I've been a vegetarian for two days.

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: I've been a vegetarian for two days.

Post by Aslanna »

Oh and you still haven't posted any like.. scientific 'facts' and shit that eating meat (in any quantity) = "artery clogging". I'll give you that eating red meat 7 days a week is not good for you but I haven't seen anything to suggest that eating meat in moderation is bad for you. Are you really suggesting that if someone only eats fish they will have their arteries clogged? This all or nothing bullshit that you're trying to pass off isn't working on anyone.

Also you seem to be against factory farming.. How about the family that's been farming for generations and raising their own food.. Are they a bunch of sociopaths that are ruining the environment as well? I'm sure according to you they are because they eat meat when they really could just plant some soybeans or something.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aslanna wrote:Oh and you still haven't posted any like.. scientific 'facts' and shit that eating meat (in any quantity) = "artery clogging". I'll give you that eating red meat 7 days a week is not good for you but I haven't seen anything to suggest that eating meat in moderation is bad for you. Are you really suggesting that if someone only eats fish they will have their arteries clogged? This all or nothing bullshit that you're trying to pass off isn't working on anyone.

Also you seem to be against factory farming.. How about the family that's been farming for generations and raising their own food.. Are they a bunch of sociopaths that are ruining the environment as well? I'm sure according to you they are because they eat meat when they really could just plant some soybeans or something.
Do you agree that shopping at the grocery store is not the food chain?
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Unless you are farming your own beans then no I don't agree to anything of the sort.

Besides it's not relevant to my question. Either eating any amount of meat is bad, no matter where it comes from, or it's not. Are those family farmers sociopaths or are they not?

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aslanna wrote:Besides it's not relevant to my question.
You originally said just a few posts ago that shopping at the grocery store is "being part of the food chain." Have you flip-flopped since then?
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Spang wrote:
Canelek wrote:You eat mass-produced hybrid vegetables from a can you retard. Check out your own fake red beans and rice "recipe". You are quite inept at food.
Are you against the slaughter of beans and rice? How thoughtful of you. Also, frozen vegetables don't come in a can. Nor does rice.
The energy costs alone make frozen veggies far more impacting than canned, so in addition to increased acreage due to food choice, you've vastly increased power usage and it's associated pollution. Not only killing more animals today, your choice will help keep killing more animals for centuries to come. Unless you're buying from a local farmer who has blanching and fast freezing equipment powered by methane from his animals' poo which lessens the net impact a little bit.

http://westernfarmpress.com/methane-dig ... lectricity
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Spang wrote:
You originally said just a few posts ago that shopping at the grocery store is "being part of the food chain." Have you flip-flopped since then?
Where did I mention anything about the grocery store? I guess that's you're new technique: making shit up. Oh wait that's been what you've been doing the past year.

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

To sum up (again), from a moral standpoint it's no point of argument. When you try to justify the moral decision via all sorts of farcical aquatic ceremonies is where you trip yourself up.

Sociopathy speaks to societal norms, someone who intentionally tortures animals for the sole sake of causing them pain is an indicator that someone leans outside the norm. As is someone who makes a moral equality between the life of a pig and the life of a human.

