Cataclysm thread

WoW Discussion
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Cataclysm thread

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

I'm thinking of resubbing. Got an 80 Alliance rogue and DK, and a Horde 73 rogue and 71 priest (prefer Horde personally) and can switch servers.

Single thread for list of peeps still playing, rejoining, servers, guilds, factions, etc....
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Re: Cataclysm thread

Post by Animalor »

I still cannot believe that Blizzard still has this fracking queuing system in this god-damned game. Seriously! All machines to your realm to deal with load. Don't make paying customers wait for 1-hour +
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Yeah I didn't get on until 10:30 and it was only an 8 minute queue on SR but they were saying that some people (presumably you) were sitting in like 2-3 hour queues :-/.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Had about a 6 minute wait last night in eitrigg for about 240 people in queue. repops were happening so quick that i could get ganged up on because they were occurring so frequently. I'm glad my shammy can solo even with gimp gear.

No problems this morning though
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Blue post on the blizz forums were saying they increased the population limits on the servers to help accomodate.

My queue went from 1300 to about 100 in the blink of an eye then it was about a 5 minute wait.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

logged in briefly last night to run through the new race starting areas. Didn't get far on the alliance side, but loved the horde one. The Goblin starter "experience" was pretty fun. I only made it to the island where you throw bananas to the bombing monkeys, but I must say that Blizzard made me actually gasp at who I "rescued" at sea there! hehe...definitely not who/what I expected to run into.

I don't have much time to play much of anything right now, but I figure I will eventually log my 80's in to get some experience in the new/revamped zones.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Was it Capt. Placeholder?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

I've got a 7 day free pass, how much is visible if you haven't bought the expansion?
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Aabidano wrote:I've got a 7 day free pass, how much is visible if you haven't bought the expansion?
All of the starting areas are new. New graphics, new quests, ect. Pretty much all you cannot do is start either of the new races, fly in the old world, or get to the new zones that are levels 80-85 anyway.

The new content gets better and better IMO. Now it seems that BC is the red headed step child of WoW now. Old world, WotLK, and Cata are all on a whole other level in comparison.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

WotLK kind of blew unless you were willing to do dailies or dedicate more time than I was willing to it. Too easy to blow through it and get stuck. Kind of like the original game in that aspect.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The initial experience of WotLK (as in the 70-80 leveling process) was heads and shoulders over BC. That same cohesive questing and storytelling are now in the old world and Cata. Only time will tell if we're all bored and sitting on our hands in Cata in 3 months time like we were with WotLK. I fucking hope not. Blizzard spaces their content and expansions out so long, there's no doubt in my mind that I will hit the ceiling well before they have new stuff ready. I just hope it takes longer this time.

The quests are varied and sometimes amazing so far. The Joust quest? Holy crap. Hillsbrad Foothills has a Plants vs Zombie quest where you play a 3D version of the game. Your reward is:

The zones are beautiful too. I've liked everything about this expansion so far. Blizzard raised the bar again IMO.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Not sure how it's going to take longer to get bored this time around. I personally have no interest in alts, I've never understood peoples need to do that. So if you have a 80, from what I've been reading, it'll take you about 15-20 hours MAX to get to 85. That's a weekend, then you're back to a few new raid zones..
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I've played well over 20 hours and I'm 2/3rds into 82, so you are really off the mark on that timeframe. I know this because I've watched 13 DVDs so far as I've been playing :P I've only done a single instance, which was easy as fuck, the rest has been pretty much chain questing. I haven't touched archeology at all, my heralisim is doing well, and my alchemy is at 500. I haven't touched my cooking skill at all yet. I just got a new rank in bandaging. I've replaced over 1/2 my gear with quest rewards, mostly greens. I've made over 1500gold from quests alone, even with repairs. I've died around 10ish times total in the expansion thanks in very large part to insane repops combined with starfall! That spell really has the potential to do more harm than good :P

It will take me at least 2-3 months to get my character in semi reasonable order. I'll have faction grinding, working on archeology and getting all my alchemy/cooking recipes, and PvP of course. I'll also be completely gearing my character for Feral Cat, Feral bear (Tanking), Moonkin, and Resto for both PvE and PvP. All of that before I factor my alt into things. I'm also completely ignoring raiding, achievements, guild achievements, guild rewards, collecting non combat pets and other rare drops/rewards, or enchanting all of my gear for each spec!

