US spies on UN, diplomats ... creates front against Iran

What do you think about the world?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: US spies on UN, diplomats ... creates front against Iran

Post by miir »

masteen wrote:They're not against us, they're against the corrupt assholes who created and maintained this culture of secrecy that permeates everything our government does in our name.

"Us" should be "We, the People." "Them" should be the special interests that have stolen our government.

The average citizens of this country should be as against the bullshit power brokers who are running this country into the ground as the Eurofags like Nick are.
:vv_yeahthat:
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

If you two would get over yourselves, it is not just the U.S. that is against this crapfest. If anything, this moron has united the world against him and they are banding together to get rid of wikileaks and put this guy away on any charges they can. Even the Swedes are trying to lock him up on sex charges!

BTW Nick....you are the most useless piece of anti-U.S. crap I think I have ever encountered. You make Hugo Chavez look like a U.S. lapdog with your idiotic rantings. Some day you will actually grow up and realize that not every bad thing that happens in the world is some U.S. plot. Quite frankly I would not give a squirt of piss for your life.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

FWIW, on my "squirt of piss scale" the only other person on here that I would literally not give one squirt of piss to keep alive would be Xatrei. I would give a single squirt of piss to keep Miir alive if I had been drinking a lot of water before-hand. Fairweather I would probably give a squirt of piss and a tap only because of his contributions to the consoles forum. Every other foreigner I would give a squirt of piss for unless they were wearing a soccer jersey at the time.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Lucky me to be in such good company!
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:If you two would get over yourselves, it is not just the U.S. that is against this crapfest. If anything, this moron has united the world against him and they are banding together to get rid of wikileaks and put this guy away on any charges they can. Even the Swedes are trying to lock him up on sex charges!
Yep, governments like France (Berlusconi anyone, even more corrupt than the US), no big surprise they wanna keep secrets :)

As for the sex trial...if a man who knows hes gonna release a boatload of documents aimed at showing how the military abuses their power, tortures people, lie, and so on, will rape not one, but TWO females a few days before. At the very very very very very best the women have been "convinced" to say rape after.
I mean, a plot like that in a spy thriller would get killed by the critics for being completely unrealistic.
That they have withdrawn the charges TWICE, then put them in again, THEN refused his attempts to give a statement pr video confrence, THEN complain over not having him handed over, despite them not following the laws for international warrants dont exactly make it any better.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Hesten wrote:As for the sex trial...if a man who knows hes gonna release a boatload of documents aimed at showing how the military abuses their power, tortures people, lie, and so on, will rape not one, but TWO females a few days before. At the very very very very very best the women have been "convinced" to say rape after.
They didn't just magically happen when the info was leaked. The warrant for his arrest was originally withdrawn in August, and the molestation charges were all that remained. I think the current rape charge is based on not using a condom during the Swedish incident.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Boogahz wrote:
Hesten wrote:As for the sex trial...if a man who knows hes gonna release a boatload of documents aimed at showing how the military abuses their power, tortures people, lie, and so on, will rape not one, but TWO females a few days before. At the very very very very very best the women have been "convinced" to say rape after.
They didn't just magically happen when the info was leaked. The warrant for his arrest was originally withdrawn in August, and the molestation charges were all that remained. I think the current rape charge is based on not using a condom during the Swedish incident.
Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous really. An obvious smear campaign that's been transparent bullshit since day 1.

Also - Keep squirting out those Rush Limbaugh quotes Kilmoll, you unthinking drone.
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:FWIW, on my "squirt of piss scale" the only other person on here that I would literally not give one squirt of piss to keep alive would be Xatrei. I would give a single squirt of piss to keep Miir alive if I had been drinking a lot of water before-hand. Fairweather I would probably give a squirt of piss and a tap only because of his contributions to the consoles forum. Every other foreigner I would give a squirt of piss for unless they were wearing a soccer jersey at the time.

As much as I disagree with most of Xatrei's political views, I still would never put him in the same piss category as Nick.. A) He actually lives in America and B) He's actually made some contributions to this country, including serving in the military.
Timmah.

Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Nick wrote:
Gzette wrote:Enlighten me oh Nick the wise. What should us Plebeian Americans take from these cables?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... key-things

That's just a simple, quick and basic run down of about 1/100 of what to take from the cables. We all have google, by the way, in case you've forgotten how to use the internet, or your brain.

But hey, loathe am I to let the truth rain on your parade.
You should reread your own posts. You criticize posters for getting their overall meaning of this document leak from media, then when asked (albeit sarcastically) what you think, you link straight to conventional media and mock me for not googleing. Read the OP. I think I've been keeping up with the coverage.

