Music/concert reviews and discussion

Moderators: Drolgin Steingrinder, Truant

Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Music that you hate

Post by Fash »

No one can like everything, and we all have different tastes... so, what do you hate?

Please do not attack others for what they dislike, you can comment, or just list your own.

Tom Petty - Other than 2-3 songs that are just OK, I hate his voice and will turn him off instantly. Tom Petty is so emo.

U2 - Yeah, Bono sucks, the whole band sucks, and all but 2-3 of their songs suck. USuck.

Rap music created after 1995 - It was cool back then... It's 100% shit now.

Slow Country - If it's not a fast-paced rock-ish tune, it sucks. Your dog died, get over it.

Emo - see Tom Petty
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Music that you hate

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fash wrote:No one can like everything, and we all have different tastes... so, what do you hate?

Please do not attack others for what they dislike, you can comment, or just list your own.

Tom Petty - Other than 2-3 songs that are just OK, I hate his voice and will turn him off instantly. Tom Petty is so emo.

U2 - Yeah, Bono sucks, the whole band sucks, and all but 2-3 of their songs suck. USuck.

Rap music created after 1995 - It was cool back then... It's 100% shit now.

Slow Country - If it's not a fast-paced rock-ish tune, it sucks. Your dog died, get over it.

Emo - see Tom Petty
I will edit this post for my own full list, but I had to immediately comment on how much I agree about U2 being complete garbage.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Country and rap. I think there are 1 or 2 country congs that I do not hate, but that's about it.

The funny thing about rap, is that it was amoung the first music I ever liked and sought out on my own during my youth. I'm talking Fat Boys, Beastie Boys, Run DMC, and the like. This was during the Golden Age of rap, around '84-88ish, which would've made me 9-13ish. I really loved the stuff. Then came the harder and more controversial stuff, like 2 Live Crew and NWA. Before them it was Public Enemy. I listend to some of this for awhile, but then it kept getting worse and worse. The last Rap album I bought was Ice Cube's "The Predator". That is easily my favortie rap album during this time period. This and Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" were the end of rap for me. I liked the music, but at that age (14-16ish) I was getting heavily into The Beatles, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, and also "harder" modern music like Metallica. The early 90's saw the rise of Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and grunge/alt rock. I was at the perfect place and perfect time to embrace the new wave of music with all the passion a 16 year old could muster. My intrest in rap faded due to all the new music I was getting into. I took about a 5-6 year break from rap in general. I didn't buy any or go out of my way to listen to it. It helped that I lived In Arkansas for about 5 years there because none of it played on any radio stations. I was in a rap free zone.

So, years later I moved back to MI. My musical might had flexed and faded as I got to the point where I thought I'd heard pretty much everything there is to hear. I decided to try and revisit rap. The gangsta rap, sampling, sex-soaked, and just plain unoriginal garbage seemed to be the norm and I've rarely seen anything break outside that mold.

Despite the above, I still like Eminem. I also still enjoy Beastie Boys, even though they have evolved a great deal. I really wish rap artsts would take a que and evolve as well. Jesus, just do something different. Just look at how diversified rock or country music is. Rap is almost all the exact same, especially the radio and MTV stuff. I do like other modern rap acts, like Afro Man. That's some good stuff right there. It's not all serious, and bitch this and gat that. The rap/rock fusion caught my interest for awhile too.

Btw, when Puffy sampled Kashmir in Come With Me, and performed it live on SNL with Jimmy Page playing next to him, I died a little inside. I hate rap.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

I don't like today's rap, if your claim to fame has anything to do with "bitches", crack or drugs in general, gangs or cough syrup no thanks. I'll leave it at that. Funk and early rap\hip hop were good to listen to.

I don't like pop music in general and never have, or modern country, which is just pop music with the occasional python boot thrown in.

U2 sucks.

*Edit - Thanks for the reminder Funk

I really dislike death metal, speed metal, and all the misc sub genres that consist mainly of people screaming unintelligibly and thrashing on a guitar. The costumes are good for anything from a snork to an outright guffaw :)
Last edited by Aabidano on March 13, 2008, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Country and rap. I think there are 1 or 2 country congs that I do not hate, but that's about it.

The funny thing about rap, is that it was amoung the first music I ever liked and sought out on my own during my youth. I'm talking Fat Boys, Beastie Boys, Run DMC, and the like. This was during the Golden Age of rap, around '84-88ish, which would've made me 9-13ish. I really loved the stuff. Then came the harder and more controversial stuff, like 2 Live Crew and NWA. Before them it was Public Enemy. I listend to some of this for awhile, but then it kept getting worse and worse. The last Rap album I bought was Ice Cube's "The Predator". That is easily my favortie rap album during this time period. This and Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" were the end of rap for me. I liked the music, but at that age (14-16ish) I was getting heavily into The Beatles, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, and also "harder" modern music like Metallica. The early 90's saw the rise of Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and grunge/alt rock. I was at the perfect place and perfect time to embrace the new wave of music with all the passion a 16 year old could muster. My intrest in rap faded due to all the new music I was getting into. I took about a 5-6 year break from rap in general. I didn't buy any or go out of my way to listen to it. It helped that I lived In Arkansas for about 5 years there because none of it played on any radio stations. I was in a rap free zone.

So, years later I moved back to MI. My musical might had flexed and faded as I got to the point where I thought I'd heard pretty much everything there is to hear. I decided to try and revisit rap. The gangsta rap, sampling, sex-soaked, and just plain unoriginal garbage seemed to be the norm and I've rarely seen anything break outside that mold.

Despite the above, I still like Eminem. I also still enjoy Beastie Boys, even though they have evolved a great deal. I really wish rap artsts would take a que and evolve as well. Jesus, just do something different. Just look at how diversified rock or country music is. Rap is almost all the exact same, especially the radio and MTV stuff. I do like other modern rap acts, like Afro Man. That's some good stuff right there. It's not all serious, and bitch this and gat that. The rap/rock fusion caught my interest for awhile too.

Btw, when Puffy sampled Kashmir in Come With Me, and performed it live on SNL with Jimmy Page playing next to him, I died a little inside. I hate rap.

I don't think this falls under the "don't attack" request fash made - But I'm curious how you can say rap is all repetitive but you like Eminem? The only reason I ask is because 75% or more of his songs are about hating his mom or killing is ex-wife.

I like most rap, except for the recent "pop" type rap, like Hurricane Chris "ay bay bay" and that stupid "superman" song (don't know who the rapper is). I also hate 50 cent.

I liked when Puffy did the Come With Me song, I also liked the original (Kashmir is one of about 4 led zepplin songs that I like).

I hate anything emo (I like Tom Petty and don't put him in this category!), country, Counting Crows (the lead singers voice makes me want to kill him with my bare hands), techno/house music, most heavy metal where they are just screaming nonsense, the song "Talk Tonight" and the band that made it (I can't remember who, just that that is possibly the worst song ever recorded), pop music in general, most modern R&B, and others that I'll add as I think of them.

DON'T FORGET AMY WINEHOUSE BITCHES
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

Don't care for country and rap pretty much along with j giles band. Looks like I'm the lone fighter on VV for loving U2 :(
Momopi Down warder of PD
Naala Momokitty Raid Assassin of PD Meow Meow
Naala the Breeder in Ted Club
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Momopi wrote:Don't care for country and rap pretty much along with j giles band. Looks like I'm the lone fighter on VV for loving U2 :(
You were my inspiration for starting this thread, when you posted U2 in the Hit Random thread :D
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Xyphir
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Xyphir »

Bob Dylan - I just don't get it. Even after seeing him live, I don't understand why people love him. Maybe after seeing the movie I'll change my mind. He has no talent on the harmonica. Fine, his lyrics are amazing but his voice... ugh.

The Cranberries - That goddamn Zombie song drives me apeshit. Zah-Ahhm-beh Heh-Eh-Ahh Heh-Eh-Ah... SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Just about any band/performer that doesn't play instruments or lip-synchs during performances - Rap, R&B, Boy-"bands", Pop music and their ilk.

And since this has also become a referendum on Tom Petty & U2, I like both. :D
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Funkmasterr wrote:But I'm curious how you can say rap is all repetitive but you like Eminem? The only reason I ask is because 75% or more of his songs are about hating his mom or killing is ex-wife.
Eminem has a schtick. When he raps, he talks a lot about his life. His loves, his hates, his kid, ect. That is what Eminem brought to the table. He is troubled. He is hated. His lyrics and life often blend and I like that. He wouldn't be as enjoyable if he wasn't so messed up. Him rapping about his soul searching and social issues, many of which he is the catalyst of, brings a personal element to his songs that others just haven't touched on or been able to mimic. He also uses sarcasam and juvenile lyrics, which harken back to my experiance with rap. The fact that he has infectious music and rythem is just a bonus.

Good question though. I've often thought about why I like Eminem as oppossed to thers as well. It's not a white issue, like many would assume on the surface. It really is his whole open attitude about his personal troubles that I connect with.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I don't love U2. But I don't think they suck either. They have a lot of good songs regardless if you like Bono (and the rest of the band) or not.

Rap & hip-hop I could do without. I don't like it at all. And modern Country is all just twangy pop. I'm not even sure why they call it Country anymore.

Bob Dylan.. Yeah.. I don't get that either.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

1. All 80's style hair metal - no exceptions.
1. Country music. I make exceptions for a few old-country artists like Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline and Hank Williams (Sr., not his drunken half-wit son).
2. Most R&B or Soul.
3. Hip-Hop, Rap and Rap Metal. There are some exceptions for rap, but there is no rap metal that I can tolerate.
4. Not a big fan of pop music, particularly boy bands and the like.

I love U2 before 1988 or so, after that bleh (again, with some exceptions). I am a big Dylan fan and I really like Tom Petty also, but to each his own.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:But I'm curious how you can say rap is all repetitive but you like Eminem? The only reason I ask is because 75% or more of his songs are about hating his mom or killing is ex-wife.
Eminem has a schtick. When he raps, he talks a lot about his life. His loves, his hates, his kid, ect. That is what Eminem brought to the table. He is troubled. He is hated. His lyrics and life often blend and I like that. He wouldn't be as enjoyable if he wasn't so messed up. Him rapping about his soul searching and social issues, many of which he is the catalyst of, brings a personal element to his songs that others just haven't touched on or been able to mimic. He also uses sarcasam and juvenile lyrics, which harken back to my experiance with rap. The fact that he has infectious music and rythem is just a bonus.

Good question though. I've often thought about why I like Eminem as oppossed to thers as well. It's not a white issue, like many would assume on the surface. It really is his whole open attitude about his personal troubles that I connect with.
And that was kind of indirectly my point. A lot of rap is still like that, but it's a different lifestyle that you don't relate to (not as much black or white as just different lifesytles), which is totally fine. I'm just trying to point out that just because there is some total garbage rap like I pointed out above, and because that crap is what is all over the radio, doesn't mean the other stuff doesn't still exist :)

Oh yeah, damn near every song from the 80's fucking sucks too, as do most of the movies.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I can't stand slow, depressing country music. I can't stand Barry Manilow type music. Michael Bolton, Celine Dion, and John Denver would fit in this category, among others. There can be some exceptions, depending on the singer and/or the song and style of music. I can't stand 80's metal with the high pitched singing. Bands that yell and scream all the lyrics (Rage Against the Machine would be an exception). Demanding rap that's always telling me to do some kind of stupid dance. Opera music.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

I dislike Tom Petty and U2, though they both have a couple songs that I don't mind.

