EVE Online?

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: EVE Online?

Post by Leonaerd »

Why don't you learn how to play an instrument?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Leonaerd wrote:Why don't you learn how to play an instrument?
I completed that objective when I was around 10 years old chief! Didn't your parents force you to play the piano as well?
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

You're just a passionate person. Could probably write good music and make a long thread about it. Then I would actually read it.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Massive battle in EVE: Online after a player flying one of the biggest ships in the game (Titan class) accidentally hits the wrong button.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/28/eve-o ... 0&ns_fee=0

The link also has the game video of the battle. Over 3000 players were involved with it in the end. The equivalent of around $22,000 (So far) was "lost" in the battle.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:Massive battle in EVE: Online after a player flying one of the biggest ships in the game (Titan class) accidentally hits the wrong button.

The link also has the game video of the battle. Over 3000 players were involved with it in the end. The equivalent of around $22,000 (So far) was "lost" in the battle.

Holy crap! 700 Billion ISK. Those capital class ships are huge. What a massive display of mega ships. CCP has to love this. There will be much PLEX buying after that battle. The total ammo alone had to cost a bundle for that fight.

Listening to the early part is great before the music kicks in.

Glad GoonSwarm side lost! Those people are cocky on the boards.

Here's the CFC's (losing side) account of it:

http://themittani.com/news/asakai-after ... obalt-moon

Most of those ships (with all the support skills) take year(s) to skill up to. I can't wait to get my Tengu skills in another 2 weeks. I need some missile training still (need to max Heavy and Assault Missiles) It's going to take me another few weeks to max the Tengu Subsystems after I get Caldari Cruisers V out of the way.

Here's a Tengu skill plan for someone starting out: (not the correct training order)
[Show]
Caldari Electronic Systems I
Caldari Engineering Systems I
Missile Launcher Operation I
Caldari Propulsion Systems I
Shield Upgrades I
Shield Compensation I
Missile Bombardment I
Caldari Frigate I
Target Painting I
Frequency Modulation I
Long Distance Jamming I
Caldari Electronic Systems II
Caldari Engineering Systems II
Missile Launcher Operation II
Target Navigation Prediction I
Rapid Launch I
Standard Missiles I
Caldari Propulsion Systems II
Shield Upgrades II
Shield Compensation II
Missile Bombardment II
Target Navigation Prediction II
Rapid Launch II
Standard Missiles II
Caldari Frigate II
Target Painting II
Frequency Modulation II
Long Distance Jamming II
Caldari Electronic Systems III
Caldari Engineering Systems III
Missile Launcher Operation III
Missile Projection I
Missile Projection II
Caldari Propulsion Systems III
Shield Upgrades III
Shield Compensation III
Missile Bombardment III
Target Navigation Prediction III
Rapid Launch III
Standard Missiles III
Heavy Assault Missiles I
Heavy Assault Missiles II
Caldari Frigate III
Target Painting III
Frequency Modulation III
Heavy Assault Missiles III
Long Distance Jamming III
Caldari Electronic Systems IV
Caldari Engineering Systems IV
Missile Launcher Operation IV
Caldari Propulsion Systems IV
Shield Upgrades IV
Missile Bombardment IV
Target Navigation Prediction IV
Rapid Launch IV
Caldari Frigate IV
Caldari Cruiser I
Caldari Cruiser II
Caldari Cruiser III
Target Painting IV
Signature Focusing I
Signature Focusing II
Signature Focusing III
Frequency Modulation IV
Heavy Assault Missiles IV
Long Distance Jamming IV
Shield Operation V
Caldari Defensive Systems I
Caldari Defensive Systems II
Caldari Defensive Systems III
Caldari Defensive Systems IV
Signature Focusing IV
Caldari Cruiser IV
Caldari Defensive Systems V
Caldari Electronic Systems V
Caldari Engineering Systems V
Missile Launcher Operation V
Caldari Offensive Systems I
Caldari Offensive Systems II
Caldari Offensive Systems III
Caldari Offensive Systems IV
Caldari Offensive Systems V
Caldari Propulsion Systems V
Heavy Assault Missiles V
Heavy Assault Missile Specialization I
Caldari Cruiser V
Caldari Strategic Cruiser I
Caldari Strategic Cruiser II
Caldari Strategic Cruiser III
Caldari Strategic Cruiser IV
Caldari Strategic Cruiser V
I'm working toward this build to start with for level 4 missions. It's a solid, "relatively" inexpensive build until I figure out wtf I'm doing.

I finished fitting my CovertOps ship (Caldari Buzzard) so can explore low, null and wormholes a bit in stealth mode with no movement penalties. I used this build so I can mess around with codebreaking/hacking and archeology.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Here is how close the two commands are for the misclick that started it all:

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Things to do in EVE: (large image)

http://tagn.files.wordpress.com/2012/07 ... -to-do.jpg
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Makes more sense with Dwarf Fortress as the tough game.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If anyone is a masochist and decides to try EVE out, PM and I'll give you an invite link (gives you 21 day free trial instead of 14) Any Active account can give out the 21 day invites.

edit:

nm, the link works for as many as want to use it:

https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?inv ... tion=buddy

General tips:

Read the forums: (specifically the skills forum as that will be the most confusing to begin with figuring out what to train)

https://forums.eveonline.com/

Add the Help Channel (pick your language of choice if you're not from one of the more recent world dominating English speaking countries) as soon as you log into the game. The help channel is actually helpful for the most part and not full of spam.

Before you start, read up on the races. I chose Caldari after a a couple days research. Each race's ships have some advantages/disadvantages. You can actually fly any ship you want if you take the time to train up in another race's skill trees but that will take while for the higher level ships so it's kinda important to at least have an idea about what you want to do before you start. I suppose if you wanted to you can pick any race you want and then just immediately start training in another races ship skills.

Caldari is the fashionable choice with some nice missile based ships and bonuses, and Amarr seems to be at the bottom of the ship balancing end at the moment but things change and ship re balances take place every year (battle cruisers are up next and then I think the Capital ships) They just redid frigates which makes the newbie frigate much better for everyone. Minmatar and Gallente are somewhere in between. The rest of the selection process doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things (choosing your background, etc). If any initial skills change, it's a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of skills you'll be training if you stick with the game.

