Yup....but it is a small world after all
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: Sons of Anarchy

Post by Boogahz »

Okay, now I get to chime in with the "my dvr prematurely stopped recording" question. On the "small world" episode, my dvr stopped recording a few minutes over the hour mark with Juice dropping Clay off...assuming at home. What happened there? I've upped the time for this series to record 15 minutes after the "official" stop time now. Thought it was long enough after seeing this happen to Sylvus.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Boogahz wrote:Okay, now I get to chime in with the "my dvr prematurely stopped recording" question. On the "small world" episode, my dvr stopped recording a few minutes over the hour mark with Juice dropping Clay off...assuming at home. What happened there? I've upped the time for this series to record 15 minutes after the "official" stop time now. Thought it was long enough after seeing this happen to Sylvus.
[Show]
Clay paid a visit to the house where the former Nomads were hanging out--one of which had a bandage on his neck. Clay then berated the crew for killing the sheriff's wife, as if it wasn't already obvious Clay was behind the home invasion attacks...
en kærlighed småkager
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Canelek wrote:
Boogahz wrote:Okay, now I get to chime in with the "my dvr prematurely stopped recording" question. On the "small world" episode, my dvr stopped recording a few minutes over the hour mark with Juice dropping Clay off...assuming at home. What happened there? I've upped the time for this series to record 15 minutes after the "official" stop time now. Thought it was long enough after seeing this happen to Sylvus.
[Show]
Clay paid a visit to the house where the former Nomads were hanging out--one of which had a bandage on his neck. Clay then berated the crew for killing the sheriff's wife, as if it wasn't already obvious Clay was behind the home invasion attacks...
[Show]
Thanks, that makes sense. The part that has made me thing it wasn't them was a shot of one having a prosthetic leg in a prior break-in. I couldn't remember if one of them was an amputee.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Boogahz wrote:
Canelek wrote:
[Show]
[Show]
Thanks, that makes sense. The part that has made me thing it wasn't them was a shot of one having a prosthetic leg in a prior break-in. I couldn't remember if one of them was an amputee.
[Show]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Yaeger
That is the Nomad with the prosthetic. I would have actually bet cash that this guy was actually Jason Lee from the brief shots I have seen him on the show.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

[Show]
Oh yeah, I forgot about the leg. And yes, that dude does look like Jason Lee. What happened to the prospect that looked like Dave Grohl? He was the other prospect that was introduced a couple seasons ago along with the big fella with the curly hair.
en kærlighed småkager
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Last weeks episode was entirely retarded. That suicide made absolutely no sense, and was just plain stupid, though the revenge scene was a nice touch.
Fuck Michigan!
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Zamtuk wrote:Last weeks episode was entirely retarded. That suicide made absolutely no sense, and was just plain stupid, though the revenge scene was a nice touch.
She has some kinda mental illness and went off her meds, everything makes sense then..
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Cano, you mean Ratboy? yeah, he's still there. he don't sit at the table....assuming he's still a prospect.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Kluden wrote:Cano, you mean Ratboy? yeah, he's still there. he don't sit at the table....assuming he's still a prospect.
Gotcha thanks! I just call him the dude that looks like Grohl.
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Zamtuk wrote:Last weeks episode was entirely retarded. That suicide made absolutely no sense, and was just plain stupid, though the revenge scene was a nice touch.

Does any suicide really make sense?
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Put that way, the SoA suicide made exactly as much sense as the (admittedly very few) suicides I've been around in my life.

Now it may have been a little contrived...
[Show]
It was probably to keep the conflict between Gemma/Nero/Clay going, as well as give a way for some sort of reconciliation between Gemma and Clay?
I'll agree this last one wasn't the best episode when compared to how humorous last week was, or how sad the week before that one was, but I don't think it was turrible.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

The only problem I really had with the episode was the ending. Anyone that didn't see that coming from miles away hasn't been paying any attention. I don't know why they felt the need to beat the audience over the head with obvious clues (or dead give-aways) during the previous episodes because it made their attempt at a surprise twist into a lame joke.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Sylvus wrote:I'll agree this last one wasn't the best episode when compared to how humorous last week was, or how sad the week before that one was, but I don't think it was turrible.
Walton Goggins is the greatest actor of our generation. FACT.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Zamtuk wrote:
Walton Goggins is the greatest actor of our generation. FACT.
Hahaha, yeah, I thought he was good in the Shield, an order of magnitude better in Justified, but you don't get much more "range" than his scene in SoA.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