I never really wanted to play an alt because I've already seen/done the old world content. My druid lived there for over 2 years before Burning Crusade came along so there was nothing else for me to see/do with another character. That was my main reason for avoiding alts. Been there, done that. However, now I have a desire to level at least 1 alt because everything is new. I want to play the game all over again since it's a new and much improved game. Things have changed a great deal with level 10 being a defining moment in your character's progression. I just want to play it all over again. It's WoW 2.0 and that is pretty exciting to me.

It just appears that you are burnt out. There's nothing wrong with that. We've all been there. But your WoW "funk" couldn't have come at a worse time because this is not only the best WoW expansion yet, it's the largest, most ambitious/streamlined/complete expansion I have ever seen for any game.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Huh. I've read numerous articles stating otherwise on the leveling.. Almost the entire staff of Game Informer took the week off to play it, and they seemed to say they were all at around 84 with 12 hours played in. Keeping in mind they are probably playing like I would, I would level as fast as possible, not taking the time to stop and read quest text and learn the lore that I could care less about.

I wouldn't say I'm burnt out on WoW, I've just realized it's not what I like in a MMO. Many people here have stated that the things they liked about EQ, they would not like now. I don't agree, I like games to be punishing, obnoxiously difficult, time consuming, etc. It's why I go out of my way to get achievements/trophies that most people would take one look at and forget existed.

It's also why I like Final Fantasy, it's tough. There's competition for mobs, etc. WoW is too dumbed down, the only mild challenge in raiding comes from them over complicating boss encounters to counter all the simplification that's in play because of all the add ons everyone uses.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I've played well over 20 hours and I'm 2/3rds into 82, so you are really off the mark on that timeframe. I know this because I've watched 13 DVDs so far as I've been playing :P I've only done a single instance, which was easy as fuck, the rest has been pretty much chain questing. I haven't touched archeology at all, my heralisim is doing well, and my alchemy is at 500. I haven't touched my cooking skill at all yet. I just got a new rank in bandaging. I've replaced over 1/2 my gear with quest rewards, mostly greens. I've made over 1500gold from quests alone, even with repairs. I've died around 10ish times total in the expansion thanks in very large part to insane repops combined with starfall! That spell really has the potential to do more harm than good :P

It will take me at least 2-3 months to get my character in semi reasonable order. I'll have faction grinding, working on archeology and getting all my alchemy/cooking recipes, and PvP of course. I'll also be completely gearing my character for Feral Cat, Feral bear (Tanking), Moonkin, and Resto for both PvE and PvP. All of that before I factor my alt into things. I'm also completely ignoring raiding, achievements, guild achievements, guild rewards, collecting non combat pets and other rare drops/rewards, or enchanting all of my gear for each spec!

I never really wanted to play an alt because I've already seen/done the old world content. My druid lived there for over 2 years before Burning Crusade came along so there was nothing else for me to see/do with another character. That was my main reason for avoiding alts. Been there, done that. However, now I have a desire to level at least 1 alt because everything is new. I want to play the game all over again since it's a new and much improved game. Things have changed a great deal with level 10 being a defining moment in your character's progression. I just want to play it all over again. It's WoW 2.0 and that is pretty exciting to me.

It just appears that you are burnt out. There's nothing wrong with that. We've all been there. But your WoW "funk" couldn't have come at a worse time because this is not only the best WoW expansion yet, it's the largest, most ambitious/streamlined/complete expansion I have ever seen for any game.
Interesting, I'm almost 84 and I've been pretty casual about things. I think I beat the curve on a lot of the more casuals leveling since I'm EST on a PST server. I only had to really compete for spawns for a few stupid quests in Vashj'ir and Deepholm I had no competition. The longest delays I've had in leveling were stupid slay quests for items (King Burubrubrbrbrleebelelebee) and certain quests just not spawning correctly (Ascend no more! and some Alliance airship quest). I actually took an active break from leveling to get Mining up and cash in a bit. I trained 310% flying and already made 5500g this expac from selling Cloth, Ore and Volatiles. I know people have much more cash than that, but for me, it's pretty good.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I just got the Cataclysm themed, updated steel series mouse. I'll hook it up, configure it, and give it a full trial run tomorrow. It's big. That is my initial impression. If it sucks, I'll take it back. I have high hopes though, since it appears to be so well intigrated into the game.

Also, I'll hit 85 tomorrow for sure.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I just got the Cataclysm themed, updated steel series mouse.
:lol: :roll:

Spaceballs, the flamethrower!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Well, when combined with my G13 I feel unstoppable now. I play like I'm driving a tank, with my left and right hands resting on different multi button controllers. I only touch my keyboard to type now, but thanks to Vent, guild groups, and my G35 voice activated headset, I don't even really have to type much! All of the extra buttons and controls on the mouse allowed me to customize my G13 in a much, much better way. The 2 go together very well and I couldn't imagine a cleaner, more comfortable setup for playing WoW.

The mouse is very large, but light. It moves fast and looks pretty good IMO. It's easy to set up and all the buttons are in great locations. I hold and move it more with my palm than my fingers, which is a change up for me. I've been playing all day and it's still comfortable to use. No cramping or weird issues with using certain buttons over and over. It's also proving a nice improvement for general surfing and computer use.

I was really on the fence about it but after a day of playing I am impressed. My doubts and fears have been put to rest and I think it was a great purchase.

Here is the product page for the mouse:

http://steelseries.com/products/games/w ... ming-mouse

And here is the page for the G13:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards ... vices/5123

With the G13 I have the keys setup with WSAD controls and the little thumbstick is used to cast the majority of my moonkin spells. It's a really comfortable setup. When you lay your hand on the device, everything is very ergonomic and right at your fingertips.

Switching profiles on the G13 is cake. It even changes color based on which of the 3 layouts are active. I have not attempted to setup an alternate profile on my new mouse yet, so let's hope it is equally easy and it would be great if I can match the LED color scheme to match the G13 (pretty sure I can).
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I hit 85 last night. It looks like I'll be dropping Moonkin and instead go back to tanking for the forseeable future. The demand is too high, and when doing all the new stuff, I admit I would rather be directing the flow of the instance as the tank than watching as a dps.

Druid mushrooms are pretty stupid. Good on paper, almost useless in practice. It takes too long to set them up. Good for burst dmg when you have time to prep though.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I hit 85 on Saturday night with my Druid. I had intended to focus on just this character but as he is an Inscriptionist and Jewelcrafter, I have alts to get him the mats he needs to move forward. I have a second Druid that I use purely for the gathering of ore and herbs. With his 310 speed and not needing to break form to pick herbs, he rocks. Well I found that if I wanted to get the higher end mats I would need to be at least level 82. So I started him on the quest chain in Mount Hyjal. I got 82 and then took him to Twilight Highlands to start work there. I found that Twilight Jasmine needs a 525 skill. So just a bit of hoping between zones to get things squared away.

My main Druid has discovered all the instances and my guild is doing randoms for Justice Points now. A few of them are doing heroics and they say that they are far more difficult at this time. I have 100k hitpoints and 70k mana as a Boomkin. I find myself running out of mana on a lot of fights now due to the mobs having huge hitpoints as well. I may need to reconfigure my spec to add more points into Moonglow to save on mana.

I can see myself not being bored for a long time.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

A few friends were playing and talked me into buy crapaclysm, so I played this weekend. Got most of the way to 83 on my druid.. Been through all the quests in Hyjal, far enough in Vashj'ir to get the seahorse, and like mid way through deepholm now. So far everything is kinda meh to me, nothing really sticks out. The sea horse was honestly probably the highlight of the expansion so far, and I don't even use it over my aquatic form cause it's less convenient.

I also haven't replaced any of my gear yet. Losing set bonuses/gem bonuses, etc isn't worth it when the biggest upgrade any of the quest/drop items I've got has been maybe 100 armor and 10 agility.

I'll try some instances once I get to 85 and see what I think, but I dunno at this point. I really just wish more people I knew had computers that would run FF XIV :(

I will say, being able to fly in Orgrimmar made the city tolerable now, I don't have to fuck around for 15 minutes figuring out how to get up a level or whatever.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Bubba Grizz wrote:...100k hitpoints and 70k mana as a Boomkin. I find myself running out of mana on a lot of fights now due to the mobs having huge hitpoints as well.
That's just silly :)

Guess they had to scale it all up at once.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aabidano wrote:
Bubba Grizz wrote:...100k hitpoints and 70k mana as a Boomkin. I find myself running out of mana on a lot of fights now due to the mobs having huge hitpoints as well.
That's just silly :)

Guess they had to scale it all up at once.
ridiculous!