Here's a good general resource for the races, etc: Again, all that really matters are the ships of which you need to train in a particular race skills for (but you can be any race you want, no penalties, only thing that affects skill training speed are attributes and implants which have nothing to do with race)

http://community.eveonline.com/background/

Take some time on your avatar. While you mostly will only be seeing a picture of your avatar, the avatar creation is the best of any game out there and you will never be able to change your characters facial structure or gender. You can retake portrait shots and change hair/tats/make up/clothes/accessories (pretty much just glasses)

If it turns out you like the game. Be sure to get EveMON for your PC which makes skill planning/attribute/Ship Fitting, etc much much easier to manage:

http://evemon.battleclinic.com/

Also, as I linked above, Neocom is freaking awesome for anyone with iPad or iPhone (iOS device)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/neocom/id418895101?mt=8

For EveMON and Neocom you'll need to use APIs to link your EVE account to those apps so they can monitor all of your pilot's stats. The instructions are included or easy to find.

Don't respec (re-balance) your attributes until you really know what you're doing as you can only do it once a year and it has a big impact on how fast you train certain skill sets...example: Perception/Willpower are primary/secondary traits for training ships and missiles while Intelligence/Memory are more for support/science/drones, etc. Charisma is the least used attribute. All of your attributes are balanced evenly when you start which isn't a bad thing since you need to learn a lot of various skills when starting out.

Also, when you can afford it, definitely train Cybernetics to at least level III and get some +3 Implants to boost your main attributes to speed up your skill training (about 50 million for a set (but less if you don't buy Charisma which really there's no need...but don't forget if you die ...meaning your ship blows up and your escape pod also gets destroyed, you lose your implants and need to buy them again so maybe make at least one jump clone to use when you're doing risky things. jump clones are clones of your pilot that you can switch to once every 24 hours. each clone can have their own set of implants so you can buy expensive implants and only use them when it's safe if you wanted to...but also your clones are left at whatever station you are at when you jump and the universe is HUGE)

If you find yourself low on ISK (money), selling one 19.95 PLEX in-game (worth 30 days subscription which you can pay 14.95 for outside of the game) on the open market in the game will get you about 525-560 Million ISK which is a fortune for a newbie and you'll have enough money to buy/fit, etc many ships/but skills, etc while you learn the game. You can easily do the tutorial/storyline missions and get free ships, equipment, ISK, skills, etc so either way works. If you do decide to buy a PLEX and sell it, note that there is a tax when you sell things and your newbie character won't have enough ISK to be able to put the PLEX up for sale in the market...I had to sell some implant/random items that were a christmas gift from CCP to its players in order to have enough ISK to sell my PLEX in order to get more ISK. That's a very temporary thing and you'll have enough within a few days if you just do the tutorials. Don't get hung up on ISK, stick to the tutorials because there's a lot to learn before you'll know enough or be trained in something that requires ISK anyway.

Welcome to spreadsheets in space! You won't have a fucking clue what's going on. It's great! It's even better than being a newbie human lost at night in West Karana!
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Well I am up and running as of last night. I really like the look of it overall. I did some basic reading beforehand and watched a few ‘getting started’ youtube clips and now I am running a lot of the training missions. To be honest, it is nowhere near as confusing as people make it out to be. Maybe they changed the interface recently because I found everything pretty easy to find. And it has a ‘when in doubt, right click it’ philosophy, which works on just about everything I’ve come across so far.
It is nowhere near as confusing as Anarchy Online in my opinion. Obviously learning the strengths and weaknesses of weapons and tactics etc. is part of learning curve, but I find that type of research genuinely interesting.
I feel like a true newb in the game, but a lot of the info to pick up on flows from, both, the game, as well as the chat channels.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Chidoro wrote:To be honest, it is nowhere near as confusing as people make it out to be. Maybe they changed the interface recently because I found everything pretty easy to find.

They did do a lot over the past few years to improve the "tutorial/intro missions".

I like the UI myself. The learning curve comes when trying to figure out your skill paths, ship fittings, etc as you progress but you'll find lots of help on the forums and help/chat channels.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Oh "hay"

Also, for those interested in reading more about EVE and those that are starting out, download this EVE PDF Guide that is free, well illustrated, and helpful.

It's 400+ pages packed full of info:

http://www.isktheguide.com/#dwnl

After you check out that, then check out the ISK Strategy Guide:

Eve ISK Strategy Guide

Which is more of a guide for making ISK in Mining, Mission Running, Manufacturing, Fighting Incursions, and in the Market

Those should help quite a bit starting out.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

I am getting surprised quite a bit by this game. I tried to get to a .4 trading hub because the skill templates were much cheaper there. And son of a bitch if there wasn't someone pounding my ship just trying to get in there. Just amazes me that someone logs in to just sit in wait but there it is. My destroyer (previously my best ship) is gone. Oh well, at least I got my pod into a dock so that I wasn't ransomed or some nonsense.
I'm already finding skills I can't train as a trial account so I'll probably up pretty soon, we'll see.
Btw, I am a Gallente, name is Chidoro. I'm running the Sisters missions now so I hope to get some new equip soon.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Chidoro wrote:I am getting surprised quite a bit by this game. I tried to get to a .4 trading hub because the skill templates were much cheaper there. And son of a bitch if there wasn't someone pounding my ship just trying to get in there. Just amazes me that someone logs in to just sit in wait but there it is. My destroyer (previously my best ship) is gone. Oh well, at least I got my pod into a dock so that I wasn't ransomed or some nonsense.
I'm already finding skills I can't train as a trial account so I'll probably up pretty soon, we'll see.
Btw, I am a Gallente, name is Chidoro. I'm running the Sisters missions now so I hope to get some new equip soon.

One recommendation, don't ever use autopilot while traveling anywhere but Hisec, and prob ably not even there. As soon as you warp out of a gate, just right click and select warp to within 0 meters of your next destination and then you can insta warp or use gate/dock to next destination. It saves a ton of travel time and also avoids ganks on that long 15km (or however long it is) travel time from autopilot end warp to next gate. Your next gate is always highlighted in yellow as long as you set your waypoint/destination.

