What do you think about the world?
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

My Muslim Faith

Post by Fash »

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/se ... s-critics/
ST. LOUIS, Mo. - Sen. Barack Obama's foes seized Sunday upon a brief slip of the tongue, when the Democratic presidential nominee was outlining his Christianity but accidentally said, "my Muslim faith."

The three words -- immediately corrected -- were during an exchange with ABC's George Stephanopoulos on "This Week," when he was trying to criticize the quiet smear campaign suggesting he is a Muslim.

But illustrating the difficulty of preventing false rumors about his faith from spreading, anti-Obama groups within one hour of the interview had sliced it out of context and were sending it around via email. They also were blogging about it.
My satanic faith, sorry, I mean my atheistic faith, makes me question his real faith if he can get it mixed up with Islam so easily when specifically trying not to. Way to quiet those rumors, Barry. It WASN'T immediately corrected... George corrected him on it!

This guy doesn't have a chance of winning in November when he can't put even the most absurd speculation to rest.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: My Muslim Faith

Post by Keverian FireCry »

My satanic faith, sorry, I mean my atheistic faith, makes me question his real faith if he can get it mixed up with Islam so easily when specifically trying not to. Way to quiet those rumors, Barry. It WASN'T immediately corrected... George corrected him on it!

This guy doesn't have a chance of winning in November when he can't put even the most absurd speculation to rest.
So is it an absurd speculation, or are you yet another sheep?

This kind of shit shows how easily this bipartisan, sensationalist media creeps into our conscious no matter where we lie on a political spectrum.

Yeah, it's a mistake on Obama's part, but it's a much greater mistake that any mainstream newspaper would even publish it as news.

edit: Can we just dedicate an entire thread or forum to how fucking horrible our media has become as far as making us informed citizens? It's every fucking network and every fucking show, liberal or conservative or "alternative". Our media has not become simply a "fourth estate" of a democratic society...it has evolved into a fucking monster which trumps every other branch of our government. I'd continue but I need to go ASAP...Wolf Blitzer has a special on how sexual confidence issues effect presidential terms.
Last edited by Keverian FireCry on September 8, 2008, 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

I didn't think religion was that important to you Fash.
Sirton
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sirton »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGMQ5DpVVTM the actual video clip.

The problem is this smart man is confused still....He needs 8 years to make a record before running for president and to figure out who he is on a national scale...

BTW thks Dems on giving the White House to Repubs for 4-12 more yrs. You guys could of easily won it this year with Hillary, but tried to pull as much leftist crap in as you could with Berry, and as always backfired.

Hillary was a shoe in even leading in Kentucy over Mac by 10-20%, 10 in Ohio, 5 in Florida, 20 in Arkansas.....fkin retarded strategis. Dean, Pelosi, Reaid all need to be fired and put respectable people like Biden, Webb and Strickland as party leader types(and also Hillary.)
CRY HAVOC...........AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!!!!!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sirton wrote:The problem is this smart man is confused still....He needs 8 years to make a record before running for president and to figure out who he is on a national scale...

BTW thks Dems on giving the White House to Repubs for 4-12 more yrs. You guys could of easily won it this year with Hillary, but tried to pull as much leftist crap in as you could with Berry, and as always backfired.
Uhm, hello? The election is still nearly two months away. Perhaps you should save your gloating for when you know.. your candidate actually wins or something? Which BTW I find doubtful will happen but I guess we'll find out on election night. As it is now you guys are looking like colossal idiots. "OMG Obama is really a sekrit Muslim I knewz it all alonggggggg!"

In the meantime nothing that happens between now and then will change my vote. I'm wondering what the actual percentage of people is that are actually swayed by all the campaign smear jobs, political ads, and presidential debates. I'm fairly certain the majority of people already know who they are voting for and don't plan on switching.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Aslanna...Don't waste you're breath on this retard.

It's very clear from Sirton's clip that it was hardly even a slip. It has simply been taken out of context by media outlets with a clear agenda.