Eleventybillion is not out of the question!
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Funkmasterr wrote:I will say, being able to fly in Orgrimmar made the city tolerable now, I don't have to fuck around for 15 minutes figuring out how to get up a level or whatever.
I completely agree but at the same time, it's made running around on anyone other than my Paladin who has 310 + Crusader Aura slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

ilevel difference between the 318 quest rewards and 251/264 epics I had made me swap, but the 288-30x rewards weren't always upgrades. I think as you go further into the quest zones you'll see the items to replace your set bonuses etc. Then again, I didn't have heroic 25 gear, or even heroic 10.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I never have a reason to run, unless indoors, and at least then I have cat form/dash :) But even going from quest mob to quest mob i just use flight form, since it's insta-cast, and i'll click it off and change to cat form as I fall down from the air. Collection quests for the most part I don't even have to break flight form to do, I've always thought this is kinda a unfair advantage druids have, but I'm not complaining!

I didn't have any stuff from heroic ICC either, but I had full 25 man regular mode gear including weapon. I know I'll get upgrades soon enough, but honestly I don't even want it to happen.. I spent so damn much time getting all that fucking gear!
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

I'm very curious what everyone (who is posting in this thread) will think of heroics once they start doing them. They are nothing like WOTLK heroics.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

My guildmates have already completed them all. From what I can tell from discussions, once everyone is in reasonable PvE gear, the difficulty will have a significant drop off. WotLK heroics were difficult at first as well. Two years later, everyine outgeared them so much that they were a joke. The new instances will be no different!
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

These aren't even close to WOTLK heroics. Not even in the same league. We were completing Wrath heroics the day we hit 80, still in our T6 epics.

Granted because of some RL issues over the last week I've only had time to do heroic SF and heroic vortex pinnacle, and while they'll certainly become easier with gear (which applies to everything in this game) they're still extremely challenging over all. The trash is occasionally tedious and people absolutely have to focus shit down and CC; some of the bosses have tougher mechanics than most wrath raid encounters - that may not be saying much, but believe me you will not be doing heroics with actual 'random' groups for some time.

Oh, also, SFK took us about two hours, VP about an hour and 15 minutes (and it's relatively short).
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'm tanking agin, much to the happiness and applause of my guild mates. I did 4 random regular instances the other day and every one said I was a fantastic tank. I find that odd since I haven't tanked in months, I have several new abilities I have yet to figure out, didn't know the instances or boss fights at all, and I still have several greens in my gear slots. I guess it's more of a commentary on how bad other tanks are! I actually thought it was the healers making me look good. Still, it's nice to get complimented. People rarely say shit to the dpsers! Tanks and healers get all the respect (and all the blame!).

I'm happy to be tanking again and think Moonkin will take a backseat for the foreseeable future. My 2 specs will by cat and bear (again!).
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Not to say you're a bad tank, but normals are a really poor indicator because they don't require a tank (and to a much greater extent, the healer) to use all their abilities or use them properly. In heroics, threat is not really the problem as much as minimizing damage so your healer doesn't run OOM or can't heal every member up (i.e. knowing when to use cooldowns or disarm (warrior) or interrupt). Also, I find people comment to DPS just as much as tanks these days, though both are generally negative i.e. "don't stand in the god damn fire baddie."
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Up to cataclysm, I pretty regularly got comments about my dps. Cat dps isn't too common, and finding cat dps that knows how to maximize their dps is rare.

I'll most likely have issues getting used to having to hold back now, I really hate having to.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

You have to go balls to the walls dps. The difference is that you and the other 2 dpsers have to focus fire one mob at a time. AEing does not kill a group of mobs fast enough anymore. It also uses a shitload more mana (at leadt as boomkin!). It's all about focus fire now.

Single target who has the tank's main attention? Go nuts. You basically have to because even regular, non heroic trash mobs have 1.5 million HPs. No one has ever pulled a single mob off me in Cataclysm. Now people who AE before the mobs even get to me may get some unwanted attention, but I can gather them up before they do too much damage :). Like what was already said, dps has to kill the bad guys before the healer goes oom.

At least for now, Cataclysm is a challange.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Well I got to 85 tonight.. I need to do the stupid "With a little helper from my friends" achievement now for winter veil, it's the last one I need to get the purple proto, and I'm fucking dreading doing it.. It's seriously a bullshit achievement, particularly for ferals. I have completely finished (every single quest) two of the new zones, and I'll probably go do the other three before I start doing any dungeons.

