Should have stuck with Deadpool, Ryan!
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Green Lantern

Post by Fairweather Pure »

The trailers feel like I'm watching a video game CGI trailer. I'll check it out once it hits DVD. It's too bad it's getting poor reviews though :(
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I've now had a chance to read some audience reviews and reactions. Wow, this movie is not going over well. I haven't read a single good opinion. I was hoping that audience opinion would prop the movie up a bit, but absolutely not.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Have any DC comic-movies (aside of the Goddamn Baman's and 70's Supperman) been good, ever?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I figured this one would bomb as soon as they mentioned how friggin' much of it would be CGI. What I've seen in previews and specials make it look like at least 3rd rate animations.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I don't know much about Green lantern. I'm looking forward to objectively comparing this to First Class. I'll be like the unfortunate people that viewed First Class, not being familiar with the X-Men history, thinking it was a good movie.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Winnow wrote:I don't know much about Green lantern. I'm looking forward to objectively comparing this to First Class. I'll be like the unfortunate people that viewed First Class, not being familiar with the X-Men history, thinking it was a good movie.
I have yet to see you do anything objectively. Looking forward to seeing it for the first time!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Here's a pretty in depth Green Lantern Primer:

http://io9.com/5812496/

I'm not going to read it yet so I can remain unbiased going into the movie for my objective review!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

6.5/10

The good:

Some funny lines in the movie. Good summer big screen action movie. Lots of use of powers. Ryan Reynolds did a good job. Chick from Gossip Girl didn't detract from the movie which is a good thing.

The bad:

Some of the script looked like it came straight out of the movie Top Gun. You'll understand when you see it. Mostly poor script except for some funny lines. You don't really give a shit about the "villain". Not much character development on the bad side of things. The evil force is one step away above being "smoke" from Lost.

Overall:

For a Hero movie is wasn't half bad. Didn't know much about green lantern going into the movie and it didn't make me want to know more. It entertained in the summer movie sense. Worth a rewatch at some point.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

It's official. Winnow only likes shit movies.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I was excited for this, disappointed it's getting shit on :( I'll skip it until I can dl it.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

masteen wrote:It's official. Winnow only likes shit movies.
Sure sounds like it. I wouldn't see this nonsense looking thing if it were free, because the time wasted is not.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I gave it a 6.5/10

I said it wasn't "half bad" which would require a rating higher than 5. It was better than First Class IMO for "rewatchability" (that's not a word) if I was forced to do so.

Everyone's personal rating scale varies but for me, I typically wouldn't watch anything again that would be equivalent to something I would rate below an 8.

I did say "worth a rewatch at some point" in my post. I suppose that's more for me as I didn't go to the theaters to watch this one and probably missed out on the impact of some of the special effects.

I probably do like more than my share of specialty interest movies that rate below your acceptable rotten tomato ratings. Other than that, it's all personal opinion. My favorite all time movie is rated a 45 on metacritic!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Blake Lively in her office.suit was best :)

Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

So I recognize the name from old cartoons or something, but the movie really, really looks stupid! Were they trying to turn away moviegoers that are not aware of the history of the character?
en kærlighed småkager
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

My wife and i saw this about 2 weeks ago and both really enjoyed it.