In this interview they were talking about the accusations from fringe groups that inferred that Obama was a muslim. He was asked about McCain's stance on that accusation. He simply stated that "John McCain has not talked about [the rediculous idea of] my muslim faith". If anything he was simply stating that McCain isn't as moronic as a lot of his base. Clearly Sirton is one of the retarded sheep that make up far too much of his base.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Unfortunately for you, those sheep make up a larger majority than you "super smart" folks. Guess you all need a new country to move to.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Considering I could not care less about Obama's selection of faith, this means diddly and shit to me. Something taken out of context or a slight fumbling of words with all of the pressure and scrutiny he's been under since beginning his run for office, I'm surprised this is the "worst" thing that has happened. If it were me I'd have cracked by now and had a 'thought the mic was off' moment of speaking what was really on my mind.

It absolutely disgusts me how fellow citizens in this country can actually rally behind someone like Palin and go on and on about what a wonderful choice she is. It also disgusts me to listen to people of wealth piss and moan about their taxes going up if Obama gets into office.

TOO FUCKING BAD BITCHES. Welcome to our world. I'm a paycheck away from just about losing everything right now because you Republican fucks have fucktarded up the economy so badly that nobody can afford anything. My electric bill is almost double from a year ago, and they're asking for a ~30% increase. The taxes on my house have gone up drastically. My 401k has been sucking it for quite awhile now. I'm a breath away from losing my job of nearly 14 years, and there's no other jobs to get around here. Oh, and I can't sell my house to relocate for a new job because no less than 4 other houses on my street alone are and have been for sale for a LONG time. In the neighborhood? Probably 20%+ of the houses have been for sale for a year. Nevermind the fact that the housing market has tanked so badly that to even list my house I'd have to list it for less than I paid for it. So the next time you're fucking pissing and moaning about paying more taxes on your 500k+ income or million dollar mansion, kindly fuck off and die.

Is Obama going to cure all our problems and make all of this go away? Certainly not, but I'm confident he'll at least start us on the right path instead of keep us heading to hell like McCain and his 90% coverage of Bush's balls will.
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Brutus709

Post by Forthe »

Very stupid mistatement by Obama, but it isn't like the repugs were not going to keep the smear going regardless. This will only get nastier.
All posts are personal opinion.
My opinion may == || != my guild's.
"All spelling mistakes were not on purpose as I dont know shit ." - Torrkir
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Keverian FireCry wrote:
So is it an absurd speculation, or are you yet another sheep?

This kind of shit shows how easily this bipartisan, sensationalist media creeps into our conscious no matter where we lie on a political spectrum.

Yeah, it's a mistake on Obama's part, but it's a much greater mistake that any mainstream newspaper would even publish it as news.
It's absurd... absolutely.

While I agree the media should be more... selective... in what they report, I don't think you'd find many others to agree. You chose this issue as one you don't think should be reported, and I would say that Cindy Sheehan never should have received any press whatsoever. It wasn't news for the mother of a fallen soldier to be upset and irrational.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Fash wrote:http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/se ... s-critics/
ST. LOUIS, Mo. - Sen. Barack Obama's foes seized Sunday upon a brief slip of the tongue, when the Democratic presidential nominee was outlining his Christianity but accidentally said, "my Muslim faith."

The three words -- immediately corrected -- were during an exchange with ABC's George Stephanopoulos on "This Week," when he was trying to criticize the quiet smear campaign suggesting he is a Muslim.

But illustrating the difficulty of preventing false rumors about his faith from spreading, anti-Obama groups within one hour of the interview had sliced it out of context and were sending it around via email. They also were blogging about it.

Did you watch it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQqIpdBOg6I

He didn't make any mistakes; he wasn't at all saying he was a Muslim and it wasn't a slip. He was saying that McCain hadn't said he was a Muslim.

Watch the video. Stephanopoulos mistakenly corrected him with "Christian faith", which Obama repeated (which is what one often does when corrected), and then he realized that George was wrong and then he pointed out what he had meant by it.

