who here plays earth and beyond

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

who here plays earth and beyond

Post by kyoukan »

I know some of you do. Post here.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

i beta'd it...that was it.
JloveFizzboom
No Stars!

Post by JloveFizzboom »

I played it up until a few weeks ago -- it was my 2 month break from eq.

I played a Sentinel to 51, got bored prospecting and heard that Progen Warriors got 4 weapons mounts at lvl 50, so I played one of those up to 65

Fighting was fun. The quests were fun, fun after lvl 35 (when I finally finished the lvl 30 quest) - there was not really any content. Just fighting or the same "drive there, pick up something, drive there, drop it off" routine. The only way to get xp in the other two areas that was even viable. Spend one night having fun fighting, and the next two or three nights playing taxi cab to build up the other two xp areas = boring.

Cancelled my account.
Jlove Fizzboom
Keepers of the Elements
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

Yeah, I played a Progen Warrior. Quit it a few weeks ago, boring at higher levels. I was 89 when I left.
emmer
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by emmer »

I never had an account myself but 2 nights ago one of my friends gets a call on his cell... and it's the E&B virtual chick begging him to reactivate his subscription in exchange free levels and credits...

so I'd guess they probably aren't doing too well.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I'm sort of at that spot too. I bought the game from EA.com for $15 with a free month so it was a pretty good deal. I have a level 90 something trader on Andromeda, and I'm looking at having to spend probably about another 200-300 hours humping job terminals to level up my trade and explore levels two jobs at a time, and at the moment the prospect of me doing that is about zero. Plus I need another 18 levels of combat experience and basically the only way a trader gets any experience is leeching combat XP off of higher level players that have actual weapon hardpoints and combat skills.

It annoys me that explorers make better traders than traders do. It annoys me that explorers can do jobs litereally about 2000% more efficiently than any other class. It especially annoys me that explorers also fucking suck so hard in every other area that I don't really want to start over and play one.

Trade skills are stupid because of the way you progress levels. I won't be able to make usable equipment for myself or my friends until my levels are basically maxed out, so every piece of equipment I've ever installed on my ship has been made by a higher level trader. So basically the only market I can sell to is newbies that don't have enough money to make it profitable enough to be worth my while over doing trade runs, especially because there are so many high level tradeskillers that even level 10 noobs are demanding 200% quality items and getting them.

The only other thing my class does is heal shields. Yay I'm a fucking cleric again. A SPACE CLERIC SLKFJSFKLSJF

I'm going to stick it out probably until the next patch to see what they add. So far westwood has been pretty good with adding content every patch, but nothing really compelling enough for me to want to stay.
Denadeb
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Denadeb »

I played Beta for awhile and that was enough for me. The game was decent just got boring at higher lvls.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

a bunch of us played in beta on galileo, i had a 60 enforcer.
it was quite addictive and i enjoyed it but i heared higher up it lacked content. i miss kill stealing entire groups of gay explorers with 1 missle salvo :(
Lor
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lor »

I still have an account but haven't been on since before Xmas....too much home repair going on, I'm playing a Jenquai Defender... it is kinda boring at times but I still like it
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I played in Beta and a while in retail. Got to 75 Sentinel in Beta and something like 85 Warrior in Founders Federation/Retail.

Lack of Content/Mind numbing high level advancement in Trade/Exploration makes this one teh suck for now.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

You might be interested in this if you found E&B to be lacking: EVE. Public beta should be starting soon, I've been itching to get into it for almost a year.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy