Your office related pet-peeve's

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Arundel Pajo wrote:There was this woman named Phyllis at a former job of mine. Several times a day, she would make her rounds around the building, pointing people out to nobody in particular. You could hear her coming around to all the offices.

"There's Jim!"

"There's Laura!"

"There's Chris!"

"There's Steve! Steve's working on something!"

"There's Jacqui!"

"There's Dave!"

"There's Jessi! She looks busy!"

It's not like she was in charge of attendance or anything. I have no real idea why she did this. All I know is that it was annoying as all fuck. Like squeaking styrofoam on styrofoam.
Sounds sorta funny to me!

I don't have as many hangups as some people here. But I will say people using speaker phones is #2 after the screen touching thing.

Do people not know they are disturbing everyone within a 50 foot radius, do they think they are too important or do they just not care?
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

people who plug 5 or 6 power strips into one UPS - then leave the UPS with the warning beep going NON FUCKING STOP FOR 3 FUCKING HOURS
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Arundel Pajo
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: concreteeye

Post by Arundel Pajo »

Aslanna wrote:
Arundel Pajo wrote:There was this woman named Phyllis at a former job of mine. Several times a day, she would make her rounds around the building, pointing people out to nobody in particular. You could hear her coming around to all the offices.

"There's Jim!"

"There's Laura!"

"There's Chris!"

"There's Steve! Steve's working on something!"

"There's Jacqui!"

"There's Dave!"

"There's Jessi! She looks busy!"

It's not like she was in charge of attendance or anything. I have no real idea why she did this. All I know is that it was annoying as all fuck. Like squeaking styrofoam on styrofoam.
Sounds sorta funny to me!
Yeah, it was funny at first. We all just kinda snickered about it. But when you hear it every day for 3 years, it gets old really fast. You just wanted to sit her down and shout, "ENOUGH, PHYLLIS!!"

...didn't help that she had so much plastic surgery, she looked sorta reptilian. Seriously - her facial skin was stretched *way* too tight for her age. We used to call her "mecha-phyllis" when she wasn't around.
Hawking - 80 Necromancer, AOC Mannannan server, TELoE
Also currently enjoying Left 4 Dead on XBL. :)
Gurugurumaki
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Gurugurumaki »

Ashur wrote:Man, if I had the hangups you guys did I'd go insane... quickly.

Glad I don't.
No, you just have to put up with all your co-workers..and I feel sorry for you~
Velasca
No Stars!

Post by Velasca »

People who lick their fingers and then gives me the sheet of paper that now has a wrinkled wet corner, ick!

People who come to talk to me about something and sits a butt cheek and part of their thigh on my desk. I DO NOT want crotch shots!

People who shove my stuff aside so they could put something on my desk to point something out or write in their planner that they carry around with them. I have a system, it’s laying on my desk in that particular space for a reason, don’t move my stuff!

People who try to sneak in a request to me while I’m on the phone. They try to get their point across with gestures or exaggerate the words that they are saying thinking I can read lips or something. FFS send me an email or write a note, can’t you see that I’m on the phone??!?!

I use to have a nightmare of a boss that would do all the above and while she was talking to me, usually something about herself, she would be flipping through the stuff on my desk. Irritating, just…so….irritating.

People who take forever to get back to me with an answer or action but expect me to drop whatever I’m working on to help them with THEIR request.

People who leave me voice messages in 10 minute intervals then get all hot and ask for my manager because I haven’t gotten back to them within the hour. I have 1600 active employees, 4000 former employees, a gazillion external customers from child support offices, apartment complexes, mortgage companies, to collection people trying to verify past and present employee information that can call me at any given moment. For every message that you leave me, you can tack on an additional day of waiting for a call back from me!!@#$!@#$!

I have to go do the office “birthday cake” thing now. You know if we do this only once a month, the least they can do is buy a GOOD cake.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Velasca wrote: I have to go do the office “birthday cake” thing now. You know if we do this only once a month, the least they can do is buy a GOOD cake.

I can't stand department meetings. I avoid them any chance I get. It's two hours of mind numbing babble that could easily be explained or communicated in an email.