Let's not forget that The Washington Times is the paper founded by Sun Myung Moon and is universally regarded as a conservative newspaper. Let's also not forget that Moon said of his paper that "The Washington Times will become the instrument in spreading the truth about God to the world." I'm not sure it's where I would go for fair and balanced news. ;)
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

"John McCain hasn't questioned my Muslim faith"

is a mistake. It implies he is Muslim and that McCain has not questioned his devotion.

"John McCain hasn't questioned my Christian faith"

is what he would have liked to have said. Rumors that he is Muslim would be questioning that faith.

You are wrong, sir. It is the only way the sentence makes sense.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Fash wrote:"John McCain hasn't questioned my Muslim faith"

is a mistake. It implies he is Muslim and that McCain has not questioned his devotion.
You are right, that would be a mistake.

Fortunately, that's not what Obama said. In the context of making attacks against the other candidate, Obama says:

"You are absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith." (@ 1:15 in that YouTube clip)

People have been calling him a Muslim, or showing that picture of him in the "different" clothes for months now. I take it as him saying "McCain himself hasn't made attacks that imply I'm a Muslim", which is exactly what he says when he corrects his mistake of repeating the words that Stephanopoulos put in his mouth.

Go Blue!
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

My bad on the exact words as I thought that's what he said when I watched it the first time...

However, I don't find that it changes the meaning of the sentence. 'my muslim faith' should never leave the mouth of a non-muslim.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Fash wrote:However, I don't find that it changes the meaning of the sentence. 'my muslim faith' should never leave the mouth of a non-muslim.
While either might be a poor choice of words for a non-muslim (when taken from the perspective that being a Muslim is an inherently bad thing) is it grammatically correct to say "...talked about my Muslim faith" rather than "...talked about me being a Muslim"? I honestly don't know, and in that situation I'll usually defer to the guy who was president of the Harvard Law Review.

Go Blue!
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

in the political sense those three words should never exist together in a sentence, even if spoken ironically as in this case, because it presents a bullseye in a battle fought with out-of-context sound bytes. that is the only legitimate mistake
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

cadalano wrote:in the political sense those three words should never exist together in a sentence, even if spoken ironically as in this case, because it presents a bullseye in a battle fought with out-of-context sound bytes.
Fair enough, I just think you'd have to be a moron of the highest caliber to think that what Obama said in that interview was any implication that he was a Muslim, even from a Freudian slip angle. Though we've already established that it is precisely the morons of the highest caliber that decide presidential elections in this country (see: Nov. 2000, 2004). So I guess I'm just wasting my breath. My apologies. It has helped me get through the first couple hours of work on a Monday though!

Go Blue!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Why should anyone care if he was Muslim? Wasn't this country founded by the religious outcasts from Europe?
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Non-issue. Move on.
- Ash
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

oh boy what a valuable and substantive discussion of current events
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Seeming more and more like Obama is part of a super sleeper cell. Does the president have to go through detectors or could he strap on a bomb and blow everyone up during his State of the Union Address?*

*Go Cardinals!
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

Sylvus wrote:
cadalano wrote:in the political sense those three words should never exist together in a sentence, even if spoken ironically as in this case, because it presents a bullseye in a battle fought with out-of-context sound bytes.
Fair enough, I just think you'd have to be a moron of the highest caliber to think that what Obama said in that interview was any implication that he was a Muslim, even from a Freudian slip angle. Though we've already established that it is precisely the morons of the highest caliber that decide presidential elections in this country (see: Nov. 2000, 2004). So I guess I'm just wasting my breath. My apologies. It has helped me get through the first couple hours of work on a Monday though!
i agree- dont get me wrong. its bullsh that it matters at all. but because it matters, things have to be put back into context.. so i wasnt saying i didnt appreciate your posts. I'm just saying (to Fash as much as to you) the best you can legitimately say from either perspective is he happened to form a sentence in a way that can be used against him, given the track record of ignorance among voters. the actual meaning of his words is practically irrelevant

edit: i also agree with Ashur that the muslim thing should have been ignored from the getgo and never addressed by him directly.. Maybe its too late for that approach now, though
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Ashur wrote:Non-issue. Move on.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Sylvus wrote:While either might be a poor choice of words for a non-muslim (when taken from the perspective that being a Muslim is an inherently bad thing) is it grammatically correct to say "...talked about my Muslim faith" rather than "...talked about me being a Muslim"? I honestly don't know, and in that situation I'll usually defer to the guy who was president of the Harvard Law Review.
I wouldn't.

