BSG: Season 4

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: BSG: Season 4

Post by Lalanae »

Well, with all the Greek mythology references in the show, it would make sense that Ellen is the highly jealous wife. Ellen serves as the Hera figure, and Hera was known for her petty jealousy and inclination for revenge.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

shouldn't hera be the hera figure? :)
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

I got that RDM was trying to show us that the combination Ellen-Tigh was bad news. Ellen was sane, rational, and alert during her time on the basestar. When she got back to Tigh, she was a wreck. When Tigh was separate from Ellen, he turned his life around. As soon as she returned, he started falling back into his old ways. This episode was proof that these two have had a tragic life together and, despite their obvious love, are better off apart.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Good analyis! They are definitely toxic together. Back in Season 1 or 2 when Ellen first showed up, Tigh was just getting his act together, but that went to hell.
Lalanae
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Anyone else catch themselves saying "what the frack", etc. out in the real world?

I've been doing it a lot lately. Luckily people just assume it's a slang they haven't heard yet, not that I'm a total BSG nerd. :lol:

Honestly though, it's kind of satisfying to just hear it come out of you like it's completely natural.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Haha Kev, I say it around my other friends who watch the show. It actually helped me meet a new friend at a party. There were about twelve of us playing a drinking game, and when she had twelve drinks dumped on her, she said, "Frak me!" Needless to say, I did my best Adama impression. It was like a code.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Hrmm 12 of you? Which designation were you?
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

I'm the original 7. I'm very artsy (band director). It fits, really.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Keverian FireCry wrote:Anyone else catch themselves saying "what the frack", etc. out in the real world?

I've been doing it a lot lately. Luckily people just assume it's a slang they haven't heard yet, not that I'm a total BSG nerd. :lol:

Honestly though, it's kind of satisfying to just hear it come out of you like it's completely natural.

I still use Frag and Drek...
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Fan-frakkin-tastic episode. It sets us up for the showdown between Cavil and the fleet. I cannot wait for the next three weeks.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Great episode. I got suckered in by Boomer and thought she was good. I thought the dream sequences were well done this episode but I hope the last three shows get down to some action. Baltar has somehow been left out of the picture recently.

Did the president finally kick the bucket? I hope so! That opens the door for Lee to have a bigger role. Glad the cylon women are hot. You see so many copies of them. It would suck if they were hard on the eyes.

Tyrol was already losing his shit. After this episode, the poor guy has got to be a mess.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Here's the cover of "All Along The Watch Tower" from BSG. It's also the cylon song, which I didn't pick up on for awhile.

http://www.loregasm.org/aatw.tgz

You'll need winrar or something similar to extract the file in windows.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Sweet, thanks!
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Aardor wrote:Here's the cover of "All Along The Watch Tower" from BSG. It's also the cylon song, which I didn't pick up on for awhile.

http://www.loregasm.org/aatw.tgz

You'll need winrar or something similar to extract the file in windows.

Ohh, is that the song that triggered the last models?

Just checked, it is. Funny though, that song is permanently on my IPod right due to it being on the Watchmen soundtrack, and since the movie dont come out before the 20th here, im preparing by listening to the soundtrack and trying to guess where the different numbers fit in :) I was sure i had heard some of that before somewhere, guess it was in BSG :)
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Cool. Was just thinking of trying to find the "cylon song". This was the end of the episode with the piano right?

Anyone have the instrumental cylong song though, without the lyrics?
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

As far as I know, Kev, Bear McCreary never released an instrumental track. The BSG season 3 soundtrack has the full track as well, plus all the other (excellent) music from the season. Season 2 and 3 were the best so far in terms of music, although I'm waiting for the finale music next week. Something tells me that McCreary will have gone all out for the finale.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Kaldaur wrote: The BSG season 3 soundtrack has the full track as well, plus all the other (excellent) music from the season..
Yeah, that's where i got the mp3 from. I can post the rest of the soundtrack if people would like. Couldn't find an instrumental version though.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/

He's a really cool guy, and he shares much insight into the musical experience that takes place on the set of BSG. As a composer, he's lucky to have landed this show: I can't think of many other shows on television, ever, that have used music as a deep story element, yet this show embraces it. That's one of the reasons I love it so much, being a music educator.
Check out that blog for all sorts of stuff, musical and otherwise. McCreary does some interviews with cast members, and you get the impression that this group was a real tight knit bunch.

