iOS vs ICS

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

iOS vs ICS

Post by Zaelath »

This is what an android fanboi sounds like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMiY1kSTHZw

That said, he makes some good points imo. I'll give him a pass on saying "more better" at the end of the video :)

ICS seems to be a big jump from Gingerbread too... but a lot of the stuff he raises still hold. I was pretty surprised about the "can't use an mp3 as a ringtone" one for example. I could do that on my old Nokia, and the HTC Desire that replaced it, but it's apparently easier to jailbreak an iPhone than make an mp3 ringtone? Funny.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Re: iOS vs ICS

Post by Canelek »

Genius! Denying mp3 ringtones allows me to not have to hear someone's stupid song that only they are interested in. Nobody cares, just answer your fucking phone or put that shit on vibrate.
en kærlighed småkager
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Canelek wrote:Genius! Denying mp3 ringtones allows me to not have to hear someone's stupid song that only they are interested in. Nobody cares, just answer your fucking phone or put that shit on vibrate.
lol, I don't care what they have, as long as they don't leave it on their desk while they go to meetings, lunch, the shitter, and have it ring off the hook at max volume half the day.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zaelath wrote:This is what an android fanboi sounds like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMiY1kSTHZw

That said, he makes some good points imo. I'll give him a pass on saying "more better" at the end of the video :)

Nothing too compelling in that video and he kind of sounds like a moron when it comes to searching for apps, etc. I don't think the guy even knows how to use the home button.

It's also funny that flash is no longer supported on the new version of Android...oops! How many fucking times did android fanbois go on and on about that memoryhogging/battery toasting crap?

I'm really hoping I don't have to move to Android due to screen size as that's the only compelling reason to do so right now.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Winnow wrote:
Zaelath wrote:This is what an android fanboi sounds like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMiY1kSTHZw

Nothing too compelling in that video and he kind of sounds like a moron when it comes to searching for apps, etc. I don't think the guy even knows how to use the home button.

It's also funny that flash is no longer supported on the new version of Android...oops! How many fucking times did android fanbois go on and on about that memoryhogging/battery toasting crap?

I'm really hoping I don't have to move to Android due to screen size as that's the only compelling reason to do so right now.
You have that backwards, Flash no longer supports Android. They've given up.

Not that I've ever installed it, there's nothing I use a phone for that needs it...

The apps thing I thought was a bit of a wash. I don't have eleventy billion apps, so there's little difference to me there.

Primary reason for posting it at all was so you could see what you sound like to the rest of us ^^
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zaelath wrote: Primary reason for posting it at all was so you could see what you sound like to the rest of us ^^
I freely jump ship between products. iOS/iPhone happens to be the best right now. Some people will recall that I was an Apple (in general) hater before the iPhone was introduced.

Also, regarding apps, it isn't quality vs quantity between the two platforms. iOS owns both the quantity and the quality categories. iTunes has a better app search/filtering system to boot.

On the other hand, Android has really easy ringtone customization. Sweet.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Oh, so you're trying to dispute your fanboi status, and demonstrate that by making another rabid fanboi statement immediately afterwards.

Or, wait... what? :?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

iOS/iPhone happens to be the best right now.
Feature wise, iphone is nowhere near the best right now.
Also, regarding apps, it isn't quality vs quantity between the two platforms. iOS owns both the quantity and the quality categories.
The vast majority of people use only a handful of apps.
Quantity is pointless to argue.
Quality on the other hand... out of the apps I use on my Lumia are all superior to their iphone counterparts.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sorry, those custom ringtones are annoying, got anything else? Maybe you can tell me all about the cool animated wallpapers!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Ug, it's going to be hard to buy an android tablet. Seeming like the build quality is crap compared to the iPad.

Watch this video.

The new TFT300 Tablet from Asus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLVh0I0IAlc

"be careful with it"

it squeeks. don't put too much pressure on back as it causes bleed through on the front screen?

Wow. Makes me appreciate the rock solid build quality of Apple phones and iPads. A portable tablet that you need to "be careful" with? lol. I'll let you know that first time I hear my iPhone or iPads "creak" and "squeek".

All that for 400.00. Nice! (iPAd 2 $339.00 new)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

meh, I saw some of the same things about the tablet I bought, but I actually found the "looseness?" to be a benefit. The Acer tablets have an almost rubberized back which is textured in a way that makes it easier for me to use on some surfaces. The iPads slid around too much unless I bought accessories. The apple products do feel superior if you just want something heavy and solid to knock out that idiot that won't stop screaming in the office though.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I played with a Nexus 7 today at Best Buy. Really nice little device and I dig the 7" form factor more than I thought I would. Looking forward to Cynanogenmod 10.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:
iOS/iPhone happens to be the best right now.
Feature wise, iphone is nowhere near the best right now.
Also, regarding apps, it isn't quality vs quantity between the two platforms. iOS owns both the quantity and the quality categories.
The vast majority of people use only a handful of apps.
Quantity is pointless to argue.
Quality on the other hand... out of the apps I use on my Lumia are all superior to their iphone counterparts.
I'd be interested to hear you elaborate on those statements.

I can't think of any feature another phone has that most people actually use that the iPhone doesn't have. I can think of a bunch of bullshit gimmicks that sound cool and never really get used that Android has and ios doesn't.

As far as app quality go, I think you must be trolling. Not only is the quality on the ios apps better, but your ability to sort through them by rating and category is much better.

And to the issue of making a ringtone for a iPhone. It's extremely easy, and I can't see the steps involved deterring anyone from making one unless they are completely inept.

Don't get it twisted, I have a love hate relationship with Apple. I don't like the company and there are things I don't like about their hardware/software. However, after trying three different android phones before switching, I can tell you for 100% certain that iPhones are better in damn near every way. That is unless you actually care about having a massive screen on your phone and don't mind having the unnecessarily large thing in your pocket all day, and if that's the case I seriously question whether your opinion is worth it's weight in dog shit.

P.S. <3
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

This video and all of this guys points are a joke, I wasn't going to watch it and really wish I hadn't.

Lets do a quick recap:
-Widgets and other desktop shit, excluding icons to open a program are obnoxious in my opinion, I stopped using them about 2 days after I started using android. If I want to do something on my phone, I will go into the appropriate program, I don't want anything other than a wallpaper on my desktop, I'm the same with my computer.
-I think wanting to use a different browser, regardless of what phone you have, is stupid. It's a fucking web browser, I've never had a issue with any of them I've used on any phone, so his point about opening it in another browser aren't pertinent.
-complaining about have to tap 3 or 4 on screen buttons to copy an address into maps is pathetic. I don't use turn by turn shit whether it's available to me or not, so I don't care about that. He's also implying the iPhone doesn't do a lot of stuff that it does in this regard.
-Calling the desktop cluttered seems grasping for shit to me, I've never had the thought occur to me when using my phone.
-Again, widgets are obnoxious and absolutely not a talking point, apparently he just isn't aware of that.
-AGAIN, complaining about having to click a on screen button maybe one or two more times to do the same thing is just a pathetic complaint that highlights how fucking lazy and impatient people are.
-The fact that he complains about the inconsistency of the location of the back button is hilarious. How about the inconsistency of every aspect of the Android OS considering damn near every phone runs a different version of it? El oh el indeed.
-As far as multi-tasking, I guess I've never noticed that. However, I avoid using multiple things that are accessing the internet at once regardless of the phone OS, as I'd rather have one thing finish faster than multiple going at once.
-Claiming the Android tablets and phones are more unified than the Apple products has to be a joke. It has to be.
-Ice Cream Sandwich? Really. The names Android uses are fucking stupid, whatever happened to version numbers? Marketing bullshit at it's finest (yes, I know, Apple is bad in this respect too, I hate marketing bullshit uniformly.)
-I wouldn't want a entire song as a ringtone, I want to cut out specific parts of the song to be the ringtone, which makes the way you do it in iTunes really not a problem.

-And I still maintain that having a massive screen on your phone (regardless of the OS) is unnecessary, impractical and really boils down to some kind of pathetic nerd-fueled cock jousting device for people who have absolutely no qualities in themselves to be proud of and therefore supplement with technology. Harsh? Maybe. But welcome to life, bitch.

I realize most of this boils down to opinion, but mine is that these complaints are a bunch of bullshit complaints and really only relevant if your ADD has gone unchecked for your entire life.

Edit: I thought about it for a couple of minutes, and the only thing that bothers me about ios is the blocking of many youtube videos. While that is a fairly significant one, it's not quite enough for me to want to change phones. I will keep my eyes on Windows phones though to see how they mature. Another unfortunate thing about switching phones would be itunes, I didn't think to turn off auto organizing of my music library until I had acquired about 3/4 of my music, so the idea of trying to sort through 20 something thousand songs spread through a bunch of nonsensical folders to try and organize them logically is out of the question.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I can't think of any feature another phone has that most people actually use that the iPhone doesn't have.
Just off the top of my had...

