Call of Duty: Black Ops

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:Man this game looks like total shit... It looks worse than World At War which was a pretty crappy looking game 2 years ago.
Played a bit of the single player and watched a friend play multplayer.

I was originally considering picking it up, but now I have no desire to play it at all.
Are we playing the same game? I mean, it's not the best thing out there but I don't think it's bad.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

miir wrote:It was on 360, moron.
So all of a sudden Miir cares about frames per second, texture resolutions, AA, lighting, transparencies, ect? Aren't you the same guy that constantly screams at the top of his lungs that no one cares about those things?!? So what happened to cause such a drastic change? Did you get a 360 and suddenly realize how badly the PS3 is at rendering the exact same games? Oh wait, I think I have a better answer... You are a fucking hypocrite.

Between your arguments and complaints about graphic details and your always incorrect PS3 superior sales figures, you represent the worst case scenario of what a fanboi can be. Always wrong in real life, but always correct in your own head.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It's like a goddamn stick figure! Hideous! Avert your eyes!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Looks like I hit that one out of the park. :lol:

But seriously... visually and gameplay wise, this game doesn't really seem to be much of an update.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I don't think it was supposed to be an update in that area. I am pretty sure it was just supposed to be the next step in the franchise to generate more sales (which I think they just won at) and somewhat fix the multiplayer fiasco that Infinity Ward created.

My only complaints with the game are the RC car and the server matchmaking for parties is atrocious. You can forget getting a group of 6 in a game. Every camping idiot in the game has that car. Luckily many of the people who use them have issues stringing together 3 kills.

The server situation needs fixed quickly. If the local matchmaking feature actually worked, it would not be so bad. I can tell immediately if there is a Canadian or European in the room because all of a sudden it is taking a full clip to kill one person. Canadians exit the room and people drop when they are supposed to.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Those little cars are nearly as popular as I thought they would be. And you're right that the people that use to them cannot seem to get a decent kill streak going (that's why I use them!). I'm really glad that the game is not dominated by kill streak rewards anymore.

I also agree that the matchmaking isn't nearly as good as, say, W@W right now. Maybe it's still just overloaded or something? No idea but they need to fix that shit. Damn the maps are so good! I have a hard time choosing a favorite.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

The RC cars are fucking gay, I'm so sick and tired of that punk shit. Getting the Turtle Beach headset I'm getting should help, I can almost always hear them when they are nearby but I can't tell what direction they are from me.

I'm not sure what my favorite map is, but I call tell you with the utmost certainty that Nuketown and Jungle are both horrible fucking maps. Horrible.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I stopped using the Turtle Beaches on it. On MW1, I could hear footsteps plain as day with them...in this game nada. It seems like the regular speakers show up the sounds of that gay car and all the other sounds better....at least for me.

I am loving me some Jungle! My best game to date was on that map. They wanted the A flag real real bad....I determined to not let them have it. A 15 kill streak and 2 Cobra copters later, they finally got me out of it. Got credit for 12 defense medals just from that spot.

In all seriousness, you simply cannot run and gun at the speed I am used to with MW1. In MW1 I used nothing but the MP5 and could basically run through people....it is not so here. I have had to slow down a bit and work them down with stuns and Semtex with the Famas cleaning up the messes. Scavenger Pro is a real must have!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Jungle is too busy for me, I don't like that at almost any point on the map there are like 20 spots someone could come at you from. This makes the map particularly frustrating and shitty on hardcore modes.

I still maintain that Nuke town is flat out poor design. People that play this game don't need any more reasons than they already have to play like complete coward shitheads.

I tried a few wager matches and was appalled by the pathetic lows people will stoop to to win a game. It makes me sick.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Nuketown is very pure. You can flank, but only from one side. You can get high ground, but there's only one upstairs on each side. You can use a decoy grenade for an extra second of safety to cap B, but you still can't do it alone. Nuketown rewards well-prepared squads with grenade savvy. I usually die once every 4 or 5 seconds, most of the time with a kill or two under my belt. That adds up to a lot of points, which eases the frustration.