From the blog:
"On a personal note, I’d like to announce yet another milestone this week. Yesterday, we completed the last of three orchestral scoring sessions for the BG finale, the final orchestral recordings of the series. It was a very emotional experience, but the music has exceeded my expectations. It will, fittingly, be the most epic, lush, intense and beautiful BG score I’ve ever composed. I’m actually finishing this blog entry from a studio in West LA where we’re recording drums and bass for the episode."
I cannot wait.
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Here's a youtube link to the rehash of the "Final Four Theme" used in the episode "Someone to Watch over Me." This is the scene where Kara and her father, aka Slick, play the duet on the piano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WalRgIjHjas

McCreary talks about how this episode came about in his blog, and I would seriously recommend it. It's a long read, but totally worth it if you want to understand how they integrated the music into the show. And after reading that entry, I can safely say that no show has ever done this much work to incorporate music, and the end result was one of the top ten episodes in the series history, at least from an emotional standpoint.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Wow, another filler episode this late in the final season.

Useless flashbacks and more closeups of Adama grimacing while the Galactica metal makes noises. This episode could have been about 10 minutes long, with the only big event being the decision making scene with the red tape.

Hoping for a much better episode next week as this week was an embarrassment to one of the best shows to hit the airwaves these past four years.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Winnow wrote:Wow, another filler episode this late in the final season.

Useless flashbacks and more closeups of Adama grimacing while the Galactica metal makes noises. This episode could have been about 10 minutes long, with the only big event being the decision making scene with the red tape.

Hoping for a much better episode next week as this week was an embarrassment to one of the best shows to hit the airwaves these past four years.
:vv_yeahthat:

Very upsetting considering next week is the finale. 2 hours long. no way it can answer all questions. i really feel like they dropped the ball this season. i hope, but doubt, they can make up for it this friday. i was literally yelling "what the fuck!" at the TV during the part where Rosalyn with drinking champagne with the girls. le sigh. I thought the exact same thing at the end. They could've done the red tape bit in the first 15 mins and focused rest on building tension prior to a kick ass finale.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

I have a feeling those flashbacks are going to tell us something, something very important to the end of the show. I'm just as dubious as anyone else when I see Lee swatting at a pigeon in his apartment, but we are going to learn something on Caprica City that affects the current situation.
Did anyone else catch Anders remark about 'finding Kara Thrace a home'? Perhaps the nerdosphere was right, and the planet near the Cylon colony was in fact Jupiter. Which means the real Earth is located nearby, and that Earth wasn't the planet that the colonists discovered halfway through season 4.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Is today really the last episode?
Lalanae
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

That it is. It's been a crazy ride, sometimes good, sometimes bad. I know I will certainly be sad to see this show go.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Kaldaur wrote:That it is. It's been a crazy ride, sometimes good, sometimes bad. I know I will certainly be sad to see this show go.
Yessiree. Originally I mocked several friends for liking it. Now I view seasons one and two of BSG as some of the best television ever made.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

That was, at best, disappointing.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

hrm.. That was interesting..

I'm not sure I dig the whole Touched by an Angel thing they pulled off at the end.

Still, at the very least we get a TV show with some closure, an ending that was somewhast satisfying.

A solid hour of Season 1/2-like action and then another hour of Season 3/4-like pacing, progression and forxed spirituality. The show's ending was a thing very much like the entirety of it's run.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

I thought it was fantastic and that they did a good job wrapping up all the story lines. The rescue stuff was intense.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Fucking awesome ending.

General observances and inquiries:
[Show]
I was half-expecting Galactica to fall to pieces when it jumped into that cyclon safe-spot followed by the weapon barrage.

Although Racetrack was dead, the timing of that rock knocking the ship which knocks her hand onto launching the nukes just as it's pointing at the colony... just a little too coincidental for me.

The angels are talking in the last scene, and Angel Six says "He doesn't like to be called that" when Angel Baltar said "God"... what?

Since Cottle was a doctor, I wonder whatever happened to him?
Regarding Kara
[Show]
Did I miss something or was she an angel too? Baltar's Six and Six's Baltar are identified as that because only be seen and interacted by their counterpart, but Kara ate, slept, flew viper's, frakked, etc. Plus, the Hybrids' stated that she was the Harbinger of Death, and would bring the end to all of them. It seems more like she was the savior when figuring out that the song was jump coordinates.
Regarding Tori
[Show]
Did anyone else cheer when Tori got her neck snapped? Ever since she exposed herself, she's been on this complete snobby ego trip. "I'm one of the Final Five, so I am better than everyone else"-type attitude. It really pissed me off when she told off the President, and spent the rest of the series telling people what they should be doing yet doing nothing herself. I'm glad she got what she deserved.
Regarding Tyrol
[Show]
His bodily (re)action to sharing the memories of the others was awesome. Very robotic, yet so humanly vengeful.
Regarding Cavil
[Show]
Since Cavil was one of the models, wouldn't it be likely that the rest of his line is still out there leading their side of the civil war? And searching to destroy the rebels and survivors of the colonies?
Regarding Anders
[Show]
My girlfriend was in tears when she saw that they were killing off Anders. "Plot a course for the sun... aim straight... ok... go." He deserved something better imo. But yeah, no tech = he can't live.
Regarding Boomer
[Show]
I'm glad she redeemed herself, and she knew she was going to die doing what she did. At least she died doing the right thing.
Ok, time for bed. I might have more tomorrow.
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Overall it was better than I was expecting. They pulled the first half off a whole lot better than we'd seen in those kind of rushed situations before. And the musical bit where Starbuck was entering the FTL coords was awesome.

The second half... well, it's not really where I was hoping things would go. It felt like they tried to shoehorn everything into the idea that it was part of what we'd become. It stinks of what they did with the original BSG show, having them show up to Earth and it's 1980. Not as bad as that, but still... I'd prefer they'd taken an approach that made it something of its own. Kara not really being there requires exactly what Baltar was saying, a leap of faith in the writers, because man... that totally rails against a lot of my own sensibilities. I suppose the same thing needs to be said for the "angel" Six and Baltar. Their bit at the end of the show was a nice capstone, and left us with that one last secret of who God was. I was really hoping Dirk Benedict would show up as God :P

Ultimately, television just got a little bit worse with Battlestar Galactica finished. There'll be TV movies, at least one, and there's supposedly that Caprica show, tho I have my reservations about it, but none of them will fill the hole it leaves. I just hope RDM's next project can come close to what BSG ended up meaning for me.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

The first half was great, but the second half was disappointing. I kept expecting to shed a wee tear, but everytime the emotion started to ramp up something silly would be said about "angels" or "God," or the scene just couldn't make it past "touching" and into "moving." The religious perspective of the show thus far had always been treated smartly, but the way religion was treated in the end was shallow and uncreative. Touched by an Angel indeed.

Did anyone else do a double-take when Cavil shot himself? It was so odd. I love unpredictable moments like that.
Lalanae
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Lalanae wrote:Did anyone else do a double-take when Cavil shot himself? It was so odd. I love unpredictable moments like that.
Yeah I did, but he probably figured it was a better way to go than for a human to shoot him any minute.
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

90 minutes (should have been)

Tyrol killing Tori was the best part of the episode. It looked like an agreement had been reached and then, wham!

The door was left open for more BSG but I'm glad they finalized the original 4 seasons.

Seeing the old Cylon models was a nice touch.

The final hour was a bit corny which could have mostly been eliminated along with the previous episode. The pigeon and Lee...what?

Oh btw, I've never seen so much alcohol drinking in any TV show...I mean they just completely lost it with the final episode with Adama puking all over himself, glorifying Ellen and Saul's alky strip club relationship and then having both Adama brothers be dead drunk with Lee almost giving his brother's girlfriend the hot beef injection, who was also dead drunk. Even Laura Roslin was boozing it up in the episode. It didn't distract me but I find it amazing they included to much of it.

What an excellent four year run for BSG. I'm surprised they pointed Galactica into the Sun. They could have made a future show about someone finding a Galactica that's been repaired by the living Cylon technology in it and and then do flashbacks ala Razor.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I think the last hour puts into perspective how hard it is to create an ending for a show that has been run so hard through the ringer for the last 4 years. They could have done a total chicken shit ending, a la Sopranos, but no, that's too cowardly. We got an ending to a great show, and I'm happy for that, but it was obvious that their 2 hour time commitment should have been spent more on the battle :)
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

I've been waiting for Tyrol to kill Tori for a year. I stood up and started dancing when he snapped her neck.
Kara being an angel was the hardest point for me to wrap my head around. I wanted her and Lee to have a chance at happiness, but it wasn't in the cards. The more I think about her going out this way, the more I like it.
Ron Moore, as usual, got a little too preachy at the end. I could have taken it with Adama talking to Roslin's grave as the end of the episode. And we didn't get a goodbye between Tigh and Adama, which was the most disappointing part.

