Diablo 3!!

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Re: Diablo 3!!

Post by Sylvus »

empee#1782
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

You mix and match abilities (not all are attacks), and you can then customize each of those abilities with multiple runes. Those can change heals to do damage, heal better, or several other things. You can constantly 'respec' based on the mob types and/or group you're in. For instance, if I am trying to keep things off of my friend's demon hunter while I am on my monk, I will keep the rune that makes one of my primary attacks teleport me to the mob + my multi-hit AoE that makes me invuln for the duration. It keeps them on me while he is dps'ing them down. I can also keep my AE heal ready, and I can boost the heal portion or add an AE dmg to it instead. They can all be changed on the fly. Just make sure you check for your group mate's hourglass before pulling the bosses... A skill tree limits you much more than the current system.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:I didn't really have much interest in Diablo 3 to begin with but the always on DRM (for single player, even!) was definitely the factor that pushed me to not even consider purchasing this product. A lot of people whine and complain about it yet they bought it anyway. Suckers. Boycott! Although I don't think they have anything to worry about as I'm sure they will still sell millions of copies and make many millions of dollars regardless.
I'm not a huge fan of it either, but I'll take that over the ridiculous hacking and cheating that took place in the second game.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

By the way, concerning how long the game is, I've got over 15 hours in and I just started act 3. I've been exploring every bit of the map, which I would imagine you'd want to do unless you're going for a speed run.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Just bought. I'll set up a b-net account later tonight. Looks like a fun time.
en kærlighed småkager
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Looks like most of VV bought this one.

Praetorian#1416
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Just finished first playthrough on normal, about 23 hours. I'm really liking demon hunter now that the skills are getting fleshed out.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Funkmasterr wrote:Just finished first playthrough on normal, about 23 hours. I'm really liking demon hunter now that the skills are getting fleshed out.
This is great to know. Thank you for posting the info.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Shizzle. Keep in mind that while I thought that was a thorough playthrough, a glimpse at the achievements made me realize that wasn't exactly the case. I'm gonna guess that my second playthrough will be longer by at least a couple of hours.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Funkmasterr wrote:Shizzle. Keep in mind that while I thought that was a thorough playthrough, a glimpse at the achievements made me realize that wasn't exactly the case. I'm gonna guess that my second playthrough will be longer by at least a couple of hours.
Well, dont be sure of that...not anywhere near all the items/places spawn in one game, so you WILL need several playthoughs to get them all.
And the first few days, the achievements were bugged, i missed out on almost all exploration achievements, and a lot of boss kill ones, that i only got with my monk later on.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

yeah, those server issues aided me in hitting the level 20 achievement without hitting the level 10 version :P
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Funkmasterr wrote:By the way, concerning how long the game is, I've got over 15 hours in and I just started act 3. I've been exploring every bit of the map, which I would imagine you'd want to do unless you're going for a speed run.
The REAL Game aka Diablo the way it's meant to be played, isn't starting until Hell anyways (where you really need to use teamwork and have to worry about resists). :D

And at 60, you can utilize the Nephalem Valor Buff (stacks 5 times)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZs_JrYxq6U
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Dont matter much what buffs you get at 60 when I cant log in and play my SINGLE player game :(
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

You fuckers need to hurry up. Me and my roomate will probably be on hell by the end of the night and could use more people!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I'm working as fast as I can to actually just beat normal before I have to leave town next week for a week. =/

Stupid work in getting in the way of Diablo 3.

Act 3 thus far has been stellar.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Animalor wrote:I'm working as fast as I can to actually just beat normal before I have to leave town next week for a week. =/

Stupid work in getting in the way of Diablo 3.

Act 3 thus far has been stellar.
Haha :)

Yeah finished nightmare last night. Definitely needed to upgrade gear for act 4. Will start working on hell tonight, but from what I can gather I'll be playing/farming hell for a week or two now.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Started playing a bit yesterday. Pretty fun so far! Lvl 12ish Wizard...
en kærlighed småkager
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I haven't been able to play since last week. I'm only on Act 2 in normal. If you sent me friend requests, I'll be online soon enough to accept!

Have the servers straightened out? I have only died 4-5 times but there were all in a single sitting thanks to massive lag. I would be walking along, the game would start stuttering, then I would be dead, surrounded by a couple dozen guys that pop on my screen in one second. That was the last time I played. I was like "Fuck this. I'll play when they fix their shit."
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Have not had issues at all. Then again, I have just played Normal, single-player.
en kærlighed småkager
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I haven't had any latency issues at all, but a friend in Ottawa is constantly getting rubber banding in the evenings.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I'm only level 8 or so but I'm loving the game already. I can't wait for addiction to fully set in.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I've never really had lag issues either. A little jump every once in a short while but that's it.

Got to act 2 on hell last night. The butcher was a fucking pain!

A little advice, the best upgrades seem to be on the 1's (21,31,etc). I would get in the habit of upgrading as much as you can at these levels, upgrades with level requirements in between those points mostly aren't worth it.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

Mikey#1514

Currently on act 3 of nightmare.

I run a mumble server these days - pm me if you want info.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Belial on hell mode can blow me. I don't even want to think about inferno.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Just had help beating him on Nightmare with my Monk. I don't want to know how much worse it is going to get. All I really had trouble with was his puddles, but when they dropped, I imploded.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I didn't think I would, but I am loving the shit out of this game! Only like lvl15 or so (Barbarian) since I had video card (seized fan) issues where D3 would crash since my GPU would hit 100C in 2-3 minutes and cause my PC to crash.

The GTX560TI runs the game very well on high (well, so did the GTX460, but who's counting).
en kærlighed småkager
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'm on act 2 of inferno. Act 1 was tougher than hell mode, but not so much noticeably as a ranged class. Act 2 is absurd. The thing that's already making me lose interest in the game somewhat is that getting through inferno is a gear check, and the prices people put shit on the AH for are a joke. It would take me 10 million plus gold to gear myself out to clear inferno. And that's the only realistic option since I can't remember the time I got a drop that I equipped.

Farming in inferno gets you maybe 250-300k gold per act, so that's a shit ton of farming. Not sure what I'll do yet.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Odd. I take it you get better drops if grouped up? Never tried that--wanted to get through solo game first (albeit slowly).
en kærlighed småkager
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Funkmasterr wrote:I'm on act 2 of inferno. Act 1 was tougher than hell mode, but not so much noticeably as a ranged class. Act 2 is absurd. The thing that's already making me lose interest in the game somewhat is that getting through inferno is a gear check, and the prices people put shit on the AH for are a joke. It would take me 10 million plus gold to gear myself out to clear inferno. And that's the only realistic option since I can't remember the time I got a drop that I equipped.

Farming in inferno gets you maybe 250-300k gold per act, so that's a shit ton of farming. Not sure what I'll do yet.
Just saw that most of these issues should be covered in patch 1.0.3 later this month.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208 ... _2012#blog
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Canelek wrote:Odd. I take it you get better drops if grouped up? Never tried that--wanted to get through solo game first (albeit slowly).
Not necessarily, I think it averages the magic find number of everyone in the group so your chance could actually get worse. As far as quality items, I don't believe that's the case either. I got a legendary set wand off of an elite yesterday playing solo that was towards the top of the stat range for that wand, and a two handed legendary sword the other day solo as well. I've mostly played co op with my room mate and I haven't got any legendaries or even good rates playing with him.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

You can make a shit ton of gold in inferno act I if you want to farm gold. Go to Royal Crypts and break pots before you get the billions skels to pop from the 4 pillars. As a wizard you can run the ice armor and keep casting it to have a big radius of damage around you and run through the place in under 1 minute. It can be 5-15k per run through.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:You can make a shit ton of gold in inferno act I if you want to farm gold. Go to Royal Crypts and break pots before you get the billions skels to pop from the 4 pillars. As a wizard you can run the ice armor and keep casting it to have a big radius of damage around you and run through the place in under 1 minute. It can be 5-15k per run through.
Yawn.

It wouldn't be an issue if people weren't putting shit up on the ah for laughable prices and saying its worth it.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:I'm on act 2 of inferno. Act 1 was tougher than hell mode, but not so much noticeably as a ranged class. Act 2 is absurd. The thing that's already making me lose interest in the game somewhat is that getting through inferno is a gear check, and the prices people put shit on the AH for are a joke. It would take me 10 million plus gold to gear myself out to clear inferno. And that's the only realistic option since I can't remember the time I got a drop that I equipped.

Just saw that most of these issues should be covered in patch 1.0.3 later this month.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208 ... _2012#blog
Sounds like a lot of good changes, as long as the tweaks offset the increased repair costs.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I'm only level 26, but I can safely say that my favorite part of the game thus far is playing the auction house. Selling an item for 10k gold that would have gotten me 150 gold otherwise is a great feeling. I look forward to being level 60 with a crapton of money that I can spend on some badass gear.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Leonaerd wrote:I'm only level 26, but I can safely say that my favorite part of the game thus far is playing the auction house. Selling an item for 10k gold that would have gotten me 150 gold otherwise is a great feeling. I look forward to being level 60 with a crapton of money that I can spend on some badass gear.
Until you realize that one 'badass' piece of gear @ level 60 will cost you hundreds of thousands of gold.
A friend of mine has spent over 7 million on gear since he hit level 60
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

miir wrote:
Leonaerd wrote:I'm only level 26, but I can safely say that my favorite part of the game thus far is playing the auction house. Selling an item for 10k gold that would have gotten me 150 gold otherwise is a great feeling. I look forward to being level 60 with a crapton of money that I can spend on some badass gear.
Until you realize that one 'badass' piece of gear @ level 60 will cost you hundreds of thousands of gold.
A friend of mine has spent over 7 million on gear since he hit level 60
The more expensive, the better. I will have much more money than new 60's who hadn't used the AH while leveling.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I've spent probably 4-5 million gold on the gear I have now. To upgrade any of my stuff I'm looking at a bare minimum of 1 million per piece, more like 5 million plus for a weapon upgrade.

You make around 300k per act, plus whatever drops you're lucky enough to get that are worth putting on the AH (a lot smaller percentage of the shit you get at 60 will be worth it compared to low levels). The most I've had at once is 800k, so yeah, it takes a shit ton of grinding to gear out for the later acts right now, unless you're lucky, or get stuff from friends.

Main point being most level 60 shit isn't worth what it sells for, but now it's a cycle to break, cause as new people find a really nice item they need to gouge people for it so they can afford to pay 5 million gold for a 1050 dps bow with shitty properties.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Oh shit. Totally forgot about AH. Luckily, I am low low level still so I can still save up by selling shit. Doh! Is crafting shit worthwhile?
en kærlighed småkager
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Canelek wrote:Is crafting shit worthwhile?
At 26, I'm using 3 or 4 items I Blacksmithed myself. They were huge upgrades and I'm sure they'll sell well when I no longer need them.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Black smithing is worthwhile through the first two difficulties, then it's almost completely worthless, mine is at 8 and I'll only level it further if I find a rare/legendary pattern I can make money off of.

Jewel crafting is totally worth it, I combine gems a lot and have had it max level since hell difficulty.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Funkmasterr wrote:Black smithing is worthwhile through the first two difficulties, then it's almost completely worthless, mine is at 8 and I'll only level it further if I find a rare/legendary pattern I can make money off of.

Jewel crafting is totally worth it, I combine gems a lot and have had it max level since hell difficulty.
Dont know about the US servers, but on EU servers, the gem trading in AH has been turned off for most of the time the game has been online.....but before that, jewelcrafting for lower levels were useless....i could guy 5 or 6 level gems for less than i could combine a level 2 for at JCer
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I think they just turned it back on. If you don't keep and combine all the gems you find, good luck ever having perfect star gems in your gear, I can't imagine how expensive they'll be selling for. Plus I'd rather get achievements for crafting as I go, too.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

I stopped combining my gems when I read about the drop in cost for combines. I noticed that the commodity section of the AH was just turned back on today too. It was up and down for a while before they just shut it down sometime last week I think.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'm past the point where the price drops are going to effect me :(
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Yup...perfect squares are 20k gold per combine. It will be nice to have lower prices to hammer out all the gems I have saved up though.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'm still only lvl 20-something on normal in Act 2. I did swap out some skills, switched some runes, and tried out 2 new passives and it's amazing how much impact that has on the game. It really changes my entire strategy. My witch doctor has the zombie dogs and giant, healing bats, passives that make us all take less dmg, and equipment that gives life. I got into a good groove today and it was really hard to put down the game and come into work. I plan on doing one of each character all the way through normal, then going from there. It is going to take me awhile though.

I'm trying to finish off some console games too. Oh, and I've had a major itch to play an RTS too. I'm leaning towards C&C but I also haven't played all the way through all sorts of older RTS games.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Oh, and I've had a major itch to play an RTS too. I'm leaning towards C&C but I also haven't played all the way through all sorts of older RTS games.
Starcraft II!!

My sn's ubuntude.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I usually get into this "I already played through the campaign" in my head and then opt for something different. I suck online. I play vs the AI once in awhile and do great as Terran, but suck dirty cock as Protoss and Zerg is even worse. Rumor has it that HotS will be in beta in the next week or 2, so that expansion should be realeased in a reasonable time frame. I'll be all over that!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah the variety of skills and runes is awesome. But then you hit inferno and realize there is basically one way you can spec with maybe a tune or two you can switch out at best.