One more week until I can use a T3 Tengu Cruiser! Actually about 3 weeks as I need to train some other skills in order to properly fit the ship with some heavy scourge missiles but I should be able to at least run some missions with lower tech missiles while I wait.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Interesting and thanks, just tracking the yellows and warping to 0 makes a huge difference than plopping you 20km out like autopilot does. It is stated that you shouldn’t use autopilot because it is slower but I never really understood why until I tried that tip last night.
Still haven’t replaced the ship yet as I am still spending most of my money on training. I can train in cruisers but the skill will take all of my current cash. I haven’t even broke 2 mil isk yet.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Chidoro wrote:Interesting and thanks, just tracking the yellows and warping to 0 makes a huge difference than plopping you 20km out like autopilot does. It is stated that you shouldn’t use autopilot because it is slower but I never really understood why until I tried that tip last night.
Still haven’t replaced the ship yet as I am still spending most of my money on training. I can train in cruisers but the skill will take all of my current cash. I haven’t even broke 2 mil isk yet.
No need to train too high in ship class right away unless you have a plan and know if you want to pursue combat or mining type ships, etc. The particular cruiser I'm training for is a Tech 3 class ship so it would take like 5-6 months to get the skills but there are Tech 1 and 2 cruiser (and other classes) I can already pilot a battleship but bigger isn't necessarily better.

I'd work on the core skills after finding a ship you're comfortable with. A well fitted destroyer should be able to do well on lower level missions runs.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I only use autopilot when going a couple hops in high-sec space if I need to step away. It's very rare. I've found that you can usually just choose the 'Jump' option when flying to a gate. It drops you out of warp AT the gate, and you jump right after you drop.

I still have two accounts going right now. I am developing one for mining and building. The other is mainly using an Amarr Battlecruiser (Harbinger) paired up with my corp-mate's Caldari Battleship (Raven). I start with the smaller targets and work my way up as he does the opposite. It works better than when we were both using battleships. I actually lost an Amarr battleship (Apocalypse) in one mission where the two of us just couldn't handle all of the smaller ships.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Quite a bit of info as to how the upcoming changes to ship skills will work this Summer.

http://community.eveonline.com/devblog. ... nbid=74234
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

That's what's left to get me in a T3 Tengu Strategic Cruiser and also have the skills to properly fit it.

I can get by without the Heavy Missiles IV and V Training by using generic heavy missiles so I have about 5 days or so of training left before I can take out a new Tengu on its maiden voyage. I'll eventually use Scourge Fury Heavy Missiles and Scourge Precision Heavy Missiles (to take out the frigates), probably 3 heavy missile launchers dedicated to each type.

Nasty long 17+ day wait for the Caldari Cruiser V skill is almost over. You can see the big difference tweaking your Attributes makes in the SP/Hour (skill points per hour) Column. Caldari Cruiser V would have taken about 24 Days without pumping the points into Perception/Willpower.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Boogahz wrote:Massive battle in EVE: Online after a player flying one of the biggest ships in the game (Titan class) accidentally hits the wrong button.

Goddamn, even a 3000 person space battle is boring as fucking shit. That video was sped up too. Most people had 3 FPS or some shit while that was happening, and it took hours. It's impressive in it's own way though. My brother would have loved it. He was an EVE fanatic. When he passed away, his Facebook had several EVE friends saying goodbye to him.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Goddamn, even a 3000 person space battle is boring as fucking shit. That video was sped up too
Even large WoW raids look boring as shit. All that really matters is if the people involved are having fun.

EVE, to me, is the perfect secondary game. You can sit back and play the stats game, which I enjoy, and when you feel like it, jump in and be more active. It was never meant to be a joystick action game.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Winnow wrote:Image

That's what's left to get me in a T3 Tengu Strategic Cruiser and also have the skills to properly fit it.

I can get by without the Heavy Missiles IV and V Training by using generic heavy missiles so I have about 5 days or so of training left before I can take out a new Tengu on its maiden voyage. I'll eventually use Scourge Fury Heavy Missiles and Scourge Precision Heavy Missiles (to take out the frigates), probably 3 heavy missile launchers dedicated to each type.

Nasty long 17+ day wait for the Caldari Cruiser V skill is almost over. You can see the big difference tweaking your Attributes makes in the SP/Hour (skill points per hour) Column. Caldari Cruiser V would have taken about 24 Days without pumping the points into Perception/Willpower.
I haven't really planned too much in the way level V skills. I know I'll be picking up Drone V though once my training in Hull IV is done in about 40 hours. I'll be fitting a Vexor and load it with drones like a good gallente does once I get Drone V. Until then, I am chugging along in my destroyer finishing up the sisters arc.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Chidoro wrote:
I haven't really planned too much in the way level V skills. I know I'll be picking up Drone V though once my training in Hull IV is done in about 40 hours. I'll be fitting a Vexor and load it with drones like a good gallente does once I get Drone V. Until then, I am chugging along in my destroyer finishing up the sisters arc.

I'm having fun in my new Tengu ship although I'm still waiting until later today to be able to put the finishing touches on the fitting. I really like the self pacing of this game and stat management.

You can change your hair, pose, tats, skin tone, and clothes any time you want.

I just made a new portrait trying to give off that, "hey, I'm not a pirate, friendly don't shoot me" look.

Good place to check out EVE Portraits for ideas:

http://eveportraits.com/
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Heavy missiles took it in the ass last patch. All the stubborn Tenguboys in the swarm have moved to Heavy Assault Missiles, but honestly, there are so many better ships for ratting now, unless you simply MUST have the ability to pick and choose your damage type on the fly.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

masteen wrote:Heavy missiles took it in the ass last patch. All the stubborn Tenguboys in the swarm have moved to Heavy Assault Missiles, but honestly, there are so many better ships for ratting now, unless you simply MUST have the ability to pick and choose your damage type on the fly.
I read up on the missile changes before deciding to skill train for a Tengu. Turns out the Heavy Missiles really didn't take it in the ass that much. Mostly it comes down to just a shorter range for them when all the tweaks were considered as a whole.

There was a lot of chatter about HAMs but there are drawbacks to those as well. I'm fine with the Tengu with its versatility do do all level 4 missions without worrying about damage types, etc.

I'm thinking about fitting a Golem as well so I can salvage during the first pass through of a mission without having to clean up. I'm not really too concerned about ISK though, at least right now so maybe that's not a big deal to do.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Ah missions. I think the Tengu is still king of those sort of things. One of the benefits of holding nullsec is having a fixed flavor of valuable rat means never having to do missions.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

masteen wrote:Ah missions. I think the Tengu is still king of those sort of things. One of the benefits of holding nullsec is having a fixed flavor of valuable rat means never having to do missions.
Yeah, I'm nowhere near being ready to head into nullsec. I need to practice up and get used to everything doing missions for awhile.