When Baltar and Six were wandering Galactica, and everything was working out just like the Opera House showed....I had chills running down my spine. That was some of the coolest television ever.
Cavil killing himself was perfect. When he realized there would never be anymore resurrection, he had no more reason to go on.

I'll want to watch it again in six months, but overall, I enjoyed it.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I loved it. Start to finish I enjoyed it all.
Oh btw, I've never seen so much alcohol drinking in any TV show...I mean they just completely lost it with the final episode with Adama puking all over himself, glorifying Ellen and Saul's alky strip club relationship and then having both Adama brothers be dead drunk with Lee almost giving his brother's girlfriend the hot beef injection, who was also dead drunk. Even Laura Roslin was boozing it up in the episode. It didn't distract me but I find it amazing they included to much of it.
This just describes normal life here in Wisconsin.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

I just finished it, and must say i was positively surprised.
[Show]
They did a pretty good wrap up of it, really loved the idea of them finding the "real" earth.
I was also cheering when Tyrel killed Tori, she had it coming for SO long, was great she died by his hand.

And yeah, some of the god and religious aspects could have been toned down, but think it was overall decent, not too overbearing, like it could easily have been.

Had shivers at the ending when we see our new civilizations advanced robotics, great ending really.

The music was a nice touch, actually having the song from season ending up being such an important part was pure brilliance, and the opera house sequences show they did actually play way ahead, was nice to see them actually follow up on all the loose ends, lots of TV shows that just suck at doing that when they end (like i expect Lost to end, only way i can see it happen are a "and then they all awoke from the psychadelic mushroom trip" ending).

One think that pissed me off though, why the HELL does Dee have a 2 sec cameo at 15.57 (downloaded version)? She is dead, she is not supposed to show up. Its right after you see the cylons prepare Sam into the water before they jump in. Im 99% sure its her, looks like her, anyone who want to verify?
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

It wasn't Dee, just looked similar.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

[Show]
I also cheered when Tory bit it. I thought it was a tad ironic since she was once chief's wife.

I thoroughly enjoyed the fact they included opera house stuff. I found it funny that Baltar and Caprica 6's role seemed much smaller than expected. It sort of reminded me of the Steven King book Insomnia.

Part of me wanted Baltar and Caprica 6 to be capped in the end. I thought it was going to happen as well. How they filmed the flashback scene made it look as if someone was watching. I was expecting Joe Random to show up and put two bullets in their heads. But I guess the happy ending is better. After all, Baltar was always the unwitting accomplice and he even found his nutsack at the end -- another point of hilarity.

The end was too long. I guess it was necessary. And I'm glad they tied up all the loose ends. It's a satisfying conclusion to me. The Starbuck thing will bother me, but with such a mystical theme to the entire ordeal of Battlestar Gallactic, I guess all questions cannot be answered.

I also really enjoyed the robot montage at the end. I thought it would have been a nice touch to have a little red cylon flash behind the eyes of one of the little robots.

All in all, considering how boring the last four episodes were, it exceeded my expectations. But seeing those story lines wrapped up and wrapped into the conclusion was cool. Especially Starbuck's music. Drunk Lee trying to bang her in his bro's house? notsomuch
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

They never answered the question about who Daniel was, but it looks like Daniel was really only brought up as a tie-in to the BSG spin-off.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/battles ... 26443.aspx
Lalanae
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Well, I was reading some interviews with RDM, and he said he was surprised by how the community latched on to the idea of Daniel. He was simply made to give Cavil some history, a Cain and Abel-ish background. He was never intended to be a part of the whole conspiracy. Of course, Helo was supposed to die in the mini-series :P
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Dregor Thule wrote:Well, I was reading some interviews with RDM, and he said he was surprised by how the community latched on to the idea of Daniel. He was simply made to give Cavil some history, a Cain and Abel-ish background. He was never intended to be a part of the whole conspiracy. Of course, Helo was supposed to die in the mini-series :P
Or Starbuck wouldn't have come back if her show had been picked up for more than 1 season =P.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

Eh? If you mean Bionic Woman I don't think that was ever "her show", she just had a recurring role. I didn't watch it, but a quick IMDB shows she was only in 5 episodes when it looks like there was 12 or something. Pretty sure she was always slated to return to BSG, it's not like she was gone many episodes anyways!
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Dregor Thule wrote:Well, I was reading some interviews with RDM, and he said he was surprised by how the community latched on to the idea of Daniel. He was simply made to give Cavil some history, a Cain and Abel-ish background. He was never intended to be a part of the whole conspiracy. Of course, Helo was supposed to die in the mini-series :P
Well that's pretty short-sighted. He really didn't think that saying there was another cylon model would make the community go apeshit? I mean c'mon. He obviously isn't as in touch with his audience as he should be (should have been).

