Windows 7 Pre-Orders / Deals are up.

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Re: Windows 7 Pre-Orders / Deals are up.

Post by Animalor »

So Windows 7's EULA refers to a "Family Pack" that would allow a qualified user from installing Windows 7 on 3 systems in the same household.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=1145

There's no more details on this yet sadly.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

It would also appear that MS has removed the "loophole" to clean installing with an upgrade disk. You must now have an activated copy of windows installed on the machine to use the upgrade disk. Oh well. OEM full version isn't that expensive anyways.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

You have to have an activated copy on the disk.

Then in the install, choose Custom instead of Upgrade and choose the fresh install option.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Yeah... waste of time... if I can't find a cheaper OEM full version of Professional, I'll just be pirating it. I'm not paying $300.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

OEM pricing will match Vista, at least it should looking at the msrp on the upgrade options. So $120 or so for home, and $150 or so for business.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I've had Windows 7 Final RTM 64 Ultimate installed for five days now and am loving it so far.

I was able to get my main apps installed within a day or so and am slowly adding more key apps this week. The install was 12 minutes off a burned DVD. The actual install is about 12GB I think. really small. Niiiiice.

Today a crack was released for the Windows 7 final. yay. I figured I had 30 days from when I installed it and it took 5 days for someone to crack. (since can't actually buy until October)

Xp users are nuts if they stick with XP over Windows 7. This OS rocks. Such a clean UI. The networking rocks.

I'm also liking finally making the move to 64 bit and using all of my memory. I placed my Firefox Cache completely in memory which really speeds it up.

For pagefile, i didn't want to completely eliminate it so I moved it off my SSD drive and split the page file between two separate drives to speed it up.

Extremely happy with Windows 7 so far and I wish I could take advantage of the added functionality of RDP in Windows 7 (handles 3D etc) Having 2.5Mbps upstream to work makes Remote Connecting very speedy. I can't tell if Windows 7 is helping with this or not since my bandwidth went up at the same time.

If I get a chance, I'll link the new features/enhancements for Windows 7 RDP.
Tombfyre
No Stars!

Post by Tombfyre »

Been using Windows7 RC for about 6 weeks now. It runs much faster than XP32 for sure. Great OS.

Winnow - are you referring to Hazar's activator, or did you find another?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Tombfyre wrote:Been using Windows7 RC for about 6 weeks now. It runs much faster than XP32 for sure. Great OS.

Winnow - are you referring to Hazar's activator, or did you find another?
Im using the Retail version not a release candidate and yes, there's an activation based on an OEM, just like with what happened to Vista.

You can't activate the RC.

Edit: Yes, it's Hazars Activator

I'm not going to use an activator for a few weeks to make sure they are working well.
Last edited by Winnow on July 29, 2009, 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Here's a link with the Windows 7 RDP enhancements/improvements:

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/03/1 ... erformance

* Windows 7 Aero support
* Direct 2D & Direct 3D 10.1 application support
* True multi-monitor support
* RDP Core Performance Improvements
* Multimedia enhancements
* Media Foundation support
* DirectShow support
* Low Latency audio playback support
* Bi-directional audio support
valryte
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by valryte »

Xp users are nuts if they stick with XP over Windows 7. This OS rocks. Such a clean UI. The networking rocks.
Well, no we're not nuts. For some of us, it all depends on how well our development tools work on it. Vista was horrible as far as support for some older development tools. I really hope that the built in XP VM works really good so I can finally get rid of XP, well at least on my main desktop. My laptop has been running Vista since day one. I'm just waiting for them to release the final on MSDN, got my test hard drive ready to go...though I keep leaning towards getting an SSD hehe.
Well it's about fucking time!
When the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

valryte wrote: Well, no we're not nuts. For some of us, it all depends on how well our development tools work on it. Vista was horrible as far as support for some older development tools.
Fuck the development tools!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

valryte wrote:
Well, no we're not nuts. For some of us, it all depends on how well our development tools work on it. Vista was horrible as far as support for some older development tools. I really hope that the built in XP VM works really good so I can finally get rid of XP, well at least on my main desktop. My laptop has been running Vista since day one. I'm just waiting for them to release the final on MSDN, got my test hard drive ready to go...though I keep leaning towards getting an SSD hehe.
Well it's about fucking time!
I'm with Valryte on this one. While I personally have enjoyed using Vista, the biggest pain in my ass was that none of the Server 2003 management tools worked on it. I've been running Windows XP in a VMWare VM to do all my management that doesn't require an RDP session into the server.