I don't argue with people about their religion, sexual preference, etc... It's them and their choice, until they start spouting doody to justify it to themselves(?) or try to inflict that choice on others.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aabidano wrote:Not only killing more animals today, your choice will help keep killing more animals for centuries to come.
Why do you keep spewing this nonsense? More than 50 billion animals are slaughtered every year for food. We're talking cows, pigs, chickens, etc. You know, the kind of food you people eat. Also, those animals that you eat, they need food, too. The harvesting of that food, like vegetables, kills animals. So, you're not only contributing to the slaughter of animals you eat, you're contributing to the slaughter of animals you don't eat when the food your food eats gets harvested and the food you do eat (vegetables) gets harvested.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aabidano wrote:I don't argue with people about their religion, sexual preference, etc... It's them and their choice...
Being gay isn't a choice.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aslanna wrote:
Spang wrote:
Where did I mention anything about the grocery store?
It was implied when you stated that eating animals is "being part of the food chain."
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Spang wrote:
Aabidano wrote:I don't argue with people about their religion, sexual preference, etc... It's them and their choice...
Being gay isn't a choice.
My sister chooses between girlfriend / boyfriend all the time! It's an open buffet for those who like the taste.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Leonaerd wrote:My sister chooses between girlfriend / boyfriend all the time! It's an open buffet for those who like the taste.
She's probably bisexual then. Or pansexual.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Spang wrote:Why do you keep spewing this nonsense? More than 50 billion animals are slaughtered every year for food. We're talking cows, pigs, chickens, etc. You know, the kind of food you people eat. Also, those animals that you eat, they need food, too. The harvesting of that food, like vegetables, kills animals. So, you're not only contributing to the slaughter of animals you eat, you're contributing to the slaughter of animals you don't eat when the food your food eats gets harvested and the food you do eat (vegetables) gets harvested.
Just because you believe that your food is harvested by monks hovering over magic fields with fairy wings doesn't make it so. The bykill to feed a vegetarian or vegan diet and other short and long term impacts is much larger than other diets. That you refuse to acknowledge it is irrelevant. More acreage, more fuel, more fertilizer, more pesticides, etc...

Unless you want to live on an agrarian commune; an omnivorous diet does more to meet your stated aim than the diet you've chosen. Just because it seems better doesn't mean it is, when you look past the surface it doesn't pan out so well.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aabidano wrote:The bykill to feed a vegetarian or vegan diet and other short and long term impacts is much larger than other diets.
That's absolute bullshit.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Spang wrote:
Aslanna wrote: Where did I mention anything about the grocery store?
It was implied when you stated that eating animals is "being part of the food chain."
Not by me it wasn't.

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Aabidano wrote: When you try to justify the moral decision via all sorts of farcical aquatic ceremonies is where you trip yourself up.
I laughed!
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nice Vegan scene from Grandma's Boy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22nTvH1WOSA
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

"I am too a vegetarian!, I only eat chicken and that's not meat"
Overheard that, made me laugh :)
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I haven't eaten an animal in 365 days.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Grats. You're such a better person than the rest of us heathen meat eaters. Want a cookie?

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

More like

Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Come on Spang, you need to show more dedication!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46477980?43001
COLUMBUS, Ohio — An Ohio woman who compared animal-welfare work to the liberation of World War II concentration camps has been charged with soliciting a hit man to fatally shoot or slit the throat of a random fur-wearer, federal authorities said.

Meredith Lowell, 27, of Cleveland Heights, appeared Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Cleveland, where a magistrate judge ordered her held by the U.S. Marshals Service pending a hearing next week, court records show. One of her defense attorneys, Walter Lucas, declined comment when reached by phone after the court appearance.

Investigators say the FBI was notified in November of a Facebook page Lowell created under the alias Anne Lowery offering $830 to $850 for the hit and saying the ideal candidate would live in northeast Ohio, according to an FBI affidavit filed with the court on Friday.

"I would like to create an online community on facebook whi8ch [sic] would allow me to find someone who is willing to kill someone wearing fur toward the end of October 2011 or early November 2011 or possibly in January 2012 or February 2012 at the latest," she wrote according to Cleveland.com.

'Bring a gun'
The affidavit says an FBI employee posing as a possible hit man later began email correspondence with Lowell, and she offered him $730 in jewelry or cash for the killing of a victim of at least 12 years but "preferably 14 years old or older" outside a library near a playground in her hometown.

"You need to bring a gun that has a silencer on it and that can be easily concealed in your pants pocket or coat. ... If you do not want to risk the possibility of getting caught with a gun before the job, bring a sharp knife that is (at least) 4 inches long, it should be sharp enough to stab someone and/or slit their throat to kill them. I want the person to be dead in less than 2 minutes," says an email reprinted in the affidavit.

According to Fox 8 Cleveland, the affidavit also alleges Lowell used computers at the Cleveland Heights Library to arrange the hit man.