All I could say when he walked in the door was "oh, hell no!" That whole scene was destined to be golden
[Show]
from http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/10/09/sons- ... s-van-dam/
WALTON GOGGINS: Kurt, at one point, had done an interview with somebody and said the only two people who I could never have on the show are [Michael] Chiklis and Goggins, because of how closely relatable they are to their characters on The Shield. It would be very hard for our audience to accept them as anybody else. I called and said, “That’s bulls—! Come on!” And we went back and forth, like how would we do it? I wouldn’t want to do it as anything that would be compared to The Shield. And then I just said to him, “I’ll do it if I can be a transgender. I would like to play a transgender.” He said, “No, you wouldn’t.” I said, “Oh yes, absolutely, I would. Let’s do it as a transgender.” This conversation was like a year and a half ago.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I thought he looked familiar. Dig him on Justified.
en kærlighed småkager
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

After this weeks episode I'm getting seriously annoyed with the writing on this show.

The kids being used as 'shocking content' is fucking old. We had an entire season based around Jax and his kids, and now this? The whole distancing of Jax and his mother is one thing, but unless she's leaving the show I see no reason to pull this cheap crap. I'm seriously starting to be concerned they're running out of ideas.

I'm guessing Gemma lies and somehow ties her running off the road to being attacked after Jax mentions his attack or something. Or worse (writing wise) she has amnesia. /twirl Either way, mom is hated now (again). Wooo.. shocker.

The attack on Jax I'm going to reserve judgement on. I take issue with someone who's been portrayed as 'in control' as Pope is, suddenly deciding he wants to wipe out samcro. This is a guy they've given the impression of, who would simply have Jesus come by and say bang, fuck, you're dead. I also have a hard time believing that people in his own organization are going against his orders. So we'll see.

I'm waiting for the episode to come where Jax's wife blows Otto while wearing his old ladies perfume.. You know it's coming. That'll give them content for at least 5 more episodes. She hides it. It causes her mental grief. Otto drops charges. She goes back and administers a lethal dose of something for revenge. Etc. /twirl

They need to drop Clay from the show. He's no longer interesting and the whole home invasion thread was strained at best.

They also need to quit making Juice a fucking pussy. Half the time you see the guy he's nearly in tears.

It's getting tedious seeing these guys in bad shit every single day of their lives. It's now getting past the really real world. Each episode has to be explosive and over the top. It wasn't like that before.

In any case, next episode better bring some shit together or this might fall off my radar of shows to watch. And they better start leaving the damn kids alone.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

my favorite part was that there was no apparent reason for the driving poorly...was just dumb!
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

My guess is you were supposed to focus on her putting out the joint at the garage. And as everyone knows, joints are killers and make you pass out.
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

I dont think Gemma is going anywhere.. I heard her on Conan the other night.. her husband is the writer or producer...

Oh, and yea, pot kills!
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Seems to be the case. I really don't see the whole point of that incident happening, other than to RE-re-re-distance her from Jax. I guess maybe it's kicking off some storyline we're going to have of Clay and Nero going at it. I'm ready for Juice to be cut from the show too. He doesn't fit in any longer. He's like halfsack, but less likable.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Quite satisfied they didn't have Tara blowing Otto and creating a storyline out of that. What they did made sense, though you still don't know for sure if she got what she was after. What they had her doing at the end didn't make sense to me (the why).. maybe it's a woman thing.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I think the tara thing at the end was to show that she is understanding of Otto, and his attachment to his wife. She is trying to get in those shoes, and give jacks something of the same to remember her by. At least, that's my opinion...if its anything else, it will probably be lame! haha
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Not sure where they're going with Tara now.. but it just seems to keep building on the theme of 'anyone around the club is fucked'. Need some diversity here. Seems they're also trying to portray Jax as out of control or something and Clay as turning good. Eh.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Never got the draw of this show. I run into gun toting, drug selling biker "clubs" almost everywhere I go on my motorcycle, I even have friends that have tried to talk me into joining. Doesn't interest me irl or in a show. Seems popular though.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Hey, you got the colors right!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Meh, I didn't think I'd like it, but it turned out to be must-see for me and we are now in the 5th season... Nothing too alluring in real life about a MC, unless you are in one.

I don't even like motorcycles. :)

This show is pretty much awesome.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, almost every person I know in a mc is a douche. Maybe a dangerous douche, but a douche nonetheless. Maybe I'll check it out for the hell of it.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Figure it like Breaking Bad. Doesn't seem appealing at all due to the overall theme, yet it is good fucking TV.

Much deeper than Hell's Angels beer parties for sure.
en kærlighed småkager
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

Wife and I are liking the show less and less as time goes on.. it's just getting to be too much. It's gone from an MC with local troubles in town to some international clusterfuck with the top of the foodchain law agencies. Just don't care for it that much anymore. My wife actually turned off the last episode and screamed out "theyre all crying pussies now!" So yeah..