I can add pictures and attachments to emails after I've started composing them.
Deleting, moving, sorting and overall email management on WP is far easier and intuitive than on ios.
Social media integration on ios is virtually nonexistent.
Facebook and Twitter apps are way better on WP.
Full MS Office compatibility is a pretty big deal.

There a also bunch of other ease of use features on WP that are absent on iOS that I don't really have the time to get into right now.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:

I can't think of any feature another phone has that most people actually use that the iPhone doesn't have.
Just off the top of my had...

I can add pictures and attachments to emails after I've started composing them.
Deleting, moving, sorting and overall email management on WP is far easier and intuitive than on ios.
Social media integration on ios is virtually nonexistent.
Facebook and Twitter apps are way better on WP.
Full MS Office compatibility is a pretty big deal.

There a also bunch of other ease of use features on WP that are absent on iOS that I don't really have the time to get into right now.
Yeah I guess none of that matters enough to me. If I'm emailing a picture or attachment that's most likely the purpose of the email so doing it beforehand doesn't matter. Social integration is also meaningless as I don't use twitter and would rather use the Facebook mobile site than a app. I have a computer for office related stuff, the most I ever do on my phoe is white myself notes. Deleting emails is perfectly easy on a iPhone and gmail completely negates any reason to use folders so sorting doesn't matter to me either

Again, preference.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Fun thing the other day.. I was working on excel the other day using Office 2013 preview at the office. I needed to step away to gather info for it and 2013 has native skydrive integration as a save location. Saved it there and then was able to open, edit and resave it on the phone. Once I was done, I just re-opened it on the desktop when I got back to the office. Worked really well.

(I'm also using Windows 8 Release Preview at the office as well, all on a seperate test partition on my work laptop.)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

That's kinda cool, but I have a level of paranoia regarding cloud stuff in any capacity and have avoided it do far when possible. Definitely interested in windows phones though. I might be more inclined to give android another shot if they made it mandatory for new releases of the OS to be supported on all devices on release, which I know won't happen.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Funkmasterr wrote:That's kinda cool, but I have a level of paranoia regarding cloud stuff in any capacity and have avoided it do far when possible. Definitely interested in windows phones though. I might be more inclined to give android another shot if they made it mandatory for new releases of the OS to be supported on all devices on release, which I know won't happen.
iOS devices don't do that either
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

If you want current release Android that gets updates when the hardware supports it, you go ahead and buy a Nexus phone. If you want cheap and doing updates yourself with Cyanogen etc, you don't.

If Apple allowed other people to have iOS for "free" (oh fuck me, I think I hurt something laughing at that concept), and released source code, (stop, stop, I'm killing me), then perhaps you too could get a $200 iOS device that you had to manage yourself a bit. What's that shit y'all are always saying, freedom isn't free? :)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:That's kinda cool, but I have a level of paranoia regarding cloud stuff in any capacity and have avoided it do far when possible. Definitely interested in windows phones though. I might be more inclined to give android another shot if they made it mandatory for new releases of the OS to be supported on all devices on release, which I know won't happen.
Orly?
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Boogahz wrote:
Orly?
http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/

Nothing older than a 3GS, so no.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Touché. Hardware limitations are understandable, I suppose, but the other reasons that contribute in the case of android are tomfoolery.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Funkmasterr wrote:Touché. Hardware limitations are understandable, I suppose, but the other reasons that contribute in the case of android are tomfoolery.
Tomfoolery like there's no financial benefit to HTC retooling their Sense UI and Gingerbread so that it can go on a phone it sold 2 years ago? But they did, for the HTC Desire. Partly I think because it wasn't exactly a $200 phone when they were selling it and there was some pushback from owners. It wasn't like they could just bundle up what they were putting on new phones either, cause the Desire had "hardware limitations" that meant the image didn't fit in the available memory.

Of course, Cyanogen and half a dozen others had Gingerbread for the Desire before HTC did. My carrier still claim the HTC Gingerbread update doesn't exist, cause they don't want to repack it w/ their hooks in: http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones ... artphones/

There's no particular reason iOS 6 couldn't have a iPhone 3G compatible version, it would probably cost them $50k and earn $0 though, so I don't begrudge them abandoning a 3 year old phone either.

Again, the reason I even posted this was to show you how stupid it looks to fanboi various phones. Winnow probably still has some long term holdings in their stock, but most people are just spouting a lot of confirmation bias based bullshit about how much their choice is fucking awesome, and how shit yours is. :)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I get what you're saying and why you poste the video, but I just threw in my two cents. iOS is far from perfect, I'd never say otherwise. But I feel when I buy a nice phone that I should be able to count on getting the newest updates as soon as they're released without having to root my phone, and for two of mine (g1 and galaxy s2) I stopped getting updates entirely after a few months. Getting the most recent update immediately (again, with no rooting/jail breaking) is more important to me than the majority of features people get in pissing matches over.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Any argument from Android fans about OS updates has got to be trolling.

There's like .000001 % of the people on whatever stupid name for two version old Android while the majority of iOS users are on the latest version. It's not even remotely close. The Android app store is a joke. I did buy an EVO when it came out. That was the cheapest piece of shit phone I ever held. Yes it had a 4.3 inch screen. That screen had the worst flashlighting I've ever experienced and the phone "creaked" just like in the Asus tablet" you tube video I linked above. You get what you pay for and sometimes not. EVO wasn't cheap to buy. It was just cheap feeling and a crappy device.

Tablets/Phones are not the same as PCs. I want customization on my PC. My PC is heavily tuned to how I like it. I don't want to be bothered with tinkering around on my phone. I want it to work...really well. I want it to be reliable and up to date with easy OS updates for the average two year lifespan of phones (most people have two year contracts). I want the screen to look clear and battery to last long. Android has at least another year or more before they come anywhere close to stability with their app store and OS. Nexus 7 looks like its a step in the right direction although I can point you to the forums where I'm seeing a shit ton of complaints about detached screens, dead pixels, etc. Overall, the build quality is better than your average Android device but is not coming close to the reliability of Apple devices. And there's always customer service. I was in an out of an Apple store in 10 minutes with a brand new iPhone 4 replacement with my contacts switched over and I didn't even have to say my name or pull out my wallet for identification. I didn't even buy my phone at their store originally. Google has no fucking clue how to release their new products. People are bitching left and right that pre ordered the Nexus 7 from the Google Play Store and still haven't gotten it while the phone is being sold at Sams Club, etc.

miir mentioned social network integration is better on Android? Not for long I guess:
Android has a good reputation for being very open to integrating services with Android. Contact sync from third-party sources has been a part of that for a long time, and it’s really handy for those of us with a lot of social contacts. Last year, Google announced that because of what it deemed “unfair” data sharing practices by Facebook, it was pulling contact sync from the core of Android.

iOSApple, on the other hand, has just given Facebook a more prominent role in iOS 6. Much as it did with Twitter in iOS 5, there will be Facebook Like and Post buttons around the OS that facilitate easy sharing to the world’s largest social network. Say what you will about Facebook, people use it — a lot. It just makes sense to have Facebook as a part of the OS.
Siri clobbers Android

Before Siri was even a glimmer in Tim Cook’s eye, Google had voice commands built into Android. They’re still there, but no one has bothered to update them in ages. With many phones, like the HTC One X and Galaxy Nexus moving away from hardware search buttons, it’s actually become painful to trigger the voice actions feature.

Apple, by comparison, is going all in with Siri. New features like movie reviews, OpenTable, and sports scores have been added to the service. Apple is going about this in a smart way by adding features that people might actually want to use. Android’s limited voice interactions often require you to tap the screen to advance fields, or send messages, essentially negating the usefulness of voice input.
Most Android hardware and the OS just isn't that great yet. Jelly Bean looks usable but I see no compelling reason to switch save for screen size. Android better hold on tight to that one benefit which really is out of their control as Apple could release a larger screen if they choose to. That iPhones only use 3.5 inch screens and still dominate says a lot about the product. An estimated 70 Million iPads will be sold in 2012 alone. I think people like those too...or do you think people are shelling out 600.00 for them just to be cool?

After seeing videos of the Asus transformer, I'll probably pass on it but I will eventually pick up a Nexus 7 so I can use it for testing and keep an eye on the next Android OS release or two.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Winnow wrote:I want it to work...really well, just not you know, as a phone.
FTFY

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I use that same model still. The iPhone 4 without a cover. It works fine and I'm even left handed which is supposed to cause the problem. To Apple's credit, they fixed the issue. No phone is perfect but iPhones are much closer to perfect than the gaggle of Android phones. I'd buy the exact same phone again even knowing about that particular design flaw.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

To sum up the thread...Funk shouldn't bother with a smartphone of any type!

