Which sex is worse behind the wheel?

What do you think about the world?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: Which sex is worse behind the wheel?

Post by Boogahz »

I bet you are also invisible when you close your eyes...
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:I bet you are also invisible when you close your eyes...
HAHA YEAH! That's totally right, I mean, why would I have my doubts about reports formed off of tickets given by and information collected from cops, which are dirty fucking worthless lying shitheels that don't deserve to be taken seriously!? I'm totally out of my mind!

P.S. Not that I take anything back I've said, cause I still mean it all.. But I quit smoking again a few days ago and I've got such a bad temper that I think the wind changing direction could infuriate me to the point of going postal. So we can keep this going as long as you hookers want :)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

The information was not compiled by cops. Try reading for once.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:The information was not compiled by cops. Try reading for once.
You may want to take your own advice, sir.
I said wrote:about reports formed off of tickets given by and information collected from cops
From last article in your list wrote:Data for this report are drawn from the long-form traffic crash reports filed by police officers investigating
traffic crashes, which occurred in Florida during the period 1988-1997. These data include traffic
violations involving running red lights, improper passing, overtaking on the right, improper lane change,
failing to yield, improper turn/wrong lane, running a stop sign, careless driving, following too closely, and
excessive speed (Table 1) reported on the long form at the investigating officers’ discretion. This report
considers the violations listed in Table 1 as indicators of aggressive driving. In order to examine the
consequences of aggressive driving, those violations involving crashes (Table 2), injuries (Table 3), and
fatalities (Table 4) were included.
Not to mention that directly or indirectly this is where all the info the other reports you linked is coming from. Some of the info was based off of accidents and tickets that cops gave out but was presented by the insurance companies.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Where do you THINK that crash information is going to come from? Other agencies compiled the crash information, ticket information, driver surveys, etc. which I linked. You are the one that said there was no doubt that drivers going too slow for YOU in the left lane contributed to more accidents than others. You have yet to show anything which would prove this.
It's people like you that are the highest contributing factor to shitty traffic and accidents.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:Where do you THINK that crash information is going to come from? Other agencies compiled the crash information, ticket information, driver surveys, etc. which I linked. You are the one that said there was no doubt that drivers going too slow for YOU in the left lane contributed to more accidents than others. You have yet to show anything which would prove this.
It's people like you that are the highest contributing factor to shitty traffic and accidents.
Well, I find cops to be amongst the most untrustworthy people in the world, so tickets given and accident statements/assessments written by them are next to worthless, imo.

I would even kick it up a notch and say that if so many pussies weren't such "defensive" drivers and didn't get scared by the big bad aggressive driver that's passing them in the right lane, etc, we'd have even less issues. I remember reading about places in Europe that require much more aggressive behind the wheel training before getting licensed, this would be a good idea for the US. Just because so many people have made the mental association that speed=bad doesn't make it true.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Funkmasterr wrote: I said nothing about fault. Right or wrong is beside the point here. I get that's too hard to understand for you and you just like to fucking annoy me, however if it happens, which you are basically acknowledging, then they are contributing to a variety of factors that make the roads less safe. Your point couldn't have been any less relevant..
With that narrowed scope I can see why you think you have a point, you still don't.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Zaelath wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote: I said nothing about fault. Right or wrong is beside the point here. I get that's too hard to understand for you and you just like to fucking annoy me, however if it happens, which you are basically acknowledging, then they are contributing to a variety of factors that make the roads less safe. Your point couldn't have been any less relevant..
With that narrowed scope I can see why you think you have a point, you still don't.
You're right, stupid, paranoid/nervous people are not a danger at all. They totally have a right to be in everyone's way, to inconvenience and irritate them when it is completely and irrefutably unnecessary. Maybe you guys should go have a conversation with a fucking basketball or something, maybe you'll be able to convince it that you aren't being a total retard.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Funkmasterr wrote:You're right, stupid, paranoid/nervous people are not a danger at all.
I don't believe that anyone has said that. The problem people have is with your claims that your gut feeling (that slow drivers are at fault for more accidents and are more of a hazard than excessively fast, aggressive drivers) is irrefutable. This problem that people have is compounded when they look at actual statistics that prove your gut feeling wrong.

There are reasons - besides the occurrence of theft - why sports cars and other high-performance vehicles are more expensive to insure, and one of the big ones is their high speeds. There is also a reason why men under the age of 25 are more expensive to insure, and your behavior in this (and other) thread is a pretty textbook illustration of why that is. (You may be over 25 now, but the point remains)

I regularly break the speed limit and can assure you that slow drivers frustrate me nearly as badly as they do you. But you're lying to yourself if you say that it's safer to drive fast. You're just impatient (so am I), and those drivers don't owe us anything.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sylvus wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:You're right, stupid, paranoid/nervous people are not a danger at all.
I don't believe that anyone has said that. The problem people have is with your claims that your gut feeling (that slow drivers are at fault for more accidents and are more of a hazard than excessively fast, aggressive drivers) is irrefutable. This problem that people have is compounded when they look at actual statistics that prove your gut feeling wrong.

There are reasons - besides the occurrence of theft - why sports cars and other high-performance vehicles are more expensive to insure, and one of the big ones is their high speeds. There is also a reason why men under the age of 25 are more expensive to insure, and your behavior in this (and other) thread is a pretty textbook illustration of why that is. (You may be over 25 now, but the point remains)

I regularly break the speed limit and can assure you that slow drivers frustrate me nearly as badly as they do you. But you're lying to yourself if you say that it's safer to drive fast. You're just impatient (so am I), and those drivers don't owe us anything.
I honestly don't buy that. Driving in control of your car (safe) can be done at any speed, depending on capability of the person driving and the car they are driving. Other people on the road do need to learn how to deal with people driving like that on the road, instead of just freaking out.

Furthermore, I wouldn't even be bothered enough to bring this up if the people I'm talking about would use one of the other multiple fucking lanes on the highway to take a leisurely stroll. If you don't want to go 10-15 over the speed limit minimum on a 2 lane or bigger highway, stay out of the left lane.

While we're at it.. Riddle me this: Since it has been really cold (couple weeks now), no one seems to want to drive faster than like 35-45 mph, no matter what road it is on. There has not been ice on the highways and most side streets in two weeks now, and even if there was there is so much salt on the road that even black ice sticks out like a sore thumb.. WTF!?
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Funk, I think a pack of cigarettes might solve your issue. :)
- Ash
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Ashur wrote:Funk, I think a pack of cigarettes might solve your issue. :)
Dude, it is so hard not to right now. It is being amplified by the massive retards I work with. I think I might end up buckling.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Should your buckling involve bulking:

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Evil.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Oh I see what's going on here.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Funk, part of the problem is you're making a massive blanket statement that IS false in a lot of situations and some have already been touched on in reference to the winter driving shit.

You live in Minnesota. How many months of the year do you deal with shitty winter roads? Do you know what black ice is? You should know what snow accumulation and drifting can do to roads. There is a marked difference in hitting that shit at speed vs driving slower (hint: faster IS bad). Conversely on icy roads, sometimes you need speed (momentum) to make it up a hill vs spinning out but those situations are generally far fewer than those where speed helps.

Speed also impacts the severity of injuries in collisions because it impacts the momentum involved and the force transferred. Thats jr. high school physics (I think we touched Newton's laws in the 8th or 9th grade when I was in school).

Now personally I don't think speed is the be-all and end-all cause of accidents. I have a bunch of speeding tickets I've collected over the years to say I'm not one to scold speeders for being impatient. I think some fuckhead yapping on cell is more dangerous in most cases than someone going 10-15 mph faster than the posted limit and men are just as bad about it as women are. Too many drivers don't pay attention to WTF they are doing and thats the biggest cause of accidents IMO.
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

:vv_yeahthat:
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It's that time of year again.. .If you live in Minnesota and don't like driving 55+ mph in 4 inches of snow ('physics'? What's that?) it's best to just stay home and leave the roads clear for Funk!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Funk wrote:Read this next part very carefully, because you clearly don't understand it. Your comfort level is not relevant, what you want doesn't matter, and what you think doesn't matter, no one cares nor should it have any impact on traffic. You don't have some undeniable right to be in other peoples way because you aren't comfortable driving faster or being elsewhere. You move at the speed of traffic, no slower, or you get the fuck out of the way. Otherwise, when someone road rages on you because you won't get the fuck out of the way, you couldn't possibly deserve what you get more.
┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I still dont feel like a good chunk of people should be able to drive in the snow. Outside of rush hour times, though, most people do drive the speed limit regardless of how much snow there is.

The main thing to adjust when driving in the snow is the distance you're following the person I. Front of you at, not your speed. Driving the speed limit or faster in the snow has worked fine for me for around 15 years now, I haven't been involved in or caused any accidents because of it, but what do I know.

Bottom line, if you arent comfortable driving in any particular situation, be it a high speed road in the middle of the summer, or a 55mph highway with a foot of snow on it, you shouldn't be driving in that situation.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Bottom line, if you arent comfortable driving in any particular situation, be it a high speed road in the middle of the summer, or a 55mph highway with a foot of snow on it, you shouldn't be driving in that situation.
Please write me a note so I can give to my boss explaining why I wont be in on a snow day. Thanks!

Bottom line: When conditions are shit don't be a jerk to the person in front of you because it means you will make it home 10 minutes later than usual.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Pretty sure in the post you quoted I made a comment about not following as close. Second, if conditions are bad here it can mean a 4 hour drive home for me when it would normally be 40 minutes at worst with traffic, all unnecessarily. And while you might not having something better to do with that 3 and a half hours of your day, I sure as fuck do.

And if you aren't comfortable driving, take a bus, a train, a taxi, I really don't give a shit, just spare those of us that aren't terrified of precipitation your presence.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I think I'll just do what I've always do and just drive at the speed I think is safe for conditions at the time. If the person behind me doesn't agree that's their problem. Not mine.

Thanks for the advice, though!

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Without having read any other posts in this thread, I'd say the Asian Sex.
en kærlighed småkager
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

To get a license here in Denmark, a half-day track course in slippery conditions is mandatory. I actually think a biannual refresher course should be, as well.

And no, faster isn't safer. Faster means less reaction time, longer break length, less margin of error, greater chance of spinning out and losing control of the car. All faster does is increase the chance that if[/] you get unlucky and get into an accident, you won't have to worry about the physical rehab from your three compound fractures. Because you'll be dead.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Funkmasterr wrote:And while you might not having something better to do with that 3 and a half hours of your day, I sure as fuck do.
Like what? Spend hours on a message board or play one of your 100+ xbox games? Give me a break.