreed about the queue issue, but the dungeons are really fun if you can get a good group. I think I missed one of them, but have otherwise done them all as I leveled through each zone. The good thing is that at lvl 60 there are epic versions of the same dungeons(most of them?) so when you do feel like exploring them you can do so and have a challenge.

Not sure about guilds yet. Haven't looked into it at all, but the guild find function showed tons of guilds, many of which seem to allow everyone and their brother's dead fish in, so I decided I'd wait til lvl 60. :)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Yeah not looking for anything super hardcore as far as guilds go since I don't plan on playing 7 days a week or anything. Those ones with 500 members are just ridiculous.

Good news for people struggling with the Mad Dragon:
The dragons have a lot of health, a LOT of health. We have lowered their health internally and that change should go out with the major content patch mentioned in the state of the game.

That fight, like many in Neverwinter, is about add control. Take them down first prioritizing the minions and maguseseses since they go down faster, leaving someone poking the dragon and making him angry while everyone else focuses on adds and the dragon secondarily. Its pretty brutal at the moment.
Although it just sounds like they lowered the health and called it a day? The amount of health wasn't really the issue is was the adds especially the annoying imps that snare you.

And yes there are Epic versions of all the dungeons at 60 but it's basically the same fight just with harder hitting mobs that have more health. You can also manually enter any of the normal dungeons you missed as well. It would be nice if epic versions existed for skirmishes. Hopefully they are working on that since you'd think it would be something fairly easy to implement.

--
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

I was thinking a nice alternative to the normal queue would be a 'travel to' function for dungeon entrances. Once you discover an entrance you could have a drop down addition to the world map icons to send you straight to a dungeon. Then people could meet and group up quickly to manually enter the dungeons as a group. That and/or a full LFG window that shows class/lvl and what dungeon(s) you're interested in. Once you find a full group through that window, hit "enter dungeon" and you're sent directly inside as if you joined in a queue.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

At this very moment we are putting the final touches on a build that incorporates a ton of improvements to the various systems in Neverwinter. Thanks to all the helpful feedback we've received from our community, we've got updates coming for PVP, the Queue System, the Auction House, Gateway, the user interface, and game performance. Additionally, we've got tons of fixes coming regarding quests, Dungeon Delves, and rewards.

That's not all! Every class will see big changes in regards to their mechanics. Aside from fixing many of the bugs associated with class powers, we've done a considerable amount of rebalancing across the board. Expect a high volume of changes to damage, mitigation, cooldowns, stacking, power synergies, durations, and knockbacks, interrupts, threat, bonuses, and pretty much everything else!
To be honest I'm a bit nervous when they mention big changes to class mechanics as a lot of times that usually boils down to nerfs.

--
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Aslanna wrote:To be honest I'm a bit nervous when they mention big changes to class mechanics as a lot of times that usually boils down to nerfs.
In SC2, if a unit is overpowered, Blizzard nerfs it by buffing units / strategies that counter said unit. Nerfing by buffing has been very popular so far.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

We shall see! Joys of beta ..
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

TRs definitely need a nerf. At least for PvP! It's so ridiculous that they can basically do damage to you while invisible. I don't know what ability it is but it's great fun having a bunch of daggers thrown at you and not being able to defend yourself. And then with the smokebomb daze ability thing and some builds with certain enchantments letting them basically oneshot you you're toast. CWs are up there too on my annoyance list.

Usually I last a lot longer before dying while playing my DC than my GF. But that could just be because I'm not very good with a tank class. Or DCs are overpowered. Between Astral Seal and Divine Armor I can hold a point forever against most people 1 on 1. Although I've come across really good players that just shred me regardless of what class I'm playing.

I'm definitely a PvP noob and wouldn't even bother with it if it wasn't for the glory currency and the dailies. I have been in a few decent games though when my team at least understood the basic rules. It's very frustrating even when you tell people what to do they still don't want to bother. The goal of Domination mode isn't kills it's about holding the point the longest. And it's always awesome when 4-5 of my team runs to the same point.

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

With my 35 tr, I usually am top scorer if my team doesn't suck. :) mages give me fits though. Haven't done much PHP on the cleric.
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Nerfs incoming! Astral Shield got nerfage as before you could pretty much keep it running 95% of the time. Now when it fades you still have 6 seconds left on cooldown. I could see fixing the stacking thing but cooldown was fine as it was imo. Depending on how the other changes are it may be less enjoyable to play now and I might go back to GF.

CWs got pretty big changes (nerfs) while TRs, who did take a big hit on one ability, got off pretty light. These aren't live on the current servers yet but they implemented a test server now and you can copy your characters over to it and mess around.
General

- Multiple sources of DSP can now play at the same time (such as two overlapping Daze effects).
- Players with certain low-end video cards should no longer see solid pink textures on certain characters and objects.
- Another fix for the OUT_OF_MEMORY crash has been made.
- A large batch of voiceover in non-English languages has been added to the game.

