Server differences?

For discussion about Warhammer Online.
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Server differences?

Post by Tegellan »

I am just about to take the plunge, but I haven't been able to find any solid info on what the server differences are.

Can anyone shed any light on what the differences on normal, open rvr and roleplay servers are?

Also, if anyone ahs any info on classes I would be very grateful. I am thinking I will be either an archmage, bright wizard, or a shadow warrior, so if anyone has any comments on those classes, I would be glad to read them.
Fortune favors the brave!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Server differences?

Post by Winnow »

Open RVR means you can be atacked by Order/Destruction anywhere on the map except major cities.

In theory it sounds fun but you get level 20 characters killing you when your level 6. I mentioned somewhere else that I found it more annoying than competitive.

It's your choice but the way Warhammer is setup, you get plenty of PvP/RvR even on the non open servers. Warhammer provides enjoyable Public Quests and other content which can be ruined by the open RvR. You can play RvR scenarios anytime you want on a populated non RvR server (look for med load or higher)
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

Whatever you do, don't go Magus :D
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

My RP server, Ostermark, is very enjoyable. We have a casual server, no evident power gamer guilds (my guild is number 2 or 3, and we're relaxed), and the community is fairly mature.
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

Kaldaur wrote:My RP server, Ostermark, is very enjoyable. We have a casual server, no evident power gamer guilds (my guild is number 2 or 3, and we're relaxed), and the community is fairly mature.
On that note - who/where are the power gamer guilds?
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

That is a very good question. I haven't really kept my ear to the ground outside of my own server. If you go to the Realm War website off Mythic's main page, you can do searches for guilds by server. Look for guilds with a fairly high guild level at this point.