BTW, I picked up a another Pilot that has 30M very focused SP (10M in Missile skills alone) and is like 3 skill training days away from being able to fly Carriers. That Pilot has a small 200,000 ISK bounty. I don't mind but I heard the easiest way to get rid of a bounty is to have someone kill you while you're in a ship worth about 5X the bounty and that will take care of it. If I split off one of my Pilots to a new account, which I probably will so I can continue training SPs, I guess I can do the deed myself but otherwise I may see if someone here can destroy one of my ships!

I'm mostly going to be screwing around doing some faction work while I learn more.

I'm training V in Destroyers right now (training at 2610 SP/hour) with 31 Perception/25 Willpower. The character already has V in Battlecruisers and Battleships, also has IV in all frigates and a few III's in Race Cruisers so I'll be ready to take advantage when CCP does the skill retooling and will have Level V in all or almost all race Cruisers and Battlecruisers.

Here are the missile skills so far:

Code: Select all

Cruise Missile Specialization / Rank 8 / Level: 4 / SP: 362,039 of 2,048,000 	Level 4
  	Cruise Missiles / Rank 5 / Level: 5 / SP: 1,280,000 of 1,280,000 	Level 5
  	Guided Missile Precision / Rank 5 / Level: 5 / SP: 1,280,000 of 1,280,000 	Level 5
  	Heavy Missile Specialization / Rank 5 / Level: 4 / SP: 226,275 of 1,280,000 	Level 4
  	Heavy Missiles / Rank 3 / Level: 5 / SP: 768,000 of 768,000 	Level 5
  	Light Missiles / Rank 2 / Level: 3 / SP: 16,000 of 90,510 	Level 3
  	Missile Bombardment / Rank 2 / Level: 5 / SP: 512,000 of 512,000 	Level 5
  	Missile Launcher Operation / Rank 1 / Level: 5 / SP: 256,000 of 256,000 	Level 5
  	Missile Projection / Rank 4 / Level: 5 / SP: 1,024,000 of 1,024,000 	Level 5
  	Rapid Launch / Rank 2 / Level: 5 / SP: 512,000 of 512,000 	Level 5
  	Rockets / Rank 1 / Level: 1 / SP: 250 of 1,414 	Level 1
  	Target Navigation Prediction / Rank 2 / Level: 5 / SP: 512,000 of 512,000 	Level 5
  	Torpedo Specialization / Rank 8 / Level: 4 / SP: 362,039 of 2,048,000 	Level 4
  	Torpedoes / Rank 4 / Level: 5 / SP: 1,024,000 of 1,024,000 	Level 5
  	Warhead Upgrades / Rank 5 / Level: 5 / SP: 1,280,000 of 1,280,000 Level 5
Pretty good shape except for HAMs

edit: hmm, I care about making ISK again. Capital Ships and Caldari Cruiser are 360 M and 450 M ISK just to inject the skills. Ouch. I've got 3B ISK in the bank but that's still a bunch just for skills. I imagine fitting something like a carrier would be a billion as well. (not that I plan on flying a carrier for any reason right now)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Aren't there also restrictions for cap ships when it comes to what security levels you can take them in? Or, is that just for specific ship-types?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:Aren't there also restrictions for cap ships when it comes to what security levels you can take them in? Or, is that just for specific ship-types?
Yes, I think so. There's even restrictions for some non capital ships on some missions. That's why I like Tengu as well since it's classified as a Cruiser (although I'm not sure if it's a big deal or not)

BTW Chidoro, thanks for using my referral link. I got a PLEX out of it for you upgrading your trial. That's about half a billion ISK.

I'm assuming it was you : ) Confirm and I'll send your char 100M ISK as a thanks and to help get you going : )

Here's the referral link for a 21 day trial if anyone else wants an extra week to try the game for free. I'll send anyone 100M ISK if you ever upgrade. 1 PLEX is actually a pretty nice referral reward.

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Well I got rid of my bounty! I put about 1M ISK worth of overpriced crap looted from missions I had laying around into a shuttle and set a course for nullsec. Someone finally took me out in a -0.4 system.

Bounty gone and got a free insta port back to my Clone in Jita then jumped to my clone in the next system over that had my implants. You need to lose 5X the bounty to clear it. Mine was 200K ISK which is really nothing.

Whats cool about EVE is the kill reports. For my little shuttle, three people inflicted damage on me. It shows the percentage of damage from each pilot and who got the kill shot. I received 5K ISK back in ship insurance (that's the default amount for a little 28K shuttle) I can see all the Pilot names, the ships they used, and the type of weapon that got the kill shot on me. It also shows what was in my cargo bay. All of your kill/killed logs are kept.

EVE = stats out the wazoo.

---

Been doing L3/L4 missions and I end up with craploads of wrecks to loot. I'm still getting used to the Golem over the Tengu. Golem is a little more work, having to use the target painters with the torpedoes. and drones to take out frigates, but being able to sit on my average sized ass and tractor beam ships within 50km to me for looting is so much easier/less time consuming than moving ship to ship, and I'm not really liking the idea of bringing back another ship dedicated for looting after the mission...my question to anyone that's played awhile...is salvaging worth it? Seems like more trouble than it's worth so far. I have 4 Torpedo Launchers, 2 Tractor Beams and 1 Salvager in my Golem High Slots. It takes me at least twice as long to loot/salvage stuff as it does to blow the crap out of it during the actual combat. The ISK seems decent for cargo stuff but so far the work involved for salvaging seems like maybe not worth the time, and instead I should just run another mission/cargo loot. I'm thinking maybe I should just put a third tractor beam to hasten looting and forget salvaging. Just not sure If there's some high value salvaged items that turn up from time to time or not.

Managing all the crap you get from looted cargo holds is quite a task as well. Someone suggested moving from mission station to mission station in an Orca with a Tengu in its bay along with a dedicated salvage ship also in the Orca's bay. You'd then run your missions and store all of the crap in the Orca's huge bay in Cargo Containers, and then once a month head to Jita to sell/reprocess, etc all of it.

Another nice thing about EVE is that you can repackage ships and sell them. If it turns out I don't like my 2.5B fitted Golem, I can sell it for about what I paid if patient, or a little less with a market sell order. Of course, that's if I don't lose it. I wasn't paying attention on a mission and I took some armor damage which only happens from being lazy and forgetting to activate various active shields/boosters etc. Usually the shields barely are touched, especially when I crank up the 312hp/sec boostser.