Combat

Control Wizard
- Arcane Singularity now displays the correct icon in character creation.
- Chill stacks are now removed when Freeze is broken, instead of when it is applied.
- Chill may now stack on control-immune NPCs, but does not snare or freeze them.
- Chilling Cloud: The first two hits of the combo now refresh Chill stacks.
- Conduit of Ice: The primary effect of this power is now considered a DoT for damage calculation.
- Entangling Force: This power is now considered a DoT for damage calculation.
- Ray of Enfeeblement: This power is now considered a DoT for damage calculation.
- Ray of Enfeeblement: The benefits from ranking up this power have been decreased.
- Ray of Enfeeblement: The debuff applied by this power is now less powerful.
- Ray of Enfeeblement: The Spell Mastery version of the debuff now displays stacks on the target.
- Ray of Enfeeblement: Two Control Wizards can no longer apply two separate stacks of the debuff on a single target if one uses the Spell Mastery version and one does not. The DoT is still applied by each Wizard individually, however.
- Repel: The tooltip now correctly states that Repel briefly stuns its target(s).
- Shard of the Endless Avalanche: The Shard can no longer be destroyed by certain attacks.
- Shard of the Endless Avalanche: This power now consistently deals Arcane damage.
- Shard of the Endless Avalanche: The rank-up text of this power no longer incorrectly states that its cooldown is reduced by 5 seconds per rank.
- Shard of the Endless Avalanche: Queuing another power while casting no longer puts the power on cooldown without creating the Shard.
- Steal Time: The Movement buff granted by this power no longer stacks with other Movement buffs.
- Steal Time: This power now grants one Arcane Mastery stack per cast, regardless of the number of enemies hit.
- Storm Pillar: The damage radius of the normal cast has been slightly increased.
- Storm Pillar: The damage dealt by the summoned pillar has been slightly reduced.
- Storm Pillar: Ranking up this power now increases the time the summoned pillar lasts.
- Sudden Storm: This power no longer deals 10 Physical damage in addition to normal damage.
- Sudden Storm: The DoT now deals more damage.
- Sudden Storm: The Spell Mastery version of this power is now considered a DoT for damage calculation.
- Feat: Chaos Magic: Chaotic Growth now heals for less, but affects maximum health rather than current health.
- Feat: Destructive Wizardry: This power now requires Storm Pillar to be charged at least halfway to activate.
- Feat: Masterful Arcane Theft: The damage bonus from this feat has been reduced.
- Feat: Prestidigitation: This feat now also increases movement speed.
- Feat: Reaper's Touch: This feat's effectiveness has been reduced.
- Feat: Snap Freeze: This feat no longer increases the damage of Lightning-based powers. It now correctly only affects Cold powers.

Devoted Cleric
- Astral Seal: The healing from this power no longer tapers off more quickly than expected.
- Astral Shield: Players may now only be affected by one instance of Astral Shield at a time.
- Astral Shield: The healing from the Divine version of this power is now considered a Heal over Time for healing calculations.
- Astral Shield: This power no longer incorrectly increases in duration with higher ranks.
- Astral Shield: The shield circle will no longer sometimes disappear when projectiles pass over the center.
- Bastion of Health: This power no longer affects targets through walls.
- Break the Spirit: The snare from this power no longer stacks with other snares.
- Divine Armor: Players may now only be affected by one instance of Divine Armor at a time.
- Divine Armor: This power will now consistently affect all party members and the caster's own summoned Companion.
- Divine Armor: This power no longer affects targets through walls.
- Divine Glow: Now has separate target limits for allies and enemies, rather than a shared total.
- Divine Glow: The visual effects no longer scale up quite as much on larger enemies.
- Guardian of Faith: This power now properly heals players when the target is killed.
- Hallowed Ground: This power no longer affects targets through walls.
- Hammer of Fate: The control immunity aspect of this power now lasts a consistent length of time.
- Prophecy of Doom: Adding ranks to this power no longer causes the Divine version to increase the target’s defense rather than reduce it.
- Punishing Light: The damage from this power now scales based on player level.
- Sooth: Fixed issue where 2nd and 3rd ranks were tied to Holy Fervor rather than Sooth.
- Soothing Light: The healing from this power now scales based on player level.
- Feat: Cleanse: The cleanse effect now has a 20-second cooldown whenever it removes a debuff.
- Feat: Cleanse: When a player cleanses other targets, the player also now cleanses himself or herself.
- Feat: Cleanse: The cleanse effect now only removes one debuff at a time.
- Feat: Cleanse: The cleanse effect no longer removes the "recently died" debuff.
- Feat: Ethereal Boon: This feat no longer gives twice the Divine Power as expected.
- Feat: Focused Poise: The damage increase from this power has been improved.
- Feat: Focused Poise: This feat now also increases Divine Power generated by Lance of Faith.
- Feat: Healing Action: The description of this feat has been clarified.
- Feat: Linked Spirit: The description of this feat now properly states that players must be using Channel Divinity to benefit from this feat.
- Feat: Power of Oppression: This feat's effect can no longer stack several times.
- Feat: Second Sight: This power now correctly heals party members for 5% of the damage dealt per rank, up from 2%.

Great Weapon Fighter
- Avalanche of Steel no longer removes DoTs and CC effects applied before leaping offscreen.
- Battle Fury: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
- Come and Get It: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
- Crescendo: The estimated damage of this power is now more accurate.
- Daring Shout: This power no longer sometimes grants more defense than expected.
- Mighty Leap: The jump distance of this power has increased.
- Mighty Leap: While jumping, the player is now considered dodging for hit detection.
- Not So Fast: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
- Not So Fast: The damage dealt by this power has been increased, particularly so when it hits a single target.
- Restoring Strike: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
- Roar: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
- Savage Advance: Players can no longer rarely knock enemies back without spending Action Points.
- Spinning Strike: While this power is active, the user is now immune to Control powers.
- Spinning Strike: While this power is active, attacks are now guaranteed to be deflected.
- Steadfast Determination: Ranks 2 and 3 now properly improve this power.
- Sure Strike: The damage from this power has been increased.
- Takedown: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
- Takedown: The range of this power has been increased.
- Takedown: The user of this power now shifts forward slightly when attacking.
- Unstoppable: This power now grants temporary health based on how much Determination the player had when activating it.
- Unstoppable: This power no longer removes certain Movement buffs.
- Wicked Strike: The damage from this power has been increased.
- Feat: Deep Gash: The damage from this feat is now considered a DoT.
- Feat: Defiance: This feat now properly increases threat generation.
- Feat: Focused Destroyer: This feat no longer allows the player to build stacks when no target is hit.
- Feat: Grudge Style: This feat now properly increases threat generation.
- Feat: Grudge Style: The extra threat generation from this power no longer requires a critical hit to activate.
- Feat: Intimidation: This feat now properly increases threat generation.
- Feat: Intimidation: The damage bonus from Power has been increased.

