College Football 2012

What do you think about the sports world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

College Football 2012

Post by Winnow »

Congrats on Michigan squeezing out a win vs Air Force!

Lets see how the Big Ten did against the PAC Twelve this week:

Illinois 14
Arizona State 45

(13) Wisconsin 7
Oregon State 10

(16) Nebraska 30
UCLA 36

Hmmmm

Another ranked team played a PAC 12 team

(18) Oklahoma St 38
Arizona 59

Let's see how the PAC 12 teams that are actually ranked faired

Fresnon St 25
(4) Oregon 42

(2) USC 42
Syracuse 29

Not a bad week for the PAC 12!
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: College Football 2012

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

This season is making me very sad, as I live in Auburn... :(
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

OSU = AP Champs!

Real shit year for the B1G all around. I will gladly take an undefeated season without postseason play this year since our Defense can't even cover leftover food.
Fuck Michigan!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

So how bout them Gators? Coach Boom is doing such a good job in year 2. I simply cannot believe how adaptive his defense is. They are borg, you will be assimilated.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I can't believe Notre Dame moved ahead of Oregon in the standings to the #3 spot. Oregon would ass rape them.

Now this is a rebuilding year to Arizona State and they're playing better than expected...but I watched Oregon completely man handle ASU. They could have scored 100 points if they wanted to. They called off the dogs the 2nd half.
Oregon's upcoming schedule could help solve the Ducks' problem. Oregon plays three opponents in the BCS top 25 (Southern California, Stanford and Oregon State) in its last four games, starting with the Trojans in Los Angeles on Saturday. The Pac-12 title game, if the Ducks get there, should give Oregon another quality opponent.

Notre Dame, with four games left, faces only one more team with a winning record (USC). Kansas State has three winning teams in its four remaining opponents, though only No. 25 Texas is in the BCS top 25.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/f ... z2AetmcOzw
Looks like Oregon will be in the top 4 no matter how fucked up the system is as long as they keep winning.

I'm not really being a homer here. Oregon is fucking amazing on offense. You'll need to score 50 on them to have a chance.

Check out what they've done:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/footba ... gon-ducks/

My friend that went to University of Arizona said the 49-0 score was closer than it appears...yeah right. The 43-21 ASU score should have been more like 71-7 if Oregon kept playing the 2nd half.

That's pretty much 1st half stats because they blow the crap out of teams. They can score 4 TDs a quarter. It's over by halftime. If you get a chance to see them play, it's an impressive display. No wonder Belichick copied them.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I love how AN Ohio State University's hubris is biting them in the ass. I am sure that getting buttfucked by a bad Gator team in the Gator Bowl last season is better than being eligible for the BCS title this season. :lol:

Keep in mind, the math for doing the self-ban last season didn't need a BCS bowl to work out. Urban Meyer is one of the best in the country at taking other people's teams and making them better. He's done it everywhere he's gone. So the dumbfucks in the OSU admin took a look at the stacked roster ol' Sweatervest left behind, worked in the Urban Factor, and honestly didn't think they'd have a better-than-Gator-Bowl season. With Penn State on probation and Whiskey in decline. #-o
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

holy fuck if only 10% of that post made any sense at all
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Had OSU pre-emptively self-imposed a bowl ban last season, the NCAA's past history of accepting those sort of deals leads one to think that teh buckeyes would have been bowl eligible.

Also: fuck FUCK Florida State.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Looks like an SEC team is going to the championship yet again. I'm hoping we can hold it for a solid decade.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Well, I am conflicted. I think 'Bama and/or UGA would prison rape OSU, but I really do think we can hang with and beat ND just because of the history of the two schools. I don't necessarily think that OSU is that great this year (next year, ohmy), but I am glad to see us come back together, knock off a perfect season and really put the recruitment/hype machine in place for the next few years to come. I will take this season as a huge victory for us.
Fuck Michigan!
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Zamtuk wrote:Well, I am conflicted. I think 'Bama and/or UGA would prison rape OSU, but I really do think we can hang with and beat ND just because of the history of the two schools. I don't necessarily think that OSU is that great this year (next year, ohmy), but I am glad to see us come back together, knock off a perfect season and really put the recruitment/hype machine in place for the next few years to come. I will take this season as a huge victory for us.
Yeah, I am excited to see the championship. I will be disappointed if whichever SEC team is there does not take ND completely apart. It is starting to feel like the SEC is a different division (even with my school doing absolutely horrible this year).

That being said, OSU is impressive. I hate that you guys are ineligible. I would be pissed if you were eligible and it was OSU vs ND in the championship, but not because of OSU. I do not think ND should be eligible without being in a conference. They do not even have the chance of being knocked out in a conference championship, and can build their schedule more freely.

I want playoffs!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Zamtuk wrote:Well, I am conflicted. I think 'Bama and/or UGA would prison rape OSU, but I really do think we can hang with and beat ND just because of the history of the two schools. I don't necessarily think that OSU is that great this year (next year, ohmy), but I am glad to see us come back together, knock off a perfect season and really put the recruitment/hype machine in place for the next few years to come. I will take this season as a huge victory for us.
That's the thing, there are a lot of bad teams this season. There is no other possible explanation for the resurgence of ND. The Buckeyes would kick the shit out of the Irish, and your schedule gets harder going forward.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

If anyone else is watching the SEC championship you can see what ND has in store for them. Lacey's eyes looked scary as hell after he made his string of first down runs. No matter which team wins, they are going to curb stomp ND.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Nick Saban is going to introduce the Irish to "The Process." Hint: the process first kills all the joy in your soul.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Manti Teo LOLZ
Fuck Michigan!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Zamtuk wrote:Manti Teo LOLZ
I am sure his girlfriend is in the Niagara Falls area.....

I also heard a funny as shit thing that a sports radio person mentioned: all of his missed tackles were him trying to hug his girlfriend...
en kærlighed småkager
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

The Te'o story gets crazier and crazier. He had to be complicit in this, right? The sheer volume of the lies (being on the phone for 8 hours overnight with your leukemia-stricken girlfriend, for one) make it hard to believe that he was duped in some Catfish scenario.

Why do it? All for the publicity? This started before he was anywhere near a Heisman hopeful. Is he gay and the cover was a beard? It could be plausible, I don't know particularly about Hawaiian/Samoan culture, but he was a Mormon going to a Catholic university playing football, all of which frown on homosexuality.

Crazy ass story though.

If you haven't read it on Deadspin (the organization who broke it), it's a pretty good read. Read here.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.