Today my boss made me go to the meeting because I was being recognized and given an award. I told my boss that the best award I could receive would be to excuse me from the next year's worth of meetings.
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Winnow wrote: Today my boss made me go to the meeting because I was being recognized and given an award.
I could say so much...
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Lalanae wrote:
Winnow wrote: Today my boss made me go to the meeting because I was being recognized and given an award.
I could say so much...
shush you : )
Spankes
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spankes »

I kinda just hate when people promise to do something or fax something or whatever...then they don't. Don't fucking tell me you are gonna fax me what I need in 5 minutes then sit on it for 5 hours or more.

Worse than that, I hate when people tell me they have something right in front of them...but are too busy to fax it right now. Bitch, get your ass over to that fax machine and push send...30 God damned seconds.

I am sort of a procrastinator, which is a little ironic considering the above statements, but I never miss a deadline. So, it pisses me off to no end when my boss tells me at 9am to have something done by the end of the day then proceeds to ask me every 15 minutes if it is done. No, it isnt done, and it won't be done till 5 minutes to 5. If you wanted it at 10am you should have fucking told me that.
EQ - Spankes - Retired
Wow - Randulph
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I'll admit it, I used to be a screen toucher. But the anal guy in the cube next to me taught me a little trick that you should all teach your coworkers. Flip your finger over, and point with your fingernail. No fuss, no muss, you can rub your fingernail all over your screen and it won't leave any marks, short of a trail through the dust if your monitor is already dirty.

I absolutely cannot stand people clipping their nails at work. You have a house, do it there.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sylvus wrote:I'll admit it, I used to be a screen toucher. But the anal guy in the cube next to me taught me a little trick that you should all teach your coworkers. Flip your finger over, and point with your fingernail. No fuss, no muss, you can rub your fingernail all over your screen and it won't leave any marks, short of a trail through the dust if your monitor is already dirty.

I absolutely cannot stand people clipping their nails at work. You have a house, do it there.
Was he anal for other reasons or was it simply because he didn't like people rubbing their greasy fingers all over his screen!

--
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

No, I hate the finger thing too, that's not what makes him anal. He's anal in general, and as a result, one of the tricks that he developed or learned was the fingernail screen-pointing trick.

Go Blue!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Another one: Most printers these days are designed to take 500 sheets. Paper packs come in, strangely enough, 500 sheets. A coincidence? Apparently not to some people who open a pack, put 450 sheets int he printer, and leave the other 50 laying next to it. Argh!

--
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

People who grab rulers and bring them to their desk, only to lose it in that filthy pile of papers then get up and grab another ruler untill all 6 of them are gone and you're left wondering "Where the hell did the 6 rulers go"

This applies to other office supplies too.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Upper management who completely believe what a sales person tells them and then goes and makes a huge purchase/investment into a new product without ANY testing or evaluation period to determine if the product does in fact work. And then the same upper management dipshits that dictate to everyone below them that their shiney new toy is the new company standard and is in all of the new RFP's for new customers - even though nearly a year later, the product still doesn't work.

And people wonder why there are so many layoffs in America.

PS: HP's OpenView Performance Insight sucks the dirtiest balls you could possibly imagine on the dirtiest streets of the dirtiest little lepper colony on the face of the planet during the hottest day of the most depressing year in existance. And then it sucks some more.
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: Office Peeves

Post by Moonwynd »

Aslanna wrote:I have a lot..

But the one that really pisses me off is when someone comes and points something out on my screen. And they touch it. And leave fingerprints all over the screen. OMG stop touching the damn screen!

Argh!

What others are out there?
I <3 you for this alone! I hate this as well.
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

My Personnel manager (who read the paper all day and did fuck all else) would come into my department when I was on my lunch, see me reading a book, take it off me, and kick it across the room.

Fucking dwarf bastard, Ill kill him...
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
Mort
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mort »

A manager in my print shop grabs my ruler (Pica stick for those in teh know) and uses it to scratch his hairy back this morning, I saw his life flash before my eyes.

Biggest Peeve so far. SLACKASS NIGHTSHIFT. We got 2 full time night guys (Who make .75 more an hour for working said nightshift, even though they dont have to deal with 40+ PMS'ing CSR's all fucking day) who do dick and shit, I bust my ass and walk in atleast 2 times a week to the jobs I left for them the previous day.