Just highlights the fact that we're going to seen to start the transition to Server 2008 sooner than later.
valryte
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by valryte »

Got my MSDN copy last night and just installed it. Like Winnow said, thing installs really fast (up to now I have only installed it in VMs on top of XP). Took about 10-11 minutes for me as well to complete the installation process. Was like 7 minutes for it to copy everything, then like 2-3 minutes after I entered the usually info (username, password, key) to finish setting the rest up. I installed the 64 bit version at first, but after messing with it for a bit I didn't feel comfortable with it. It was having an issue with something between the NVidia drivers and the Dell monitor that I have. I have 3 monitors, 2x Samsung (hooked to an GTX 260) and 1x Dell (hooked to like a 7K or 8K series). The images on the screen were getting all screwed up (weird red-greed gradient was showing up, screen not always refreshing, unreadable menus, text, etc...) Also my Canon scanner doesn't have any drivers for it. I want to start using this right away and as my desktop is also my work machine I don't want to fuck with it too much. I'll try out 64 later on down the road on another partition.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

valryte wrote:It was having an issue with something between the NVidia drivers and the Dell monitor that I have. I have 3 monitors, 2x Samsung (hooked to an GTX 260) and 1x Dell (hooked to like a 7K or 8K series). The images on the screen were getting all screwed up (weird red-greed gradient was showing up, screen not always refreshing, unreadable menus, text, etc...)
You just need to go to nVidia's site and get the latest Windows 7 drivers for 64. They solved any graphics issues.
valryte
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by valryte »

You just need to go to nVidia's site and get the latest Windows 7 drivers for 64. They solved any graphics issues.
No I don't because that was the first thing I updated after installing. It went from showing a red-green gradient to having refresh/painting issues.

Anyways I have the 32 bit version running and so far everything is running perfectly. I have my older dev tools installed, scanner working, video cards/monitors all working, even Avira is working (friend is having an issue with it, but he didn't do a clean install, he updated from Vista).

One thing I was trying to get working is putting the Vista sidebar back in. I don't like how they removed the gadget bar completely. One of the things it accomplished was keeping maximized apps from covering the gadgets. Probably the only other option is to run a windows manager which I'll probably run anyways, just need to install it...so much crap to install lol.

BTW, my old dev apps (which I'm running in XP SP3 compatibility mode) run blazingly fast. Load time is like 1 second vs 5-10 seconds under XP itself.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

So I did my migration from 7 Ultimate RC1 to Home Premium RTM(from MSDN) last night and decided to try out the Easy Transfer tool to get my files over.

I used the tool to store the data on an external USB drive.

Took about 2 hours to get all 180GB of data to the USB drive, 15 minutes to wipe the internal HDD and install Windows 7 Home Premium.

AS soon as the install completed, I ran the tool to recover the fiels and settings to the new install and went to bed. This process took 2 hours to restore and when it was done it had a report of everything that was restored(it had all the files) as well as a complete list of applications I had previously installed as well.

As I proceeded to re-install everything, as soon as most apps opened, they were exactly as they were prior to the rebuild. All my settings had been retained. The most impressive of all was Firefox. All my Add-Ons were there and active as soon as it started. My No-Script Exception list was intact as well.

The Zune software knew exactly the state of it's sync with my device and everything just worked beautifully.

The only thing I had to re-do was the connection to my xbox 360 for the media center extender and I had to re-schedule the TV show recordings in MCE.

A few caveats about the tool though.. You can't go from 64bit down to a 32bit system. Won't open the single file backup it creates on the 32-bit system. I have no idea if it'll work from 32 ro 64-bit. I suspect it will.