Guardian Fighter
- Addressed an issue in which the client and server disagreed on the cooldown of Block, resulting in Blocking sometimes not being effective after releasing and re-pressing Block.
- Aggravating Strike: Damage from this power now properly scales with player level.
- Enforced Threat: Iron Warrior no longer reduces Guard recovery of Enforced Threat.
- Ferocious Reaction: This power no longer grants far more Defense than intended.
- Guard mitigation on high-damage attacks has been increased by 20%.
- Knight's Valor: This power now consistently applies to all members of the party.
- Knight's Valor: This power is no longer cancelled by knockbacks or interrupts.
- Mark: Visual effects no longer scale up quite as much on larger enemies.
- Shield Slam: Damage from this power now properly scales with player level.
- The amount of damage the Guardian Fighter can block before breaking guard has been increased by 10%.
- Threat generation on all abilities has been increased by 35%.
- Threatening Rush: The third rank of this power no longer requires 40 points spent.
- Tide of Iron: The duration of the debuff is now consistent.
- Villain's Menace: This power no longer prevents Movement buffs from affecting the player while active.
- Feat: Shield Defense: All ranks of this feat now properly increase Armor Class.
- Feat: Wrathful Warrior: The damage buff from this feat has been reduced to match the tooltip.

Trickster Rogue
- Encounter and Daily powers now benefit more from the Power stat.
- Blitz: The snare from this power no longer stacks with other snare effects.
- Deft Strike: This power no longer places the Rogue in front of certain dragons.
- Duelist's Flurry: Credit for the bleed damage is now properly attributed if multiple Rogues apply stacks.
- Duelist's Flurry: Up to 10 stacks of the bleed effect can be applied to a single enemy regardless of how many Rogues applied them.
- Duelist's Flurry: The bleed now ticks more slowly.
- Impossible to Catch: The Stealthed version no longer removes DoT effects when activated, but does prevent them from being applied while active.
- Shocking Execution: The base damage of this power has been reduced by 60%.
- Smoke Bomb: The snare from this power no longer stacks with other snare effects.
- Feat: Catspaw Style: This feat now properly reduces the target's defense.
- Feat: Deadly Momentum: The Critical Severity buff from this feat has been reduced to match the tooltip.
- Feat: Ruthless Efficiency: The Armor Penetration buff from this feat has been reduced to match the tooltip.

Misc.
- Half Elf: Dilettante now has a more accurate and informative description.
- Threat from Healing is now spread across enemies in an encounter, generating less for each enemy in the encounter.
- Control Wizards can no longer swap powers on cooldown into or out of the Arcane Mastery slot.
- Targeting splats now move along with the caster when the caster is pushed.
- The Toughness feat for all classes now updates maximum health immediately, rather than when relogging or changing zones.

Companions

- Companions now deal much greater damage to enemies with significantly higher level than their Rank, but a close level to their owner.
- Companion training time is no longer consistently offset, which tended to result in negative "time until training completes" values.
- Respawning in PvP no longer reminds players that their Companions cannot be summoned.
- Runestones: Eldritch Runestones now properly stack if you have multiple of the same rank slotted into your Companion's Defense Slots.
- Wayward Wizard: Now has new VO upon summoning him.

Quests and Environments

General
- Daily quests no longer deactivate temporarily about once every two weeks.
- Daily quests from Rhix have had their text improved and cleaned up.
- NPCs are now less talkative.
- Skill nodes near the beginnings of many instances have been removed.
- Deadly pits and falls no longer sometimes let players fall through them.
- Optimization and visual improvement passes have been made to many objects and environments across the game.
- Overworld map doors now allow multiple players to interact simultaneously.
- Several stability improvements have been implemented.

Protector's Enclave
- Graphical performance has been significantly improved in Protector's Enclave.
- Important quest NPCs are now more visible and accessible.
- The Grand Emporium now has a Phoera and Galeb Duhr on display.
- The Reward Claims Agent now has a unique icon over his head.
- The Guild Registrar no longer has a guild bank, but has a new friend to handle those responsibilities.
- The Town Cryer has cheered up. He is now the Town Crier.
- A fancy platform has been constructed leading off the stairs, facing toward the Neverember statue by the Marketplace.

Tutorial
- Neverwinter Fields: Private Wilfred's voice has changed.
- Neverwinter Fields: The Great Weapon Fighter's encounter power tip now fits within its box.
- Sleeping Dragon Bridge: Dying to the Deathlock Wight no longer blocks progress.
- Sleeping Dragon Bridge: The audio balance on the bridge has been improved.
- Sleeping Dragon Bridge: The ending sequence has been smoothed out.
- Sleeping Dragon Bridge: The Harbinger now properly leashes.
- Sleeping Dragon Bridge: Valindra's teleport animation and effect has been improved.
- Theft of the Crown: There is no longer a floating tomb in one of the side wings.

Blacklake District
- Close to the Crown: When candles disappear due to video settings, they no longer leave glowing light behind.
- Close to the Crown: Ambient audio no longer drops out in a specific room.
- Players no longer have to submerge themselves in sludge to collect the lake sample.

Tower District
- The reverb in the Orc Barracks has been toned down.
Castle Never: A blade trap that could not be disarmed has been removed.

Spellplague
- Plague Tower: Performance has significantly improved on this map.
- Plague Tower: The statues no longer pop when they rotate.

Blackdagger Ruins
- The repeatable version of Bloodying the Bandits has been removed.
- Hidden Cove: There is no longer a rogue green line on the loading screen.
- Grimstorm Keep: Jareth Grim is no longer immune to Control powers.
- Cragmire Crypts: Boss cutscenes no longer repeat for each party member.
- Cragmire Crypts: Characters and objects no longer flicker in and out in certain spots.
- Cragmire Crypts: Trickster Rogues can no longer use Deft Strike through the gates.
- Cragmire Crypts: Several traps that couldn't be disarmed have been fixed.
- Storming the Keep: Malus Blackdagger now has the appropriate amount of health.

Neverdeath Graveyard
- A few areas that previously allowed players outside the gameplay area have been addressed.

