Whale Wars- the ramming

What do you think about the world?
Mak
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Whale Wars- the ramming

Post by Mak »

Has anyone watched the episode of Whale Wars in which a Japanese whaling vessel rams a Sea Shepherds speed boat?

I watched the video of the event on the episode, and it certainly looks to be a deliberate ramming. The Japanese have denied that they did it on purpose, and have even apparently claimed that the Ady Gil (the rammed ship) deliberately moved into their path. However, it certainly looks as the Ady Gil was dead in the water when rammed.

For those of you in Australia/New Zealand- how did this play out there? I believe the Australian government has jurisdiction and has ruled against the Japanese, but nothing else seems to have happened.
Makora

Too often it seems it is the peaceful and innocent who are slaughtered. In this a lesson may be found that it may not be prudential to be either too peaceful or too innocent. One does not survive with wolves by becoming a sheep.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Whale Wars- the ramming

Post by Aabidano »

As much as I disagree with Japanese whaling (which is quite a lot), I absolutely despise Sea Sheppard and the the entire crowd of drama queens that surround and support them and their ilk.

Watching whale wars just prolongs and supports their bullshit.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

ok so I didn't know who Sea Shepherds are. I had heard of some crazies on the high seas fucking with whaling boats. And I had heard them called terrorists. So after reading this thread I went and read their wikipedia page. I'm not sure I understand why it is that you hate them, or why people hate them so much. I would love to hear the reasoning.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

the sea shephard organization has rammed and sunk vessels...sometimes shit comes back to bite you on the ass is how I see it.

while I disagree with whaling, the drama queens that are the sea shephards don't deserve any pity. they are terrorists by a different name, I guess. They ram, they sink, they attack, they utilize chemical warfare...and for their efforts, they get a TV show. I think the reason people hate them so much is because they are a very polarizing organization. Anyone that force feeds like they do, that dramatizes things to an extreme, who constantly prods and pokes the giant sleeping bear...and then cries foul when that bear gets sick of their shit...well, people do NOT empathize with that. I don't.

Its the same as PETA...people get polarized by their extremism...what kind of feelings does PETA bring up with you?

Finding whalers and proving their activities are illegal to the IWC is what they should do...not all the other stuff.

But on the original question, no, I don't watch that show, and no, haven't heard a peep about the alleged ramming.

edit: you know, the other thing i thought about after posting...I wouldn't put it past the shephards to purposefully get a ship hit/sunk/rrammed whatever, because it creates tension, story, cliffhangers, whatever for their TV show. They are producing action at that point. IMO, makes them, and whaling opposition, look bad.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I've never seen the show.. Other than the parody episode South Park did which was rather amusing.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Aslanna wrote:I've never seen the show.. Other than the parody episode South Park did which was rather amusing.
I thought South Park just made it up too...I didn't even know it was a real show.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

well i should start by saying that i'm an animal lover. I love animals more than most people to be honest. And the animals in my life, I treat them as friends, not pets. I view their lives and most animals' lives equally valuable to mine. So it is extremely easy for me to identify with the philosophy of groups like the sea shepherds and with peta.

now as to this terrorism business. I mean really? terrorists? for me the criteria is simple. have they killed anybody? NO. have they saved any animals? YES. probably hundreds if not thousands of animals lives (which I value equally to humans) have been saved as a direct result of this group's actions. And lets face it, these animals don't have a chance against humans if there are not other humans on their side (as you claim to be). In addition, their actions are intended to thwart criminals. You know, the people who are actually breaking the law. So in essence sea shepherds are vigilantes and not terrorists.

OK, so some people hate all vigilantes. I can understand that. I'm not too fond of organizations like Blackwater. Nonetheless, each group has to be judged by their action. You want these vigilantes to be narcs or tattle tales that "report" the crime to the "proper authorities" when we all know exactly what the result of that would be: A bunch more dead fucking whales.

So although Sea Shepherds never killed or even seriously injured anybody, and even though they have saved hundreds if not thousands of lives, in your minds they are somehow villains instead of heros because they are drama queens? seriously - fuck you, you goddamn armchair quarterbacks. your position is that since the people who are supposed to be protecting the whales are incompetent, the whales should just die, even though you personally are against whaling. The ends don't justify the means in this case if the means have to be dramatic? How fucking absurd. How fucking asinine.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

While I'd also say there have been a lot of animals along the way I like a lot more that many people I've known, I don't make any equivalence between animals and people.