Jungle is fun. It's easy to anticipate where the enemy will come from. I usually straddle between A and B, and get several kills in defense of either or both.

My favorite is Radiation (!). As a rule, I only play Domination, and I usually only kill whenever I'm forced to, as I'm completely obsessed with capping flags. In Radiation, if you stay under ground you can quickly go back and forth between all three flags. In one round, by the time I'd cap A, the enemy had capped C so I'd just sprint back and cap that, and so on. By the end of the round I had 16 caps, a personal record I doubt I'll beat in the near future.

The RC cars are really easy to shoot. 100 points.

Death Machine is badass.

Most of the snow levels suck.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Sixth, I hope I run into Fairweather so I can abuse his ass!
A fucking easy difficulty AI bot with my name over it would rape you.
You were wrong. I went all Roethlisberger on a sorority house against a team of you last night.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I downloaded and played the first map pack. Very interesting mix IMO.

Berlin Wall is a sniper's paradise (for now at least). I think this is my favorite map so far as far as the look and feel.

Kowloon is very run and gun. The zip line is actually useful, but people watch it all the time so the chances of you dieing while trying to use it are pretty good. Very close second for my favorite out of the new maps.

Discovery is another snow map that is fairly open in the middle, but clustered with buildings and terrain on the sides. People tended to get stuck in the open, middle outdoor area and forget they can flank pretty easily. I took a flank almost every time because trying to survive in the middle was a little rough. I like the height advantage on the bridge for this map when I did try the center.

Stadium was pretty chaotic the 2 times I played it. It's kind of like Nuke Town in it's fast play style. I'll need to try some new load outs for this map because I couldn't get a good feel for it during my brief playtime and I died fast and often.

I haven't played the zombie map, but it looks fucking nuts. Zombie astronaut monkeys. I'm not sure what else needs to be said...

Overall I notice a reprieve for snipers in this map pack. Sniping in the normal game is pretty fucking difficult IMO. You can tell these are made by Treyarch because they're extremely solid, with variety and multiple levels of play throughout each map.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I played all but Stadium yesterday. So far the only one I would ever care to see again would be Berlin Wall. I didn't see Berlin Wall being a big sniping map though...maybe a couple of spots that would cater to it but those can be avoided.

Discovery = a big hunk of shit. It is going to be nothing but people sitting at the ends of the long stretches waiting to get cheap kills. Horrible map for objective based games.

Kowloon also pretty well sucked. Just too much time jumping around boxes and stuff only to be killed by people again just sitting in windows. It really felt like one of the maps we hated in MW2.

It seemed like they sat around designing maps where the camping types could sit in windows and just stare down from all directions on the Domination flags. I can see an awful lot of people that I play with playing these for a week and then deleting them so they can't ever come up in the rotation again.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I only played TDM games, no experience with Domination yet.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

DM is a whole different ballgame than Dom. I prefer Domination to most other game types because it promotes having to move and function as a team to win. The other element of that game that I like is that if you have a good team, you can dictate the action if you are aggressive early and lock down lanes.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I really like Domination too, but for different reasons. I like knowing where the action is always going to be focused. Often in TDM you wander around looking for a fight. With Domination you attack and defend which has a better flow IMO. I like that once you know the locations well, you know where the campers will be and where the enemy will likely be coming from. I also like the fact that kill/death ratio has no meaning. It's all about points instead! I do hate losing and seeing a guy on my side with 30 kills, 5 deaths, and no captures or defends. Retards need to learn what is important in Domination games.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well you put it in different words about Dom than I did, but that is really the same meaning I was going for. If you play smart you dictate where the action takes place and you can focus on that. We played the new maps pretty extensively last night with a solid group and have been finding those spots and key points that you need to control. Discovery for instance I found a spot that can control B and a good chunk of the left side if you have the A flag. Berlin also has some sneaky spots where you can really screw people up and keep them off of B from both sides. Seemed the key there was the liberal use of WP and Nova or just gaying it up entirely and running Flak Jacket.