I fucking hate Jimmy Buffett.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

For the most part, I hate mainstream "rock" post-circa-1996'ish: Tool, Korn, Live, Limp Biskit, Creed, RATM (Evil Empire and beyond), etc and if I hear another Eddie Vedder wannabe, I swear to god, I'm going BSI. There are some exceptions, like with everything but I avoid rock radio stations like the plague.

Hit me with all you've got all you Tool-fans - me being rubber and you glue and stuff...

:vv_win:
Laneela
You may take our lives, but you will never take our trousers!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

U2 have more good songs in their own albums than every rapper ever combined (easily). Rap music is fucking retarded - and for retards.

I dislike shitty "screamo" nonsense, overly manly metal (trying too hard fellas), most funk (yawwwwwn as fuck), most popular chart music (don't get me started) and anything else that is shit (I'll fill this in later).
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

I am a proud U2 fan... I like that they change and challenge their audience. It does not always work, but when it does it soars with the best music out there.

I hate country, I can stand pretty much anything else.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I can't say that I hate any music. There are a few "artists" I don't like, but that doesn't mean that I will just hit skip or change the channel if i hear a song of theirs. The only one that I generally WILL skip over is 50 Cent, and that is because his lyrical flow makes me want to shoot him nine more times.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:I can't say that I hate any music. There are a few "artists" I don't like, but that doesn't mean that I will just hit skip or change the channel if i hear a song of theirs. The only one that I generally WILL skip over is 50 Cent, and that is because his lyrical flow makes me want to shoot him nine more times.
:lol:

I just wish the guy who started the job would have finished it, tbh.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Count me as another that thinks U2 is overrated. They're not horrible but as someone said, their first couple albums were the best but even so, I'm not going to add them to my MP3 collection.

Dislike country (with exceptions)
Dislike rap (with exceptions) (R&B as well)

I like one Bob Dylan song, Shelter from the Storm, that I first heard mentioned here by kyoukan surprisingly. (Lay lady Lay isn't too bad either)

HATE religious music of any kind, (gospel etc.)
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Have you heard of Skillet? They actually rock!
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:HATE religious music of any kind
wtf Stryper! The Yellow and Black Attack is coming for you!

--
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Winnow wrote:I like one Bob Dylan song, Shelter from the Storm, that I first heard mentioned here by kyoukan surprisingly.
The album that this was released on, Blood on the Tracks, is pure awesome. It even got a shout out from Duchovny in Californication.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

In the 80's all the local amusement parks had special concert nights. Some were awesome. I saw Boingo, Fishbone, Untouchables, Sparks, Jason and the Scorchers, etc... up close for the price of admission to the park. I also went with my friend to Knott's one night on Salvation Army Night. I did not know they were an actual religious Church until then. Stryper were there, so I was exposed to my one and only Stryper concert that night. I also now have a tremendous fear of black and yellow striped spandex.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

Tyek wrote:
In the 80's all the local amusement parks had special concert nights. Some were awesome. I saw Boingo, Fishbone, Untouchables, Sparks, Jason and the Scorchers, etc... up close for the price of admission to the park. I also went with my friend to Knott's one night on Salvation Army Night. I did not know they were an actual religious Church until then. Stryper were there, so I was exposed to my one and only Stryper concert that night. I also now have a tremendous fear of black and yellow striped spandex.
Oingo Boingo is easily the best live band I have ever seen. Ya now that I think about it the jimmy buffet song and the brown eyed girl song make me want to heave since I have only heard them eleventybillion times.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

I can't really say that there's music I *hate*. I have intense dislike for a few genres, but that's mostly because it's hardly even music - the Kenny G's of this world, whether it's pop or country or metal.

I like U2, I think Tom Petty has written some good songs.

I have a hard time "understanding" most (never) rap. I find the machismo bullshit boring and inane, and any validity the genre had as rebellious music has been pretty much watered completely down by 5-10 years of bullshit posturing.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Kanye West. Die plzthx. If there's a bigger whiny pussy assed bitch in the industry, I've never heard of them. Fuck you. Completely and totally, fuck you.

