Guild Wars 2

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Guild Wars 2

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I know that it is early and the newness of the game is still in full flux but I have say, I like this game. I love being able to run pretty much anywhere I wanted and not be tied to a linear quest line. The crafting is better than I have seen in a while (though I still claim Vanguard as the best game with crafting that I played). The exploration is much more fun. The caves are not cookie cutter like you find in most mmos. The pvp looks incredible but I haven't made it into there much yet. So much to learn and so many concepts to unlearn from other games. They have Night and Day and Underwater! ( I couldn't believe that every ocean on every planet in SWTOR was only chest deep.)

The game is new so I am trying to becareful not to fall into that trap of loving it only because it is new. I admit though that it is hard not to.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bubba Grizz wrote:The exploration is much more fun. The caves are not cookie cutter like you find in most mmos.
You can create a newbie character and just run around discovering portals and areas of the map and go up several experience levels just discovering without killing anything . I also like that they notate skill point challenges on the map which encourages you to go find those locations to gain extra skill points. Teleporting around the huge world is also easy which is nice once you've had your fill of discovery.

Always run to an event when they happen/pop up on your radar. Great XP/drops. I happened to be a little low for a particular level but during an event, I

The armor dying system in this game is great as well. Dye it anytime you want. No BS. You get special color dyes as drops with a chance for rare color dyes which is cool as well...but there's plenty of default dyes to use to begin with.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm liking this game more as I go, not less.

You kind of flounder around for the first 15 levels getting used to all of your class weapon combo options and skills. Once you start earning trait points and have your first 5 invested in one of your ability paths, things start to click. Lots of synergies to work on between your weapons, skills and traits.

The active events that pop up frequently are fun. People in this game have been better behaved in general than what I've witnessed in other MMOs. There's no kill stealing possible really in the game so that helps because you can jump in an help kill something without people getting pissed or vice versa. You do get some small XP for reviving someone but it's minor. People just seem to help out a lot in this game which is great. Even with resources like Mining, Harvesting etc, you don't compete with others to race to an ore deposit that just re spawned, the deposits are unique to you. (both of you can whack the same tree) the resources take a long time (maybe a day) to respawn so it encourage some traveling.

Overall, once you get to around level 15, you'll start to get a little more involved in building/customizing your character and the stats will make sense.

this forum is a good resource:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum

Seems the biggest thing the GW2 team figured out is how to get people to have fun and not get pissed with each other (kill steals, etc).

Edit:

Having a great time playing a Human Guardian. The starting areas are huge and completely unique for each race. I've only discovered 4% of the world so far at level 16 and I've traveled quite a bit. I here the Norn starting area is a little buggy so keep that in mind. All classes are available to all races.

Edit 2:

Your level adjusts to the area or storyline quest so, for example, if you wait to do your level 9 story quest and are level 16, your effective level is lowered to within a level of the actual quest. You can't go back and mow through early quest content. It will be a little easier with some added skills you have but your weapon, hps, skill effectiveness, etc are all adjusted to the level. It's another reason you don't see grieving or higher level characters plowing through lower levels which is a good thing.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I have found my label in this game. "The Complitionist" I got it from a crafting blog. I will try and get every, Point of Interest, Vista View, Heart, Waypoint, and Skill Point Challange in each zone before I move on to another zone. As a result you gain a lot in levels and gathering mats along the way. I have three zones completed but I already know that I am going to have trouble in my next one. Those vista views are like trying to do the datacrons in Swtor.

I agree with what Winnow said about the people being better here than in most games. Maybe it is because you don't really need to talk to anyone if you don't want to but I'm seeing people jumping in and helping each other, people reviving others, and massive particiaption in the dynamic events. Granted the only words I normally see anyone say are Thanks and NP. So kind of tough to tell if someone is an asshole though. I'm sure they are out there.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Bubba Grizz wrote:I have found my label in this game. "The Complitionist" I got it from a crafting blog. I will try and get every, Point of Interest, Vista View, Heart, Waypoint, and Skill Point Challange in each zone before I move on to another zone. As a result you gain a lot in levels and gathering mats along the way. I have three zones completed but I already know that I am going to have trouble in my next one. Those vista views are like trying to do the datacrons in Swtor.