I highly recommend using the tool. It's great
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Windows 7 released today.

It's the bomb!

Everyone should upgrade or buy a new PC with Windows 7 on it. If you own a crappy Mac, dual boot and buy Windows 7.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

XP works.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

As soon as I get my upgrade disk in the mail. I got the mailing confirmation yesterday, but it didn't say where it was being mailed from.
- Ash
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:XP works.
So do rotary phones.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:
So do rotary phones.
Thanks for proving my point!

But if you want to run out and buy Windows 7 I'm not stopping you

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:
So do rotary phones.
Thanks for proving my point!

But if you want to run out and buy Windows 7 I'm not stopping you
I just find it odd that someone seemingly technologically inclined such as yourself is so resistant to change in technology.

I will be buying a new pc in December and I'll be more than happy that it will have Windows 7 on it. I skipped Vista entirely and I couldn't be happier.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:I just find it odd that someone seemingly technologically inclined such as yourself is so resistant to change in technology.

I will be buying a new pc in December and I'll be more than happy that it will have Windows 7 on it. I skipped Vista entirely and I couldn't be happier.
Well for starters I find the whole upgraditis thing funny. It seems a lot of people upgrade just because there is a new version of something. On a new PC perhaps starting with Windows 7 may make sense but for me there is no benefit to upgrade from my current XP configuration at this time. It's not so much being resistant to a change it's just the reality of how I use my PC at the moment. XP forever!

--
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

For non-professional use (read: browsing, light gaming, standard office-suite type apps, some music production apps), is there any reason for me to go with Pro or Ultimate?

Apparently I'm slightly screwed because I have Vista Business installed on my laptop (and in Danish, no less), so I a) can't do the smooth upgrade to home premium but only to Pro or Ultimate and b) I have to pay twice as much for an upgrade license since it has to be the .dk one.

I don't think I have upgradeitis, I'm just annoyed with the poor memory management and large footprint of vista.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Jarori Bloodletter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Jarori Bloodletter »

Order Shipped: 22-October-2009
Delivery Estimate: Your order will arrive in approximately 10 to 15 days.

Windows 7 yay!

Altho since i got an upgrade in august (x2)I woulda thought i'd get it sooner.. shrug
Eq1
Jarori Bloodletter (retired)
Emgug 85 Cleric
Fugara 85 Shaman
Jardoeni 85 Beastlord
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I had my upgrade copy waiting for me when I got home. Popped in the key in the RTM version I have installed and boom. Windows Genuine.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote:I had my upgrade copy waiting for me when I got home. Popped in the key in the RTM version I have installed and boom. Windows Genuine.

I've been running Windows 7 with/Genuine for months!
Jarori Bloodletter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Winnow wrote:
Animalor wrote:I had my upgrade copy waiting for me when I got home. Popped in the key in the RTM version I have installed and boom. Windows Genuine.

I've been running Windows 7 with/Genuine for months!

I'm like soooo Jealous~
Eq1
Emgug 85 Cleric
Fugara 85 Shaman
Jardoeni 85 Beastlord
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Jarori Bloodletter wrote:[

I'm like soooo Jealous~
Just think ...you'll never be able to recapture your lost time without Windows 7!

There's a flood of tablets, touchscreens, etc hardware that's been released with Windows 7. I'm trying to sort through it all to to buy new stuff for fun. HP is selling a stand alone touch screen for windows that's 1920x1080 and only 300.00.

The more I think about it, the less I think I'd use a large regular monitor touch screen (unlike iPhone) but I stil want one! I kinda want something like the Crunchpad, only more powerful (and Windows 7) for goofing off and watching movies:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/06/03/cr ... prototype/
valryte
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by valryte »

Well for starters I find the whole upgraditis thing funny. It seems a lot of people upgrade just because there is a new version of something. On a new PC perhaps starting with Windows 7 may make sense but for me there is no benefit to upgrade from my current XP configuration at this time. It's not so much being resistant to a change it's just the reality of how I use my PC at the moment. XP forever!
Wrong, a lot of us are upgrading cause it finally is actually better. Up until Windows 7 I only used XP with the exception of my laptop which only ran Vista and I hated every moment of it. But seriously, I have a lot of stuff that runs way better and faster on Windows 7 than XP. For example, all of my dev apps used to take several seconds to open on any XP machine and Vista as well. In Windows 7 it's click and within a second or two they are running. Every single one of my friends (all developers and/or IT) ran XP religiously as well, but after trying Windows 7, there is no way we'd ever go back.

So no, we aren't all just upgrading because it's new, if your observations were correct a lot of people would have been running Vista just cause it was new. No, we are upgrading to Windows 7 because it's better.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Windows 7 is outstanding. Thousands of improvements, all little things that I'm still noticing even after months of using it, I find new things that it does that help. It's apparent that it's better than XP/Vista right off the bat but all the little things it does better or has improved upon take months to discover (unless I go find a good Windows 7 book to read)

Upgrade "fevor" plays no part in this. The networking improvements alone are with the upgrade.
CNET
"Windows 7 presents a stable platform that can compete comfortably with OS X, while reassuring the world that Microsoft can still turn out a strong, useful operating system."

PCWorld
"...the final shipping version I test-drove appears to be the worthy successor to Windows XP that Vista never was."

NYTimes
"[Microsoft's] three-year Windows Vista nightmare is over."

IT Pro
"Windows 7...is competent and functional due to internal improvements and the user interface is attractive and good for productivity."

bit-tech
"For want of a better way of describing it, Microsoft has essentially fixed Vista and the result is arguably Microsoft's best operating system to date."

Guardian
"Windows 7 is simply the best version of Windows you can get."

Slate
"Indeed, the new Windows is not only the best operating system that Microsoft has ever produced. It is arguably the fastest, most intuitive, and most useful consumer desktop OS on the market today."

Maximum PC
"...Windows 7 is unquestionably the best version of Windows that Microsoft has ever released, and is the true successor to Windows XP."

Tech Radar
"No version of Windows is ever perfect, but Windows 7 really is the best release of Windows yet."

PC Mag
"It's far and away the best OS we've ever seen from Microsoft."

Wall Street Journal
"I believe it is the best version of Windows Microsoft has produced."

ElectricPig
"With Windows 7, Microsoft wants us to believe that it's got its OS back on track and for the most part we feel they have."

Engadget
"Where Vista felt like a sprawling mess, Windows 7 has patched up the holes and feels like a tight, unified mechanism."

Telegraph
"Windows 7 is the operating system Vista should have been..."

Hexus
"This is the operating system that Windows Vista should have been."

Digital Trends
"...Microsoft has returned for redemption with Windows 7, otherwise known as "what Vista should have been."

AP
"Windows 7 [is] a slick, much improved operating system that should go a long way toward erasing the bad impression left by its previous effort, Vista."

V3
"...Windows 7 is a worthy successor to Windows XP..."

Federal Computer Week
"There is nothing wrong with Windows 7 - and we've always thought Vista was a better operating system than its reputation suggested - so if a new system happens to come with it, then you'll get a fine operating system."

PC Pro UK
"We like Windows 7 a lot - so much so, that the disappointment that was Windows Vista has already become a distant memory..."

Technodorm
"If you have the money to spend, there is no reason why you shouldn't upgrade."

Laptop Mag
"If Vista left you somewhat disillusioned with Windows, we suggest you upgrade to Windows 7."

Cult of Mac
"I need to go wash my eyes out with bleach."

The Inquirer
"Windows 7 is as pretty as Apple stuff, just as easy to use, and does not treat you like a moron."

Computer World
"...it's finally time to upgrade."

TechWorld
"Windows 7 feels like an anti-Vista..."

Gizmodo
"...if you're coming from Windows XP, Windows 7 will totally feel like a revelation from the glossy future. If you're coming from Vista, you'll definitely go "Hey, this is much better!" the first time you touch Aero Peek. If you're coming from a Mac, you'll—hahahahaha. But seriously, even the Mactards will have to tone down their nasal David Spadian snide, at least a little bit."
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

I don't disagree that Win7 is better than Vista, by a lot. I do however find it funny to read everyone talking about Win7 the *exact* same way they talked about Vista in the beginning. Right down to Winnow talking about how much better it is and how everyone should upgrade immediately.

That said, I've upgraded myself awhile ago to 7 and all new VMs I are Win7 also - specifically because I can install a new instance of Win7 in less than 30 minutes. For an updated instance of XP from scratch you're looking at hours. (First time setups of the VMs). There are many things about 7 I don't like, but I can say the same thing about Office 2k7 as well. Since there's not much I can do about it, I'm learning to deal with them.

I do wish I'd stop getting permission errors on various HDD directories in 7 when trying to save or modify files in them because they need admin permission and that's not the default. I'm sure there's probably a way I could change that, but it's still f'n annoying.

All of that said, Ubuntu has made its way onto every PC in my house within the last week..
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Siji wrote:I don't disagree that Win7 is better than Vista, by a lot. I do however find it funny to read everyone talking about Win7 the *exact* same way they talked about Vista in the beginning. Right down to Winnow talking about how much better it is and how everyone should upgrade immediately.

That said, I've upgraded myself awhile ago to 7 and all new VMs I are Win7 also - specifically because I can install a new instance of Win7 in less than 30 minutes. For an updated instance of XP from scratch you're looking at hours. (First time setups of the VMs). There are many things about 7 I don't like, but I can say the same thing about Office 2k7 as well. Since there's not much I can do about it, I'm learning to deal with them.

I do wish I'd stop getting permission errors on various HDD directories in 7 when trying to save or modify files in them because they need admin permission and that's not the default. I'm sure there's probably a way I could change that, but it's still f'n annoying.

All of that said, Ubuntu has made its way onto every PC in my house within the last week..
I have a full XP install down to about 45 minutes, but I understand your point.

I seem to skip every other OS. I skipped Vista, so it looks like I'm due for Win7!
Jarori Bloodletter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

I myself have never ever had ANY problem with Vista 64.. Now Im not like Winnow running shitton of aps/ Dling newgroups n such but I just cant wait for it ( win 7) to get to my doorstep heh.
Eq1
Emgug 85 Cleric
Fugara 85 Shaman
Jardoeni 85 Beastlord
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Siji wrote:All of that said, Ubuntu has made its way onto every PC in my house within the last week..
Karmic Koala due out next week! I'll be upgrading to the release from Jaunty Jackalope on my laptop.

I do have a Win 7 upgrade disk coming for my main/gaming PC (came preloaded w/ Vista when I bought it).
- Ash
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Been running Karmic for awhile now, it's pretty solid.

I like Linux, but if you want a 'use it and forget it' OS you're still better off with MS or Mac imo.
Jarori Bloodletter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Arrived today, installed on both computers.. i like it, OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS.. i was kinda supprised no e-mail program bundled.. But I liked trying out others~
Eq1
Emgug 85 Cleric
Fugara 85 Shaman
Jardoeni 85 Beastlord
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Jarori Bloodletter wrote:Arrived today, installed on both computers.. i like it, OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS.. i was kinda supprised no e-mail program bundled.. But I liked trying out others~
Click on the Start Menu, Type In "Getting Started"

From there you can select "Go online to get Windows Live Essentials"

You may then download these additional programs for Windows 7:

Programs you can download include:

* Messenger
* Mail
* Writer
* Photo Gallery
* Movie Maker
* Family Safety
* Toolbar

Additional programs:

* Microsoft Office Outlook® Connector
* Office Live Add-in
* Microsoft Silverlight

---

The Mail App is quite nice.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I think MS pulled all those programs so that noone can accuse them of anti-competitive behavior. Also, why have that one built-in to more corporate computers when they'll use either Outlook or Lotus Notes.

This is probably why they don't bundle Security Essentials with the OS either.