Still debating between the Tengu and the Golem. Tengu is only about 500M fitted awhile the Golem is 2.5B. I could lose 5 Tengus for the same cost as losing 1 Golem. I think I'd tend to be a little more adventuresome in the Tengu. I'll probably find uses for both of them.

I'm also kind of going back and forth on afterburner/micro warp drive. I currently have a MWD. The speed boost is nice but I tend to forget about it and then my capacitor runs out.

Here's a video of a Golem on a mission. The video runs at about 150% speed:

http://youtu.be/dHc4xRCOn-k

With Torpedos, you want to get everything within ~50km and then you pretty much just sit on your ass and tank the damage while you lob torpedos. With the Tengu, you tend to pick a target and orbit it from a long distance (still in range of your missiles) and then go to work on taking out targets. This guy manages to salvage while fighting. I'm not comfortable with that.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Winnow wrote:
Boogahz wrote:Aren't there also restrictions for cap ships when it comes to what security levels you can take them in? Or, is that just for specific ship-types?
Yes, I think so. There's even restrictions for some non capital ships on some missions. That's why I like Tengu as well since it's classified as a Cruiser (although I'm not sure if it's a big deal or not)

BTW Chidoro, thanks for using my referral link. I got a PLEX out of it for you upgrading your trial. That's about half a billion ISK.

I'm assuming it was you : ) Confirm and I'll send your char 100M ISK as a thanks and to help get you going : )

Here's the referral link for a 21 day trial if anyone else wants an extra week to try the game for free. I'll send anyone 100M ISK if you ever upgrade. 1 PLEX is actually a pretty nice referral reward.

It was me, I subbed on the 12th I believe. It was nice that they added my sub time after the free trial time. I didn't expect that.
The isk will definitely help so thank you for offering to do that. I buy and sell in Hek. Fairly large trading there and the money will help me get the +3 stat enhancers (only using +1's at the moment). Faction ammo is always fun to load up from time to time but it's too expensive to make it regularly used.

It's interesting to read your in-game ship stuff. Only a couple of Gallente ships have missle turrets so they are always insteresting to read about. I either fight with rails at a distance or make tight orbits under 1k with neuts firing. I use MWD's for the former style and use afterburners for the latter style. MWD's are great but I usually can't afford the capacitor space it eats up just fitting it, let alone using it. And the 500% signature increase is painful unless I'm kiting.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Chidoro wrote: It was me, I subbed on the 12th I believe. It was nice that they added my sub time after the free trial time. I didn't expect that.
The isk will definitely help so thank you for offering to do that. I buy and sell in Hek. Fairly large trading there and the money will help me get the +3 stat enhancers (only using +1's at the moment). Faction ammo is always fun to load up from time to time but it's too expensive to make it regularly used.
ISK Sent! (it's coming from Jack, that's the mining character I originally picked up before getting the focused missile pilot)

Getting +3 implants will help a lot and the extra ISK should allow you to move up into some new ships without too much financial pain or let you experiment with some things.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

When you're rolling with a group, having a dedicated salvage ship is good either on grid with you in a noxcis (dedicated salvager with sick salvaging bonuses), or even a basic destroyer (8 high slots = 4 tractors and 4 salvagers yo!) if you can keep him safe, or he comes in behind as you clear out pockets. There's even salvaging drones now.

If you're just missioning for isk/standing and don't really care about it - you can just reprocess it all and dump the minerals. Or you can maximize your return and pore over meta levels and checking market prices (sometimes meta 0 items are worth more than meta 3-4 just because they reprocess for more and the module isn't used that much). Short term, it kinda sucks, long term it's nice as you will be able to start spotting the better meta 3+ items - Arbalest missile launcher, Scout cannons, etc

Also the salvaged materials themselves are always good for selling/making your own rigs for your ships. BPC's are usually inexpensive, and any missioner should have tons of most salvage.

I ended up reactivating my accounts after ~1 year hiatus - it amazes me how much has been added in the relatively short period of time I was gone - any vets who are recently coming back, I recommend turning on 'show all skills I can train' to see what new stuff you qualify for. New nanite effectiveness skill, salvaging drones, some new planetary interaction stuff, and so forth.

Also - with the upcoming destroyer/BC changes - get all races frig/cruiser to 4 i believe (maybe frig 4 cruiser 3) and your destroyer/battlecruiser skill to 5. When the skill refunds come in, for every race that you can fly their destroyer/battlecruisers, they will give you that many skill points in return. I.e. if the refund will be ~1.5M skill points for having 1 race able to fly destroyers/BC's, you will get a total of 6M skill points if you have all 4 races eligible. (Roughly 1.5m for destroyer/bc 5)
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

pyrella wrote: Also - with the upcoming destroyer/BC changes - get all races frig/cruiser to 4 i believe (maybe frig 4 cruiser 3) and your destroyer/battlecruiser skill to 5. When the skill refunds come in, for every race that you can fly their destroyer/battlecruisers, they will give you that many skill points in return. I.e. if the refund will be ~1.5M skill points for having 1 race able to fly destroyers/BC's, you will get a total of 6M skill points if you have all 4 races eligible. (Roughly 1.5m for destroyer/bc 5)
Almost done! So far I have...(you only need III for cruisers but need IV on Frigs to get to the cruiser skills)

Battlecruiser V
Caldari Cruiser V
Minmatar Cruiser III

Destroyers V <---- current skill working, finishes in 2 days
Caldari Frig V
Minmatar Frig IV
Amarr Frig IV

So I need:

Gallente Cruiser IV
Gallente Cruiser III
Amarr Cruiser III

I'm going to finish those three up before moving on to other skills. Shouldn't take too long. It's well worth the ~5-6 Million Skill points you'll get for doing it when the time comes just in case you decide to try out other race ships.

I wasn't going to level the Gallente but I've been reading up on the Machariel BS which requires Minmatar and Gallente Battleship skills. It looks like a beast if you have the weapon skills. With my Pilot's uber Missile skills, it would be hard to switch to new weapon sets and be as effective for quite some time.

----

I'll have to look into salvaging drones. I wonder if low maintenance. I'm partial to the Tengu after trying out the Golem for a few days. Just so much less work involved. Longer range and no Target Painting...plus it's faster. I can fly wreck to wreck about as fast as tractoring in the wrecks using the Golem. Much smaller cargo bay though so have to make second trip sometimes even if not salvaging and just looting.

