Hair Loss

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Hair Loss

Post by Leonaerd »

I'm starting to notice some thinning. I think my American Crew shampoo / conditioner make it worse. I still have a full head of hair, but at this rate I'll probably shave my head within a couple years and avoid that pathetic hair stage. I just wish I could grow a fucking goatee to back it up.

I don't want to put a lot of effort into maintaining what I have. What do you old fucks do?
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Hair Loss

Post by Aabidano »

shave my head within a couple years and avoid that pathetic hair stage
That's my plan. Some folks go bald gracefully, never know.
Somebody wrote:The savings gained by avoiding 50 years of generic rogaine will cost you about what a small used car would, and you'll be old, bald and driving a crappy car.
Dude in front of me at church has the most amazing comb over, the hair on one side of his head has to be 2 feet long, never realized it until he came in on a really windy day. Whole top o his head is completely bald.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I won't be joining you in the hairless club. My grandpa had a full head of hair at 85 and mine is in tip top shape!

Several of my friends have not been so lucky, however. One has the bald spot right on top, another has thin hair and a high forehead, and another shaved his head about 10 years ago because he was already losing it at age 27.

I do have a couple of gray hairs that show up on my goatee from time to time but at 38 I am still quite fortunate. My wife has a shitload more than me, but she has black hair so it is much more noticeable than any I ever get. One of my balding friends that I referenced above is at least 50/50 gray hair and we're the same age!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Use your mustache hair to replace it.

just don't resort to the combover
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I feel like I'm wasting my good hair genes! At 44, I show no signs of having any hair loss issues any time soon - my hair is crazy thick, and my hairline hasn't budged since I was a baby. Even so, I keep an almost bald look anyway. When I say crazy thick, I mean it's annoyingly so and it's a constant hassle to keep it looking tidy. I gave up and just started buzzing that shit off, and keep it trimmed either to the skin or to about 1/16th of an inch. I wear a full beard, rather than a goatee because I don't like that look. I keep that trimmed between 1/2" and 3/4" usually.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I Caesar comb forward...not annoyingly so, I keep my hair short, and its clear i'm balding :) The sad part is the thinning that is now occuring. I will be shaving soon.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Zero hair loss issues in my family. I still buzz my head in the summer cause, fuck it - it'll grow back anyway! Hahahaha.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Same here as far as having my hair still. I'm 46 and my hair is hanging in there. There was a time in college I let my hair grow down my back but then I put it in a pony tail, had it chopped off, and sacrificed it to the fire gods at a summer party bon fire. That was kind of gross.

I normally wear my hair very short, as if I were still in the military. I can't see myself having it any other way now. If I do start losing my hair I'll just spray paint some hair on. yeah that's it.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

and sacrificed it to the fire gods at a summer party bon fire. That was kind of gross.
:lol:
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

No serious hair loss yet.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

I feel for people losing their hair. A friend of mine started balding when he was 14 years old. It was painful to watch.

But, just do like he did, and it will work out. He just shaved it, and embraced his shiny head.

I'm very happy to have great genetics for hair. On my mother's side, no one goes bald before their late 60s at the earliest, if they ever go bald (maybe 25% of the men bald in their late 60s - early 80s). Then on my father's side, no one goes bald, or even grey for the most part. I have a great uncle in his 60s with a full head of black hair. My great grandmother died at 83 without a single grey hair. All jet black. Of course, grey is common on my mother's side, so we will see how that part goes.