Don't retreat, instead RELOAD!

What do you think about the world?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Don't retreat, instead RELOAD!

Post by miir »

we're on Sarah Palin's targeted list but the thing is that the way she's had it depicted has the cross hairs of a gun site over our district. When people do that, they've got to realize that there [are] consequences to that action
I wonder if that douchebag can be implicated in the assassination attempt of Gabrielle Giffords.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Re: Don't retreat, instead RELOAD!

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Are you fully retarded or are you trolling?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

So you're saying there's no possiblity that the shooting had anything to do with Palin's 'Take back the 20' rhetoric...
And that the 'take back the 20' site was taken offline shortly after the shooting is purely coincidental?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nothing to do with it....only left wing nutjobs are even remotely associating them. Was a stupid advertising campaign and just reason #576 why Sarah Palin needs to be uninvolved with the GOP. This guy was not some right wing Tea Party kook who went to take out some dirty liberal...and if he was taking out a dirty liberal, this was NOT one that would be targeted. She was a blue dog who is more conservative than most of the GOP turds that have held office in the last 12 years.

Two of his book favorites listed on the Myspace page they took down were Mein Kampf and The Communist Manifesto.....hardly a Sarah Palin endorsed book club. One chick that went to school with him had some comments as well:
A woman named Caitie Parker tweeted: "he was a pot head and into rock like Hendrix, The Doors, Anti-Flag. I haven't seen him in person since '07 in a sign language class" and "As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal and oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy."
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

As sad as i am to say it, I'll have to agree with Kilmoll on this one...
The guy seems to be a lot more of a general nutjob than even the tea party guys, seems to have interests and rants about just about anything, not tied down to a specific political party or the Tea Party movement.

He would have gunned for someone, just random it happened to be on the liberal side.

That being said, i still think that the "shoot those we dont agree with" policy is absolutely insane, and belong in the middle east, not in a democracy, and i hope that this even will get the Tea Party idiots to reconsider that approach since the NEXT nutjob might not be a lone loony, but someone who actively go for who they say should die for harming America :roll:
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hesten wrote:
That being said, i still think that the "shoot those we dont agree with" policy is absolutely insane, and belong in the middle east, not in a democracy, :roll:

I will only disagree on that for this one particular group.....

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... funerals/1

hopefully the next complete nutjob will not pick people and children at random and will do all of us a favor
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Nothing to do with it....only left wing nutjobs are even remotely associating them. Was a stupid advertising campaign and just reason #576 why Sarah Palin needs to be uninvolved with the GOP. This guy was not some right wing Tea Party kook who went to take out some dirty liberal...and if he was taking out a dirty liberal, this was NOT one that would be targeted. She was a blue dog who is more conservative than most of the GOP turds that have held office in the last 12 years.

Two of his book favorites listed on the Myspace page they took down were Mein Kampf and The Communist Manifesto.....hardly a Sarah Palin endorsed book club. One chick that went to school with him had some comments as well:
Do you really believe that "only left wing nutjobs are even remotely associating them"? Really? Because if so, you're delusional.

Also, this is why the right is beyond fucked up - http://i.imgur.com/3hYtf.png

You would think right wing zealots like yourself, the gun crazy kill'em'alls, might practice a little more restraint after what's happened. Given what we now see the end results to be - and who can honestly say they're surprised?
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Many American people are the epitome of stupid.

This is not news.

Just take comfort in the fact they're blaming this on Hendrix and not COD: Black Ops.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

I'm completely disgusted by most of the conversation about this situation. Including some of the conversation here.

Who gives a fuck if his crazed views leaned left or right? Seriously, what the hell does it matter?

The crimes have an obvious connection to unhinged and violent political rhetoric. That doesn't mean it's Sarah Palin's "fault" or anybody else's. We have no idea if he's even seen the crosshairs image she had up-- odds are he hasn't. But Sarah Palin, among others, has a role in creating a political climate that enables crazed people to do things like this.

It makes me so fucking mad to go to "news" websites across the internet and see nothing but political spin. It's embarrassing. This is a tragedy, not a campaign event.