How many SP's does your pilot have Pyrella? I know you've been playing awhile. I'm 3 days from Carrier if I want it but I'd have to queue up a lot of drone skills if I pursued that.

I have the skills to fly a Noctis and may fit one of those if I stick with the Tengu so I can clean up after missions. I have figured out how to manage my mission loot. I made several Station Cargo Holds (folders!) to store different categories of stuff in so now its a lot less messy in Jita.

My alt Pilot has a solid set of industrial skills and can also fly a Tengu but needs some missile and subsystem work. can fly all the mining/freighter stuff so may make a good clean up pilot if I stop being lazy. Already on a separate account (24.95 for 3 months CCP new Alt acct deal)
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

You only need racial Cruiser III + BC V to get the equivalent racial BC V. Same ratio applies for Destroyer.

I'll have my main set with BC V and all racial cruiser III in 2 weeks, and my low SP alt will have Destroyer V and all racial Frigates to III a week after that. I'm leaving my third alt as a bomber specialist, so she's not affected.

I made 300 million isk in 10 minutes last night by selling a Guristas Fleet Staging point to another goon. Love them null-sec escalations.

I am also really happy I started a second account training into carriers when they announced that Capital Ships and racial Carrier skill books were being subsidized. Apparently Goonswarm is so fucking rich that we can afford to not just fully reimburse caps lost on strategic ops, but have actually started giving them away.

http://themittani.com/news/gsf-ceo-upda ... -gone-wild

DasBoot or Bootfleet is what other folks call SlowCats, in case you're wondering. We have a strict "no cats" naming policy.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

My chars have 46/68/79/67M sp's each with 1.5-3M assignable sp from previous refunds (very rarely applied the reimbursements to other skills)

Never went the capital route aside from Rorqual/Jump freighter/etc - if you're in some form of alliance that can support capitals it's probably a ton of fun - but as the solo/small group or corp guy i've been, there's been no need for me to fly a capital.

Can only jump in .4 or lower space - so you will be fair game every time you're undocked - there are a handful of high sec carriers (possibly....there was talk about moving all high sec carriers back to low sec) - but they have strict usage restrictions (no fighting players with them, etc)

There's a corp called Brave Newbies which is basically running around doing crazy things with smaller ships if you want to get a taste of what's going on - but they are creating their own meta game within the sandbox environment.

http://community.eveonline.com/devblog. ... nbid=74260

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

pyrella wrote:My chars have 46/68/79/67M sp's each with 1.5-3M assignable sp from previous refunds (very rarely applied the reimbursements to other skills)
Nice! You could make some serious ISK selling some of those on the EVE Bazaar forum. ~20B each...or just send one over to me! I have room! : )

I'm not going to pursue carriers right now. I just like that I'm close to being able to fly one in case I want to later on. I have no business being in a capital ship right now.

I've decided to perfect my skills flying a Tengu and leave the Golem docked for now. Also will probably Fit a Noctis for the clean up duties.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

pyrella wrote:There's a corp called Brave Newbies which is basically running around doing crazy things with smaller ships if you want to get a taste of what's going on - but they are creating their own meta game within the sandbox environment.

http://community.eveonline.com/devblog. ... nbid=74260
Honestly, the meta is really the only good part of the game aside of the graphics. The physics are shit, the core gameplay is very basic, there's a ton of unnecessary tedium if you're an lone nublet, but mother of God is the sandbox ever wide open.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Winnow wrote:
pyrella wrote:My chars have 46/68/79/67M sp's each with 1.5-3M assignable sp from previous refunds (very rarely applied the reimbursements to other skills)
Nice! You could make some serious ISK selling some of those on the EVE Bazaar forum. ~20B each...or just send one over to me! I have room! : )

I'm not going to pursue carriers right now. I just like that I'm close to being able to fly one in case I want to later on. I have no business being in a capital ship right now.

I've decided to perfect my skills flying a Tengu and leave the Golem docked for now. Also will probably Fit a Noctis for the clean up duties.
Do you play with a bunch of people? I get the impression that carriers are really useful in operationl settings.

As far as I go, the 100 mil goes pretty far at my limited scope (I'm aware that changes drastically). About 40 mil on implants, and about 25 mil on my Vexor and Thorax. Skills just take time and it's easy to just go and stray off of paths just because it's so much quicker to train certain things because of it's rank/current level.
He's up on eveboard http://eveboard.com/pilot/Chidoro_Stormseeker
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

lol, too true

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

One of my unused Alts. rawr! Maybe I'll use him for pvp.
Chidoro wrote: Do you play with a bunch of people? I get the impression that carriers are really useful in operationl settings.

As far as I go, the 100 mil goes pretty far at my limited scope (I'm aware that changes drastically). About 40 mil on implants, and about 25 mil on my Vexor and Thorax. Skills just take time and it's easy to just go and stray off of paths just because it's so much quicker to train certain things because of it's rank/current level.
He's up on eveboard http://eveboard.com/pilot/Chidoro_Stormseeker

Nice. Looks like you're working on all the skill areas to begin with! I'm having fun playing solo right now. I'll figure out what I want, or if I want to join a corp later.

My main character is already set with the skills needed to get V's in all the Battlecruiser and Destroyer skills after the update. My second character has Battlecruiser IV. I've decided to first skill up the destroyer/frigates and then get that Battlecruiser V if there's still time before the update on my second character. I'll need a month since that last V skill takes like 20-22 days even with high Perception/Willpower. I think it's worth the 5-6M skill points you'll get with the update, especially since it allows you to explore the various race ships in the future without the long skill training for each individual race.

My main character has 4 of the 5 caldari subsystems to V. I'm going to continue to work on shields some more.

Has anyone trained up these skills?

EM Shield Compensation
Explosive Shield Compensation
Kinetic Shield Compensation
Thermic Shield Compensation

+5% resist per level. Worth it to get them to level IV for 20% extra shield resists in all areas?

Here's my current shield skills:

Any suggestions on what I should work on first in this area?