Helm's Hold
- The Sanatorium: A trap that couldn't be disarmed has been fixed.
- The zone map is no longer offset; the minimap is now accurate.
- Lair of the Mad Dragon: The boss now spawns fewer adds in Normal Mode.
- Lair of the Mad Dragon: The boss no longer spawns a Shocktroop Devil. It now summons an Erinyes.

Ebon Downs
- Barrows: A trap that could get Companions stuck has been removed.
- Objects inside the tavern now only sparkle if the player has an objective to click them.
- The Barrow Lords now properly grant progress for the "Ebon Downs: Maps" achievement.

Vellosk
- The zone map is no longer offset; the minimap is now accurate.
- Gray Wolf Den: Enemies and objects no longer flicker in one of the chasm rooms.
- Gray Wolf Den: Ethraniev Marrowslake is now less difficult. Her control powers are less harsh and she summons fewer adds at a time.

Pirates' Skyhold
- Lair of the Pirate King: The non-Epic version of this dungeon now properly grants an achievement.

Icespire Peak
- Icespire's Heart: The transparent floors no longer sometimes render as black, but are now opaque for better rendering of attack warnings.
- Icespire's Heart: A few more adjustments have been made to the environment to address content that could be bypassed.

The Chasm
- Spellplague Caverns: The Epic version of this dungeon now properly grants an achievement.
- Spellplague Caverns: Leaving this dungeon now puts the player where he or she was before leaving.
- Spellplague Caverns: The deadly falls now kill players much more consistently.

Rothe Valley
- Defend the Village: The exit is no longer blocked by an invisible wall.
- Temple of the Spider: A trap hidden beneath the floor has now been properly exposed.
- Temple of the Spider: A few more adjustments have been made to the environment to address content that could be bypassed.

Mount Hotenow
- Primordial Temple: A couple lava flows with hard cutoffs have been smoothed out.
- The bloom on the lava has been toned down a bit.
- The map art now shows some gameplay areas that were previously shown as inaccessible.
- The caldera of Mount Hotenow is no longer blocked by a giant rock. Questing in this area is now much, much more possible.

Whispering Caverns
- A Dish Best Served Cold: This quest now has a waypoint and a Quest Path.
- Doors that were previously blocked by collision are now properly interactive.
- The Dread Vault: Leaving through the entrance door now properly returns the player to where he or she was before entering the dungeon.
- The Dread Vault: Yalghoor now summons fewer thralls.
- Xorlarrin Outpost: It should now be more difficult to get out of the gameplay area.
- The boss of the Wrathforge can no longer be kited.

PvP
- Rivenscar Ruins: The map art is now much clearer about gameplay space and pathing.
- Rivenscar Ruins: Smoothed out visual popping on some environment pieces.

Foundry

- Audio now works properly after projects are published.
- Deleting items no longer potentially causes a crash.
- Many Illusionary objects have been added to the Foundry.
- Inspect Object objectives are now available on Cryptic maps.
- Interact Text and Interact Animation tasks now take the author to the correct editor.
- More Behaviors have been added for NPCs, generally dealing in non-combat behavior.
- Projects with room doors set to "This Component Complete" as a hide condition have been fixed up so they no longer have that condition.
- The buttons on the project dashboard now link properly to the listed sites.
- The Review popup after completing a Foundry quest is now more difficult to accidentally close.
- The "Sneak Peek" reviewer achievement now properly unlocks.
- Well-Informed contacts now properly show the correct estimated playtime of Foundry quests.
- Several stability improvements to the Foundry have been implemented.

Gateway

- An error message now properly shows if the player attempts to rush a Profession task without enough Astral Diamonds to cover it.
- Character previews now properly load all textures before being generated.
- The best asset for a given Profession task is now automatically slotted into the Required Asset slot. It can still be switched out manually.
- When leveling to 30 or 60 via Professions in Gateway, the level 30 or 60 task slot now properly unlocks.
- Account Guard for IE 10 now remembers the browser between sessions.
- The Auction House for Gateway now properly limits the number of auctions a player may run at a time.
- Players can now put crafting resources up for sale in the auction house.
- The auction house now shows the real "current bid" rather than the "minimum allowed bid."
- If a player is winning an auction, "You're Winning" now appears on the Auction House browse page.
- Professions: Filter and Sort preferences are now saved between sessions.
- When a player clicks the "Start Task" button, the player is now taken to the most recently viewed task list.
- The profession task list no longer becomes "cut off" at the bottom with no way to page through them.
- The mobile layout has been updated to reduce some scrolling, improve usability for the Auction House, add a missing back buttons in some confirmation dialogs, and increase the size of some input fields.
- Tooltips for set items now display properly.
- Login error messages now display in a less intrusive location.
- News and emergency alerts now show up more quickly once they're changed.
- The Character Sheet now calculates Health correctly.

Items / Rewards

Enchantments
- Silvery Enchantments now properly stack their Glory Boost if multiple of the same rank are slotted in Utility slots.
- Radiant Enchantments now properly stack their Gold Boost if multiple of the same rank are slotted in Utility slots.
- Azure Enchantments now properly stack their XP Boost if multiple of the same rank are slotted in Utility slots.

Item Sets
- Control Wizard: Shadow Weaver Set: The tooltip now specifies that the set bonus only triggers with Encounter powers, and only stacks up to 3 times.
- Control Wizard: Shadow Weaver Set: The set bonus now stacks up to 3 times.
- Control Wizard: Gladiator Mage Set: The set bonus now properly reduces the cooldown of Spell Mastery powers.
- Control Wizard: High Vizier's Set no longer increases NPC defense and lowers the player's. The set bonus can now affect control-based Daily powers, too.
- Devoted Cleric: Divine Emissary Set: The set bonus now correctly gives its buff to nearby allies.
- Devoted Cleric: Greaves of the Divine Emissary: This item is now Bind on Equip instead of Bind on Pickup.
- Devoted Cleric: Greaves of the Sacred Hand: This item is now Bind on Equip instead of Bind on Pickup.
- Devoted Cleric: High Prophet Set: The set bonus no longer debuffs allies when healed.
- Devoted Cleric: High Prophet Set: This tooltip now properly indicates that the set bonus stacks 3 times for 4 seconds, instead of 4 times for 3 seconds.
- Devoted Cleric: High Prophet Set: The set bonus now correctly affects players.
- Great Weapon Fighter: Berserker Set: This set bonus no longer fully resets cooldowns when using Spinning Strike or Crescendo.
- Great Weapon Fighter: Bladestorm Set: The tooltip now properly shows the chance for the set bonus to activate (35%).
- Great Weapon Fighter: The Head and Feet slot items of the PvP set now look correct.
- Guardian Fighter: Valiant Warrior Set: Now correctly procs 25% of the time, down from 75%.
- Guardian Fighter: Knight Captain's Set no longer drops with minimum levels below 60. Any existing Knight Captain's gear that has a minimum level below 60 will still keep their lower minimum level.
- Trickster Rogue: Master Duelist's Long Dagger may no longer be equipped in the off hand. Players with it equipped will have it dropped into the Overflow Bag on the next map change after logging in.
- Trickster Rogue: Previously untextured armor now properly has textures.

- Armor enchantments that display visual effects no longer make a Trickster Rogue even more visible while stealthed.
- Bound versions of items given via the Adventurer's Reward box now have a different icon.
- Buff potions now have minimum levels to use, based on their tier.
- Enchantment slots on many quest rewards have been updated to match gear of their type.
- Invocation: The Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation now gives rewards consistent with the tooltip.
- Invocation: Seal packs in the Invocation store now look like bags instead of seals.
- Jeweled Idols now more accurately describe in their tooltips where to turn them in.
- Many quest items have had some visual changes to improve aesthetic variety.
- Most mounts now play a "poof" sound when dismounting.
- Nightmare Shield can no longer replace the art of Primary Slot weapons.
- The Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation no longer has a typo in its name.
- Tier 2 Seal stores have had their duplicate, differently-priced items removed.
- Objects created by the Dust of Creation item now have sparkles surrounding them.
- Potion icons have been updated to better differentiate orange, red, and pink contents.
- Potion names and levels have been updated to be consistent across tiers and types of potions.
- Potion of Fortification now properly has an icon.
- Profession resources may now be purchased in stacks of up to 100.
- Sash of the Thief can now be worn by players.
- Skill Kits now show the correct success rate in their flavor text.
- Stats on many quest rewards have been improved.
- Waverider Mace now appears when equipped.
- Whispering Caverns: Off-hand quest rewards now give the proper stats.
- Zen Market: The Companion Idle Slot information now correctly states that it can be purchased up to 10 times, up from 6.
- Zen Market: The Stormraider Clydesdale now shows the correct title.

Localization

- The layout of many portions of the UI has been adjusted to better accommodate localized content.
- The "Outbid" message for the Auction House has been updated.
- Queues have updated localization passes to match recent messaging changes.
- French and German text has been updated.

Monsters / NPCs

- Certain treasure chests no longer reveal their secrets when players are in combat nearby.
- Dragons' maximum health has been reduced.
- Mind Flayers' Enslave buff has been reduced in efficacy.
- Nothic Plaguegazers' gaze beam power now has audio.
- Several bosses have had their hit react volumes lowered.
- Thoon Hulk melee attacks now have audio.
- War cry audio has been added and improved for many monsters of the Aberrant, Dragon, Mind Flayer, and Winterforge families.
- Wolves now have a smoother knockback animation.

Professions

- All Rare +2 Helms and Gloves now properly give Helms and Gloves instead of Boots as their second tier rewards.
- The best asset for a given task is now automatically slotted into the Required Asset slot. It can still be switched out manually.
- The "Level 60" Task slot now properly opens at level 60 instead of 50. Players who got the level 50 unlock will still have that slot unlocked.
- Platesmithing: The Gather Mithral Ore task has had its rewards corrected.
- Leadership: The Rank 9 task, Chart Region, now properly gives a District Map instead of a Bill of Sale.
- Leadership: Mercenaries have had their icons updated.

PvP

- Finished PvP maps no longer stand a chance of sometimes stranding players without a Leave button.
- Players may no longer be kicked from PvP maps unless they are disconnected.
- Players must now participate in a PvP match to qualify for its rewards.
- Players no longer get points for Assists if they do not deal damage to the target player.
We are aware that this puts healers at a point disadvantage; we are looking into solutions for a future update.
- PvP matches that go by much more quickly than expected now give fewer rewards.
- The "Match Start" countdown now properly waits until the match is about to begin to start counting down.
- The minimap zoom boundaries in both PvP maps have been improved; players should be able to zoom out more.
- The rewards for losing a PvP match have been lowered.
- While waiting for more players to join a PvP match, the UI now displays that it's waiting for players.

Queues

- Error messages have been improved for queues that cannot be joined.
- Queues once again attempt to refill parties after a party member has dropped.
- The Queue UI now has sortable columns for level and gear score requirements.
- When joining an existing party, players now spawn at the farthest-forward respawn point activated by that party.
- When refilling parties with dropped members, the Queue system refills the party using the role(s) of the player(s) who had dropped.
- When rejoining a queue that one has previously left, there is no longer a chance of being placed back into the same instance in a seemingly broken state.
- When some party members accept and some party members decline a queue offer, the whole party is properly removed from the queue.

UI

Alterer
- The Alterer UI now scales to fill the entire screen.

Appearance Change
- The item dropdown menu now supports longer item names.
- The preview of your character wearing an item in the Appearance Change window has been restored.