I agree with what Winnow said about the people being better here than in most games. Maybe it is because you don't really need to talk to anyone if you don't want to but I'm seeing people jumping in and helping each other, people reviving others, and massive particiaption in the dynamic events. Granted the only words I normally see anyone say are Thanks and NP. So kind of tough to tell if someone is an asshole though. I'm sure they are out there.
Well, I think the reason people act that way is because they took out all of the competition aspects of an MMO (in PVE at least), but added and enhanced the benefits of working together.

If I see you fighting a pack of 3 mobs, then it is to my advantage to help you. I will get exp and loot from every mob, and kill them much faster than I could alone (if I could even kill them alone). If you are downed, it is better for me to have you alive, because you may help me in the near future, and even if you do not, you won't KS me or steal any mining nodes, trees, etc as they are all instanced.

I did not like the idea of no competition at first, but it is very well implemented. I'm enjoying myself immensely, and I absolutely love some of the dynamic events when I have a decent group of people with me. I was doing one earlier with at least 30 people...and while it was face-rolling for the most part, as it could have been done with 5 or less, it was still a lot of fun.

My only gripe is all of the problems with the market. I love to work an AH\Market\whatever you want to call it, and I am quite good at it, but it has only been up for a few hours one day for me, and not at all other times. Also, when it was up, it bugged out and STOLE around 1 gold from me. Gold gone, and no items for it. Just poofed.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Ug, I had an Abyss dye drop (worth 3 gold). I opened it before I knew its value. Oh well, I have black armor now on my character! The best Greatsword (level 80) I could see in the game was only 5 Gold so the dye has some value.

Here's my current armor dyed all black. In GW2, your character keeps all dyes they receive and can use them on any armor/item so you don't have to worry about wasting a dye on an item you'll out level, etc.

The armor detail inGW2 is nice.

I've managed to get my crit up to 50% which is high for a guardian at level 20. I created a high DPS burn build. This is with my Sword/Torch combo, when I switch to my Greatsword, my power goes up to around 200. My build is designed to ignite multiple mobs on fire AOE, and then AOE mow them down with abilities/attacks to do increased damaged to mobs with burn condition applied. I have one ability that allows me to teleport up to 1200 range and detonate an AOE burn attack when I get there. Through my trait line I have enhanced my class virtue that burns, to also blind AOE when cast, and then on top of that, make the mobs vulnerable. I accomplished this by pumping all my trait points into Radiance which also boosts my Precision stat (crit hits) and Condition damage. This also works well in live events where you need to at least hit a mob once to have a chance at loot. I teleport in, detonate my AOE Fire/Blind/Vulnerability attack, and then start AOE swinging away with my great sword. If the rest of the players haven't done enough damage to kill the mobs, I have a few survival skills I can set off to stay alive while they finish them off. I switch to Sword/Torch combo for single mob focused damage when going up against veteran class mobs or bosses. You can respec Traits but it cost a little in game money. Not too bad though. You can switch your skills though anytime you want, making it easy to switch to a more healing/support type class if needed in a groups, etc. My HPs are pretty low so I need to kill stuff fast before my shields expire.

I experienced my first big boss battle. About 20 people. Lot of deaths but people revive like mad in this game. Pretty amazing. It was just a random group of around 20 people killing some lava thing but half the people assigned themselves to revive duty. I was one of them as my level was slightly lower than the average in the group so I was most useful reviving higher levels with more DPS. With no possibility of kill stealing, people are way more likely to help each other on small quests or big events.

Guardian is a fun class. (not including underwater weapons) You can use any of the following:

2H Great Sword
2H Hammer
2H Staff
Sword with Shield, Focus or Torch (each of the off hand items provide separate skills when equipped)
Mace with Shield, Focus, or Torch
Scepter with Shield, Focus or Torch

You can have two weapon sets equipped at any one time and swap between them during combat. For example, I sometimes need to swap back and forth between Greatsword and Sword/Torch to keep a burn condition active on my target(s).

All of those weapon choices have their own unique skills. You also have two different underwater weapons you can swap between for different skill sets.

Besides your weapon skills, you also have Virtues, Signets and Shouts. Virtues are unique to Guardians which are always working in a passive status for you but you can also choose to activate the virtue. For example. Justice virtue does burn damage every 5th attack when in passive mode but if activated it does an AOE burn which also plays off your traits (my trait selections also blinding and making vulnerable when justice is activated) Cool down is 30 seconds which can also be shortened with traits. I'm also working on a third level in Radiance which will reactivate Justice every time I kill something. So your three virtues are pretty nice as they are, but using trait points can make them pretty devastating attacks...or heals (resolve virtue) or Shields (Courage Virtue).

Guardians have a ton of flexibility, as do Warriors. I'd try one of those two classes if you are just starting out.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm level 28 now and must comment on how HUGE this world is. I've made a point of wandering the lands, even hopping over to other newbie start areas and at level 28, traveling on purpose, have only seen 7% of the world. It's easy to make a big world but GW2 world has a unique look to it and very stylized art. They put a lot of work into the look of this game.

There are a few things that make roaming around this world feel a little more special than your standard MMO. First is that you never feel overpowered in any area. The game adjusts your level to the zone so you can complete all the quests and live events without concerning yourself about level. As I mentioned before, even if you are level 20 in a level 12 area, the loot that drops for you is for your level range. This is made possible because you have to work for it even in the lower level areas. Most "events" also give you multiple ways to complete them...mostly a combination of killing stuff or helping to disarm traps, put out fires, even solve math equations in some Asura events. There are bronze, silver and gold medals (experience, honor points, and some other points) that you get for participating so if you show up late to an event, you still get some credit depending on your participation level. If you are a bad ass, you can show up late, go into beast mode, and do enough to get gold still. You can't just sit there and do nothing though, for gathering type stuff, it tracks your participation level.

Second positive thing about the world are constant live events. You are encountering group events all the time which makes wandering the land much more interesting as you can jump right in and partake. While traveling, there are skill point challenges you can seek out, tons of mining/harvesting/chopping craft locations to utilize, vista locations to find which are a bit of a challenge to get to if you are a completionist like Bubba.

This is the first MMO where you can really wander around and go wherever it takes you. You can easily teleport to your main storyline when you feel like doing it, or at least to the closest discovered portal. On the flip side, if you're a really boring person, you could sit there and do the same newbie event over an over and over until you hit 80. This game accommodates boring people. For the more adventurous, the positive to this is that after you completed your race's newbie zone (or maybe you don't like your newbie zone), you can wander over to another race's newbie zone and experience the entire (large) area without feeling overpowered while continuing to level at the same pace as anywhere else you might be in the world. All the while, gaining Xp from discovering new areas and portals.

You are also not bogged down by learning new weapon skills. Weapon skills are free and it takes about 10 minutes to gain all of a particular weapon's skill by using them. You still need to earn skill points for your shouts, signets, consecrations, and you earn additional slots that you can assign these to as you level up. There are many more skills than you have slots for so that's where your decision making and theorycrafting comes into play as well as determining where to place and assign your trait points which enhance your abilities and skills.

A sign that people are enjoying this game comes from an encounter I had yesterday. I was participating in a live event, at the end of the event a Fire Elemental spawned that wiped everyone. More people showed up, more wipes. The fight lasted at least 30 minutes and after it was done, I don't think any loot dropped. Half the people were naked because their armor was so badly damaged and needed repair. The battle was apocalyptic. Dead bodies everywhere and yet people keep coming and reviving fallen players and more than half the time they died while trying to revive. At one point, while I was a corpse, it was great to see how everyone was working together. There were no groups which is another great thing about GW2, you don't need a group, heals aren't targeted, if you are near someone that launches an AOE heal, you'll get the heal. Same goes for any other beneficial skills/abilities. So the challenge is not figuring out how to push a bazillion skill keys, it's how to enhance those existing skills with traits, combined with the other 5 skills you decide to slot. Everyone has the same weapon skills so when you swap weapons during battle, the same 5 skills are always there (or three for single handed weapon and 2 for off hand). Depending on what you're doing you'll maybe want single DPS and AOE DPS weapon sets equipped. If you are killing a mob and get ambushed, you are a instant swap away from switching to AOE mode. You also might have defensive sets,group focused, etc if dungeon crawling or in an event.

There has been a lot of thought that has gone into taking away some of the hassles form other MMOs so you can focus on the fun stuff but that doesn't make it all easy. General leveling may be easy but the boss fights are a bitch and I'm sure PvP is the same. You can't take on champions solo and, for the most part, need to be prepared and on your A game if you're going to take on a veteran mob. The way the active map handles events helps to get people to hotspots quick so if you happen to need to take down a champion. people will show up without you needing to shout for help or make a group. Traditional dungeon crawling doesn't start until level 30 so I haven't experienced that yet although I understand you need to think a little more about balancing your 5 man group for that. Also, if you die in this game, an icon for your corpse pops up, easily seen on the mini map. Unlike some other games, there's actually a good chance you'll get revived if you wait a few minutes.

The game is solid. Whether you'll like it depends on what kind of a gamer you are. If you are a traditionalist and must have a healer,tank, and DPS in a structured party to be happy, then move along to the next game. With the completely separate PvP and Word vs World areas, I think they've also accommodated those types of players as well but that's for someone else to try out for now.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Not sure if anyone is having login server issues, but...

The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. Error code 42:0:9001:3927

During my research, it seems that this error message is false and the problem is actually on the server side, despite it pointing to client firewall, etc. While this is an error message that misleads the user, as most help desks do in order to not blame their own issues, it still is a bother. Tried disabling AVG, Firewall, etc with same results.

Granted, it is launch, but still...fucking really?
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Canelek wrote:Not sure if anyone is having login server issues, but...

The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. Error code 42:0:9001:3927

During my research, it seems that this error message is false and the problem is actually on the server side, despite it pointing to client firewall, etc. While this is an error message that misleads the user, as most help desks do in order to not blame their own issues, it still is a bother. Tried disabling AVG, Firewall, etc with same results.

Granted, it is launch, but still...fucking really?
I got that error if my VPN service was active (even if it was another IP from the United States). I think the game is identifying your original IP used to register and using that as a sort of security measure when you log in due to the mass wave of hack attempts going on right now. Not sure but turning off VPN gets rid of that error 42 for me. If you're IP has changed (which wouldn't be surprising if you don't have a permanent one assigned) that might be the issue.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Thank you, sir! That did the trick.

I had not thought of that possiblity. At least Astrill is still doing its job! :)
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I've been playing this the last few days, I've got a level 17 Mesmer and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I won't go into a ton of depth since winnow already wrote his essay above, but one of the things that really sticks out is variety. Between weapon sets, skills and traits there is a lot of build variety, and a lot more room for strategy in combat. It's definitely reminded me of EQ2 a few times (good thing).

I would definitely recommend it. You can make progress if you play really casually, but there's a ton of depth if you are hardcore.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

One problem I have noticed is the choppiness. Until the servers stabilize, I figure I should just turn down some graphic settings.

And yes, anything like EQ2 (until Velious) is a good thing.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Canelek wrote:One problem I have noticed is the choppiness. Until the servers stabilize, I figure I should just turn down some graphic settings.

And yes, anything like EQ2 (until Velious) is a good thing.
I've got a GTX 670 which is a high end card and get no choppiness...except, once in awhile like every 12 hours or so, things to start slowing down. I close the game and reopen it and the fps issue is gone. There may be some sort of memory leak. Try that if it happens next time.

The game opens and restarts so fast. It's not a big deal to do for now. One thing that annoys me is the overflow notices. Seems like now you get the overflow notice and then immediately get the option to switch to the main server. Almost like you must go overflow first and then to the main server which is annoying when you see the message pop up so often. I've been playing solo recently so I don't have many grouping complaints. I think there should be an option for when you are playing solo to turn off the overflow messages because it really doesn't matter what server you're on if playing solo.

I'm about to hit level 30 and looking forward to level 40 so I can unlock the +15 traits. There's a guardian trait sitting there waiting for me that will make a big difference in my character's awesomeness. Still loving the Guardian class. It's a great combination of DPS/Survivability/Group Support. So far it's great for single targets, AOE and group buff/healing support. It's small weakness is range attacks but with a 1200 range teleport closer (and other closers for sword and greatsword), you can get to your target fast and hand out an asspounding before your target knows what's going on. Teleport-->AOE burn-->AOE blind--->AOE vulernable all instant, and then go to town with the two handed AOE attack, if things get crazy, you have a couple great "oh shit" skills to keep you alive.

After I hit 40 or so, I'll post a my build for comparison/reference/critique.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I think first I'll update my GPU drivers (560i I think). Playing elementalist, but only level 4 or so, since I had limited playtime last night.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Canelek wrote:I think first I'll update my GPU drivers (560i I think). Playing elementalist, but only level 4 or so, since I had limited playtime last night.

