Oblivion

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Oblivion

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Saw it this weekend. I liked it. It wasn't over the top imho though I did keep wanting to see a bit more action. I think it was a story well told. I won't say more until more people have seen it. I'd give it a grade of B+ overall.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Oblivion

Post by Winnow »

Bubba Grizz wrote:Saw it this weekend. I liked it. It wasn't over the top imho though I did keep wanting to see a bit more action. I think it was a story well told. I won't say more until more people have seen it. I'd give it a grade of B+ overall.
I don't think Minority Report is in jeopardy of being uncrowned as Tom Cruise's best science fiction movie with Oblivion.

#1 thing it lacked for me was buy-in for the characters. I didn't end up caring for any of them.

#2 thing that bothered me was the enemy being little round metal balls. That immediately takes away the chance for an excellent villain.

I wanted to like it but I'd rank it a very average movie and only noteworthy due to the SciFi angle. I can't seem to stomach Tom Cruise movies anymore. I think I'm sick of his face.

It had Morgan Freeman. Where's the, "get busy living or get busy dying" lines? Also, was that a Lannister I spotted in the movie as well?

On the plus side. The female lead was pretty hot (not the "effective team" lady, the other one)