Can you think of any similar example where you would refer to something you are NOT or don't have as 'my xxx'? The only examples I can think of that work are neutral things that could be totally clean, like 'my criminal record' or 'my rap sheet.' No one would assume he was admitting to being a criminal. But....

Sylvus: Fash has never talked about my homosexual tendencies.
Sylvus: Fash has never talked about my sexually transmitted diseases.
Sylvus: Fash has never talked about my dandruff problem.

I agree he should know better, but this is a valid gaffe that I can't fault his detractors for latching on to. He's given them every reason to further the idea that it was a Freudian slip and he is indeed a closet Muslim. To be clear, yes, being a Muslim is a bad thing for a presidential candidate.

I do not believe he is, but what I believe is inconsequential.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

There's not a peep of this over on Digg. Liberal controlled media! It's a wonder there's any Republicans in office at all.

Digg demofreaks are eliminating all negative articles about Obama. Liberals sure like to censor! And then you've got the whacko protesters interrupting McCain's RNC speech. What kind of loser Americans are these? The conventions are there to hear out the party platforms and help Americans decide on a candidate. It's disgraceful that democrats/liberals must continually protest and interrupt attempts by political parties to get their message out so people can decide themselves.

What a bunch of tools.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

One political thought, though, and it's one I think every day: Why is political discourse in this country so sarcastic, so biting, so rude, so disrespectful, so deceitful? No wonder the two sides hate each other so much when they get to Washington and find it hard to agree on the color of pen ink.
Mak
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mak »

This is a ridiculous splitting of semantic hairs. If the man professes to be Christian let's take him at his word until proven otherwise. He is clearly familiar with Islam, but if he has chosen to follow Christianity let's accept that and move on.
Makora

Too often it seems it is the peaceful and innocent who are slaughtered. In this a lesson may be found that it may not be prudential to be either too peaceful or too innocent. One does not survive with wolves by becoming a sheep.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Freedom of religion.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Freedom to commit political suicide.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

freedom to commit idiotic political discourse
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Now THIS reminds me of the end of Braveheart.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Winnow wrote:There's not a peep of this over on Digg. Liberal controlled media! It's a wonder there's any Republicans in office at all.

Digg demofreaks are eliminating all negative articles about Obama. Liberals sure like to censor! And then you've got the whacko protesters interrupting McCain's RNC speech. What kind of loser Americans are these? The conventions are there to hear out the party platforms and help Americans decide on a candidate. It's disgraceful that democrats/liberals must continually protest and interrupt attempts by political parties to get their message out so people can decide themselves.

What a bunch of tools.

Ok you ignorant fucking cunt... you have once again successfully invoked a verbal bitch slapping. It's not enough that you are mentally deficient in the worst way: Denial, it's that you are smug about your denial, as if you can somehow magically undo reality itself if you just deny hard enough. It's like a denial bukkake with you as the recipient, on your knees and begging for more. It's truly fucking disgusting. I don't know what force of nature can turn an otherwise intelligent brain into the denial infested coffin that yours has become, but I pray to gods I don't believe in every fucking day that whatever it is never ever fucking happens to me. I'd fucking kill myself. Your willful rejection of reality is so offensive and so absurd that you should seriously entertain the notion of suicide, lest you have it invade other aspects of your thought process. Next thing you know, you'll be going around pretending the Arizona Cardinals ... um.. you know what? Nevermind. Forget I wrote this post. Don't worry about it. It's not true. It doesn't even exist if you don't want it to.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Xyun wrote:
Winnow wrote:There's not a peep of this over on Digg. Liberal controlled media! It's a wonder there's any Republicans in office at all.

What a bunch of tools.

Ok you ignorant fucking cunt... you have once again successfully invoked a verbal bitch slapping. It's not enough that you are mentally deficient in the worst way: Denial, it's that you are smug about your denial, as if you can somehow magically undo reality itself if you just deny hard enough. It's like a denial bukkake with you as the recipient, on your knees and begging for more. It's truly fucking disgusting. I don't know what force of nature can turn an otherwise intelligent brain into the denial infested coffin that yours has become, but I pray to gods I don't believe in every fucking day that whatever it is never ever fucking happens to me. I'd fucking kill myself. Your willful rejection of reality is so offensive and so absurd that you should seriously entertain the notion of suicide, lest you have it invade other aspects of your thought process. Next thing you know, you'll be going around pretending the Arizona Cardinals ... um.. you know what? Nevermind. Forget I wrote this post. Don't worry about it. It's not true. It doesn't even exist if you don't want it to.
Once again you've taken a relatively tame post and gone completely batshit insane.. all while not saying a god damn word.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Fash wrote:
Xyun wrote:

What a bunch of tools.

Once again you've taken a relatively tame post and gone completely batshit insane.. all while not saying a god damn word.
No I didn't say a meaningful word. Why should a foreigner who came to this country in no uncertain terms as a genuine lover of freedom and democracy, and who fought tooth and nail for the very privilege of merely residing here, have to fucking remind a self proclaimed American that this country was founded by protest for protesters? Why should I have to repeatedly defend the fucking constitution of this country not against enemies but against fellow Americans? THAT is what is truly fucking disgraceful and shameful, that a man, an American who fucking knows better insults those who are practicing the very rights explicitly granted them by America's highest law as unAmerican. That he takes for granted all the blood that has been given not just for them to have that right, but for him to have the right to ridicule, which is the epitome of his existence on this forum. He continuously acts as if there were no costs and there are no consequences for his words and this is all a stupid fucking game in some fantasy land. Why should I even attempt to say something thoughtful and meaningful to someone who out of apathy mocks those very concepts? I'm not stupid enough to believe that any amount of intellectual persuasive and honest discourse from me will impact Winnow's willful ignorance. In fact, I'm convinced it will have quite the opposite effect, that it will make him more apathetic, more nonchalant, and more cynical. It is much more efficient and entertaining for me to simply call it out for what it exactly is: the utter betrayal of honesty and intelligence for superficial drama. This isn't fucking EQ, this is real life where people are suffering and our grip on our freedom is slowly eroding at the hands of the very apathy that Winnow constantly expounds. He cares more about the sideshow than the arena. If he is going to continue to pose that he doesn't understand the seriousness of these issues and these times, he should be fucking prepared to be treated as the ignorant delusional cunt that he is or pretends to be.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

hahahaha tl;dr
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm not sure which part got you all fired up Xyun but I don't see interrupting McCain's RNC speech as something productive to the nation as a whole. People are free to demonstrate all day long if they wish. Demonstrate outside. March on Washington. Do whatever but that doesn't mean they should purposely sabotage a political party's convention. You people have plenty of opportunities to make asses of yourselves. Make movies (Michael Moore will help), have massive 10 million man marches, gather all the Hollywood studs you can to spread the word about "Change" but let the fucking opposition have their say in the few forums that both parties may be heard...DNC/RNC and Debates.

These liberal/radicals are nothing more than attention whores. (yeah yeah, pot kettle, blah blah) You have it wrong Xyun. This board isn't reality. The DNC and RNC are reality. I'd rather see people dramatizing events on this board than watch liberal clowns vying for attention and a few minutes of camera time while one of only two candidates for the presidency has a rare opportunity to address the nation.