These guys are terrorists, plain and simple. The ends don't justify the means. And drama queens, I wouldn't put that tag on most other terrorists but the mindset is certainly there. These folks get it due to their Disney-fied worldview, statements and actions. Much like the idiots at PETA, ALF, etc... I'm still amazed that they've got a TV show.

Again, while I love animals I don't make any equivalence between animals and people.

Xyun - Do you eat meat? Or any farm produced grains for that matter? Should we be attacking cattle farmers too? Or be out "liberating" hog farms?
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Aabidano wrote: These guys are terrorists, plain and simple. The ends don't justify the means. And drama queens, I wouldn't put that tag on most other terrorists but the mindset is certainly there. These folks get it due to their Disney-fied worldview, statements and actions. Much like the idiots at PETA, ALF, etc... I'm still amazed that they've got a TV show.
They aren't terrorists and calling them that is idiotic. The word has a specific meaning not just "anyone I don't like" which is how Americans like to use it.

The Sea Shepherd guys spent decades fighting through legitimate channels then got sick of the bullshit stunts pulled by the whaling nations. So they went out there and walked the walk instead of fruitlessly talking the talk.

Good for them.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

terrorism (usually uncountable; plural terrorisms)

1. The deliberate commission of an act of violence to create an emotional response through the suffering of the victims in the furtherance of a political or social agenda.
2. Violence against civilians to achieve military or political objectives.
3. A psychological strategy of war for gaining political or religious ends by deliberately creating a climate of fear among the population of a state.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/terrorism
Despite the US govt and media overuse of the word it's pretty much spot on in this case. I've more respect for the PLO and Hezbollah than these clowns.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I am most definitely against whaling. Just because I don't agree with ONE GROUP'S tactics..doesn't make me an arm chair qb...or a supporter of whaling. I donate at seaworld, god damnit! at the baltimore aquarium, god damnit! In other words, I apologize that saving the whales isn't at the top of my priorities.

In all seriousness though, besides people who feel animals lives are the same value as human lives, they will not empathize with the Sea Shephard folks. They act out things, they over dramatize, its far too clear that their show is a creation, not a reality show. So, they go out, and do stupid shit, like ram, get rammed, scuttle, throw chemicals at ships...whatever...to get in the news and spark curiosity...the problem is then that most people who are curious, and research or watch, are soon polarized by them. See my point? probably not.

And when are they going to go and use these aggressive tactics on the inuits that kill whales by the hundreds? They are in canoes, should be real easy for them to thwart those evil humans of the north!
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Aabidano wrote:

1. The deliberate commission of an act of violence to create an emotional response through the suffering of the victims in the furtherance of a political or social agenda.
3. A psychological strategy of war for gaining political or religious ends by deliberately creating a climate of fear among the population of a state.
Despite the US govt and media overuse of the word it's pretty much spot on in this case. I've more respect for the PLO and Hezbollah than these clowns.
Notwithstanding your incredibly amoral assertion at the end of your post - which of these definitions do you ascribe to the Sea Shepherds?
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Kluden wrote: And when are they going to go and use these aggressive tactics on the inuits that kill whales by the hundreds? They are in canoes, should be real easy for them to thwart those evil humans of the north!
That would be because they're not opposed to subsistence whaling, just that factory-ship slaughter of endangered species by nations that should know better.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

vn_Tanc wrote:
Aabidano wrote:

Notwithstanding your incredibly amoral assertion at the end of your post - which of these definitions do you ascribe to the Sea Shepherds?
#1.
Timmah.

Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Its a double standard. whaling is part of the history and culture of several countries. Because they are bigger does not mean they should not do it...perhaps if they had smaller, wooden boats to do it in? I'm not condoning, I'm just pointing out that Sea Shephard is not consistent in their judgment of the human species...they are only judgmental on a racial level. See, its always a race thing in the end.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

There's plenty of land based whales to harpoon. No need to kill the smarter sea versions.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Aslanna wrote:I've never seen the show.. Other than the parody episode South Park did which was rather amusing.
It was rather funny! :D

I have heard of this show. I just figured it was a silly reality/drama show like 'Ghost Hunters' or whatever. I'm not a fan of whaling by any means, but these folks seem like the ELF/PETA/Michael Moore strain of liberal that I cannot agree with.