You frustrate me because I know you're smart, but you just choose to troll instead.

People gang up on you here because you don't contribute. You tie together clever insults strings, and then sigh in disgust just about every time.
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

:vv_asian:
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

People gang up on you here because you don't contribute
That, or most of them are simpletons. Who knows!

The direct links to the cables are there if you want to look for them - directly linked from the Guardian site in fact, soI'm not sure how you can cry bias when the raw data is directly viewable.

I think most people tend to dislike an opinion contrary to theirs - and since the US political spectrum is so out of whack with the rest of the first world, i.e interpretations of left/right/centre, that even those that might call themselves liberal or centrist in the US are markedly right wing by international standards - the US confusion about this is one that's been tedious for a long time, so nothing new there.

Seriously though, just look at the direct cables and judge them on what they reveal - there's no point going down the route of idiots like Kilmoll who cry on and on about how "OMG Wikileaks have blood on their hands" (it's a nonsense, there's not one iota of evidence that this is the case) - a bit of research, away from the Hannitys of the world, goes a long way.

As for not contributing, I think over the years I've contributed as much here as anyone else - I just tend to not be a hysterical right winger, which is where the political census tends to swing towards here, even amongst the supposedly liberal ones. That's not an ad hominem, I can back it up if you like (hint - most people don't tend to enjoy that though, it seems to make them feel a little insecure, hence the vitriol.)

I will discuss the facts with anyone on this board - but long ago gave up bothering, because, well.. it's Flamevault - no one gives a shit about that, even the sacred cows that everyone enjoyed smelling the farts of (I believe they're called the fnord - resting on reputations of a computer game no one's played in a decade.)

Anyway - I'm not bitter, I just find it genuinely incredible what some of the people here are saying about the latest Wikileaks, they were uninformed, stupid and showed a complete lack of knowledge.

No one will care of course, sure I'm not even American (which, according to some moron above, apparently matters, talk about a fishbowl attitude!)

Still, it's always fun to call a spade a spade, and hey - some of the same pricks here that are hating on Assange and Wikileaks appear to be hating on me. Good - I'd rather be on the side of progress and open mindedness, than the side that protects corrupt politicians who engage in immoral and illegal acts, issue violent threats, embrace fearmongering and spread misinformation.

:o
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:FWIW, on my "squirt of piss scale" the only other person on here that I would literally not give one squirt of piss to keep alive would be Xatrei. I would give a single squirt of piss to keep Miir alive if I had been drinking a lot of water before-hand. Fairweather I would probably give a squirt of piss and a tap only because of his contributions to the consoles forum. Every other foreigner I would give a squirt of piss for unless they were wearing a soccer jersey at the time.

Why don't you support our troops? Why is it that you hate America so much?
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

I'll post more when I'm not drunk, but wikileaks posting the names of Afghan and Iraq informants is not cool. that's where the "blood on their hands" argument comes from. This info is being accessed from the 1st world as it is the the countries where my nation's combat missions are taking place.

I like the idea, but there needs more restraint IMO.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Yeah, dumbasses, this is really going to help gain support...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101208/ap_ ... /wikileaks
Hackers rushed to the defense of WikiLeaks on Wednesday, launching attacks on MasterCard, Swedish prosecutors, a Swiss bank and others who have acted against the site and its jailed founder Julian Assange.

Internet "hacktivists" operating under the label "Operation Payback" claimed responsibility in a Twitter message for causing severe technological problems at the website for MasterCard, which pulled the plug on its relationship with WikiLeaks a day ago.

Trying to at least ACT legit tends to work better than lashing out like this.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:Yeah, dumbasses, this is really going to help gain support...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101208/ap_ ... /wikileaks
Hackers rushed to the defense of WikiLeaks on Wednesday, launching attacks on MasterCard, Swedish prosecutors, a Swiss bank and others who have acted against the site and its jailed founder Julian Assange.

Internet "hacktivists" operating under the label "Operation Payback" claimed responsibility in a Twitter message for causing severe technological problems at the website for MasterCard, which pulled the plug on its relationship with WikiLeaks a day ago.

Trying to at least ACT legit tends to work better than lashing out like this.

Yeah, it's funny that they don't seem to get that. All of you team up and attack as many sites as possible, so you can all get rounded up and tossed in a big community cell next to your homey. Great plan, way to stick it to "the man". Fucking idiots.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Wasn't I reading where one of the leaks was about US taxpayer money paying for drugs and providing underage boys for homosexual pedophiles in Afghanistan? That seems kind of bad to me. I'm finding less and less reasons to think these leaks are wrong.

Why is it ok for our government to freely spy on it's citizens? If anything, it should be the other way around. They work for us. I'm at odds with a government that cries a fucking river over some dirty laundry when they readily and willfully invade our privacy and freedoms all the goddamn time. It's like the world is turned upside down at times. It shouldn't be like this.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Pretty sure that was blackwater (or whatever the fuck they're called now), which is a private corporation.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Why is it OK for our government to freely spy on it's citizens?
It's still technically illegal without court supervision. Rolling back those sections of the patriot act would make agencies less likely to do so.

The AU govt had it right, the blame for the release of the US information lies with the US govt. That people were able to gather and make off with this much data undetected is the issue that needs addressed.

Parallel are the corporate scumbags that drive our policy in many areas.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

And again...the person who leaked the info should be swinging from a rope for treason. If you make public sensitive information that can undermine security, then you are committing treason. The diplomat garbage I could care less about leaking. The leaking of information about paying for drugs or whatever, leak all you want to uncover corruption. You simply do not give information out publicly that endangers the lives of people.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Funkmasterr wrote:Pretty sure that was blackwater (or whatever the fuck they're called now), which is a private corporation.
Paid for with public money. The point stands. Why is that kept a secret from us? They are doing these things with my tax money and in my name. We deserve to know this stuff.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Boogahz and Funk are fine examples of how the people of a dying empire rationalise their own lack of knowledge and awareness.

Enjoy the ride down.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:You simply do not give information out publicly that endangers the lives of people.
Not one single person has died from any Wikileak thus far, you fucking retard. You really are a dumb uneducated fucking hillbilly.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

BTW Kilmoll, it's not treason if you're not a citizen of that country (e.g. Assange and the US). Just saying.

Here's a good one. Somali pirates discover Ukrainian pipeline of arms to Sudan:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/09/world ... ml?_r=1&hp

Edit: You said the guy who leaked the info so oops :)
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Wasn't I reading where one of the leaks was about US taxpayer money paying for drugs and providing underage boys for homosexual pedophiles in Afghanistan? That seems kind of bad to me. I'm finding less and less reasons to think these leaks are wrong.

Why is it ok for our government to freely spy on it's citizens? If anything, it should be the other way around. They work for us. I'm at odds with a government that cries a fucking river over some dirty laundry when they readily and willfully invade our privacy and freedoms all the goddamn time. It's like the world is turned upside down at times. It shouldn't be like this.
I am moving in this direction the more that comes out
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

sorry for post #3 in a row. yeah bad VV etiquette. Fuck you slut.

you know what grinds my gears? I want to look at these cables. 2 years ago, wikileaks would post it's primary sources and let everyone else decide. it has since created a media arm, and it's website, now http://www.wikilieaks.ch since the US has ragequit on their ass, has no links to primary sources and a lame, somewhat narcissistic pic of Assange on the front page. It is also unfortunate. They are only choosing to release the latest documents to chosen sympathetic media arms, NYT, der spiegel, the guardian, le monde and some Espana rag. I'd like to see the documents fully open and vetted by our conservative, moderate and liberal media.

thankfully, some outlets have chosen to give indexes and databases to what they've gotten .. but still .. if i only had a subscription to the Wall Street Journal and was an 80-year-old dude that doesnt even know what e-mail is I would have no idea what is out there.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Nick wrote:Boogahz and Funk are fine examples of how the people of a dying empire rationalise their own lack of knowledge and awareness.

Enjoy the ride down.

huh? What part makes you say that? That I didn't feel the diplomatic leaks were "That" bad? That I felt that the leaks regarding Middle-East relations in regards to Iran's nuke programs could be very dangerous? Or the part where I said that attacking servers worldwide that don't support you is idiotic, and will not garner support from others that might have been on the fence?
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Gzette wrote:sorry for post #3 in a row. yeah bad VV etiquette. Fuck you slut.

you know what grinds my gears? I want to look at these cables. 2 years ago, wikileaks would post it's primary sources and let everyone else decide. it has since created a media arm, and it's website, now http://www.wikilieaks.ch since the US has ragequit on their ass, has no links to primary sources and a lame, somewhat narcissistic pic of Assange on the front page. It is also unfortunate. They are only choosing to release the latest documents to chosen sympathetic media arms, NYT, der spiegel, the guardian, le monde and some Espana rag. I'd like to see the documents fully open and vetted by our conservative, moderate and liberal media.

thankfully, some outlets have chosen to give indexes and databases to what they've gotten .. but still .. if i only had a subscription to the Wall Street Journal and was an 80-year-old dude that doesnt even know what e-mail is I would have no idea what is out there.
Maybe I'm missing something, but the last time I looked, there was a link on their cablegate page to download all of the cables in one archive. It's around 6 MB compressed (7z), and decompresses to around 74 MB. I haven't read everything in the archive, but the one I downloaded last week seems to be pretty complete. They also have all of the cables browesable on the wikileaks.ch cablegate page (browse by creation date, country of origin or keywords).
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

Nick wrote:Boogahz and Funk are fine examples of how the people of a dying empire rationalise their own lack of knowledge and awareness.