Leave the lame signs and screaming tirades outside these conventions. I suppose you think heckling is a God given right for Americans, and it is. That doesn't mean it's right in all situations. The Democrats are receiving equal time to present their party's view without these god damn assholes interrupting them. Are you looking to push the right far enough so that they'll start doing stupid shit at Obama speeches? With all the crazy gun toting people on the other side, I'd think the outcome would be more severe than someone holding a sign or some stupid bitch in a pink dress wailing on about whatever the fuck she has issues with. Call off your sandal warriors. So far, "Nutjob" applies more to the left wing in this election.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Winnow wrote: You have it wrong Xyun. This board isn't reality. The DNC and RNC are reality.
PROTESTERS AT THE RNC IS REALITY FOOL.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xyun wrote:
Winnow wrote: You have it wrong Xyun. This board isn't reality. The DNC and RNC are reality.
Yes, the idiot protesters inside the RNC were a reality unfortunately, which could very well escalate the hatred some of the far left and right feel for each other, causing worse things to happen. If the left wing whackos don't cut it out, the secret service is going to have to keep both candidates in bulletproof fish tanks.

All of these crazy bastards thinking they're pumping Obama by flooding the net with trash stories about the Republican candidates are having the opposite effect. The poles show it.

You're helping to fuck things up for your candidate. Yes you, Xyun. Instead of pushing positive Obama stories, you're contributing to the trash on the net with your blog. Look at the crap on your site. It's pathetic. You have a few articles about your candidate mixed in but most of it is tabloid trash about the republicans. Clean up your act. You're killing your own candidate's chances. I'd like to see the Democrats compete this election instead of implode again.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Winnow wrote:
Xyun wrote:
Yes, the idiot protesters inside the RNC were a reality unfortunately, which could very well escalate the hatred some of the far left and right feel for each other, causing worse things to happen. If the left wing whackos don't cut it out, the secret service is going to have to keep both candidates in bulletproof fish tanks.

All of these crazy bastards thinking they're pumping Obama by flooding the net with trash stories about the Republican candidates are having the opposite effect. The poles show it.

You're helping to fuck things up for your candidate. Yes you, Xyun. Instead of pushing positive Obama stories, you're contributing to the trash on the net with your blog. Look at the crap on your site. It's pathetic. You have a few articles about your candidate mixed in but most of it is tabloid trash about the republicans. Clean up your act. You're killing your own candidate's chances. I'd like to see the Democrats compete this election instead of implode again.
To quote Ronald Reagan, "There you go again!" That is a basic denial of reality. It has been proven over and over again that negative campaigning works. In fact, campaigns use focus groups to determine the proper impact of certain ads or speeches. This is no fucking secret. The difference is the losing side is always the one crying about how unfair it is, just like you are doing now. There's blood in the water when Winnow wants people to be cordial, and I smell victory. As for my blog, I take great pride in my anger, and I am very fucking angry. The more you hate it, the more it is what I want it to be: a negative campaign against everything you stand for.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Don't feed the troll Xyun. It's like Winnow's just summoning the ghost of Midnyte into every one of his posts at this point. A waste of time to read (and not even funny, that's whats so ridiculous, since you can plainly see that he thinks he is hilarious).
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I've taken to just scrolling past Winnow posts in current events.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xyun wrote:It has been proven over and over again that negative campaigning works. In fact, campaigns use focus groups to determine the proper impact of certain ads or speeches. This is no fucking secret. The difference is the losing side is always the one crying about how unfair it is, just like you are doing now.
The reality is that McCain is pulling ahead.

Here's some reality for you:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080909/pl_ ... women_dc_2
Poll shows big shift to McCain among white women

Republican presidential candidate John McCain has gained huge support among white women since naming Sarah Palin as his running mate and now leads Democrat Barack Obama among those voters, according to a survey published on Tuesday.

The Washington Post/ABC News poll found that much of McCain's surge in the polls since the Republican National Convention is attributable to the shift in support among white women.

The race for the White House is now a virtual tie, with Obama at 47 percent support of registered voters and McCain at 46 percent, the poll found.