/vent off
Morteus - 60 NE War - Cenarius
Warlord of <Driven>

"I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct....."
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

People email in a helpdesk call and you call them back right away and get a voicemail stating that they are going to be out of the office for the next 2 weeks.

I used to hate the 12:00 flashers (those people who are not technically savey enough to set their vcr clock) when they would call for computer help but now they are almost comical. I have to keep reminding myself that these people are the reason I have a job.
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

People who touch my monitor to show me something.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Your office related pet-peeve's

Post by Funkmasterr »

So I realized today while I was sitting here this morning, that I think it's really silly, and kind of funny when someone has their own coffee maker at their desk. Are your taste buds seriously just sooooo sophisticated that you can't drink the crappy office coffee, or you're too lazy/broke to make the trek to Caribou (or starbucks, or whatever)?

Also, people that don't shut off the ringer on their cell phones while at work drive me nuts.

You?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Your office related pet-peeve's

Post by Spang »

They're making their own coffee. How is that lazy?
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Spang wrote:They're making their own coffee. How is that lazy?
You have to sit at your desk, dump something into the container and press a button, that's how :)

I go almost daily with people to the coffee shop, I only actually buy something like once every week or two, but I do it just to get the exercise.
Canoe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Canoe »

Funkmasterr wrote:
You have to sit at your desk, dump something into the container and press a button, that's how :)

I go almost daily with people to the coffee shop, I only actually buy something like once every week or two, but I do it just to get the exercise.
It might just be a hygiene issue.

I know quite a few people at work who have their own coffee maker and it's just because they don't like drinking out of the nasty ass "communal" coffee pot that other people never clean, and they were tired of cleaning up after others.

Just a thought.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Canoe wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:

It might just be a hygiene issue.

I know quite a few people at work who have their own coffee maker and it's just because they don't like drinking out of the nasty ass "communal" coffee pot that other people never clean, and they were tired of cleaning up after others.

Just a thought.
Never thought of it that way, but it's still sassy :)

Speaking of hygiene.. It makes me sick how many people walk out of the bathroom without washing their hands :(
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Funkmasterr wrote:Speaking of hygiene.. It makes me sick how many people walk out of the bathroom without washing their hands :(
There are certain people at work who we do not share food with (like say if you have some m&m's for example) because we all know they don't wash their hands. We also don't always shake their hands, although in some cases, we have to and just go wash our hands after... it really is gross.

My fiance also falls under the category of having a coffee maker at her desk. I am too cheap and convinced her to just make her own at work because Starbucks/Caribou aren't that close and not worth the price imo.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

I have seriously considered getting my own coffee pot. We have to pay for our coffee club at work. The coffee is pretty shitty and I feel like I am the one constantly refilling it. At home, I grind my own beans for coffee and use a percolator instead of drip. Coffee tastes much better and I can make it lighter the way I like it. I can easily drink a pot a day and sometimes two.

My club just switched to a generic coffee and it really tastes like ass. I was in the military and drank some of the nastiest shit known to man. Army cooks can and will burn anything. I still drank it and was thankful for the hot drink but I am a civilian now and should be able to drink what and how I want.

As for people not washing their hands, that is just plain disgusting. I would tape a sign to the door. Make the first couple of signs polite. If they don't get the hint then start getting nasty. My older son is almost 4 years old and he always washes his hands. I won't even touch the door handle in a public bathroon. Call me paranoid but I hate being sick and I don't want to be touching someone else's fecal matter on the door handle.
Deward
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

woah woah woah woah woah- percolator??

as for my peeves- people who leave dirty dishes in the sink for days at a time. your momma don't work here!
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

Heh I like percolators. Makes me feel a little more old fashioned and they are more compact. When they are done brewing you can take the whole unit with you. You gotta live with a few grounds now and then but I always liked the taste of coffee beans freshly ground up.
Deward
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

cadalano wrote:woah woah woah woah woah- percolator??