Some things that were said this year were truly unacceptable. Sharron Angle talking about Second Amendment remedies and taking out Harry Reid was especially notable because she never walked it back and no prominent conservatives that I can think of criticized her, but there are a lot more examples.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Creating a political climate for what? This guy was anti-government and that has zero to do with a political climate and much to do with being a plain fruitcake. Sharon Angle lost because of stupid comments that she made and palin sure as hell is not going to win anything except maybe in Alaska.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Killmoll,

Sueven is right. BOTH parties are at fault. There is an attitude, a philosophy being spread by the parties and the media that it is US against them. If you are Liberal, then all Republicans are Nazi-like sympathizers who want to give everything to the rich. If you are Conservative then all Liberals are Communists who want to steal your money and give it all to the poor. Idiots like Olberman and Beck have taken the media to new lows and Politicians on both sides are guilty as hell. Whether this event is the result of it all or not, it was going to happen eventually. Unfortunately, the majority of both parties - the middle of the road group (like me) - have lost their voice. Media is a big reason. No one finds rational discussions on TV exciting, the yelling/screaming blame game is so much more exciting to televise.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Despite that 'Take Back the 20' map not playing a role in the shooting (as far as we know), Sarah Palin still has to live with the fact that a Congressperson she targeted on her map with crosshairs got shot in the fucking head.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Sueven and Tyek summed it up nicely.

This guy isn't left or right, just a loony egged on by a political system that's functioning and being presented in the manner of a low budget soap opera.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

This question is for Kilmoll.

So I was watching the NBC nightly news last night, and they mentioned that the shooter had an extended magazine that was illegal until (somewhat?) recently, and that he had purchased his gun and magazine legally. They said that the people who subdued him were able to do so while he was reloading.

Given that you advocate gun ownership for responsible people that have to be good with their firearm in order to own it, what is the argument from your camp for the legalization of these extended magazines? Obviously, if you had been there, you wouldn't need more than 10 rounds to take the perp down, is there a pragmatic reason that anyone would need a bigger clip?

We don't need to get into the whole gun control debate, I know where that will lead, just curious if there's an actual good reason for extended magazines or if it's just more of a "in addition to muskets, the Second Amendment had the foresight to cover guns with clips that wouldn't be invented for 100 years".
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

A real pro would have brought more pistols and just dropped the empties. Seriously, what's the point in restricting magazine capacity when one can just buy more firearms? To protect us from the deranged nutbag on a budget?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

From what I understand...and like everyone else this is not factual but just information that is not confirmed....the gun had a 30 round magazine that jammed and he was attempting to clear and reload when they took him down. As to the limit on the size of the magazine, why is 10 the arbitrary number? I do not personally understand the reason for a 30 round magazine in a pistol....they are complete garbage to start with and I cannot see a reason to have it.

As to making laws to limit them, lets be clear that no matter what you make illegal, they will still be available. With something like a magazine, anyone with any metal fabrication skills could make a magazine in their garage...or buy one of the millions already floating around out there.

Personally, the gun I carry the most is a 1911 that carries 7 rounds in the magazine and one in the pipe. On occasion I carry a 9mm that has a 17 round capacity. With each gun I do carry a spare magazine, because that is the weak point of any firearm. The capacity of a firearm is kind of a sticky situation to me. The more shots you can put into an assailant, the faster he will bleed out. The larger the holes, the faster he will bleed out. What people don't understand is that people do not die immediately and go pitching 20 feet backwards when they get shot like in the movies. If you are shooting a 9mm, you may need 10 shots to eliminate a threat reliably (notice here that I am using this as a defense situation and not some murderous asshole like in this incident). Even if my first shot was to completely destroy your heart, the average person has enough oxygen in their blood to fully function and do what they want for roughly 14 seconds. The only true one shot stops are if you are able to hit the spine (which is exceptionally rare when dealing with a handgun caliber) or a shot into the cortex of the brain...which again is not easy to do with a handgun. With all that being known, you may need to put an exceedingly high number of shots into someone that may be on drugs or roid raged or whatever and doesn't even know they are shot.

I know this is all more info than you wanted....but you can stop reading if you like. The survival rate from being shot with a handgun is somewhere in the 75-80% range if you actually get medical attention. This shooting actually demonstrates that quite a bit....as most of those killed were elderly and a child. The Congresswoman took a point blank shot through the brain and is alive...and hopefully stays that way.

Really, the gun control lobby is going to point to this and scream and kick about magazine restrictions and all that and will try to use this as an excuse to pass the laws they want and still be completely ignoring reality. This guy had mental issues AND a drug arrest. If you have a drug conviction of ANY type on your record you are under federal disability and are not allowed to own a firearm. So what we really have at the core of this issue is a complete failure by the laws we already have in place that allowed a guy with these kind of issues to illegally purchase a handgun via otherwise legal methods. The first thing that needs to happen is for the states to all fully comply with he mental health databases and to get the feds and states all up to date with the drug conviction databases. I know for 100% fact that people that have taken my CCW classes have been able to get permits to carry and purchase firearms (il)legally through retail stores with misdemeanor ticket-type drug offenses in their past. Granted, all they have to do is get those sealed or expunged and they would be ok on the state level, but they would still need to get relief from federal disability to be completely clear. My point being, there is a massive failure of compliance with these laws and databases and most of the citizens are not even aware of the laws.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