:(
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:To sum up the thread...Funk shouldn't bother with a smartphone of any type!

:(
Right.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Screen size is a whole lot more important than the “nerd fueled cock jousting” garbage you have decided to associate it with. It’s nice to be able to read the screen. It’s one of those things that you think you can shit on until you use it for a bit than realize how much you’ve been compromising once you go back. The 4.3 in on my Maxx, with an otterbox casing is not bulky at all. I can only assume that iphone users will own an ipad in conjunction with their phone so all of the compromises they are making get mitigated that way. But because of my phone’s screen size, that’s not an issue.
I will say that I really like my phone. Just a fantastic device. It’s fast to run programs, the 4g is fast as hell (and has great building penetration), screen is great as well as highly readable, it’s built like a tank, and the multitude of radios in the thing are all best in class.
ICS brings it all together. Maybe I’m just used to the android logic, but I find navigating the thing a hell of a lot easier than my wife’s iphone
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I think you're mistaken. It's not something I'd get used to. Anything I "need" a bigger screen for I can do on my PC or iPad. And like I said, my iPhone already annoys me in my pants pocket when I'm riding my motorcycle, I can't imagine anything bigger.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Funkmasterr wrote:I think you're mistaken. It's not something I'd get used to. Anything I "need" a bigger screen for I can do on my PC or iPad. And like I said, my iPhone already annoys me in my pants pocket when I'm riding my motorcycle, I can't imagine anything bigger.
I always have the phone in the jacket pocket.. last thing I want is my phone to be destroyed when I come off ^^

Besides, you're in MN. Surely that's only a consideration for 2 months of the year.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Zaelath wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:I think you're mistaken. It's not something I'd get used to. Anything I "need" a bigger screen for I can do on my PC or iPad. And like I said, my iPhone already annoys me in my pants pocket when I'm riding my motorcycle, I can't imagine anything bigger.
I always have the phone in the jacket pocket.. last thing I want is my phone to be destroyed when I come off ^^

Besides, you're in MN. Surely that's only a consideration for 2 months of the year.
Haha. Well, I'm not real good about wearing a jacket, which I wish wasn't the case now. I crashed on Saturday night. Two fractures in my wrist, dislocated big toe and a fair amount of road rash. Phone was in pants pocket and didn't break!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

The temp we have covering for one of my co-workers this week upgraded his iPhone 3GS with a Samsung Galaxy Note. That thing is a beast of a phone... a sexy, sexy beast..
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Zaelath wrote:

Haha. Well, I'm not real good about wearing a jacket, which I wish wasn't the case now. I crashed on Saturday night. Two fractures in my wrist, dislocated big toe and a fair amount of road rash. Phone was in pants pocket and didn't break!
Damn :( Happens to everyone though... hence the jacket.

I assume you at least have a helmet though, unlike most people I saw in St. Cloud... cause you know, you're still here/not communicating through drool.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah I always wear my helmet. I was only going about 35 mph or so and hit some sand in a turn.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

You are also mistaken, I never said "need"
Screen size improves the multitude of things I listed. You decided it was probably because of nerd fueled cock jousting, ignoring all of the benefits.
And as I said, you basically mitigated the use of a larger screen buy purchasing an additional device in your ipad. And now you're throwing around the difficulties of riding with a phone in your pocket.
just admit you're a fucking full of shit fanboy already. You’ve, basically, managed to take every improvement that android or windows phones have over ios and classify them all as not important to you.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I always wonder how people can summarily dismiss a feature or improvement without ever using it.

Having used iOS, WP and (briefly) Android, I think I have a pretty good idea of the good and bad points of each platform.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

You're forgetting, I had three Android phones before I got this one. Two of which had a bigger screen than the iPhone. I don't like big screens on phones, I don't use them heavily as a multimedia device, and I play very few games on it, most of which wouldn't be enhanced with a bigger screen. I also don't define myself by my phone like a lot of losers do, (this is the case whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

If I think the bulk of the improvements for the other two OS's aren't useful to me and are aimed at people who either nitpick for the hell of it, or because they are a little ADD baby that ponders all the nitpicky shit they could change about phones while watching lady gagas newest video on their oversized cell phone... That doesn't make me a fanboy or full of shit, it means those things truly don't matter to me.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Bigger screen = bigger tits.