as for my peeves- people who leave dirty dishes in the sink for days at a time. your momma don't work here!
You know, it's funny you say that. There are signs up at all of our sinks in the building that say "Clean up after yourself, nobody's mother works here".
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

that reminds me of an ex coworker of mine who always used to tell me what a coffee aficionado he was. one day he tells me hes going to bring in some top quality beans from this local roaster in his neighborhood. what does he bring in? snickerdoodle flavored coffee grounds. this shit was like mulch with cookie syrup drizzled all over it. so's I'm like, man you do not understand what it means to be an elite coffee drinker like me
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Throw the dishes away, that's what I used to do when I saw peoples' dishes in the sink for more than one work day.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

Truant wrote:

Throw the dishes away, that's what I used to do when I saw peoples' dishes in the sink for more than one work day.
the dishes belong to the company (small company)- no go

the guy that was doing it quit recently anyway. problem solved! in unrelated news, after he quit we discovered he had an entire file cabinet full to the BRIM with unopened fortune cookies. weird guy
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Some more here...

http://www.veeshanvault.org/forums/view ... f=1&t=8496

omg thread merge please!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:Some more here...

http://www.veeshanvault.org/forums/view ... f=1&t=8496

omg thread merge please!
Haha I didn't even remember this thread had already been made! Thread merge motion seconded :)
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Go Blue!
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

This thread makes me happy I have a home office. Outside sales roles have some perks, like no annoying co-workers!

My pet peeve is that in sales, you can have a monster year, then the next year be expected to have a monster year + 8%. I already hit my annual numbers this year. The next 3 months are going to be the numbers I have to add to my quota for next year. On the plus side, I am getting a higher commission rate for 3 months though.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

I love the smell of fresh brewed coffee, even though I don't drink it... however....

Leave your fucking smelly fish lunches at home or go to a park and eat it!! I hate walking down the hall and it smells like I am on a fishing pier.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

lmnt9 wrote:I love the smell of fresh brewed coffee, even though I don't drink it... however....

Leave your fucking smelly fish lunches at home or go to a park and eat it!! I hate walking down the hall and it smells like I am on a fishing pier.
Similar to this, the extremely overwhelming smell of maple and whatever else that wreaks the office up when people make frozen waffles for breakfast makes me sick to my stomach :(
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re:

Post by Zaelath »

cid wrote:People who touch my monitor to show me something.
One of the 3D artists I worked with was constantly cleaning his monitor (admittedly he was doing a lot of highly detailed work and finger prints made it that much harder to see it). Naturally, the art director made a point of touching his monitor every time he came over to check on his work ><
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Working a support desk you run into a lot of things that annoy or just outright piss you off. Here is a list I have been compiling of things that I have personally experienced so far.
Things that annoy me at the Support Desk

In no particular order at this time as I am just collecting information.
1: Emails with Backgrounds
2: Emails with nothing in the Subject
3: Emails with entire message in the Subject
4: “While I have you on the phone”
5: Emails for help just before they leave for vacation or business trip
6: Emails that ask for help but offer no details. (ie: My computer is broke)
7: “If you have any questions please contact the Support Desk” after a surprise release
8: People who call in and don’t tell you who they are.
9: People who call in and just say, “Hi, this is Lisa from Madison” as if she is the only one named Lisa in that office.
10: People who email you an issue and when you call them back within 2 minutes you get put to voice mail. (similar to #5 but they are still in the office)
11: People who call in stating that they are looking for a file but don’t know the name or previous location of the file in the first place.
12: People who can’t get our names right even after we tell them our names multiple times.
13: “Play by Play” people. These are the people who describe every screen and every flicker of things that happen while waiting for the expected outcome.
14: People who don’t know how to hang up a phone.
15: People who doubt your answer and call back trying to get someone else and getting the same answer.
16: People who claim that “Everyone is experiencing the same problem” when they are the only person experiencing this problem.
17: “Well it worked before” or “I never had any problems with this before”
18: People who give the wrong technical term to technical items (ie: “I turned the Hard Drive on” when referring to the computer)
19: People who are convinced that the problem is being cause by something that has absolutely no chance of being the problem. (ie: Winzip causing Network outages)
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I hate when people masturbate in my cubicle.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Corporate terms/phrases, for example:

Hit the ground running
Leverage
Synergy
Drill-down
Reach out
At the end of the day

etc.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

There's this one guy who after 9 months at this job, I still have no idea what he does. He's a nice guy and all, but really, he's either on the phone with his friends or going to meet his Chamber of Commerce buddies. I'd say he's a salesman, but I swear, he's never made one sale. It's to the point that if I asked him what he did, it would be rude.