If this guy wanted to have done the most damage, he could have simply driven his car or rented a truck to plow through the crowd. The damage from that would have had the death count MUCH higher.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

The manufacturing of the magazine was illegal under the Clinton-era assault weapons ban, which expired in 2004.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Some other tidbits about the assault weapons ban provision....
On the April 18, 2007 showing of MSNBC's program, Tucker, Tucker Carlson interviewed McCarthy concerning the Virginia Tech massacre and her proposed reauthorization of the Assault Weapons Ban. He asked her to explain the need to regulate barrel shrouds, one of the many provisions of the Act.[10] She responded that more importantly the legislation would ban large capacity "clips" used in the Virginia Tech massacre and that the class of guns chosen were those used by gangs and police killers. However, the Virginia Tech shooter did not have high capacity magazines; they were the AWB compliant 10 round variety. After admitting that she did not know what a barrel shroud was, McCarthy incorrectly stated, "I believe it is a shoulder thing that goes up".
In 2001, Koper and Roth of the Jerry Lee Center of Criminology, University of Pennsylvania, published a peer-reviewed paper called The Impact of the 1994 Federal Assault Weapon Ban on Gun Violence Outcomes: An Assessment of Multiple Outcome Measures and Some Lessons for Policy Evaluation. They found that:

"The ban may have contributed to a reduction in gun homicides, but a statistical power analysis of our model indicated that any likely effects from the ban will be very difficult to detect statistically for several more years. We found no evidence of reductions in multiple-victim gun homicides or multiple-gunshot wound victimizations. The findings should be treated cautiously due to the methodological difficulties of making a short-term assessment of the ban and because the ban's long-term effects could differ from the short-term influences revealed by this study."[9]
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Sylvus wrote:This question is for Kilmoll.

So I was watching the NBC nightly news last night, and they mentioned that the shooter had an extended magazine that was illegal until (somewhat?) recently, and that he had purchased his gun and magazine legally. They said that the people who subdued him were able to do so while he was reloading.

Given that you advocate gun ownership for responsible people that have to be good with their firearm in order to own it, what is the argument from your camp for the legalization of these extended magazines? Obviously, if you had been there, you wouldn't need more than 10 rounds to take the perp down, is there a pragmatic reason that anyone would need a bigger clip?

We don't need to get into the whole gun control debate, I know where that will lead, just curious if there's an actual good reason for extended magazines or if it's just more of a "in addition to muskets, the Second Amendment had the foresight to cover guns with clips that wouldn't be invented for 100 years".
I don't have as detailed or plain ol' creepy as fuck reason like Kilmoll, but the reason I would get extended mags is strictly so I don't have to reload as often when I go to the range. Almost universally, when you get extended mags (especially the ridiculous extenders) they are not created by the original manufacturer. Some even require modification to the weapon, hence, they are considered much less reliable.

I have no comment on the "extended mags for killing humans" details.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

What if 31 Shots Had Been Only 10?

The Tucson shooter's killing frenzy finally came to an end on Saturday after he allegedly emptied his semiautomatic Glock handgun of its 31 bullets. According to witness reports, as he was changing the clip, a wounded woman tried to grab the gun from him. His next shot jammed before two men wrestled him to the ground.

Before 2004, when the Federal Assault Weapons Ban expired, the shooter never would have been able to get off so many shots before pausing to reload. The ban, enacted in 1994 in the wake of mass killings in San Francisco and Waco, limited gun magazines to a maximum of ten rounds. Assuming that the shooter would've achieved the same hit ratio with the smaller clip, he would have shot six people and maybe killed one or two instead of shooting 20 and killing half a dozen.

"If he was restricted to a 10-round magazine, lives could have been saved," says Daniel Vice, a senior attorney with the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. According to a 2004 study (PDF) by the University of Pennsylvania's Jerry Lee Center of Criminology, "attacks with semiautomatics—including assault weapons and other semiautomatics equipped with large capacity magazines—result in more shots fired, more persons hit, and more wounds inflicted per victim than to attacks with other firearms."

The Brady Campaign is supporting a new bill by Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) that would renew the Assault Weapons Ban, a Democratic priority that the Obama administration had essentially abandoned.

Of course, a renewed ban will do little to get rid of the thousands of high-capacity clips already in circulation. While seven states and the District of Columbia ban clips of the sort the Loughner allegedly used, they're widely available in Arizona gun stores and enthusiastically marketed by gun makers. As the Glock website puts it: "Compact and subcompact GLOCK pistol model magazines can be loaded with a convincing number of rounds."
The Source
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

And the NRA response to the Brady clowns is "if someone there had been carrying a concealed weapon, they could have eliminated the threat before he had killed 6".