When there is no rational discourse, there is no reasoning.
en kærlighed småkager
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

I wasn't aware Japan had a whaling history other than their annual dolphin slaughter, and some minor activity by the Ainu. Their claims are based on the fact that whale meat is pretty tasty to the Japanese people and sells well.

Japanese factory whaling isn't comparable to the sustenance whaling done by the Inuit and other arctic peoples.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

when you actively try to ram and sink vessles you pretty much get what you have coming to you. the entire point of the ady gil was to get in the way of their boats to slow them down and keep them from whaling so i don't know what they expected. they also throw and shoot projectiles filled with acid at the ships pretty consistantly.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

vn_Tanc wrote:
Kluden wrote: And when are they going to go and use these aggressive tactics on the inuits that kill whales by the hundreds? They are in canoes, should be real easy for them to thwart those evil humans of the north!
That would be because they're not opposed to subsistence whaling, just that factory-ship slaughter of endangered species by nations that should know better.
Not to defend whaling, but the Japs are hunting mainly minke whales, which are not endangered.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Mak wrote:I watched the video of the event on the episode, and it certainly looks to be a deliberate ramming.
We must have watched different videos.

The Japanese have denied that they did it on purpose, and have even apparently claimed that the Ady Gil (the rammed ship) deliberately moved into their path. However, it certainly looks as the Ady Gil was dead in the water when rammed.
The Shōnan Maru 2 is a slow harpoon boat. 180 feet long with a top speed of 12 knots.
The Ady Gil is a relatively quick, small boat with a top speed of 50 knots.

It's gotta be nearly impossible for a boat plodding along 13 mph to ram a boat like the Ady Gil.
It's common sense to give large boats a wide berth because they are simply not capable of making quick, last minute manouvres.

The clearly visible turbulence behind the Ady Gil moments before the collision would indicate it was not 'dead in the water'.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sorta funny commentary from SP creators from that episode about why they don't like WW and Paul Watson.
After watching that show it made me sympathize with Japanese whalers. Somehow it's that badly done of a television show and that lame of a subject that you actually side with the guys who are killing whales
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

That's awesome, went and watched Whale Whores earlier, great stuff.
After watching that show it made me sympathize with Japanese whalers. Somehow it's that badly done of a television show and that lame of a subject that you actually side with the guys who are killing whales
Yes
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

think 2 seasons are available for streaming via Netflix if anyone wants to watch the "show" unfold
Jarori Bloodletter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Jarori Bloodletter »

miir wrote:
Mak wrote:I watched the video of the event on the episode, and it certainly looks to be a deliberate ramming.
We must have watched different videos.

The Japanese have denied that they did it on purpose, and have even apparently claimed that the Ady Gil (the rammed ship) deliberately moved into their path. However, it certainly looks as the Ady Gil was dead in the water when rammed.
The Shōnan Maru 2 is a slow harpoon boat. 180 feet long with a top speed of 12 knots.
The Ady Gil is a relatively quick, small boat with a top speed of 50 knots.

It's gotta be nearly impossible for a boat plodding along 13 mph to ram a boat like the Ady Gil.
It's common sense to give large boats a wide berth because they are simply not capable of making quick, last minute manouvres.

The clearly visible turbulence behind the Ady Gil moments before the collision would indicate it was not 'dead in the water'.

They ( the Japs) TURNED INTO THEM.. or are you BLIND??
Eq1
Jarori Bloodletter (retired)
Emgug 85 Cleric
Fugara 85 Shaman
Jardoeni 85 Beastlord
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Search for the video from the Shōnan Maru 2.
When they started getting close, whoever was at the helm of the Ady Gil 'gunned it' right into the side of the fucking boat.
The churn behind the Ady Gil is unrefutable proof that the boat was under heavy acceleration.

Look at the 15 second mark of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ORdhQU3Aw

A 500 ton boat doesn't turn on a fucking dime and carries a lot of fucking momentum.

The Ady Gil minutes earlier was running circles around it.
The morons on the Ady Gil basically stopped their boat right in the path of the Shōnan Maru 2.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I don't have a horse in this race, so to speak, but Miir is correct. That video is all the proof you need.

Off topic a bit, but that was a pretty sweet bat-boat. There must be some decent money in fighting whale hunters!
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

I made it through one episode, but the show is almost unwatchable. I seem to the main guy was in Greenpeace and was asked to leave because he was essentially bat shit insane.

And no that boat was not dead in the water, you can actually see them gun it into the other boat.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Jarori Bloodletter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Jarori Bloodletter »

miir wrote:Search for the video from the Shōnan Maru 2.
When they started getting close, whoever was at the helm of the Ady Gil 'gunned it' right into the side of the fucking boat.
The churn behind the Ady Gil is unrefutable proof that the boat was under heavy acceleration.

Look at the 15 second mark of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ORdhQU3Aw

A 500 ton boat doesn't turn on a fucking dime and carries a lot of fucking momentum.

The Ady Gil minutes earlier was running circles around it.
The morons on the Ady Gil basically stopped their boat right in the path of the Shōnan Maru 2.

The capt was ON TOP of the boat.. they all were... NOBODY was at the wheel or giving it power.. Watch the episode ..

There ya go.
Eq1
Jarori Bloodletter (retired)
Emgug 85 Cleric
Fugara 85 Shaman
Jardoeni 85 Beastlord
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

masteen wrote: Not to defend whaling, but the Japs are hunting mainly minke whales, which are not endangered.
There's plenty of evidence that they also hunt endangered species illegally.

Also:
Their agenda is nether political not social, and the suffering of "rammed whaling ships" (i.e. the victims) isn't going to persuade anyone of anything.

The Sea Shepherds go out there and put themselves on the line for something they believe in and I'd applaud that even if I didn't agree with their aims. But if I'm trying to argue against some TV show's representation then I'm obviously wasting my time here.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

vn_Tanc wrote:The Sea Shepherds go out there and put themselves on the line for something they believe in and I'd applaud that even if I didn't agree with their aims. But if I'm trying to argue against some TV show's representation then I'm obviously wasting my time here.
You could make the same statement concerning any other vigilante, criminal or terrorist group.

I thought they (and their ilk) were a bunch of ineffective criminal loonies long before this show came on the scene.

Their aims are absolutely political and social, don't get caught up or distracted by the individual instances of intentional\attempted martyrdom.

Good Lord, who gets thrown out of Greenpeace for being a nut?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Jarori Bloodletter wrote:The capt was ON TOP of the boat.. they all were... NOBODY was at the wheel or giving it power.. Watch the episode ..
The video from the Shōnan Maru 2 clearly shows the Ady Gil under heavy acceleration.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

miir wrote:
Jarori Bloodletter wrote:The capt was ON TOP of the boat.. they all were... NOBODY was at the wheel or giving it power.. Watch the episode ..
The video from the Shōnan Maru 2 clearly shows the Ady Gil under heavy acceleration.
yeah, because the producers of the show would have no reason to make sure their edit left out the Ady Gil's advance! :lol:
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Aabidano wrote: You could make the same statement concerning any other vigilante, criminal or terrorist group.

I thought they (and their ilk) were a bunch of ineffective criminal loonies long before this show came on the scene.

Their aims are absolutely political and social, don't get caught up or distracted by the individual instances of intentional\attempted martyrdom.

Good Lord, who gets thrown out of Greenpeace for being a nut?
There you go calling them terrorists again.

Explain to me what political and/or social change they are trying to effect.

You realise he didn't get "thrown out for being a nut" but was in fact a founder member of greenpeace who left after a disagreement with the other founders? He thought they were pussies, basically.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

He was kicked off of the board. He left the organization afterwards. They still don't support his actions.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

vn_Tanc wrote: There you go calling them terrorists again.

Explain to me what political and/or social change they are trying to effect.

You realise he didn't get "thrown out for being a nut" but was in fact a founder member of greenpeace who left after a disagreement with the other founders? He thought they were pussies, basically.
Their sole reason to exist as an organization is to attempt to stop whaling and other activities they don't agree with by violence, either direct or indirect.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

he was in fact a founder member of greenpeace who left after a disagreement with the other founders?
Yea, Paul Watson was a founding member of Greenpeace... according to Paul Watson. :roll:
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

wait, that cool bat boat doesn't have forward controls on the topside? I find that very hard to believe considering that all modern boats have a bridge, then at least contols on the top of the boat, and sometimes a third set at the rear (fishing boats mostly). So there's at least 2 points someone could be controlling the boat at.

I did chuckle watching the asshole whalers continue to spray the water on them, after the ships collided.

But The proof is in the water...churning wake = acceleration... Just like I said in my original response before seeing any videos...they created drama for the sake of TV...and then put there hands up like they did nothing wrong, and that they are some sort of victim. Who intentionally steers their boat in front of a 500 ton vessell moving at its full speed? It can't veer off, they aren't made for that.

So why are we still talking about this? We all agree that its wrong to kill whales...and we almost all agree that the sea shephards are extremists that we either support or don't. Doesn't mean we want to see dead whales either way.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm all for saving the whales but the short clip I saw of the people on the bat boat high-fiving each other convince me they deserved that they got.

They seem like a bunch of goons out for a good time to please themselves.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I'll tune in to their retard-o show only if there is unedited footage of one of these terrorists getting harpooned. :)

And fuck Ghost Hunters & Cupcake Wars too!
en kærlighed småkager
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I'm pretty sure these people also poison harpooned whales so the meat is useless? They do it even while the whale is still alive! I think they got in trouble for getting caught in a lie and they eventually admitted it (or something like that).

These guys seem equal parts nutty and dishonest. Definitely extremists in the truest sense of the word. People certainly do pick some odd groups to put on a pedestal!
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Speaking of whales.. it's a known fact that all fat chicks give good head.
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

I watched a couple videos... One of them in particular showed the whaler in a slow turn AWAY from the bat-boat. From the vantage of a third boat ahead of both of them.

The captain of the whaler was activly attempting to AVOID a collision. Wich of course makes sense, cause that fukin water is cold and it's a long ass swim to japan from there. Now if only the tree-hugging eco-terrorists had that kind of logic, and knew what a steel hulled whaler was gonna do to thier POS fiberglass bat-boat. But it's all for ratings. gotta make the show intresting somehow.

As far as legality... Its international waters, there is no law. Law of the gun is the only enforcable law. Just because the United States (and a few other navel inclined nations) outlawed whaling doesnt mean anyone else has to follow along. If i was the owner of a japanese whaling vessel, I'd probably have a 5 incher on my deck and hope to god they came and fucked with my shit.

Whaling fits right in there with Bull fights I guess. We dont do it, we dont like it, but we are not everyone here in the US. we are Americans. And beeing free should be reciprocated to others, and let them do thier shit too. Our little world is hardly the only world out there. So back off them japs. Dont you guys remeber what happened last time we told them to not do shit?
Sick Balls!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

They got all genocidal, and we had to vaporize a couple of their cities? But this will be a moot point in a decade or two, as we're depleting every significant fishery at a rate that's utterly unsustainable, so we'll end up whaling again at some point for that seaborne protein supply.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Siji wrote:Speaking of whales.. it's a known fact that all fat chicks give good head.
I can confirm that's a lie.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

I was at the chinese buffet earlier thinking "fock you chicken, fock you cow" etc..." and grinning like a mong the whole time I was getting my food :)
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

vn_Tanc wrote:
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Noysyrump wrote:I watched a couple videos... One of them in particular showed the whaler in a slow turn AWAY from the bat-boat. From the vantage of a third boat ahead of both of them.

The captain of the whaler was activly attempting to AVOID a collision. Wich of course makes sense, cause that fukin water is cold and it's a long ass swim to japan from there. Now if only the tree-hugging eco-terrorists had that kind of logic, and knew what a steel hulled whaler was gonna do to thier POS fiberglass bat-boat. But it's all for ratings. gotta make the show intresting somehow.

As far as legality... Its international waters, there is no law. Law of the gun is the only enforcable law. Just because the United States (and a few other navel inclined nations) outlawed whaling doesnt mean anyone else has to follow along. If i was the owner of a japanese whaling vessel, I'd probably have a 5 incher on my deck and hope to god they came and fucked with my shit.

Whaling fits right in there with Bull fights I guess. We dont do it, we dont like it, but we are not everyone here in the US. we are Americans. And beeing free should be reciprocated to others, and let them do thier shit too. Our little world is hardly the only world out there. So back off them japs. Dont you guys remeber what happened last time we told them to not do shit?
You used to be cool.
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Still am baby.

You used to be a gnome.

Seriosly what in that post makes me no longer cool... just out of curiosity? The fact that I'm not gonna gang up on the side that tried to avoid the collision? Or is it the fact that I think we all need to respect other peoples cultures.

"Theres only two things I hate in this world, those who are intollerant of other peoples cultures and the Dutch" - Nigel Powers.

Honestly Beating people up is a bad thing, but noone is gonna dare tell the Irish to stop getting drunk and knockin each other about. It's a cultural thing and we can respect that.
Sick Balls!