Enjoy the ride down.

Didnt your country just get an ~80 billion dollar bailout from Europe? Nah but you guys are doing fine.. :roll:
Timmah.

Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Xatrei: maybe my internets are gay

funny development:

Hacker group Anonymous attacks financial detractors of Wikileaks
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Enjoy the ride down.
Hop on board or get crushed underneath! We're taking everyone else down with us on the express elevator to hell if we go!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Soreali wrote:
Didnt your country just get an ~80 billion dollar bailout from Europe? Nah but you guys are doing fine.. :roll:
Wrong country, idiot.

Not that the argument was valid in the first place. What a moron.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Nick wrote:
Soreali wrote:
Wrong country, idiot.

Not that the argument was valid in the first place. What a moron.
Funny how many people probably don't know that N. Ireland does not an Ireland make!
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Nick wrote:
Soreali wrote:
Wrong country, idiot.
Haha, what a moron.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

So tell me more about this 80 billion dollar bailout that Northern Ireland received from the EU?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Moron = him
Not you. :D
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Yeah, wasn't too sure there. Never can tell on these bloody forums!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Americans can tell.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Northern Ireland...lol!

The country where pipe bombs are still in fashion.
irishtimes.com - Last Updated: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 10:42

PUP member targeted in pipe bomb attack

Police in Northern Ireland have launched an investigation following a pipe bomb attack on the house of a member of the Progressive Unionist Party.

The incident happened at a house on the Milltown Road in Antrim town at 3.30am.
The United States has been kicking ass for 235 years while Northern Ireland and Canada are STILL England's bitches!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Yes yes, we get it. You're a patriot.

Wake everyone up when you're done wiping your hole on the flag kiddo.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Nick wrote:Yes yes, we get it. You're a patriot.

Wake everyone up when you're done wiping your hole on the flag kiddo.

Yes yes, we get it. You hate the U.S.

Wake everyone up when your done wiping your ass with our flag, KIDDO.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

hurp durp talk about wikileaks automatically be branded anti american by idiot patriots durpdy durp.

Hannity sucking motherfuckers!

Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Actually I am ok with the wikilieaks. I think pretty much both parties suck, both do bad things and these links pretty much prove that too. You don't listen to anything but the blathering of your own mind anyway, so that really doesn't matter what anyone actually posts in response.

And no, it was not your talk about the wikileaks that made you anti-american. You have said many times we suck, we are evil and we are stupid, fat, racist, but sure, believe it was the wikileaks comment.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

If the FRS reporter I was listening too Sat is accurate everything Wikileaks has released had already been released by a media outlet elsewhere, with their redactions, if any. This was just a convenient format to search through.

He claims to have 250k documents, he hasn't released 250k from what they said.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

The latest cables leaks were already reported in other media outlets?

That's not accurate at all.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I can see Nick sitting around at the local pub with his little leprechaun IRA friends reading Wikileaks randomly shouting out phrases like, "Power to the people!" and "Free Huey!" and then throwing a Molotov cocktail at their neighbor's car, bragging about it later at the nightly soccer hooligan brawl.

Good times!
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Nick wrote:The latest cables leaks were already reported in other media outlets?

That's not accurate at all.
No idea, didn't follow up on it.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Winnow wrote:I can see Nick sitting around at the local pub with his little leprechaun IRA friends reading Wikileaks randomly shouting out phrases like, "Power to the people!" and "Free Huey!" and then throwing a Molotov cocktail at their neighbor's car, bragging about it later at the nightly soccer hooligan brawl.

Good times!
Nah, molotovs are outdated, people use C4 nowadays .)
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Winnow wrote:I can see Nick sitting around at the local pub with his little leprechaun IRA friends reading Wikileaks randomly shouting out phrases like, "Power to the people!" and "Free Huey!" and then throwing a Molotov cocktail at their neighbor's car, bragging about it later at the nightly soccer hooligan brawl.

Good times!
Bile.

Anyway, back on topic, Assange on bail, but Sweden, in a clearly politically motivated attempt, has appealed against the bail. In further news, American shows it has no regard for its own citizens. http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn ... 14/manning

Worse still, will be the idiotic cunts who support this kind of treatment. Talk about fascism!