Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

The Wolfman (2010)

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Benicio del Toro and Sir Anthony Hopkins take turns chewing up the scenery in this high profile remake of one of Universal Studio's classic monster movies.

The good news is that when the project was first announced, the director was adament about using traditional special effects and forgoing CGI. The bad news is that the movie kept getting delayed because of all the time it was taking to do the massive amount of CGI work that the studio demanded in post production. I swear this movie was cursed. They also redid the entire fucking soundtrack at one point, then threw that out and went back to the first score all over again. When I saw the first trailer for the movie, I was like "fuck yeah". Aparrently that trailer didn't test well with audiences, so they redid the trailer with faster cuts and added a rock soundtrack. When I saw the remade trailer I was like "Wtf is this shit?". How could you have such a drastic difference in 2 trailers for the same movie? I was getting mixed signals all throughout production so I really didn't know what to expect.

It turns out the movie was a little of "classic" column A and "hip" column B. I liked what they did for the most part. In this version, the Wolfman is fucking badass. He will rip you in half. He's a goddamn MONSTER. It gets a tad silly here and there, but yeah, I think I liked it. If you watch it at night with the lights out, it does a great job of setting the mood and tone for a Wolfman movie.

7/10

(I'd really like to hear the soundtrack they threw out. I heard it was techno, lol.)