My Current ship is called "No Tengu Dinero" clever eh!?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

[Show]
Drones
Image Drone Interfacing
Image Drones
Image Scout Drone Operation
Total Skillpoints in Group: 1,815,559

Electronics
Image Cloaking
Image Electronics
Image Electronics Upgrades
Image Long Range Targeting
Image Signature Analysis
Image Targeting
Total Skillpoints in Group: 1,708,434

Engineering
Image Energy Grid Upgrades
Image Energy Management
Image Energy Systems Operation
Image Engineering
Image Shield Compensation
Image Shield Management
Image Shield Operation
Image Shield Upgrades
Image Tactical Shield Manipulation
Total Skillpoints in Group: 3,600,030

Gunnery
Image Advanced Weapon Upgrades
Image Gunnery
Image Sharpshooter
Image Small Projectile Turret
Image Weapon Upgrades
Total Skillpoints in Group: 2,632,619

Mechanics
Image Hull Upgrades
Image Jury Rigging
Image Mechanics
Total Skillpoints in Group: 462,770

Missile Launcher Operation
Image Cruise Missile Specialization
Image Cruise Missiles
Image Guided Missile Precision
Image Heavy Missile Specialization
Image Heavy Missiles
Image Missile Bombardment
Image Missile Launcher Operation
Image Missile Projection
Image Rapid Launch
Image Target Navigation Prediction
Image Torpedo Specialization
Image Torpedoes
Image Warhead Upgrades
Total Skillpoints in Group: 9,414,603

Navigation
Image Afterburner
Image Evasive Maneuvering
Image Navigation
Image Warp Drive Operation
Total Skillpoints in Group: 697,015

Science
Image Cybernetics
Image Science
Total Skillpoints in Group: 481,515

Social
Image Connections
Image Negotiation
Image Security Connections
Image Social
Total Skillpoints in Group: 186,063

Spaceship Command
Image Advanced Spaceship Command
Image Amarr Cruiser
Image Amarr Frigate
Image Battlecruisers
Image Caldari Battleship
Image Caldari Cruiser
Image Caldari Frigate
Image Caldari Industrial
Image Caldari Strategic Cruiser
Image Destroyers
Image Gallente Cruiser
Image Gallente Frigate
Image Marauders
Image Minmatar Cruiser
Image Minmatar Frigate
Image ORE Industrial
Image Spaceship Command
Total Skillpoints in Group: 8,018,400

Subsystems
Image Caldari Defensive Systems
Image Caldari Electronic Systems
Image Caldari Engineering Systems
Image Caldari Offensive Systems
Image Caldari Propulsion Systems
Total Skillpoints in Group: 937,894
Total Skillpoints: 29,964,567
Total Number of Skills: 117

Skills at Level 3: 24
Skills at Level 4: 23
Skills at Level 5: 40

I just noticed EveMON has a nifty copy BB style function for skills. I spoiler'd posted them here, removing most skills that are less than level IV, since it doesn't take long to train to III, except for Spaceship Command since those III's will be V's after the summer update. It's also interesting to see a visual pie chart breaking down where the bulk of your skill points are. (pie chart is under tools menu in EveMON)

----
Another note:

Besides being an awesome EVE tracking/fitting/stats app, Neocom (free app for iOS devices) alerts you via pop up message on your iPhone/pad when your skill queue falls below 24 hours. Very useful when you're training long ass skills you might forget about over days/weeks. Supports multiple accounts as well for easy buddy/alt management.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Pyrello - My original char - started him off mission running and once I got to 4's I was able to start saving up for...

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Chi_Persei - Picked him up as a Hulk Pilot, he ended up having better mission running skills than py, so he beceame my primary missioner when I wasn't mining and py was clean up bitch

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Saya_Sheridan - What mines faster than a hulk? 2 hulks! she also had a bunch of research skills since I wanted to start doing work with blueprints

http://eveboard.com/pilot/ShiftyEddie - Picked up eddie a little while after Orcas and Rorquals came out - took over the leadership niche that Chi was providing for mining bonuses - just finished getting every leadership skill to 5 (mostly wasted, but the charisma based skills meant I didn't have to log in and change his skill queue out much :P )

Of them all, I'd say Chi is probably my 'primary' character - he's the most well rounded with the ability to mine/mission/build as good as or better than the others, but Saya is my best 'researcher' (which reminds me, once you have some faction built up with NPC corps, make sure you get some agents earning you research points which you can trade in for data cores - if nothing else it's a passive income that you can tap every couple months or whatever) and Eddie is my best 'leader' for when I want to provide some bonuses

A lot of overlap between them however - all can fly tengus and golems (well, eddie needs the marauder skillbook still, but has all pre req skills - but i usually end up putting him in a command ship or a salvager to provide bonuses ) and i can sologroup missions or mining fairly easily.

-Cadalano
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

That's a boatload of skill points on all of those characters Py!

The solid brick wall of V's in leadership skills is impressive on ShiftyEddie.

So many more skills to get! I feel like I have a good base of skills at 30M that are pretty focused on my main character. My minor/tengu pilot is pretty scattered although has decent industrials and is slowly solidifying the Tengu skills.

Crazy time spans involved with EVE. It will take me several years to get to your ~60M+ skill levels and it would have taken me several years to get where I am now if I hadn't picked up a Pilot in the bazaar. It is nice to have at least two pilots to plan skills for.

I think you can have fun at any level, and if you focus, can do well in a year in a focused skills (Tengu/Mining, etc)

EVE is odd in that I'm not sure I have any ambition to go beyond Battleships, and really, after using a Golem for a bit, at least for now, prefer the speedy Tengu. It may be due to my lack of drone skills right now. I seem to lose too many drones on missions in the Golem.

I get absorbed with the forum discussions on the various race ships, and so many opinions. While some ships (like the Tengu) stand out, there really is a wide variety of opinions and preferences as to what people like to fly and do in EVE.

Great game to endlessly ponder and plan. So many fitting options for ships! You could have a 300M Tengu, or a 2.5B Tengu. The balance between capacitor and skills is always a factor as well...squeezing that last thing...just need a slightly better implant or another level in a skill to boost this or that.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I just completed an attribute remap...only one allowed per year! (still have a bonus one available though)

I was max Perception with secondary Willpower.

That setup was best for Space Command and Missile skills. They're all done for now so I went max Intelligence, secondary Memory so I can work on mostly Electronics, Engineering, Mechanics and some Science skills. Need some Navigation skills as well but at least that's Intelligence/Perception so they will still train pretty fast.