There was a thread which I can't find that asked testers which class they though was the most "Ready" for release. Warrior and Guardian were the two most often mentioned as needing the least work. If you get frustrated with you Elementalist, try one of those. I think it's mostly due to the wide range of weapons available for both of those classes and ability to tailor those classes to multiple playstyles/needs, giving you a lot of versatility.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Or you could be awesome and play a Mesmer. I'm liking it a lot, it's a tougher class to play but awesome if you get it down. It definitely needs its overall damage bumped up, but I'm not going to stop playing the class due to that as I'm sure it'll get worked out.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Mesmer is badass.... no need for a damage bump. :)
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Good man!

What are y'all hookers names so I can add you?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I'm MIIR.6701.. playing on Maguuma
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Canno.8620
Northern Shivertits or something like that...
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Dandelo.6137

I'm on the same server as canno!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

ah right on man. Bunch of work folks on that one, so figured it was as good as any. Now, to find time to actually play, lol.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Angry Joe gives GW2 a 10/10

http://youtu.be/Ax-_06Acj8Y

Give it about 2 minutes in the beginning and then he gets into the actual game. Might be annoying but he makes good points throughout the review. He gets into PvP WvW stuff later in the review which might be helpful to clear that part of GW2 up.

Watch it in HD if you can as he has windowed screen videos in the background sometimes that are clear in HD.

----

Couple suggestions. When you hit level 30 or so, hit the trader and upgrade your accessories. Stuff is pretty cheap (like 1 silver) and gives you some pretty hefty stat boosts over what you probably managed to get through leveling drops. Also, don't be cheap. Buy some larger size bags. You can get 10-12 slot bags for decent price. There's also specialty bags that aren't much. I like having one "invisible" bag, the contents of which don't show when selling items at merchants. Placing stuff in the invis bag prevents you from accidentally selling future upgrades you want to keep, etc. You can buy back stuff but this just makes it less stuff to worry about. There are also crafting bags which will automatically place crafting materials in those bags when you loot first if there's space.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Cool.... that's a feature they stole from EQ2!
You could tag any/all bags in EQ2 as 'contents not for sale'
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:Cool.... that's a feature they stole from EQ2!
As long as they take the best features from other MMOs I don't care where they got it from. Glad they didn't take the 5 polygon clay hair from EQ2!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Winnow wrote:
miir wrote:Cool.... that's a feature they stole from EQ2!
As long as they take the best features from other MMOs I don't care where they got it from. Glad they didn't take the 5 polygon clay hair from EQ2!
At the time, EQ2 character models were pretty darn good... especially at max detail.
But to get a decent framerate for raids back then, I had to use (what I liked to call) melted gummy bear mode. :lol:
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Graphics are overrated. Original EQ models are still the best!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Aslanna wrote:Graphics are overrated. Original EQ models are still the best!
:lol:
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I just noticed that you can put crafting materials in the collections tab in your bank. I'd been destroying a lot of it because I don't know if I'll do a profession and if so which one, and I was out of bank space. Well this way you can just get rid of it, you can even click a option from your inventory to move all of it there, so you don't even have to wait til you go to the bank.

Got to level 27 last night, still liking it a lot. I haven't decided if I'm going to finish all the lower level zones or if I'll move on to one of the 25-35 zones now.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:I just noticed that you can put crafting materials in the collections tab in your bank. I'd been destroying a lot of it because I don't know if I'll do a profession and if so which one, and I was out of bank space. Well this way you can just get rid of it, you can even click a option from your inventory to move all of it there, so you don't even have to wait til you go to the bank.
You can right click on crafting material in your inventory and send it to your bank from anywhere in the game.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Well that is handy! Created a guardian. Liking it a lot.
en kærlighed småkager
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Rudolpho.9104 here. Going to add you guys later. I'm over on Gates of Discord with a 59 thief, but the last 15 or so levels are all from crafting. Crafting is so lucrative in this game, and I actually enjoy it! I've probably made around 15 gold so far from leatherworking and weaponsmithing, but put most of it back into them and into my gear. Made myself full rare lvl 50 gear \ weapons.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

If you are doing other things like watching football. Head over to the human newborn zone where the centaurs attack both sides of a valley. Lvl 13 mind or so. If you have a pet, you pretty much get free xp since the attack event happens every 5 minutes. Not really a sproit bit it beats getting nothing.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Once you get to Kessex Hills, there's a chain of like 5 events in the northeastern part of the map that can almost be run repeatedly back to back. Apparently it's the fastest way to level 40, but fuck that shit.