She told the undercover employee she wanted to be on site when the slaying took place so she could distribute "papers" afterward, the affidavit says. She hoped to be arrested so she could call attention to her beliefs and to get out of the home she shared with her parents and brothers who eat meat and eggs and use fur, leather and wool, investigators said.
Reprinted emails also say Lowell wrote that she sees nothing wrong with "liberating" animals from fur factory farms and laboratories since "soldiers liberated people from Nazi camps in World War 2."
She also criticized a new aquarium in Cleveland — saying "it is wrong for animals to be taken against their will and put into their (equivalent) of a bathtub" — and research by the Cleveland Clinic, where she said animals should be "liberated and put somewhere where they are not tortured."

Jennifer Kaden, who co-founded the Cleveland Animal Rights Alliance with Amy Wagar Cinch, told Fox 8 Cleveland that she did not know Lowell.

"I'm appalled and horrified that somebody would think that committing violence is going to further a cause that is all about non-violence," Kaden told the TV channel.

"Humans are animals too, and we want everyone to live in a peaceful environment, not just non-human animals," Wagar Cinch added.

Lowell faces a hearing next Tuesday to determine whether she will be given the opportunity to post bail or be detained without bond pending resolution of the case.

The Associated Press and msnbc.com staff contributed to this report.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nazi madman Adolf Hitler craved cocaine and cars, farted uncontrollably due to his vegetarian diet and was injected with semen from young bulls to keep up with his curvy gal pal Eva Braun, according to a rarely seen and historic cache documents, X-rays and maps of the fuehrer's “Wolfs Lair” set for public auction next week.
The documents include the original 47-page classified report of Hitler’s health culled from post-war interviews with his six chief doctors and another 178-page report from one of the six physicians, Dr. Erwin Giesing, that include diaries of what he heard Hitler say, such as, “Churchill and Roosevelt are neither politically nor militarily a factor.”

The Hitler cache, which also includes his purchase papers of two Mercedes, is up for sale May 8-9 at Alexander Historical Auctions, a well-known seller of Americana and historical items. Firm President Bill Panagopulos told Secrets that the documents have rarely been publicly seen.

The classified doctor’s report includes several X-rays of Hitler’s skull and extensive details about his health. Panagopulos said it quotes Hitler doctor Theodore Morrell confirming that Hitler and Braun had sex though they slept in separate beds and that he was injected with semen from young bulls to spark his libido. Under the section “Sex Characteristics,” the classified report said:

“Sexual organs showed no indications of abnormality or pathology and secondary sex characteristics were normally developed. Hitler was very fond of the society of attractive women, particularly during the years of his rise to power. In later years his libido was apparently sublimated with the increase in...responsibility. Morrell believes that Hitler, although not strongly inclined to sexual activity, did have sexual intercourse with Eva Braun, though they were accustomed to sleep in separate beds.”

Panagopulos said the report also notes that Hitler “suffered from uncontrollable flatulence” due to his veggie diet, something the German leader took pills for.

The longer report from Giesing noted Hitler’s cocaine use to clear his sinuses and that the doctor had to cut the dosage because the father of the “Final Solution” craved it because it made him happy.

Giesing’s papers include his hand drawn map of the Wolf’s Den, Hitler’s eastern World War II hideout and site of an attempted 1944 assassination that showed where the Fuhrer Bunker was as well as the cabins reserved for his henchmen Hermann Goring and Martin Bormann.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/ ... ed-cocaine

Inject yourself with bull semen
Be a vegan
Snort lots of coke

Be the next Hitler!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Hitler had a mustache. Grow a mustache and you could be the next genocidal maniac.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote:Hitler had a mustache. Grow a mustache and you could be the next genocidal maniac.
Maybe, if it was one of those little skinny "Hitler" staches. Why do you think people don't grow them like that?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Winnow wrote:Maybe, if it was one of those little skinny "Hitler" staches. Why do you think people don't grow them like that?
Because it's synonymous with Hitler. Michael Jordan had a Hitler 'stache for a bit, and as far anyone knows, he hasn't tried to exterminate a people.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote:
Winnow wrote:Maybe, if it was one of those little skinny "Hitler" staches. Why do you think people don't grow them like that?
Because it's synonymous with Hitler. Michael Jordan had a Hitler 'stache for a bit, and as far anyone knows, he hasn't tried to exterminate a people.
His wasn't the same, it looked more like pubes growing on his face. Plus, Jordan has ears which stick out far from his head. Hitler did not have this distinctive feature. Totally different.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

How can you tell if someone is a vegan?

Don't worry, they will fucking tell you.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

2 days ago I dunked live lobsters head first into boiling water. Having to kill your own food is always a bit of a sobering experience. My 8yo daughter was highly intrigued and had a lot of empathy for them. It was very interesting to talk to her about it.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Did she talk with her mouth full? :P
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

miir wrote:How can you tell if someone is a vegan?

Don't worry, they will fucking tell you.

Brav-fucking-o
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Cantaloupes kill.. Again! These melons sure don't like humans. Probably for killing and eating all their friends and relatives.
Federal and state health officials are warning consumers not to eat cantaloupe grown in southwestern Indiana after an outbreak of salmonella food poisoning that has led to 141 illnesses and two deaths in 20 states.

At least 31 people have been hospitalized in connection with infections caused by salmonella Typhimurium tied to contaminated melons, the Centers for Disease Control reported late Friday. Illnesses have been reported from July 7 to Aug. 4, although those that occurred after July 26 may not be included yet.

Investigators said cantaloupes grown in the southwestern Indiana region were the likely source of the outbreak. Kentucky laboratory officials isolated the outbreak strain from two melons collected at a retail location in that state. The deaths were reported in Kentucky.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

All cases of salmonella food poisoning originate from animals.
Canoe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Canoe »

Spang wrote:All cases of salmonella food poisoning originate from animals.
Boy that's a twisted way of thinking for a "vegan". If it weren't for the process by which the veges (or fruit in this case) gets salmonella, your kind wouldn't survive (Vegetables need fertilization to grow,.... if you weren't aware).

Salmonella poisoning from vegetables is usually from the fertilizer used - all natural fertilizer - not chemical - so yes coming from animals -but the way "Vegans" would want it to be - no one killing anyone, they're just pooping on your food (like they do all vegetables - that's how they grow).
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Canoe wrote:Boy that's a twisted way of thinking for a "vegan".
It's a fact. All cases of salmonella food poisoning originate from animals.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Nice that hipster vegetarians are now leaving people in other countries hungry
But there is an unpalatable truth to face for those of us with a bag of quinoa in the larder. The appetite of countries such as ours for this grain has pushed up prices to such an extent that poorer people in Peru and Bolivia, for whom it was once a nourishing staple food, can no longer afford to eat it. Imported junk food is cheaper. In Lima, quinoa now costs more than chicken. Outside the cities, and fuelled by overseas demand, the pressure is on to turn land that once produced a portfolio of diverse crops into quinoa monoculture.

In fact, the quinoa trade is yet another troubling example of a damaging north-south exchange, with well-intentioned health and ethics-led consumers here unwittingly driving poverty there. It's beginning to look like a cautionary tale of how a focus on exporting premium foods can damage the producer country's food security. Feeding our apparently insatiable 365-day-a-year hunger for this luxury vegetable, Peru has also cornered the world market in asparagus. Result? In the arid Ica region where Peruvian asparagus production is concentrated, this thirsty export vegetable has depleted the water resources on which local people depend. NGOs report that asparagus labourers toil in sub-standard conditions and cannot afford to feed their children while fat cat exporters and foreign supermarkets cream off the profits. That's the pedigree of all those bunches of pricy spears on supermarket shelves.

But in the case of quinoa, there's a ghastly irony when the Andean peasant's staple grain becomes too expensive at home because it has acquired hero product status among affluent foreigners preoccupied with personal health, animal welfare and reducing their carbon "foodprint". Viewed through a lens of food security, our current enthusiasm for quinoa looks increasingly misplaced.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Yes, because only vegetarians -- a small minority in every developed society -- consume quinoa.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I suggest reading The Rational Optimist by Matt Ridley.

Here's 10 minutes near the beginning of the book:

(4.5 mb mp3 file)

If you want more, go here:

http://www.veeshanvault.org/forums/view ... 10&t=26121

It's a good listen (or read). The author doesn't claim to be right about everything and you may not agree with everything he says. I don't especially near the end of the book, but he will sure set you straight on some of the bullshit that comes out of Spang. Spang's an idiot. A true retard. (one of the few times I actually mean retard when I type it) He's a short bus kid desperately trying to find a cause. Voted most likely to be part of a mass suicide cult.

The book addresses genetically modified crops which is on topic for this thread. He also spends quite a bit of time on energy.
Life is getting better—and at an accelerating rate. Food availability, income, and life span are up; disease, child mortality, and violence are down — all across the globe. Though the world is far from perfect, necessities and luxuries alike are getting cheaper; population growth is slowing; Africa is following Asia out of poverty; the Internet, the mobile phone, and container shipping are enriching people’s lives as never before. The pessimists who dominate public discourse insist that we will soon reach a turning point and things will start to get worse. But they have been saying this for two hundred years.

Yet Matt Ridley does more than describe how things are getting better. He explains why. Prosperity comes from everybody working for everybody else. The habit of exchange and specialization—which started more than 100,000 years ago—has created a collective brain that sets human living standards on a rising trend. The mutual dependence, trust, and sharing that result are causes for hope, not despair.

This bold book covers the entire sweep of human history, from the Stone Age to the Internet, from the stagnation of the Ming empire to the invention of the steam engine, from the population explosion to the likely consequences of climate change. It ends with a confident assertion that thanks to the ceaseless capacity of the human race for innovative change, and despite inevitable disasters along the way, the twenty-first century will see both human prosperity and natural biodiversity enhanced. Acute, refreshing, and revelatory, The Rational Optimist will change your way of thinking about the world for the better.
It's a good starting point to get a handle on where we've come and where we're heading. It also tends to reinforce how spoiled we've become compared to even the recent past.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Winnow wrote:Spang's an idiot. A true retard. (one of the few times I actually mean retard when I type it) He's a short bus kid desperately trying to find a cause. Voted most likely to be part of a mass suicide cult.
Says the moron who thinks Lincoln actually freed the slaves.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Spang wrote:Yes, because only vegetarians -- a small minority in every developed society -- consume quinoa.
Yes. That is true. Because I saw a video of it on the internet. Therefore.. SCIENCE!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote: Says the moron who thinks Lincoln actually freed the slaves.
Go ahead and quote where I said that.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Don't worry Aslanna, he's just mad because his canned food didn't stay still as he was trying to eat it off of a street kid's half-mast winkie.
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Crazy PETA at it again.. Wanting to sue people who make comments on the internet!
The animal rights group PETA is hunting down personal information for anonymous commenters who allegedly defamed the organization by lambasting its pet euthanasia policy on the Huffington Post, according to a new Manhattan civil lawsuit.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the court to release names, email addresses, phone numbers, and other private details about three bloggers who reacted to an April 2 posting by a no-kill shelter advocate that's received almost 5,000 comments and 240,000 "likes" on Facebook.

The missive, "SHOCKING PHOTOS: PETA's Secret Slaughter of Kittens, Puppies," purportedly shows dead and dying pets at the group's Virginia headquarters.

The suit quotes "ambersomerville" on April 8 calling the group “animal Kevorkians.”

PETA needs to identify the anonymous commenters to bring a lawsuit against them.

A spokesman for Huffington Post declined to talk about pending litigation.

--
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

allegedly defamed the organization
:shock:
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

This was one of the better threads of the past few years. Probably the last too as there's really not that many people left posting here!

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

You're welcome.