I don't see myself getting into this like I've been in the past, but once I've got the above done I'll probably run a random here and there with a few of my friends. I'm sure before the next expansion I'll make it to the point of raiding, :lol:
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Funkmasterr wrote:I'm sure before the next expansion I'll make it to the point of raiding:
So... like 2015?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aabidano wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:I'm sure before the next expansion I'll make it to the point of raiding:
So... like 2015?

Sounds about right :D
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

My main is now doing Uldum quests so I can get that Loremaster achievement or whatever it is called for doing the 5 main zones. My gathering druid is going to hit 85 purely by harvesting ore and herbs. He's got rested exp for the rest of 84 and I'm about 4 bubbles from ding.

Herbing and mining have become more difficult now that more players are high enough level to enter the zone. Not to mention the bots as well. I just want to get my Darkmoon Card made.
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

I have been impressed with the difficulty of Cataclysm raids so far. Since they announced 10 man raids will share the same loot table as 25s my guild decided to split into 2 10 man teams. The 10 man raids are really unforgiving and actually require a bit of skill, not that the 25 man raids don't but there is deffinitely wiggle room in there. This blew me away considering the hardest fight in WoTLK could have been done by 5 players and 5 monkeys. If one person messes up on a single fight in cata raids its basically a wipe for the whole raid. We are currently working on Chimearon and the mechanics of this fight are simply astonishing.

My guild needed a tank so I put aside my priest of 5 years and have been playing my prot paladin. This is some of the most fun I've had tanking in an MMO and I hope cata continues this trend. You really need to be on your toes 80% of the time as a tank. As opposed to WoTLK which was just blind AE damage with no aggroe loss.

The guild achievements are pretty cool as well. We have been going back and clearing every old raid and dungeon just to get the achievement points.

Prior to Cata I was definitely looking at putting this game down and not returning. I stuck it out till Cata because I wanted to see if Blizzard could save the game. I give them props for what they have done.

On a side note. I am a bit pissed at how all the complaining about the difficulty of heroic dungeons is causing them to nerf a lot of the fights.
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I haven't played in over 4 weeks. I log in every now and then to check AH stuff, then go play xbox. My guildmates are already lightyears ahead of me. I'm going to just keep
Questing when I feel like logging on just to build guild rep. My guild is knocking out max rep every week but I can't purchase anything yet.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I've only played a few of the 5 mans, and while they were fun enough, I'm not a fan of the "everyone has 25 add ons so we need to make you run around dodging puddles like neo dodging bullets in the matrix" approach to things.

It bugs me more cause as a feral when I have to constantly stop attacking and move out of the way of a puddle every other second it makes keeping up my dps far more of a chore than anything, and it some cases it's not even worth the effort.

I would rather the mechanics be less ridiculous, and the classes more complex... Like, everyone has a class as tough to master as being a good bard in EQ. Then make simple mechanics around the fight that just serve to ensure you won't win if people aren't playing their class really well.

I don't know that I'll make it to raiding in Cata, I just haven't even been motivated to do instances and get gear.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Pretty much the same boat I am in. I only login now to do my JC dailies and use up my transmute cooldowns on my Alch. I harvest a bit every morning to help feed those other toons but other than that I haven't been playing much. We changed raid times a few months previous to Cata and since then I haven't been able to raid. Not that it matters much considering how much Druids have been nerfed.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