Got to 32 or so last night, can't remember for sure. I went with the Vigil for the faction I chose to side with in my personal story, and so far the quests have been fun.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

NCsoft has just announced that the recently launched Guild Wars 2 has sold over two million copies. The record was reached shortly after sales resumed earlier this week. Sales were originally halted shortly after launch when the studio was overwhelmed with more players than they anticipated, which caused problems with server stability.
nice
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I went through the first dungeon the other night, it was awesome! Full of traps and fights that take tactic and teamwork, and not in the WoW "run here and face left, now stand behind this ice block and dps it but not too fast, ok now attack, Ahhhh run!" cluster fuck kind of way either, I had a blast. Got good loot and felt as though I accomplished something, got almost a whole level, etc. all in about an hour.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

And the Dungeons are tough too. You actually have to work. With the level scaling you could go back in there many times and still be challanged.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

For sure. I haven't even tried explore mode yet, and that's even harder. Got to level 40 last night, I'm completing the zones I go to, do I'm not rushing but still moving along quickly.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

My Mesmer

My Thief/Ninja

Wasabi-colored Ninja
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

I'm up to 80 with 400 in leatherworking, weaponsmithing, jewelcrafting, and 300 in cooking!

If anyone needs any LW or Weaponsmithing let me know. I am about to reactivate those two (costs 40 silver each to switch).
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Up to 55 on ranger now. Really enjoyable game so far, aside from the near-worthless AH (I'll blame the fucking Chinese until I hear otherwise.) Seriously, 90% of shit on there is vendor fodder price + AH deposit, making it absolutely pointless to put up there.

Why did they allow that country to play? Fuck, even their own government chokes off half the damn internetses.

FUCK!

Aside from that, everything is pretty rad.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah the AH is set up kinda odd. They seemed to try to really curb farming, and while they did make some strides there, it went too far in the other direction as a result (like you said, you rarely can sell anything for higher than vendor price).

I haven't played since Borderlands 2 came out, but once the newness of it wears off I'll probably start to spread my time back out between the two.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

THE FUCKING CHINESEEEEEE!!!!
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Ranger to 61 now. Fought a HUGE dragon in that 55-65 zone. Probably 40 people were there. Fat loot chest and good fun. Will go again in aboat 2.5 hours when it is up again. Apparently it is a pretty popular event.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Canelek wrote:Ranger to 61 now. Fought a HUGE dragon in that 55-65 zone. Probably 40 people were there. Fat loot chest and good fun. Will go again in aboat 2.5 hours when it is up again. Apparently it is a pretty popular event.
Nice, yeah it's the same with that dragon in the lower level (40-50 maybe?) zone. It got annoying seeing someone ask in map chat every 2 minutes when it was up last.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I was a dumbass last night. Doing some crafting and had to buy some mats and while I was there I bought myself a nice rare hammer for about 30silver. In the process of organizing my bags I sold the hammer. Swapped characters a few times and then realized what I did. Not in the buy back anymore. It was like a kick to the nuts when I realized it. Oh well.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bubba Grizz wrote:I was a dumbass last night. Doing some crafting and had to buy some mats and while I was there I bought myself a nice rare hammer for about 30silver. In the process of organizing my bags I sold the hammer. Swapped characters a few times and then realized what I did. Not in the buy back anymore. It was like a kick to the nuts when I realized it. Oh well.
Put that stuff right into an invisible bag!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, I have one of those for stuff I don't want to sell, comes in handy.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Definitely a bag disparity in this game.

Finally was able to get tailor above 75 to get next tier (10-slot). Man, since making money (outside of selling mats) via trading post is virtually worthless due to the CHINESE, bags are a bitch to come by past 8 slots.

I'll need to map-complete the other tier 2 zones in order to get the mats to push to 150. That, or do crazy amounts of bandit-based events (and centaurs to a lesser extent).
en kærlighed småkager
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Lol, I'm 80 with almost full exotic gear now, and I still use 10 slot bags...

Once I finish my exotic set out I am going to try to make the 20s.