Maybe I should just consider him my hero, but he makes more $$ than I do.

Also phone calls from old ladies.

Angry phone calls used to piss me off a lot, especially when they're not angry at me specifically. One person threatened to cut my throat without even knowing who they were talking to. But I've found a happy medium between being apologetic (if necessary), sarcastic and condescending to the people who end up on the other line.
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

Bubba Grizz wrote:Working a support desk you run into a lot of things that annoy or just outright piss you off. Here is a list I have been compiling of things that I have personally experienced so far.

7: “If you have any questions please contact the Support Desk” after a surprise release
9: People who call in and just say, “Hi, this is Lisa from Madison” as if she is the only one named Lisa in that office.
10: People who email you an issue and when you call them back within 2 minutes you get put to voice mail. (similar to #5 but they are still in the office)
11: People who call in stating that they are looking for a file but don’t know the name or previous location of the file in the first place.
12: People who can’t get our names right even after we tell them our names multiple times.
13: “Play by Play” people. These are the people who describe every screen and every flicker of things that happen while waiting for the expected outcome.
15: People who doubt your answer and call back trying to get someone else and getting the same answer.
16: People who claim that “Everyone is experiencing the same problem” when they are the only person experiencing this problem.
18: People who give the wrong technical term to technical items (ie: “I turned the Hard Drive on” when referring to the computer)
19: People who are convinced that the problem is being cause by something that has absolutely no chance of being the problem. (ie: Winzip causing Network outages)

Nice list.

I support people on the phone from time to time, and I hate it when I am trying to troubleshoot with them and I say for instance "Click Start, then click Run" and I hear about 10,000 mouse clicks and furious typing and then they say something like "I'm at Windows Firewall settings, now what?".
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

People that email or call the VP/Director of the division to get support.

People who CC the president of the company when emailing for support.

People who claim everyone is having a problem when its just them

People who claim "its never worked" when in reality they just have no idea what to do with it.

People that call up mad at me because they did something infinitely stupid like spill water into their laptop.

People that claim they called the help desk 5 or 6 times and no one called them back. Love being able to shove this one back up their asses when I pull all calls from their desk phone and show them they didn't call even once.

Name droppers thinking they will some how get bumped to the head of the line if the say the prez asked them to call. ( I make these fuckers wait twice as long before the get help)

Do a roll out of any new or revamped product, ask everyone and I mean desk to desk everyone if they have issues and everyone says no. The following week the director is in a meeting and they ambush him with it doesn't work at all and claim to call the help desk and not get a return call.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

People that call up mad at me because they did something infinitely stupid like spill water into their laptop.
Haha, a few years ago, a guy told me he spilled coffee around his Blackberry... but not on it.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

miir wrote:
Haha, a few years ago, a guy told me he spilled coffee around his Blackberry... but not on it.
Hahaha - that is classic! :lol:
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

People who crowd the elevator doors. Just assume that when the elevator arrives at your floor someone may actually be wanting to get out. I don't want you in my face when the doors open.

--
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

lmnt9 wrote:
Bubba Grizz wrote:Working a support desk you run into a lot of things that annoy or just outright piss you off. Here is a list I have been compiling of things that I have personally experienced so far.

Nice list.

I support people on the phone from time to time, and I hate it when I am trying to troubleshoot with them and I say for instance "Click Start, then click Run" and I hear about 10,000 mouse clicks and furious typing and then they say something like "I'm at Windows Firewall settings, now what?".
I deal with this shit on a daily basis (I'm actually dealing with number 19 right now.. and they threw #12 in there as a bonus!) The ones in bold are my biggest annoyances.

Reminds me of a George Carlin quote... "I dont have little pet-peeves or annoyances.. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds.."
Timmah.