Current:

31 Intelligence
21 Perception
17 Charisma
21 Willpower
25 Memory

That's with +4 implants on all but charisma

2610 SP/hour Int/Mem skills

Here's a nice chart of skill groups with Primary/Secondary attributes listed:

http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/skil ... ibutes.php
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

So, I've been doing some L4 missions. I ended up with the Tengu/Noctis combo.

Benefits to the Tengu are that you don't need to switch out ammo types. With the huge kinetic bonuses of the Tengu and with the proper rigors and skills to hit frigates, you can pretty much use Scourge Fury Heavy Missles all the time. Even when you have an EM type enemy as the kinetic bonuses cancel out the benefits of switching to the preferred ammo type for a particular enemy.

On the flip side, when facing EM attacks, you really need to be on your toes at the start of a L4 fight. I had to warp out a couple times on EM intense situations when dropped into a mass of them. Nice thing is that you can go right back and continue and as long as you were able to take out a few targets the first trip, things go ok. Ship Armor repairs are reasonable.

For the most part, my shields remain solid but with the EM attacks, I've had damage halfway through my armor and that's when I bolt as I'm not going to lose a 1B ISK ($40.00) Tengu in a close fight on just a mission. Since it's a T3 ship, I also don't really want to lose a V subsystem skill that takes days to retrain as well if my ship blows. I'm still not a very good pilot but am getting better at selecting the right targets to take out first.

Missions are a little buggy. I had to go buy some Virus Agent that was supposed to drop in a mission but didn't. If I didn't go buy it on the market to complete the mission my faction/standing would have dropped which sucks. Also kinda funny to have an agent pretty much say "thanks dude" after you just wiped out like 100 ships on a mission. Eve throws mass waves at you to make things difficult. It would be nice if there was a way to make a one on one battle more interesting in PvP. It's rare that I actually see the ships I'm killing...just red X's as you don't get close enough and then their wrecks are just a little pile of scrap metal. It's a shame but there's not much that can be done about it considering the distances that you engage the enemy at.

So, I admit, I've been somewhat of a pussy when it comes to close calls. I quit flying my Golem, not because it cost ~$100.00 fitted but because I don't have the drone skills and the Noctis is so damn fast when it comes to salvaging with a cargo hold that I don't have to clean out very often.

One thing I really don't like is flying my ships to a new agent. a 9 jump trip is fucking long...one way would be ok...but here's how it goes:

1. Fly Tengu 9 jumps to new station
2. Buy shuttle, fly shuttle 9 jumps back to old station
3. Fly Noctis 9 jumps to new station

It's a long ass process. The all-in-one Golem is nice for that particular reason but it's not as fun to fly as the Tengu and screw target painting everything and losing or forgetting your drones. There's enough buttons to hit while in combat. I do have an alt account with a pilot that can fly a Noctis but I'm not sure I want to do that.

My current Tengu setup is doing about 700/dps. I did get some +5% implants for Rate of Fire and Heavy Missile Damage.

I'm thinking about concentrating on Wormhole exploration. I don't really care for PvP and don't really care about making boatloads of ISK, although that would make losing high end ships a little more tolerable.

I've found this site indispensable for researching missions:

http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=MissionReports

Great resource.

I'm having no problem finding tons of skills that I want to train.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

besides training up Battlecruisers and Destroyers to V (along with all racial frigates to IV and Cruisers to III) If you ever want to fly command ships, and you have time, you might want to get Command Ships I before the change

Command Ships I requires Battlecruisers V, Warfare Link Specialist IV and Spaceship Command V, Leadership V

The reason to do this is that Command Ships I will require a lot more Charisma/Willpower training which most people don't map for:

After change you'll also need: (I'm not sure what attribute map the times are based off of)

Armored Warfare 5: 11 days
Information Warfare 5: 11 days
Siege Warfare 5: 11 days
Skirmish Warfare 5: 11 days.

I don't plan on flying them but since I already have everything but Warfare link IV and need to get Leadership from III to V, it's worth 10 days to do it to save another ~45 days later.
In case you wonder, the skill reimbursement also includes:

Removal and refund of all Destroyers and Battlecruisers skill books at the NPC order price.
Partial skill training will be properly be saved and duplicated. If you are halfway between Destroyers 3 and 4 when the change hits, your progress will be properly copied to all the racial Destroyer skills you are eligible for.
If, for some odd reason, you have Destroyers and/or Battlecruisers skills, but have no Racial Frigate/Cruiser 3 at all, then the skill points will be moved in the free allocation pool when the old skills are removed.
Skill queues having Destroyer and/or Battlecruiser in-training will be paused at the time of the change. If you expect to be away for a long time when the reimbursement hits, please make sure you don’t train either of these skills.

However, we will not adjust clone level if the refund causes your total skill points to go above your current clone capacity. If you have Destroyer and Battlecruiser 5 trained, you should account for approximately 6.2 additional million skill points, thus we highly suggest you think about upgrading your clone accordingly, especially if you plan on going into hostile or remote space.
My alt is actually pretty close to their clone SP limit so I need to upgrade! Don't forget if you're within 6.5 million sp.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

I doubt I will have time for Command Ships I but it might actually be quite close since I already have Spaceship Command V. Just got into EVE-U this weekend and was given advise on research to do to save a ton of time post change.
The skinny was to get each faction cruiser to III with requires each faction frigate be IV. Then get Destroyers V and Battlecruisers V.

Just figured out that this faction cruiser to III with requires each faction frigate be IV. Then get Destroyers V and Battlecruisers V in addition to Leadership V will take me to May 6th based off of where I am now.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Unless you've got a hard-on to fly Interdictors, you can skip Destroyers completely. Once you can operate a cruiser/BC, there is no reason at all to fly a Dest.

Unless you're spacepoor. :twisted:
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

masteen wrote:Unless you've got a hard-on to fly Interdictors, you can skip Destroyers completely. Once you can operate a cruiser/BC, there is no reason at all to fly a Dest.

Unless you're spacepoor. :twisted:

V in destroyer doesn't take long to get compared to BC V so it doesn't hurt to do it since you're taking frigates to IV anyway to get the cruisers to V...I'd think just in case they introduce a cool new Destroyer class ship in the future, you'd be set for any race ship.

If short on time, maybe skip Destroyers and go for the BC V before the summer update. (still need Frigates IV and Cruiser III in all races)

I've got a little more than 2 more weeks on BC V on my alt. Working on the leadership stuff for command ships on my other char. 5 days left on that.