But yeah, I do not understand fanboi-ism over technology either. The way I see it, if they ain't paying me to pontificate, I really don't care.

Sorry to hear you got roughed up by the road!
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

You sir, make the first valid point of the thread. I retract my previous comments!

And thanks! At least I got admitted to the ER, but due to our awesome health care I can't go to my follow up appointment due to lack of insurance. So I have no idea if my toe is actually fixed, if my cast has to stay on and for how long, or if I need a different cast. Plus I'll be balls deep in debt. Yay!!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote: And thanks! At least I got admitted to the ER, but due to our awesome health care I can't go to my follow up appointment due to lack of insurance. So I have no idea if my toe is actually fixed, if my cast has to stay on and for how long, or if I need a different cast. Plus I'll be balls deep in debt. Yay!!
Earlier this year a guy I work with started to have a heart attack right in front of me. Freaked me out. Someone else walked him outside to to wait for the paramedics. He lost consciousness. The paramedics worked on him in the smoking area. Not sure how much he owes for that paramedic/ambulance trip and 4 day stay in the hospital. He's a non smoker and not overweight.

About a month later he got married. His wife got laid off the week before they got married. About a month after that his wife's kidneys failed. Less than a month later she was dead. He owes $120,000.00 in medical bills for the month she was on life support.

Later, he was told he won the NCAA Tourney Bracket Pool. We thought it was cool that he got a couple hundred dollars since he owes 120K. Turns out some chick won instead after a recount so he was denied the loot after all the congrats. Rough year so far. Hope it makes your situation not seem so bad!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Ouch!

Sounds like a pretty awesome HC plan. Only reason I hate mine so much is the 1k deductible for chiro. that shit adds up!

Back to phones:

Yeah, the S3 is huge! However, it isn't much wider than the S2 (unless that one is too large as well), and it is actually a bit thinner. Talking on it seems awkward, but I have a bluetooth headset for calls, so no biggie there.

I find that in the crapper, a larger screen is great unless you have a tablet device (thus making use of a phone in the shitter moot). Nothing like watching shit while you shit!
en kærlighed småkager
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Man, with all the talk of offices and the like, I thought you were talking about taking your tablet into the office crapper... mind, you, that would be the least wierd thing I see/hear in mine.

I really get along with the guys in the office, but they do some wierd ass stuff in there.

You got your strainers, your washing your hands for a full 5 minutes, your chokers, your talkers, your phone call takers, just wierd.

Oh, and I advise against being too entertained on the loo; it's not fun trying to explain to the paramedics you were too busy enjoying your tablet to notice that your legs had gone completely to sleep, and you pitched head first into the tile when you attempted to stand on numb legs w/ your pants around your ankles.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Funkmasterr wrote: I also don't define myself by my phone like a lot of losers do, (this is the case whether you want to acknowledge it or not.
Congrats. you're one of the few ios users who don't.
If I think the bulk of the improvements for the other two OS's aren't useful to me and are aimed at people who either nitpick for the hell of it, or because they are a little ADD baby that ponders all the nitpicky shit they could change about phones while watching lady gagas newest video on their oversized cell phone... That doesn't make me a fanboy or full of shit, it means those things truly don't matter to me.
I know, having an easier time reading the screen on a mobile device proves to be no benefit. jesus, you argue like a child.
you're picking and choosing what is important to you solely on your own phone. and i think you're a full of shit fanboy because of it. and it's regardless of whether or not you've successfully attempted to convince yourself that every benefit of ios is important while every benefit of ics and the devices you can find it on are not
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Oh hell no! My office building is full of filthy savages.
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Chidoro wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote: I also don't define myself by my phone like a lot of losers do, (this is the case whether you want to acknowledge it or not.
Congrats. you're one of the few ios users who don't.
I know, having an easier time reading the screen on a mobile device proves to be no benefit. jesus, you argue like a child.
you're picking and choosing what is important to you solely on your own phone. and i think you're a full of shit fanboy because of it. and it's regardless of whether or not you've successfully attempted to convince yourself that every benefit of ios is important while every benefit of ics and the devices you can find it on are not
I'm starting to think you're extremely fucking stupid or at the least, slow. Where did I say anything that could be interpreted as ops updates/features all being important to me?