They really just need to bring back Bog from COD4 and maybe Wetworks!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I disagree that domination is any different than tdm. If you have an entire team of friends, then yes, but most people don't typically have that. Otherwise it's just tdm with higher kill counts.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

:vv_BANGHEAD2:
Funkmasterr wrote:I disagree that domination is any different than tdm. If you have an entire team of friends, then yes, but most people don't typically have that. Otherwise it's just tdm with higher kill counts.
:vv_signlol:
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Leonaerd wrote::vv_BANGHEAD2:
Funkmasterr wrote:I disagree that domination is any different than tdm. If you have an entire team of friends, then yes, but most people don't typically have that. Otherwise it's just tdm with higher kill counts.
I just saw this, but yeah, holy shit. Domination isn't like TDM at all. Just last night I was the top player during a particular match. I had 26 deaths, 6 kills. The opposing team's best player had 35 kills and 4 deaths. We won, they lost (and it wasn't even close). I had almost 3x the experience he did. He was playing it wrong. I'm happy when those idiots aren't on my team!

I never play with friends. I'm random every single time with total strangers.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I had 26 deaths, 6 kills.
You die a lot.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Yup! But I get the control point, a lot.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

I'm just happy you guys are spelling a lot correctly!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I can't say that I have gone 6-26, but there are times when I have gone under the .500 mark taking flags in rooms with the kill-campers.If you went 6-26 methinks you may have gone about taking the flags in a poorly thought out manner :-P

Closing in on flag cap 5000!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Leonaerd wrote::vv_BANGHEAD2:
I just saw this, but yeah, holy shit. Domination isn't like TDM at all. Just last night I was the top player during a particular match. I had 26 deaths, 6 kills. The opposing team's best player had 35 kills and 4 deaths. We won, they lost (and it wasn't even close). I had almost 3x the experience he did. He was playing it wrong. I'm happy when those idiots aren't on my team!

I never play with friends. I'm random every single time with total strangers.
Not sure that we're playing the same game then. When I have played domination in any Call of Duty game, what I said has without argument been the case in 9 of 10 games. That doesn't mean there aren't a couple of people going for flags between the two teams, but if the majority of people are kill camping (which they most certainly are), it wrecks it.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

It is worth arguing, because not only are most people not camping, but if you're getting killed by campers a lot then you're probably playing predictably and not taking the time or effort to judge where enemies are likely to be.

You almost certainly don't yet grasp the kind of strategy required to excel at Domination, as your polarized argument shows.

I imagine you play similarly to a zombie gorilla, bulldozing in straight lines as your blood pressure reacts with inverse proportion to your k/d ratio.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I played Domination today, and some guy runs a goddamn train on us on Jungle. When the match was over, he had 68 kills, zero deaths. It was a goddamn massacre. He killed me 18 times. I have never seen so many chopper gunners and gunships EVER in this game. Since the map was so small, I would spawn and die, spawn and die, spawn and die, over and over again. I couldn't even take 2 steps or switch to my launcher. It was the most frustrating game I have ever played.

That is until...

So, a second match starts and we get WMD. I was praying that I would be on his team, but I wasn't. So, the match starts and I'm determined not to let this guy farm me again. Bam, dead. Headshot from across the fucking map by the same guy, with just iron sights. I swear I was a fucking pixel on his screen and he one shot me with an iron sighted AK-47. I respawn, run 30 yards, BAM, headshot from 2nd level middle building, same guy. Repeat x a million. This motherfucker was unstoppable. He was everywhere I was except the exact opposite. If I was scanning up, he was laying on the ground shooting my legs. If I scanned eye level, he was in a building shooting down. I have never raged before in a game until this one. I was livid. Worse yet was that he seemed to know in advance where I was. It's like he would shoot before I turned a corner and I would walk into the bullets. He one shot me with headshots almost every single time, no matter the distance involved.

I'm pretty sure his kill streaks were Blackbird (8), Chopper Gunner (9), Gunship (11). His gun was silenced AK-47. I want to say his first perk was Hardline, but honestly I think it was Ghost Pro.

Anyway, his plan was obviously to get 8 kills, then just rape the entire map by himself with chopper gunner and gunship. His team mates batted cleanup. He was not on a team and had no mic.

We get to the 3rd match and I finally get on his team. He dominates the map so bad (Hanoi) that I seriously have no one to kill. I was basically running around just looking for someone to fight. The opposing team spent the entire match trying to hide from this guy's barrage of killstreak rewards. They were easy pickings when I found them. I actually switched to my Scavanger load out just so I could chuck grenades and run over the corpses he killed to refill and chuck more grenades. I just threw grenades in windows and hallways and got multikills because everyone was trying to hide from his killstreak rewards.

I quit for the day after that. Fuck people that dominate games like that! And for the first time ever in this game, fuck those OP killstreak rewards.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Leonaerd wrote:It is worth arguing, because not only are most people not camping, but if you're getting killed by campers a lot then you're probably playing predictably and not taking the time or effort to judge where enemies are likely to be.

You almost certainly don't yet grasp the kind of strategy required to excel at Domination, as your polarized argument shows.

I imagine you play similarly to a zombie gorilla, bulldozing in straight lines as your blood pressure reacts with inverse proportion to your k/d ratio.
:lol:

Whatever you say dude. I am not making this observation based on my kill count or k/d ratio, I'm making it based on seeing damn near everyone on both teams have kill counts through the roof, and having to repeatedly ask anyone that's not in my party why they aren't anywhere remotely near the places they should be.

Don't listen to me though, I only play pretty much any game on the 360 more than anyone on this site without contest, I'd have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to trends in games.

Of all the shooters I've played on any console, any CoD game has the absolute worst player base when it comes to teamwork in ANY type of match. Seeing you try to defend the integrity of these fucking moronic 14 year old tourettes stricken dipshits is pretty telling.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Even being the stone cold killer that I am, we have come across people like this on occasion. I play with some VERY good players and even with them at times they get ass raped by someone. In all honesty, I could just about guarantee with what you are describing that this guy or someone else in the room was out of country. I can tell you with about 90% accuracy if there is an out of country person in the room just by how hard it is to kill certain people. In CoD 4 I could tell you what country they were from without checking their player card about 80% of the time. Canadians are the absolute WORST as they generally have people still with 3-4 bars, but the connection will always give them about a half second advantage if they are on the team with the host.

The guy you were describing is a common one....generally speaking they always run ghost with an AK-74u, sleight of hand, ninja and they use motion sensor. Most of the time they will be running blackbird, chopper gunner, and dogs. One of the guys I play with that plays like that went 102-5 last night in Demolition and then backed it up with 115-10. The next game we got hit with a Canadian host and the same guy got blistered while the Canadian went something like 75-20.

The only thing you can do with a kill camper like that is to not feed them. Run ghost pro with a Strela and take the choppers down fast. If people get a chopper up on us it is down within 10 seconds and at times they never even get to fire a shot. If someone is camping a certain spot, run ninja with ghost and toss grenades on their motion sensors then nova gas them.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

:-k

Maybe they changed how Domination works since I last played, but isn't the point to capture and HOLD? That mean that people should be defending (not camping) the points rather than just chasing down the next one. We used to just assign people to each point and move floaters as needed for taking them back.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, you can run into that issue in any shooter. In Killzone, you can choose your locale, and change it at any time, so some people from the U.S. would go into matches in other countries and have the same kind of advantage. Xbox Live is usually better about that kind of shit though.
Aevian Dreaklear
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: Bisky Campst

Post by Aevian Dreaklear »

I'm getting kind of bored playing this game solo. I was wondering if there are any people out here that play this game regularly and could use another member to their party. I play this game frequently, I'm not horrible. I've got a positive K/D ratio, but my win loss isn't positive due to my rage quits or when i drop into the middle of the game where I dislike the map. I'm looking for people to play with on X-box live. My gamertag is Bisky Campst if anyone wants to send me an invite, thanks!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

what game made do you play?
Aevian Dreaklear
Gets Around
Gets Around

I play the objective type games depending on mood. Domination, demolition, sabotage lately. I played a lot of ground war on MW2, but my router has had NAT issues which made it hard to connect to ground war games in black ops. However recently I did figure out the port forwarding to give me an open NAT. I do like playing HQ, but it's very tough to play that with a pickup group.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I f we have spots I will send you an invite some night. The group I run with has some extensive networking and pretty much everyone in it is well above average. I am very middle of the pack in this group with a 3.10 W-L 1.37 K-D and roughly 195 points per minute in Dom lifetime. Just got to be willing to jump on flags and in some cases load out smoke or other things to make life easier on everyone.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

They had to bring the servers down to stop us! Whoohaaa
Aevian Dreaklear
Gets Around
Gets Around

Ha! Yeah, we had a small, but solid run there for a bit.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... kills.aspx

Yeah totally not any douchebasketry in objective based games. Fuck Call of Duty. For real.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Funkmasterr wrote:http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... kills.aspx

Yeah totally not any douchebasketry in objective based games. Fuck Call of Duty. For real.
Holy shit at the backstabbing! That is totally fucking insane!

Still, to find this glitch like this in a game that has like, hundreds of billions of plays is anything but "broken". It took them 4 months to find and exploit this. Fix this particular exploit and I'm sure that given the sheer amount of people playing they'll find something similar eventually. I'm not too worried about it unless I start running into it all the time, and I've never seen anything like it before.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

It's not a exploit.. well the back stabbing part maybe but that's almost moot, it's spawn camping and general douchebaggery, and CoD is worst for that of all the FPS games I've played, personally. In the same breath though, developers shouldn't have to go way out of their way to ensure people don't do shit like this, cause if people weren't self centered fucking children about video games they wouldn't do this kind of shit, which effectively ruins the enjoyment for everyone else playing.

To be honest, these assholes have even leaked over into Killzone a bit, and there are a few universal changes I'd like to see made to FPS games in general to combat it.

1) No more sniper rifles in multiplayer modes, ever. Come fight like you have a pair with the rest of us, pussy.
2) Under no circumstances, no fucking rocket launchers, ever. Find another way to deal with anti aircraft.
3) No goddamn jetpacks, and no mechs.

Too many games are trying to cater to the teenage fucking CoD crowd, and making sacrifices in their game that they didn't want to make (Killzone is a shining example of this) to appeal to them. Fuck them, fuck them right in their spawn camping, jetpacking, glitching, stand-by'ing, shit talking 14 year old asses. Let them stick to Halo and CoD, don't actively look for ways to spread their disease to other FPS games that typically have a more mature, teamwork friendly environment.

Also, take camping away from people. If you don't move out of, say, a 20 square foot area within 15 seconds, you get booted from the game. Objective based game type or not, camping a doorway, or anywhere else for that matter, makes you a piece of shit.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Funkmasterr wrote:It's not a exploit.. well the back stabbing part maybe but that's almost moot, it's spawn camping and general douchebaggery, and CoD is worst for that of all the FPS games I've played
Don't know if you played it or not, but BF:BC2 was/is horrendous for spawn camping. You could easily go non-stop round after round of never even being able to get out of your base should you be in a shitty squad, or against one that's good at spawn camping.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Isla Innocentes or whatever was pretty annoying. Fuck that map!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Siji wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:It's not a exploit.. well the back stabbing part maybe but that's almost moot, it's spawn camping and general douchebaggery, and CoD is worst for that of all the FPS games I've played
Don't know if you played it or not, but BF:BC2 was/is horrendous for spawn camping. You could easily go non-stop round after round of never even being able to get out of your base should you be in a shitty squad, or against one that's good at spawn camping.
Never played Battlefield so I can't comment on that, but really any FPS game is going to have the potential to be bad for spawn camping. It's the people that ruin it, and I've found that the CoD crowd, particularly on the 360, is the most immature, obnoxious, and least interested in making a team effort. That's just from the games I've played, and there are a few popular FPS games I've skipped.

We had a few games in a row last night playing Killzone where we got spawn camped like crazy, because our teammates were fucking terrible. In those cases however, I just totally forget about going for the objectives and camp the campers until they get the point and get the fuck out of my base. It typically works.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Funkmasterr wrote:1) No more sniper rifles in multiplayer modes, ever. Come fight like you have a pair with the rest of us, pussy.
I disagree with removing sniping, it's a perfectly legitimate tactic that has been used in actual battle for over 100 years. If a game is supposed to be set in real-world scenarios, why take away a real-world tactic? It's a fairly balanced mechanic, in and of itself, if it doesn't include some of the unrealistic things like proximity sensors or whatever. Just takes some coordination and/or stealth to take out a sniper.

I do think they should do something about the people I see running around with a sniper rifle, who are so super-twitch they can scope you in and headshot you in .01 seconds on the run. Maybe make it take a second to "setup" the sniper rifle before you can scope or have to be motionless or kneeling/prone or something.
Also, take camping away from people. If you don't move out of, say, a 20 square foot area within 15 seconds, you get booted from the game. Objective based game type or not, camping a doorway, or anywhere else for that matter, makes you a piece of shit.
Again, I'm not really sure why they should ban camping. In a lot of maps I play, campers usually end up with very few kills because they have to camp somewhere out of the way, or they're just killing the stupid over and over again. Unless you're talking about spawn camping, which should totally be punished with a beating, irl. I think the glitch that needs to be fixed is just not to make everyone spawn in the exact same spot. In the video above, if people had just been spawning in random areas within like 50 yards of that point, that guy wouldn't have gotten anywhere near 500 kills.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

People shouldn't be able to no scope with a sniper, even if it takes them 45 minutes to set the shot up. However, being as a lot of these fucking douchebags probably have a piece of tape on the center of their screen so that they can do so, I'm not sure what game mechanic you'd put in place to stop it. Aside from that, I disagree with you. Obviously you are correct on it being used in real battle, however I don't really care. It's a cowardly way to play a multi-player game, and in some games, far too many people go that route. Killzone is a great example, since another level of cowardice is added onto it by giving them a cloak so on top of everything else, you can't fucking see them - so there are tons of snipers, and on some maps it's just complete bullshit.

Spawn camping is worse, and is mostly what I was talking about. However, camping inside of a doorway with a shotgun waiting for someone to come through it and go for an objective, for example, makes you a coward, and you should be punished for it. It's just pathetic that developers have to find creative ways to stop people from playing like total fucking assholes.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

There is a real simple solution: don't play demolition. We have known about spawn issues no demo since the first couple of weeks. You can either choose to not play it, or you can take your chances and hope you are the baddest dude in the game.

The real problems right now are just in that one game mode and the issues of the hosts jacking up when hosts quit games while you are pounding their brains in. Treyarch just has some really bad server issues. They did good things to eliminate a majority of the quick scoping garbage from other games.

If you have problems with campers in Black ops, then the problem is you. There are many ways to destroy them, but you have to have some skills to go along with the tools.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Fairweather Pure wrote:The same estimates suggest the majority of Black Ops sales went to Xbox 360 59%, followed by 36% for PS3 and the rest going to PC, Wii and DS versions.
More accurately:
360 - 50%
PS3 - 43%
PC - 4%
Wii - 3%

Interesting that Black Ops is the best selling COD on the PS3 but Modern Warfare 2 is still tops for the 360... although Black Ops should eventually outsell it.

Regardless, 23 million in sales in 4 months is just staggering.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I think Modern Warfare 2 was just a better seller because it was not Treyarch. Treyarch has absolutely horrific servers. If they had this game running on Infinity Wards servers, it would have sold more copies already. Word gets out quick when you have some of the crap going on like we see nightly.