Auction House
- Clicking on a grayed out item category no longer triggers the search cooldown.
- Item counts are now displayed in the "My Bids" tab.
- New sorting methods have been added for "Bid price per unit" and "Buyout price per unit."
- Sorting as a whole now works more intuitively.
- The Browse tab now shows the player's own auctions in a Disabled (grayed out) state.
- The item selection dropdown menu is now wider to better support long item names.
- The item selection dropdown now closes when closing the Auction House window.
- The item selection dropdown now properly handles Enchantment slots on the icon.
- The item selection dropdown now shows quality colors.
- The minimum required bid is now properly displayed on the High Bid tooltip in the "Browse" and "My Bids" screens.
- If an auction has expired, its entry in the "Expires In" tab is now properly "Expired."
- If an auction has expired, the Bid, Buyout, and Cancel Auction buttons are now properly grayed out.

Bank
- The Guild Bank no longer immediately closes when being accessed via the Guild Registrar.

Character Creation
- Racial descriptions have been improved to better explain stat choices and racial powers.
- The "Begin Adventure" button no longer overlaps the Biography text area.
- The detail window in class selection is a little wider to better support longer power names.
- The Northdark background now has a fitting image.

Character Select / Login
- A Credits button has been added to the Login screen.

Character Sheet
- A "History" tab has been added for easy reference of the Background, Biography, Deity, and Origin entered at character creation, as well as the title the player has selected. This matches the Inspect window.
- Equipping an item from the dropdown list next to an item slot now properly works when the player's main inventory bag is full.
- The Character Sheet now shows race and gender.
- The "Edit Profile" button has been removed from the Character Sheet and replaced by the History tab.
- The Gear Score stat now has a tooltip.
- The Gear Score stat now displays correctly when the player character is dead.
- When equipping items through the dropdown menu next to an item slot, the listed items no longer always show as "Recommended."
- When inspecting other players, the Gear Score listed now properly shows the other player's Gear Score instead of yours.
Chat
- Attempting to drag a chat tab into the power tray no longer breaks tooltips.
- Linked items now properly handle multi-byte UTF-8 characters, which addresses the item links having some incorrectly colored characters.
- Right-clicking on a player name in chat now consistently opens up the same context menu as when interacting with the player in the world.
- The Autocomplete menu now matches the appearance of other dropdown menus.

Commands
- /perks is now a valid command to open the Achievements panel.

Companions
- Double-clicking to unequip items now works as expected.
- Dragging items in the Companions tab now shows the correct icon.
- Runestones now show the correct icon when attempting to drag them out of a slot.
- The Companions UI no longer allows empty slots to be selected.
- The Rename Companion window now scales based on its contents.

Contact Dialog
- The contact dialog now looks different when a party member interacts with the contact.
- Contact dialogs now scroll if the text is too long for the window.

Death
- The Death / Near-Death screen now properly shows item quality on the scrolls shown inside.

Feats
- A warning dialog now appears when attempting to leave the Feat Window with spent but uncommitted Feat Points.
- The branched feat trees no longer have tooltips on their titles.
- The "Commit Feats" button now flashes when there are spent but uncommitted Feat Points.

Fusion
- Fusing Enchantments and Runestones now takes 1.5 seconds total per fusion, down from 5.
- The "Fuse" button no longer gets stuck in a grayed out state if the player exits the Fuse window before the fusion completes.

HUD Menu
- The Zen Market button on the top bar now glows when there are new products in the Zen Market.

General
- Popup lists (e.g. context menus) no longer have their first item selected by default.

Inspect Player
- The Inspect window now closes if the player being inspected logs off.

Instance Transfer
- The cooldown warning tooltip on the Instance Transfer button now shows your current map name and instance number.
Inventory
- An error message now properly displays if a player attempts to interact with an in-use Profession Asset.
- Items now properly go into empty inventory slots before choosing the Overflow Bag.
- Items now properly stack with others of their type when the bag the stack is in is full.
- Items that cannot be discarded now state as such in their tooltips.
- Items with a maximum level now show their max level in tooltips.
- The "Inspect Lockbox" entry in the right-click menu now works without a key.
- The "More Slots" button in the Companions tab now defaults to the 8-slot purchase.
- The Sell button in the right-click menu is now disabled in vendors without a Sell tab.
- When comparing items with multiple equip slots, such as Rings, both items now show in the Item Comparison tooltip.

Invocation
- The maximum number of Celestial Coins now displays on the Invocation UI.
- If a player has seven Celestial Coins, a confirmation dialog pops up when the player tries to Invoke.

Journal
- Quest flavor text now properly has a scrollbar when it overflows the Journal UI.

Landing Page (Welcome screen)
- The "Neverwinter News" section is now being updated!

Login
- The message that shows up when attempting to log in during shard maintenance has been updated.

Mail
- The "Message Sent!" line no longer appears when mail fails to send.
- In-game mail ignore and reporting functionality has been improved.
- The Send button is no longer clickable if the To: field is blank.

Main Menu
- The ESC menu now has a Change Character button.

Menu Bar
- The Character and Professions buttons now glow more strongly when players have Power Points / Feats / Attribute Points to spend or completed Professions tasks.

Minimap
- Event icons no longer jitter when sliding the Event Panel into / out of the Minimap.

Notifications
- Players no longer see "Your XP was set to <amount>" notifications in the Tutorial.

Options
- "Always Show Map Transfer" have been removed.

Overworld Map
- A new mouseover tooltip now shows on locations that are much higher level than the player.
- Locations that are much higher level than the player now use orange text instead of red.
- Markers pointing to Overworld Map icons are now clickable to head to their target locations.
- Players may now see quests at their current location.
- The "You Are Here" indicator now shows as a different icon border and text color instead of an indicator above the icon.
Powers
- If a power is not slotted, there is now an indicator on the Power Information frame telling the player to drag it down to the Power Tray if s/he wishes to use it.
- Paragon Paths now have new crest art.

Power Tray
- Powers are now always shown in full color in the Power Tray while in Cursor Mode.

Professions
- Asset icons now have right-click behavior.
- The Asset menu can no longer overflow the window.
- The notification sent when tasks complete now has more noticeable audio.