Frankly I really like this approach. Makes the system lighter and you don't end up with multiple programs doing the same thing. I wonder if they'll do the same with the browser and the media player for next iteration.

Here are my apps -

Browsing - Firefox (my wife uses IE)
Media - Zune 4.0
Photos - Picasa
Mail - Widows Live Mail
Movie Editing - Windows Movie Maker
Jarori Bloodletter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Winnow wrote:
Jarori Bloodletter wrote:Arrived today, installed on both computers.. i like it, OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS.. i was kinda supprised no e-mail program bundled.. But I liked trying out others~
Click on the Start Menu, Type In "Getting Started"

From there you can select "Go online to get Windows Live Essentials"

You may then download these additional programs for Windows 7:

Programs you can download include:

* Messenger
* Mail
* Writer
* Photo Gallery
* Movie Maker
* Family Safety
* Toolbar

Additional programs:

* Microsoft Office Outlook® Connector
* Office Live Add-in
* Microsoft Silverlight

---

The Mail App is quite nice.

Yea, I actually read the book/pamphlet that came with win7 and typed in essentials and dl most of thoes.
Eq1
Emgug 85 Cleric
Fugara 85 Shaman
Jardoeni 85 Beastlord
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Jarori Bloodletter wrote:
Yea, I actually read the book/pamphlet that came with win7 and typed in essentials and dl most of thoes.
Then why were you bitching about an email app? It comes with one, you just have to download it because of all the anti monopoly freaks that harass Microsoft. If Apple wasn't such a piss ant small part of the PC Pie, they'd be harassed as well.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

All of those programs were preloaded on my wife's new Dell laptop.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Winnow wrote:
Then why were you bitching about an email app? It comes with one, you just have to download it because of all the anti monopoly freaks that harass Microsoft. If Apple wasn't such a piss ant small part of the PC Pie, they'd be harassed as well.
Jarori Bloodletter wrote:i was kinda supprised no e-mail program bundled
yes indeed much bitching going on.
Jarori Bloodletter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Drolgin Steingrinder wrote:
Winnow wrote:
Jarori Bloodletter wrote:i was kinda supprised no e-mail program bundled
yes indeed much bitching going on.

Thanks Drolgin, but I got this..

Winnow, I wasnt bitching at all I was just stating what I experienced, there are some people who want to know BEFORE they buy.
Eq1
Emgug 85 Cleric
Fugara 85 Shaman
Jardoeni 85 Beastlord
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I ordered home ultimate 64-bit OEM. I have been having driver issues with Vista64 in relation to my:

EVGA 9800GTX cards x2
EVGA 790i Ultra mobo

Getting this awful crackling/popping sound from monitor when I launch a game...works fine on movies though. Could very well be my DVI -> HDMI cable, but I have no speakers on monitor, so I find it odd that it could be case.

Also, sometimes it will crash and subsequently lose my SATA boot array upon post. Very annoying.

I sort of doubt W7 will fix either problem, but I do think I will get more reliable drivers....hope
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Winnow, I wasnt bitching at all I was just stating what I experienced, there are some people who want to know BEFORE they buy.

Yeah Drolgin! Jarori did just fine!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I just use gmail. :) Never really cared too much for Outlook Express.
en kærlighed småkager
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Winnow wrote:

Yeah Drolgin! Jarori did just fine!
I wasn't defending Jarori, I was just illuminating Winnow's weird mix of rabid fanboyism, trollish arrogance and breathtaking verbosity in these threads, as exemplified in equating "surprised" with "bitching".
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

My pre-order finally arrived today. The 64-bit Home edition is installed and operational. All my necessary programs are compatible. I haven't tried installing Avid yet. No hardware incompatibilities. I'm quite impressed thus far.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I'm in a quandry. I have the upgrade disks, but can't decide 64 vs 32 bit. I have 32 bit Vista running now. Not sure I want to reinstall everything, but OTOH, the Vista came pre-loaded, so there's probably a bunch of crap I've never gotten rid of. Hrm.

Also, not sure if any of the apps I use have 64 bit concerns.

I have 3GB of RAM on my PC.
- Ash