One thing I like about the Lost creators is that they keep fully abreast of what the community is saying, theorizing, and discovering. They have a very active and engaged role with their audience that is apparent in interviews, Easter eggs, and the variety of Lost canon material they've released. I hope more TV shows in the future follow that model. It's far superior to the traditional writer-in-a-bubble model of most TV, but it seems there are very few examples of it. Joss Whedon is the only other TV show creator/writer that I can think of who connects with his audience as much as possible.

Now I'm going to go cry because BSG is over, Lost will be over in a year, and Dollhouse is a big disappointment.
Lalanae
rhyae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by rhyae »

I was satisfied with that ending.
[Show]
I get together with a friend to watch it since his wife hates it, and when Tori started to look nervous about the final 5 knowing her thoughts, we all cheered. Bitch about to get punched! But better yet, neck snapped. Then again, when you think about it, Tori just might have been jealous, she flushed her former (former life's) husbands current wife out the airlock. Wouldn't you?

I was disappointed that Lee and Kara would never get together, but saw it as some people are just not meant to be. Romeo and Juliet-ish, always an impediment to happiness, stuff like Zach, Anders, dying in a fiery crash, being an angel, being a pigeon... etc, etc.
And, in the big picture, she may have been the harbinger of death after all. They keep saying everything that has happened before will happen again. She brought them to earth to start the cycle of build up and destruction all over again. Even though angels Six and Baltar said maybe not this time. I could just be reaching though.

My friend is convinced that it was D in the quick cutaway too. Film Making 101: Writers never do anything or shoot any shot without a reason or purpose. But I don't think it was her. Can't see a good reason for it.

The Opera house flashbacks cut with the current situation were a very nice touch.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Question for yall.

I've seen all seasons of the series, but I went to rent a disc to show my friend, and I also found the "mini-series". I didn't know there was a mini-series... Did this become the first season of the main series or is this something that takes place before season 1? I would love to see some more BSG episodes for the first time. :)

Thanks.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It's before season one: (and well worth watching)

Viewing Order

-Miniseries
-Season 1
-Season 2
-"The Resistance" Webisodes 1-10
-Season 3
-"Razor" TV Movie
-Season 4
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

There were also 12? webisodes that split season 4 in half.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

New 2 hour BSG Movie "The Plan" is out if you know where to look!
On August 7, 2008 SciFi Channel officially announced the production of a two-hour TV movie which was originally supposed to air after the final episode of Season 4. The movie began production on September 8, 2008. The movie is scheduled to premiere exclusively on DVD, Blu-ray and digital download on October 27, 2009 and tentatively scheduled to air in 2010 on SciFi. Written by Jane Espenson and directed by Edward James Olmos, The Plan storyline begins before the attack on the 12 colonies and will show events mainly from the perspective of two Cylon agents, Cavil and Anders. Tricia Helfer states that the disappearance of Shelly Godfrey in “Six Degrees of Separation” will be explained. IGN reports scenes including Aaron Doral preparing for the suicide bombing seen in “Litmus”, Anders awakening in a Cylon resurrection chamber, and Cavil berating Boomer for failing to kill William Adama in “Kobol’s Last Gleaming”. In addition to Shelly Godfrey, there is a dark-haired Six called “Tough Six” in the script. A sneak peek was made available by SciFi on June 12, 2009, showing Cavil and Ellen Tigh during the events of “33″. Confirmed cast members include Olmos, Michael Trucco, Aaron Douglas and Dean Stockwell. All the actors playing Cylons have been confirmed for the movie, except Lucy Lawless. Tricia Helfer, Grace Park, Rick Worthy, Matthew Bennett, Callum Keith Rennie, Michael Hogan and Rekha Sharma will also feature.

On July 24, 2009, Edward James Olmos stated that The Plan will not be the last BSG movie
http://www.rlslog.net/battlestar-galact ... vid-vomit/