Credit scores (again)

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Credit scores (again)

Post by Aabidano »

Just refinanced the house, as part of that getting drawn out a bit (they were overloaded) I saw several iterations of my credit score(s). I don't normally monitor it besides pulling the 3 free reports a year and was surprised how much it went up and down, roughly down and back up 20 points over the duration. The dip was right after a large purchase on a $0 balance credit card that still didn't put it over 30%.

I know it affects my insurance rates and all sorts of other stuff. What pisses me off is "they" won't tell you what parameters I need to shoot for for maximum benefit so I could make an informed choice.

I've no debt at all besides the mortgage and a Visa card I don't carry a balance on, according to popular wisdom I optimally need another note on something to keep the score high. But what's the benefit of it in dollars and cents so I can compare it to the cost?
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."