Before the Democratic National Convention in late August, Obama held an 8 percentage point lead among white women voters, 50 percent to 42 percent, but after the Republican convention in early September, McCain was ahead by 12 points among white women, 53 percent to 41 percent, the poll found.

Asked about the findings during a briefing on Monday before the poll was published, Obama campaign manager David Plouffe told a Washington Post reporter, "Well, your poll is wrong."

"I don't think you'll find many others that back up a 20-point reversal," Plouffe said during the briefing at Obama's campaign headquarters in Chicago. "We certainly are not seeing any movement like that. Polls, time to time, particularly on the demographic stuff, can have some pretty wild swings."

McCain surprised the electorate ahead of the Republican convention by naming Palin, the little-known Alaska governor, as his vice presidential running mate. She received high marks among supporters for her convention address, which included a scathing attack ridiculing Obama's experience and record.

Obama, who would be the first black U.S. president, defeated rival Hillary Clinton in the battle for the Democratic nomination, a long and bitter struggle that left many of the former first lady's supporters disaffected and angry.

Many of her backers were further angered when Obama ignored her in picking a vice president, choosing instead long-time Delaware Sen. Joe Biden. A key question for the Obama campaign has been whether he would be able to maintain the support of Clinton's supporters.
I'm telling you how to beat McCain and you're not listening.

You can't beat the Republican candidate by bashing the ticket. All that does is make their voting base defensive. The more you bash, the more likely they are going to vote for their own candidate. The only way to win this election is to focus on Obama's positives. Quit the whining campaign. Quit acting like a fucking newbie on the net by spamming what amounts to a flamewar against McCain and get back to pointing out why Obama would be a better president.

Still keeping an eye on the hispanic vote which is all that's left to save Obama.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Xyun wrote:
Winnow wrote:
Xyun wrote:

To quote Ronald Reagan, "There you go again!" That is a basic denial of reality. It has been proven over and over again that negative campaigning works. In fact, campaigns use focus groups to determine the proper impact of certain ads or speeches. This is no fucking secret. The difference is the losing side is always the one crying about how unfair it is, just like you are doing now. There's blood in the water when Winnow wants people to be cordial, and I smell victory. As for my blog, I take great pride in my anger, and I am very fucking angry. The more you hate it, the more it is what I want it to be: a negative campaign against everything you stand for.
I cannot wait to tell you I told you so when Obama sticks his tail between his vagina lips and goes home this November. I'm looking forward to it more than anything I can think of in the near future.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:I've taken to just scrolling past Winnow posts in current events.
Yeah for the most part I've taken to doing that for you, nick, xyun, sylvus, xatrei, cadalano, siji, aslanna - amongst others. Mostly because you're all fucking morons, but partially because I've never agreed with a single thing you've said relating to politcs, and you're all fucking assholes about it instead of debating.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

mother of god. you are such a whiny little pussy.

also, you aren't kidding anyone (as always). you read every single post made by those handsome bastards.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

cadalano wrote:mother of god. you are such a whiny little pussy.

also, you aren't kidding anyone (as always). you read every single post made by those handsome bastards.
And you are a shallow moron.

If you honestly think I've been wasting my time reading all the posts by those people, you're dumber than I give you credit for.. Which wouldn't surprise me since you slide down lower on that scale every time you post.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

And there you go replying to one of the people on your list. :lol:

Do you ever not lie? Or is it just that you believe your own hyperbole?

Go Blue!
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

i'm a shallow moron? i'm dumb? easy there slugger!! you have to save some of those hard-hitting retorts for your dutiful, clockwork responses to posts made by those people that you claim to ignore.

fuckin limpdick
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sylvus wrote:And there you go replying to one of the people on your list. :lol:

Do you ever not lie? Or is it just that you believe your own hyperbole?
If you were to read my post, you would see that I said "for the most part", implying I don't ignore every one of your posts, as you see displayed here. Then again, reading comprehension isn't something I would say any of you are particularly good at either.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

funk, do you stick vegetables up your ass for the sexual thrill?

say nothing if the answer is yes