U2. Everything after Joshua Tree sucks. Go save a rain forest.

REM. Everything of theirs sucks. Shiny happy people suck too.

Amy Winehouse. See above. Go brush your remaining teeth.

Rap in general with a few (what would be called commercial) exceptions. Eminem, Ludacris, Busta Rhymes.. Now that Eminem's rich and comfy he doesn't have as much to bitch about. Hear he's working on a new album so I guess we'll see. He's extremely intelligent which is what made him great. Puff.. P.Did.. Did.. Sean Combs what-the-fuck-ever-Prince-wannabe.. you didn't suck when?
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

u2
jimmy buffett
noise metal
overly whiney solo acoustic guitar players/singers
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Hate probably is too strong a word for something so easily avoidable. Except for rap, when there's always some clown at the traffic light with his PoS stereo playing it far too loudly.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
rhyae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by rhyae »

Absolutely despise Rod Stewart.
No redeeming qualities whatsoever imo.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Siji wrote:Kanye West. Die plzthx. If there's a bigger whiny pussy assed bitch in the industry, I've never heard of them. Fuck you. Completely and totally, fuck you.

U2. Everything after Joshua Tree sucks. Go save a rain forest.

REM. Everything of theirs sucks. Shiny happy people suck too.

Amy Winehouse. See above. Go brush your remaining teeth.

Rap in general with a few (what would be called commercial) exceptions. Eminem, Ludacris, Busta Rhymes.. Now that Eminem's rich and comfy he doesn't have as much to bitch about. Hear he's working on a new album so I guess we'll see. He's extremely intelligent which is what made him great. Puff.. P.Did.. Did.. Sean Combs what-the-fuck-ever-Prince-wannabe.. you didn't suck when?
Couldn't agree more, and :lol: :lol:
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Seems some people are confusing the titles "Music that you hate" with "Musicians that you hate".

And not sure how anyone could hate REM!

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Aslanna wrote:Seems some people are confusing the titles "Music that you hate" with "Musicians that you hate".

there has been no confusion.

Some people don't dislike an entire genre of music, but only the "style" of a select few within it.

and I don't hate REM!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:Seems some people are confusing the titles "Music that you hate" with "Musicians that you hate".

It all fits. If I listed a musician I hate I assure you I also hate their music (kanye west's first cd being the exception to that rule, sorry, I lied.)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Boogahz wrote:
Sure there has. Read some of the responses!

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Aslanna wrote:
Boogahz wrote:
Sure there has. Read some of the responses!
Read the first post. Maybe you were the one who was confused.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Well I made the thread, and in the first post listed both musical genres and musicians, so everything is fair game.

game on!
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Boogahz wrote:Read the first post. Maybe you were the one who was confused.
Hey now. Don't try and confuse the issue by spouting facts. Your clever ruse will not work with me sir!

--
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

I like U2, though they have fallen off a lot. I think many of you confuse your hatred for Bono with the music. I mean the Joshua Tree and War are just fantastic albums. Achtung Baby is not bad either.

As far as hate, not too many but I would say I surely hate:

Fall out boy
The Killers
String Cheese Incident
Queens of the stone age
Chamillionaire (pure hate on this one caused by reading Stupid McDupids posts)
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Gzette wrote:Chamillionaire (pure hate on this one caused by reading Stupid McDupids posts)
lol, I actually refused to buy his last album because of those posts too. My sister convinced me to grab Ultimate Victory, and I actually liked it. I did not realize how "clean" it was until the third or fourth listen, and that actually impressed me too.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:
Gzette wrote:Chamillionaire (pure hate on this one caused by reading Stupid McDupids posts)
lol, I actually refused to buy his last album because of those posts too. My sister convinced me to grab Ultimate Victory, and I actually liked it. I did not realize how "clean" it was until the third or fourth listen, and that actually impressed me too.
I downloaded it a long time ago, but haven't listened to it yet. I bought (third cd I've paid for in the past few years) the Snoop cd today and I give it a A+ so far.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Sylvus wrote:I fucking hate Jimmy Buffett.
I'll see your Jimmy Buffett and raise you The Eagles. I fucking hate the Eagles.