Stop being part of the problem. Don't blame the tools....blame the person using them and the government that allows rules already in place to fail.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:And the NRA response to the Brady clowns is "if someone there had been carrying a concealed weapon, they could have eliminated the threat before he had killed 6".
It was Arizona. There were probably half a dozen people with guns in the area, but they had the sense not to deploy their weapons in such a crowded environment.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Are you serious? Aren't all of us gun nuts just looking for an excuse to turn things into shootout at the OK corral? I would not think there would be high odds for a concealed carry holder to be there and packing at a Democrat's political rally.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I would not think there would be high odds for a concealed carry holder to be there and packing at a Democrat's political rally.
It was a bipartisan event, and not a rally. Further, Democrats have guns, too. And Giffords is a huge supporter of the Second Amendment.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

I'm with Kilmoll 100% on this issue. This isn't a result of lax gun control or extended clips or anything other than a fucking retard who, by one of those spiffy gun laws, shouldn't have had a gun in the first place.

As mentioned above, he could have done equal or more damage with a car or a pipe bomb or any number of things.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If someone in the crowd pulled out their concealed weapon and started firing, there's a good chance they'd be shot as well.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Winnow wrote:If someone in the crowd pulled out their concealed weapon and started firing, there's a good chance they'd be shot as well.
Yep. People would likely assume they were a second gunman, not a would be hero. God forbid multiple white knights all break out their concealed weapons at once, the casualties would likely have been much more severe.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Fairweather Pure wrote:http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-1 ... fords.html

Just... wow.

Not really unexpected for two reasons:

1) any threat of gun control, whether real or perceived, is going to cause panic buying. I should go get a couple extra guns right now as an investment...prices could skyrocket and make some serious coin back if I wanted to play in that arena

2) some of those purchases are people who are arming themselves for protection after realizing this could happen anywhere and anytime

FWIW....I seriously doubt there will be any federal laws regulating magazine sizes or outlawing handguns or anything of the sort. The people in Congress that are proposing all this are the same ones that put this up for vote just about every session. There are too many pro-gun Democrats to allow it to happen like it did with Clinton in office.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:If this guy wanted to have done the most damage, he could have simply driven his car or rented a truck to plow through the crowd. The damage from that would have had the death count MUCH higher.

I'm disappointed with you.

The best damage would have been plowing through the crowd with a vehicle and then start firing on the rest of the healthy crowd, finishing off the wounded after the healthy people have scattered out of range.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Good troll Cartalas - oh wait its winnow
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Winnow wrote:The best damage would have been plowing through the crowd with a vehicle and then start firing on the rest of the healthy crowd, finishing off the wounded after the healthy people have scattered out of range.
And then of course, send in the vultures.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Good grief, that woman is fucking idiot.
Now she's accusing the left of "Blood Libel"...

I had no idea Palin was a jew. :roll:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE70B3W320110112
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Aabidano wrote:Sueven and Tyek summed it up nicely.

This guy isn't left or right, just a loony egged on by a political system that's functioning and being presented in the manner of a low budget soap opera.
This

not sure what Palin's target map has to do with this. I guess we should also ban violent video games because a minority of nuts can't control themselves
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

We should also lock up all of the asses that use this board too!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Chidoro wrote:not sure what Palin's target map has to do with this.
Perception. Loughner emptied a 31-round magazine into a crowd of people, his primary target being Giffords. Coincidentally, Palin has a map that targeted Giffords with crosshairs. As a result, Palin's political career is pretty much over.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Chidoro wrote:not sure what Palin's target map has to do with this.
The map had gun crosshairs directly on Giffords' disctrict and listed her name.
The Don't retreat, instead RELOAD quote was directed at targeted Democratic congressmen/women... including Giffords.
If it was just a conincidence (which it probably was), why did Palin's people take down the website shortly after the shooting?
I guess we should also ban violent video games because a minority of nuts can't control themselves
Well if a video game encouraged players to 'take out' real people, perhaps there might be some cause for concern.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

The people who are trying to distance Palin and the insane right wing rhetoric from this are just being willfully blind. It's the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming "waaaaa I can't hear you."

Palin's latest gibberish, about a "blood libel" is a further crass comment, and I'm amazed she has any support in the US. She really is a nasty cunt of a woman.