Rearrange HUD
- The chat window has been removed from the Rearrange HUD feature, as it's movable and resizable already.

Rewards
- Fashion items now display properly in end-of-quest chests.
- The "Need" button is now disabled for items your class cannot use.
- The rewards from end-of-dungeon chests now properly display in the chest UI.

Quest Tracker
- The "Dungeon Chest Unlocked" notification no longer persists after leaving a dungeon when the player has no other quests.

Scoreboard
- The PvP Scoreboard now shows bonus Glory earned for top placement.
- The PvP Scoreboard no longer claims to the losing team that they won.

Settings
- The "Recommended" pointer on the graphics quality slider now properly indicates the default graphics quality.

Social Menu
- The "Notes" column has been removed from the "Ignored" tab.

Targeting
- Untargetable companions, such as Ioun Stones, no longer show an extra circle beneath them when their owner is in combat.
- The player will now see his/her own title and guild overhead when "Show Name" is active.
- The player's overhead health bar no longer looks like an enemy health bar when shown.

Tickets
- The link to view existing tickets has been replaced by a button.

Vendors
- Double-clicking an item if the store doesn't purchase items now shows an error message.
- In multi-currency stores, each currency now has a box around it.
- The Buy and Sell tabs now show icons instead of words.
- The "Buy Multiple" slider can now show at least three digits.
- The former Founders Agent has been promoted to a Reward Claims Agent.
- The Reward Claims Agent now properly shows a "Claim" button instead of a Buy button.
- The vendor UI now immediately displays changes such as eligibility for items when buying or selling.
Window Behavior
- If a player is in cursor mode when windows pop up and take focus (e.g. the Friend Request notification), keypresses are eaten until the next click. This addresses window popups causing players to accidentally close a window while typing in it.

Zen Market
- New items now have a new "New" indicator.
- The "Close" button is now hidden while the player is viewing a large preview image.
- The "New" indicator now shows on categories in the Zen Market that have new items in them.

Voice Chat

- Players are now properly logged out of voice chat when returning to the Login Screen.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

So I was bored last night...

They definitely made that event a lot easier. I don't see people of the appropriate level having much trouble with it at all.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

That looks like the emerald dragon from EQ. I think that was the name. Can't remember the name of the dragon or the zone but it looks like it!

Maybe I'm thinking of Wuoshi in the Waking Lands.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Picked up a game card and Wally World to buy an $8 mount and a couple bags. Don't see myself spending any more cash on the game (at the moment).
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Luckily there is no need to! Even storage space is manageable if you abuse the mail system for storing the enchants/runestones. A little annoying to initially get setup but fairly easy to manage after that.

About the only thing I might be spending money on might be a couple more character slots.

--
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Sebilis! Trakanon!
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Seems they tried to get away from the tank/healbot scheme? Cleric is a better healer than not-cleric but the emphasis seems more to a) not take damage b) deal with adds and c) burn things down as fast as possible?

"Just healing" doesn't seem to be part of it? (I'm only @ 38)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Correct. It's not a cleric like an EQ cleric. At level 40 (might be 50 actually!) you get Astral Shield which was basically the best 'heal' in the game and had a nearly 100% uptime but they nerfed it, due to people complaining non-stop about it being overpowered in PvP, so now it lasts like 5 seconds shorter. And to top it off they didn't really give clerics anything to replace that with since the heals are generally pretty weak. And what makes it worse is there's no easy way to target someone other than moving the cursor over them. Which sucks when you have 4 people, companions, and a bunch of mobs everywhere.

It's more about not taking damage. But a lot of people don't seem to want to move from red circles since they think the cleric will just heal them. Ha!
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

I'm enjoying this game quite a bit. I'm over on Mindflayer with a 60 GWF, and have been playing since late May \ early June or so. The difficulty is nice in the high end dungeons, though it would be nice for some more difficult mechanics and less adds. PVP is awesome. I love when I run into another GWF that is wearing gear as good as mine, or better, and I wreck them just by dodging more of their stuns, and landing mine better. I can wreck just about any TR or CW as well, though a good GF is my worst nightmare. Having reaction time and skill play an important role in who wins a fight is refreshing. You cannot rely on just having better gear (though, that helps of course).

All of that being said, I do not like how they made so many of the profession items come from Zen only. It makes sense that the mithral and steel tools would not drop randomly, as they are the higher level ones, but if they even put a rare chance to get iron tools without Zen that would feel better to me. I dislike systems that put a limit around certain armor\weapons so that they can only be obtained through cash based currency.

Sure, anyone can farm AD and buy them from someone who spent Zen on them, or someone who bought them from someone who did, but I think there should be a way to get those directly from playing. The best crafted items can only be made if you have at least 1 mithral tool, 2 steel, and 1 iron (+104% quality), and that still only gives you a 4% chance.

Then again, I had a bunch of forum gold on JSP to start me off when I hit 60, and these limits are the only reason I'm making tons of AD now that I have a mithral hammer and a bunch of blue quality tools. Working toward 4 mithral tools so I can roll 60% tier 3 quality crafting constantly.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I honestly don't really bother with the dungeons since the bosses are all add-fests. It's just not that fun for me and I don't care about Tier 2 gear. Plus the only time worth doing them is Dungeon Delves and those don't happen as frequently as they should. I mostly log on, do the 4 PvP rounds (times 3 at the moment) for the 4k AD and call it a day.

I finished leveling the TR so started on a GWF. At level 22 now! They are fairly annoying to fight in PvP I usually just run away unless playing my GF. I love knocking them on the ground when they come running to the capture point. Then waiting until they get up.. Then knock them down again. Then if my Daily is up I do the kick through the air one. Even if they end up killing me it is still fun! Still trying to figure out how to play the class (GWF) decently and what powers/feats to go with. Anyway, once I hit level 60 on that I'll probably finish off with CW. Hopefully by then they'll introduce a new class or two!

The profession things are a bit lame. Even when you upgrade the common workers you don't gain an increased speed bonus it stays at 5%. And you can't use them to make a green asset. I finally got Leadership to level 20 took 2 months! I'm doing Plate now. Not sure what to do after that but mainly just want to finish 3 to unlock another crafting slot.

Double AD today (1pm or so) though Monday btw!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Cleaning up on double AD. Luckily I just got Leadership to level 20 and unlocked the 1,600AD mission. I wish I had some blue or purple assets though to cut the time down. Losing out! Even then between 4 characters probably will net about 300,000 which I guess isn't too bad. I was on call this weekend so couldn't really go anywhere.

Soloed Throne of Idris with GF nothing too difficult. I guess that means the wolfy one is next. Not sure I'll be able to handle that but will give it a shot.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Asheran Mojomaster wrote:Sure, anyone can farm AD and buy them from someone who spent Zen on them, or someone who bought them from someone who did, but I think there should be a way to get those directly from playing. The best crafted items can only be made if you have at least 1 mithral tool, 2 steel, and 1 iron (+104% quality), and that still only gives you a 4% chance.

Then again, I had a bunch of forum gold on JSP to start me off when I hit 60, and these limits are the only reason I'm making tons of AD now that I have a mithral hammer and a bunch of blue quality tools. Working toward 4 mithral tools so I can roll 60% tier 3 quality crafting constantly.
With the market currently being flooded with Profession Assests I wanted to pick up some that could make me money. I'm a bit unclear so perhaps you could offer some tips. From what I gather Purple workers aren't really needed to craft Tier 3 items other than for the speed bonus? Is that correct? If so I wont bother with buying any of the Grandmasters (except maybe for Leadership) and will just focus on tools. Is 1 Mithral tool better to have than 3 blues? Not really sure I can afford 4 Mithral! If I did though which is the best Profession to get them for? I would really like to figure it out so that I can also unlock that last Profession slot that's been tauntng me forever. Being able to make some AD in the process would be a nice bonus.

Which makes it even more fun is they are introducing two new Professions shortly. Can't keep up!

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Got a rare drop that I turned in for 50k AD, not too shabby. Wish I knew where it came from :)

Moderately bored, soloing the cleric became work and everyone+dog has a DPS or tank.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I got my cleric to 60 before the AS nerf so it wasn't too bad with the store bought tank companion. I can imagine some quests would be tough for solo players now. For my GWF I've pretty much been taking it easy and after level 30 or so I've just been doing PvP and Foundries along with the invoking which has got me to 55.

Give other classes a try you might like them! As far as solo play goes doesn't really matter what everyone else has.

It's pretty much like any MMO once you do all there is to do. New sorta-expansion (they call it a Module) coming in 3-4 weeks!

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Still enjoying this, except for the other players. Was hoping it would get better when the 14 year olds went back to school but no. Biggest disadvantage to FTP games, not sure what it is that brings out the future sociopaths so strongly, it happened in LoTRO too. Though I suppose they were in WoW also.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I mainly log on to invoke and do leadership profession for AD. I haven't gotten around to do the Module 1 content yet.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I've been doing the Module 1 content. It's not like the initial release where all the zones were available from the beginning as there's now a bit of actual progression required. I've made it to the second area so far and will unlock the third in a few more days. Overall it's not bad but a bit repetitive but that's pretty much no different than any other MMO out there. Not sure I'll bother with all the Boons but we'll see.

As far as making AD/Zen goes definitely having more characters is the way to go. Once you level Leadership to 20, which admittedly take a long time, you can easily make 12k or more a day just by visiting the Gateway with your browser twice a day for 2 minutes. So with multiple characters that starts to add up. I currently have 4 so that's almost 50k AD a day between them. 1.5 million AD a month! I recently bought 4 24 slot bags ($10 each if you buy Zen) at zero real money cost to myself. So if one has a bit of patience it's very possible to not spend any actual money on this game if you choose to although you should toss them a couple bucks once in a while so you're not a total deadbeat.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Bags currently on sale for 750 Zen That's $7.50 in actual money or at the current exchange rate about 260,000 Astral Diamonds.

Of course this comes 2 weeks after I bought 4 bags!

--
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Anyone part of a solid guild? There are so many and a lot of them seem to be full of immature douchebags or full of totally clueless casuals.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I'm not! Let me know if you find one. Would be good for Gauntylgrym if nothing else.

--
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Yeah. Haven't tried Gauntlygrym yet, but need to find a guild to give it a shot! Not sure what the responsibilities of leading would entail, but wouldn't mind starting one with VVers and friends, etc.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Only takes 5 people to start one!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

By the way, it's all one server (shard) now, so should be easier to find people if you're looking.

I picked up 5 more bags while they were on sale. I plan on starting another character or two in the future so those will come in handy for them. New class coming by the end of the year supposedly!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

New Class!
Neverwinter's next module is titled Shadowmantle, and will add a new class, new Paragon paths and a ton of reworks to the free-to-play MMORPG's core mechanics when it launches later this year.

The new class — which, like the rest of the module's content will be free-of-charge — is the Hunter Ranger, a hybrid ranged and melee damage-dealing attacker geared more towards the game's expert players. Playing the Hunter Ranger requires a lot of deft input by the player, but those who excel at the class' fast-paced abilities will find themselves with a hero far more mobile than the game's current five archetypes.
Paragon Paths are just one mechanic that's getting overhauled. Players will manage their Enchantments through a new, far less confusing interface. A player's slotted Companions will bestow different bonuses on their heroes, even when they're not active. Collection-focused players will have access to an in-game catalog showing which epic equipment, companions and other rare items they still need to acquire.

Players will also have access to a new equipment slot for Artifacts — rare items that can level up alongside the player. These items appear in the hotbar, bestowing powerful stat-boosting buffs and granting special abilities. During the demo, one such Artifact could be clicked to blast enemies with a wave of holy light; but Velasquez explained that other artifacts could teleport the player from zone to zone, summon a shopkeeper or serve other non-combat functions.

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

It better have a hybrid penalty, filthy rangers.