That new pop rap that is big right now, I can't fucking stand (anything with T-Pain in it). 97 percent of country is complete shit to me. Also I really can't stand that new alternative stuff, you know, Nickleback and the like.
Fuck Michigan!
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

Barbara Streisand and Celine Dion. Michael Bolton. Fergie. Vast majority of (c)rap and country. Nickelback, Saliva, Puddle of Mudd, and their ilk. Sugar Ray. Most of the newer emo stuff. Yodeling. I realize the talent, but I really can't dig Dream Theater, Dragonforce, etc - just not my kind of groove and the vocals grate. Whitney Houston (that Dolly Parton cover drives me up the fucking wall). And I fucking hate Fred Durst and his shitty band & pretty much most "Nu Metal". Most of the pop artists from the 80's that got regular rotation on Mtv at one point or another like REO Speedwagon, Roxette, Belinda Carlisle, Rick Astley, insert any boy band here...

I hate all of the covers being made lately of 80's stuff, just please leave it alone already. Do we really need an updated crappier version of an already crappy "I Wanna Know What Love Is"? Do we really need some lame watered down version of Peter Gabriel's amazing "In Your Eyes"? And why did Sheryl Crow have to butcher "Sweet Child O Mine"?
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

I can't fucking stand (anything with T-Pain in it)
I like anything with T-Pain in it.

Given the chance, I would stone any member of nickelback.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Zamtuk wrote:
Sylvus wrote:I fucking hate Jimmy Buffett.
I'll see your Jimmy Buffett and raise you The Eagles. I fucking hate the Eagles.

That new pop rap that is big right now, I can't fucking stand (anything with T-Pain in it). 97 percent of country is complete shit to me. Also I really can't stand that new alternative stuff, you know, Nickleback and the like.
Amen dude, I'm embarrassed that worthless douchebag is from the same state as me. I HATE, HATE HATE HATE T Pain, he annoys me, his music sucks, and I can't say I'm even convinced the guy has a decent singing voice anyhow since he always hides behind a fucking synthesizer.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I thought Nickleback was pop/rock.
There's nothing alternative about the crap they play.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

miir wrote:I thought Nickleback was pop/rock.
I think that the term alternative became so misused and diluted in the 90's that it's now pretty much meaningless as a term to describe a particular kind of music.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Xatrei wrote:
miir wrote:I thought Nickleback was pop/rock.
I think that the term alternative became so misused and diluted in the 90's that it's now pretty much meaningless as a term to describe a particular kind of music.
I agree, nickleback is fucking trash. Nirvana was alternative, just for example, and 99% of the rock bands of today couldn't hold a fucking match to them on their best day. Pop culture is taking a massive steaming stinky shit on the standards we have all held for music for so long, and it pisses me off.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Funkmasterr wrote:Pop culture is taking a massive steaming stinky shit on the standards we have all held for music for so long, and it pisses me off.
Every generation makes this claim. It's no closer being true now than when my mother claimed the same thing about alternative rock in the early 90's, or my grandmother decrying pretty much everything from the 70's, or my great grandmother thinking Elvis was an untalented hack who was corrupting the youth.

Music today is absolutely no different than it has been through the ages. You either evolve with it, or listen to a radio station from the generation you cared about that dosen't play the new stuff you hate.

I love music. I don't keep comparing it all the time though. I just listen.
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

Gzette wrote:I like U2, though they have fallen off a lot. I think many of you confuse your hatred for Bono with the music. I mean the Joshua Tree and War are just fantastic albums. Achtung Baby is not bad either.
I agree that most people who don't care for U2 is mainly due to the fact they are tired of Bono and his world crusading. But like any music, its all subjective with no right or wrong answers. All that aside, people cant really argue the fact they aren't at least a quality band.
Momopi Down warder of PD