What do you think about the world?
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Obama is the next great evil like Bush

Post by Sabek »

"Obama approves extension of expiring Patriot Act provisions"

Why am I surprised no one here is railing on Obama for extending the Patriot Act, when they railed night and day on Bush for putting them in place?

Guess we can stick this one in the basket with "I will shutdown Gitmo"

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/05/27/ ... tml?hpt=T2
Sabek
Just Sabek
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Obama is the next great evil like Bush

Post by Winnow »

Libs. lol! Pick and choose!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Speaking as an anti-democracy supporter, it surprises that intelligent people (damn near everybody left on VV) still see anything in a red or blue sense, when color has nothing to do with...... ahh fuck it.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

What I find most appalling isn't that he signed it; it's how blithely the senate democrats did the end-around to stifle debate. Less than a year after somehow not being able to shut down the GOP's antics on health care reform, despite having the majority.

Ron Paul is right: both sides are pretty much the same. The only question is "Would you like a side of fundamentalism with your facism?"
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Sabek wrote:"Obama approves extension of expiring Patriot Act provisions"

Why am I surprised no one here is railing on Obama for extending the Patriot Act, when they railed night and day on Bush for putting them in place?

Guess we can stick this one in the basket with "I will shutdown Gitmo"

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/05/27/ ... tml?hpt=T2
I emphasized the part that matters to me. Once something like this is in place, it's almost impossible to take back. Same with Gitmo. Same with invading other countries. Same with tax breaks for the wealthy. The Patriot Act is just one of several areas where Obama floated towards the right. I'm disappointed for sure, but there are all sorts of areas where I do not agree with this administration. I'm still mostly upset at the fact he has not fixed all the shit Bush and Co. fucked up. Granted, it's a huge list, but I feel the Obama Admistration could be doing more. I'll still vote for him again because he isn't driving our country headlong into a wall like the Bush Administration was doing. It's more like we're coasting now and we can see the wall in the distance.

As far as it not being posted, there is a fucking shitload of political, technical, and general Internet chatter that no longer gets posted here. I mean, we probably have a dozen posters now, so excuse us if we no longer get around to posting everything relevant to your interests.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I almost typed that I don't care, but that's not true. It's more that I feel like getting up in arms about any of this shit anymore is a waste of energy that I could use to get laid or ride my motorcycle.

The politicians in this country aren't even pretending they care about us anymore, and why should they, what are we going to do about it? Drawing lines between democrat and republican is just a way for them to cinch that blindfold they've pulled down over the collective eyes of this country nice and tight.

Obviously some politicians are worse than others, but really, what degree of greed and blatant disregard for what is right is ok because they are doing a few things right?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

You guys could be doing a lot worse than Obama.
It seems now your country is at least starting to pointed in the right direction.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

I'm just not terribly surprised by it. I only reluctantly vote for Democrats as being the lesser of two turbo-fucked evils, but as I have said time and time again, they don't even come close to representing me ideologically. It's hard to get all outraged and pissed off that the guy you expected to be only a marginal improvement over Bush is, in fact, a marginal improvement over Bush.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey