Moderators: Drolgin Steingrinder, Truant

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Muse - The Resistance

Post by Funkmasterr »

So this weekend, I actually PAID for 2 cd's. Never mind that it was only because Demonoid has been down for a while :)

Anyhow, this was one of them, and if you like Muse and haven't got this cd yet, you need to go get it asap. If you haven't checked Muse out before I suggest listening to the song "Unnatural Selection". I may not always agree with the message these guys have in their music, but the vocalist is great, as is the rest of the band.

IMO, they are one of the few bands out nowadays that are original, unique, and can continue to change their style a bit from album to album without it being a bad thing.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Muse - The Resistance

Post by miir »

Not the type of music I usually listen to but I agree that Muse is one of the most consistently good bands out there.
Technically solid and good writing.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:So this weekend, I actually PAID for 2 cd's. Never mind that it was only because Demonoid has been down for a while :)
Back up by the way it would seem. Have fun!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:So this weekend, I actually PAID for 2 cd's. Never mind that it was only because Demonoid has been down for a while :)
Back up by the way it would seem. Have fun!
I know, I'm happy! Just saw that earlier today! haha.
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

Just saw Muse tonight in Seattle. If you like them and haven't yet, you owe it to yourself to go see them live. Fucking incredibly epic.
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'm ultra jealous!

I was looking for tickets a few months back when they went on sale, was gonna go to the show in Chicago or Michigan, but the only seats left were behind the stage both places.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Muse added a date here in Minneapolis, AND I GOT FLOOR TICKETS! Show is on October 7th, I'm SO FUCKING EXCITED :D
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Tiesto did a pretty slick remix of Resistance.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Cheers to Muse. They played the Pageant down here in St. Louis and I loved their show.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Wife and I are seeing them when they hit LA in September. They, along with Radiohead and Queens of the Stone Age, are my favorite bands of the modern era. Not suprising since Queen is one of my all time favorites and they are admittedly influenced by both Queen and Radiohead. Unnatural Selection is one of our favorites off the new albumn, but I think United States of Eurasia is still my favoite. If you like this albumn Funk, you should really listen to Songs of Absolution (particularly, Apocolypse Please) as it is similar in a lot of ways.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Jice Virago wrote:If you like this albumn Funk, you should really listen to Songs of Absolution (particularly, Apocolypse Please) as it is similar in a lot of ways.
I'm pretty sure Funk is a long-time Muse fan.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Si, senor. I like Queens of the Stone Age quite a bit too, and a few Radiohead songs (although I admit I haven't listened to a lot).

My favorite Muse album is still Black Holes and Revelations by a long shot.
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

This is the Muse concert I went to in Seattle last month:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... th_fb_muse
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Just got back from this concert, I'm not a huge fan of their new cd and some of their twilighty music as I like to call it... But holy shit these guys put on a good show!

I wish I could do it again, that was fucking amazing!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I saw them when they opened for U2 at the RayJay in Tampa. They put on a hell of a show. I knew about them only from the Knights of Cydonia video, and was pretty impressed with how good they sounded live.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Saw them again at Oxegen 2010 this year - was much more impressed this time around. Bellamy is a total legend, like some kind of savant on the guitar. The stuff he did was just mind blowing.

I saw about 50 bands that weekend, Muse were probably the best of the lot. (Although Jay Z was surprisingly fun, and Newton Faulkner was great too.)

Most disappointing? Arcade Fire, weirdly. I thought they were going to be amazing - they were just alright. :(