The druid nerfs on PTR are just... ouch.
Druids

Barkskin is no longer dispellable.
Entangling Roots now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
Healing Touch is now trained at level 78, up from level 3.
Hibernate now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
Lacerate damage has been reduced by approximately 20%.
Mangle (Bear Form) weapon damage (at level 80+) has been reduced to 235%, down from 300%.
Mangle (Cat Form) weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased to 460%, up from 360%.
Maul damage has been reduced by approximately 20%.
Moonfire mana cost has been reduced from 18% to 9%.
Mount Up: This guild perk now applies to Flight Form and Swift Flight Form as well.
Nature's Grasp now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
Nourish is now trained at level 8, down from level 78.
Omen of Clarity can no longer trigger from helpful spells (aka heals), unless the Restoration talent Malfurion's Gift is chosen.
Prowl is no longer broken by enemies using Demoralizing Shout or Demoralizing Roar.
Rake damage has been reduced by 10%.
Rejuvenation is now trained at level 3, down from level 8. In addition, its mana cost has been reduced from 26% to 16%.
Rip damage has been reduced by 10%.
Shapeshifts: Entering or leaving a shapeshift no longer cancels root effects. It continues to cancel movement slowing effects.
Shred weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased to 450%, up from 350%.
Skull Bash's lockout time has been reduced to 4 seconds, down from 5.
Soothe is now instant cast, down from 1.5 seconds.
Worgen and troll druids now have new art for Swift Flight Form.
Talent Specializations
Balance
The Shooting Stars buff duration has been increased to 12 seconds, up from 8 seconds.
Sunfire mana cost has been reduced from 18% to 9%.
Total Eclipse (Mastery) benefit from mastery increased by approximately 33%.
Typhoon mana cost has been reduced by 50%.
Wild Mushroom is now instant cast, down from 0.5 seconds. In addition, the radius of detonation has been increased to 6 yards, up from 3, and damage done increased by 15%.
Feral
Berserk (instant Mangle proc) now has a new Spell Alert identifier. In addition, Berserk no longer breaks Fear or makes the druid immune to Fear.
Infected Wounds now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
Pulverize weapon damage percent has been reduced to 80%, down from 100%.
Restoration
Empowered Touch now also affects Regrowth. In addition, after Tree of Life is no longer active, this talent will only refresh the most recently cast or refreshed Lifebloom, and will not refresh other copies of Lifebloom.
Natural Shapeshifter has been reduced to a 3/6-second increase to Tree of Life's duration, down from 5/10.
Nature's Bounty no longer affects Swiftmend, but now has a new effect. When the druid has Rejuvenation on 3 or more targets, the cast time of Nourish is reduced by 10/20/30%.
Symbiosis (Mastery) benefit from mastery increased by approximately 16%.
Tree of Life duration has been reduced to 25 seconds, down from 30.
Wild Growth healing has been increased by 30%, and the cooldown has been reduced to 8 seconds, down from 10.
Glyphs
Glyph of Entangling Roots redesigned. It now reduces the cast time of Entangling Roots by 0.2 seconds, rather than making it instant cast.
Glyph of Regrowth now causes the heal-over-time effect to refresh itself on targets at or below 50% health, up from 25%.
Glyph of Wrath now increases damage done by Wrath by 10% and no longer requires Insect Swarm on the target.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Wow, way to completely rape a class because of faggoty pvp cry babies. Just another reason I hate pvp, not that I needed another.

Shapeshift not breaking root and berserk not breaking fear are fucking ridiculous... Can't believe they'd change that. Like I said in my last post, it's hard enough to deal with the stupid fight mechanics they put in this game as a feral, and if that's how they're going to do druids, it'll make me play even less.. I think it's finally time to cancel.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I didn't login but maybe once over the entire weekend and I didn't even miss it. Hell I was more concerned about playing Frontierville than I was WoW. Sad state of affairs.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Canceled all of my MMO subscriptions beside FF 14 just now.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I did a six month sub when I reactivated for Cata, really wish I would only have done 1 month. The class mechanic changes really feel like they didn't have any new ideas for content, so they tried to cover that up by fucking up how we operate our toons.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I was this > < close to pulling the trigger to deactivate my account yesterday. There are some things I want to do yet before give in to the urge. I will be changing my 6 month sign up down to a 3 month though.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Meh, only thing that irritates me is 10 man is equivalent to 25 man raids...

Interesting with the MM changes for hunters last patch; if you have the gear, MM smashes surv now, but with the shithouse blue bow I have I can keep close (15%) to the MM hunters w/ epic bows and month of badge gear more than me, but if I go MM it's a 40% gap...
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

10 man being equal probably saved the game for me. I have no interest in trying to coordinate with so many people anymore, let alone all the damned technical issues that can crop up. I'd be happy if future games took it even further. 5 person "raids"!
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Popped in on the 10 day freebie, the little I've seen is pretty cool so far. Dunno if I'm actually going to pay for it though.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Dregor Thule wrote:10 man being equal probably saved the game for me. I have no interest in trying to coordinate with so many people anymore, let alone all the damned technical issues that can crop up. I'd be happy if future games took it even further. 5 person "raids"!
While it's not enough to get me to play this again, I agree. Trying to get the right setup of people that aren't completely incompetent is too much work, especially in WoW.