The notion that "both sides" are to blame is a peculiarly American argument. And it's one only cowardly centrists are mentalist right seem to get off on. You can assert it until you're blue in the face, but you'd still be wrong. The right/tea party are the ones bringing waving their dicks/guns around the American political landscape - no one else.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

miir wrote:If it was just a conincidence (which it probably was), why did Palin's people take down the website shortly after the shooting?
This one is easy...because tv/radio "personalities" were already pointing fingers at it

Nick wrote:The people who are trying to distance Palin and the insane right wing rhetoric from this are just being willfully blind. It's the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming "waaaaa I can't hear you."
Yeah, you would know all about that. That is all you do while you are dripping foam from your mouth.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Great contributions so far Boogahz. Idiot.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nick wrote:The people who are trying to distance Palin and the insane right wing rhetoric from this are just being willfully blind. It's the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming "waaaaa I can't hear you."

Palin's latest gibberish, about a "blood libel" is a further crass comment, and I'm amazed she has any support in the US. She really is a nasty cunt of a woman.

The notion that "both sides" are to blame is a peculiarly American argument. And it's one only cowardly centrists are mentalist right seem to get off on. You can assert it until you're blue in the face, but you'd still be wrong. The right/tea party are the ones bringing waving their dicks/guns around the American political landscape - no one else.

If you were not such a complete fucktard, you would have read plenty to tell you that HE WAS ANTI_GOVERNMENT AND NOT RIGHT WING AT ALL. He had no radical right or left wing affiliation and from accounts posted all over the fucking internet, he actually had liberal leanings. Since I know I am just a frothing at the mouth redneck, maybe your stupid mad at the world retarded ass will believe the guy's own friend

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/12/re ... elevision/
rizona massacre gunman Jared Loughner's downward spiral may have been touched off by a broken high school romance and fueled by drug use -- but it was not politically motivated, according to his best friend in high school.

Zach Osler, in an interview Wednesday with ABC's "Good Morning America," said: "He did not watch TV. He disliked the news. He didn’t listen to political radio. He didn’t take sides. He wasn’t on the left. He wasn’t on the right."

Media speculation swirled after Loughner allegedly opened fire at a Tucson rally last Saturday, critically wounding Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and 13 others and killing six. Immediately, the Tucson sheriff and liberal pundits and lawmakers chimed in that the shooting somehow was politically motivated and a result of the extreme rhetoric being used by conservatives such as Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh.

But Osler said Loughner wasn't shooting at people, "he was shooting at the world."

Osler said he instead suspects that Loughner was motivated by a documentary called, "Zeitgeist: The Movie," which slams currency-based economics.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/12/re ... z1AqrYkKNb
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I'm not sure how his 'best friend' from 4-5 years ago really could have had any idea what was going though his head when he was pulling the trigger.

4-5 years is a log time, especially for someone who has serious mental problems.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Siji »

He wasn't "shooting the world", he was specifically after who he shot. Notes found at his house prove this.

Next.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Siji wrote:He wasn't "shooting the world", he was specifically after who he shot. Notes found at his house prove this.

Next.
Pointing out that a foxnews story is factually inaccurate is a bit unnecessary. :D
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

http://www.azcentral.com/community/ahwa ... tions.html

In wake of the shootings, 4 Arizona Republicans step down Fearing violence from the Tea Party. Basically, they are not "right wing" enough.

Here's one of them:

I wonder why he's worried about violence from the Tea Party?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

A lot goes on in my low population state. Arizona is hopping with activity!
In an e-mail sent a few hours after Saturday's massacre in Tucson that killed six and injured 13, including U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, Miller told state Republican Party Chairman Randy Pullen he was quitting: "Today my wife of 20 yrs ask (sic) me do I think that my PCs (Precinct Committee members) will shoot at our home? So with this being said I am stepping down from LD20GOP Chairman...I will make a full statement on Monday."
Maybe it's a good thing he's stepping down with grammar like that!
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Chidoro wrote:
Aabidano wrote:Sueven and Tyek summed it up nicely.

This

not sure what Palin's target map has to do with this. I guess we should also ban violent video games because a minority of nuts can't control themselves
Not at all, from the little I've read on this guy he'd have done this or something like this to someone eventually regardless. She was the person with the bad luck to become his fixation long enough for him to act.

That our political and news systems run like reality TV is a separate matter, a contributor perhaps but not a cause.

To those who say this is the end of Palin's political career, I doubt it. The level of gullibility that gets people behind her in the first place pretty hard to overcome.

The blood libel comment was.... :roll:
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

miir wrote:I'm not sure how his 'best friend' from 4-5 years ago really could have had any idea what was going though his head when he was pulling the trigger.

4-5 years is a log time, especially for someone who has serious mental problems.
But you know?
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon