WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit - Dead

What do you think about the world?
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: WWE Wrestler Chris Benoit - Dead

Post by Niffoni »

In perhaps the oddest development, and most twisted... The son was found with needle marks. Older ones. A lot of people saying now that his parents may have been giving him human growth hormones out of concern that he was "too small". As both parents were in the wrestling industry, HGH would probably seem like a reasonable treatment if, you know, they were nuts enough.

It should be noted that Benoit spent most of his professional life being told he'd never amount to anything because he was "too small".

EDIT: Son may have had "Fragile X" Syndrome (link), which may account for the injection marks.
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

More and more, this is sounding like a set up. Seems like an outside group killed them all. Made him make those calls. Sent those text messages. I don't know. Maybe it's just too hard to conceive this.
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:More and more, this is sounding like a set up. Seems like an outside group killed them all. Made him make those calls. Sent those text messages. I don't know. Maybe it's just too hard to conceive this.
Everybody lies.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Even Too-Much-Torso-Man lies.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Benoit famly home video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9swapyH_uc

"why didn't you tap out?"
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:More and more, this is sounding like a set up. Seems like an outside group killed them all. Made him make those calls. Sent those text messages. I don't know. Maybe it's just too hard to conceive this.
I bet OJ did it. :D
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I never knew there were so many wrasslin' fans. You people scare me!
en kærlighed småkager
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Canelek wrote:I never knew there were so many wrasslin' fans. You people scare me!
It's s soap opera for men. I enjoy it at times.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

More like a soap opera for Neanderthals.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Who am I to judge--enjoy! I live on the west coast, so don't connect with wrestling and nascar so much. I do like bass fishing though (not the TV kind, just the real kind). :)

As far as the meatball. Damn shame about that whole scenario. Whatever really happened or if it happened as assumed...tragic. =/
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Keverian FireCry wrote:More like a soap opera for Neanderthals.
Aww, don't be glum, chum! You are Vegan, so everyone offends you. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

I like wrestling too. Although the storylines as of late have been pretty weak. John Cena has lost all of his original character. Benoit, was benoit. When Eddie died that was a great loss, he was a really good character. They got some new faces around that look like good personalities. MVP, CM Punk, Mr. Kennedy, Johnny Nitro. They got some characters that need some work, but could potentially be great like Chris Masters, Jimmy Yang Wang, Matt Striker.

Theres still a lot of characters that I would like to see gone. Edge is trying but he just doesnt work that well ever since they lost Christian. (one of the best characters wwe's had in a while, and they just let him go) Umaga is boring unless hes fueding with a big name.Taker needs to just retire. Maybe he could have one more run at wrestlemania and retire with a 15-0 streak. I think Shawn Micheals still has a couple of years in him. As long as he stays out of that stupid dx angle. Randy Orton could really use a good fued, I think he could be the next tripple H if he works on it. Maybe they will fued again when HHH's leg has recovered.

Yes everyone knows its fake /yawn
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

Somehow I don't see "Jimmy Yang Wang" becoming a superstar...
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

Someone posted to Wikipedia that Chris Benoit missed his wrestling event due to the death of his wife Nancy....they posted this 13 hours before the police found their bodies - and the computer is traced back to Connecticut where WWE headquarters is located

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287194,00.html

The plot thickens
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

somehow I doubt anyone involved in a murder conspiracy is going to be posting about it on wikipedia.

I thought this was interesting though:
In related news, FOXNews.com also has learned, through widely posted Web reports, that former pro wrestler Sherri Martel, who was found dead on June 15, was linked to former wrestler Kevin Sullivan — ex-husband of Nancy Benoit.
Of course, what is "linked?" Edit: OK "Linking the deaths of the Benoits with Martel is former pro wrestler Kevin Sullivan, a man once married to Nancy Benoit and who also was Martel's friend and booker."
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Maybe some of those unreleased text messages had something to do with the wiki entry.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Aww, don't be glum, chum! You are Vegan, so everyone offends you.
This is no longer the case! I cannot deny the glory of cheese...and fish and chicken and cows and pigs and dogs and vermin and anything that moves as long as it is tasty.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Keverian FireCry wrote:
Aww, don't be glum, chum! You are Vegan, so everyone offends you.
This is no longer the case! I cannot deny the glory of cheese...and fish and chicken and cows and pigs and dogs and vermin and anything that moves as long as it is tasty.

Woohoo! :D Welcome home, sir! :D
en kærlighed småkager
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Lalanae wrote:Edit: OK "Linking the deaths of the Benoits with Martel is former pro wrestler Kevin Sullivan, a man once married to Nancy Benoit and who also was Martel's friend and booker."
...who appeared briefly in the movie Footloose, starring Kevin Bacon!
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

I'm hearing now that Benoit's old tag team partner, when he was an amateur, was found dead today.
Waran
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Waran

Post by Waran »

http://www.cbs46.com/news/13594206/detail.html

Wiki user admits changing link based on "rumors"
A user of the Web site Wikipedia confessed Friday to making edits to pro wrestler Chris Benoit's profile mentioning the death of Benoit's wife before authorities had found her body.

The anonymous user acknowledged in a lengthy post added to the Web site early Friday being "deeply sorry" and called the situation a "terrible coincidence."

The edits were originally reported by Wikinews, an online news source connected to Wikipedia. Friday's post was added to a discussion page for the Wikinews story. Wikinews said the IP address of the individual is identical to that of the user who edited Benoit's profile early Monday to include that Benoit's wife was dead.

The poster did not identify himself or herself.

The individual acknowledged being from Stamford, Conn., the home of World Wrestling Entertainment. In the message, the individual claimed no connection to WWE.

A spokeswoman for Wikimedia Foundation, Sandra Ordonez, said Friday the IP address connected to the individual has a history of editing wrestling-related articles on Wikipedia.

Ordonez referred all additional questions to authorities investigating the deaths.

Authorities said investigators had not yet discovered the bodies of Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son when someone altered Benoit's Wikipedia entry to mention his wife's death.
From Wikinews.org
"Last weekend, I had heard about Chris Benoit no showing Vengeance (WWE Pay Per View) because of a family emergency, and I had heard rumors about why that was. I was reading rumors and speculation about this matter online, and one of them included that his wife may have passed away, and I did the wrong thing by posting it on Wikipedia to spite [sic] there being no evidence."
Last edited by Waran on June 29, 2007, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Lynks wrote:I'm hearing now that Benoit's old tag team partner, when he was an amateur, was found dead today.
If thats true, then this keeps getting stranger and stranger. Maybe its the new underground wrestling mafia.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Lalanae wrote:Edit: OK "Linking the deaths of the Benoits with Martel is former pro wrestler Kevin Sullivan, a man once married to Nancy Benoit and who also was Martel's friend and booker."
Am I a bad person for laughing profusely at this?
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Dregor Thule wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:
no, but I'm sure there are other reasons you might be a bad person. that's for GOD to decide.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Lalanae wrote:
Dregor Thule wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:
no, but I'm sure there are other reasons you might be a bad person. that's for GOD to decide.
I'll vouch for you on judgement day...I think you're a pretty swell guy.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Thanks Tru, that's appreciated, but I think I'll be ok. I've got photos of Yahweh "creating life" with a chimpanzee dressed in a wedding gown.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

I can't believe you faggots are discussing this meaningless shit when this week, alone, SCOTUS thumbs upped the reinstatement of segragation and Darth Cheney declared himself independant of the three main branches of government....
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

If there's not a VV thread about it, it didn't happen.
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Jice Virago wrote:I can't believe you faggots are discussing this meaningless shit when this week, alone, SCOTUS thumbs upped the reinstatement of segragation and Darth Cheney declared himself independant of the three main branches of government....

I think Cheney is just positioning himself to join the Judicial Branch and go for a total victory by holding dominance over all three branches of the US government.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Concussions to blame rather than roid-rage?

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14047066/detail.html
NEW YORK -- A new study suggests that a series of concussions may have caused the rage that led wrestler Chris Benoit to murder his wife, his son and commit suicide.

Benoit's father, Michael Benoit, turned over part of the wrestler's brain to researchers at West Virginia University and the Sports Legacy Institute.

"I was grasping for anything. The world was very black. We didn't even know how to deal with this," said Michael Benoit.

Dr. Julian Bailes, head of neurosurgery at WVU, said the results of tests on Chris Benoit's brain were striking.

Showing a slide of Benoit's brain tissue Wednesday morning on ABC's Good Morning America Bailes pointed out what he called abnormalities.

"These are dead brain cells," said Bailes.

When asked how much of that he found Bailes replied, "It was extensive, throughout Chris's brain. It was striking and maybe shocking in the extent."

The researcher said Benoit's brain scan looked similar to those of Alzheimer's patients.

He described Benoit's brain as "very abnormal, something you should never see in a 40-year old."

Bailes has done similar research on the brains of former professional football players who committed suicide.

He said he found similar brain damage in their cases.

Bailes theroizes that repeated concussions can lead to dementia which can contribute to severe behaviorial problems.

In the case of the former NFL players he said he found a recurring "theme of failure in their personal lives and their business lives, depression and then ultimate suicide."

Benoit's father suggests that brain damage could have lead his son to murder his family.

"We have no understanding of how this could have happened. So it was important to us to investigate to see if something went terribly wrong," said Michael Benoit.

He said his son suffered dozens of concussions during his wrestling career.

Investigators have said that Benoit killed his wife, then his son and then himself in his Fayetteville, Ga. home the weekend of June 22.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Damn, thats sad. If old people were more capable and mobile when they had Alzheimer's you would probably hear about them doing similar things. My Great Grandfather broke a nurse's arm in the hospital about a year before he died...a pro wrestler in that state of mind would be really dangerous. I guess that is obvious though.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Be interesting to know how much of the blaming of the concussions is hypothesis. Is there a joint effect from steroid usage and post concussion syndrome that hasn`t been accounted for (yet)?

When you look at some of the lists generated, there are an aweful lot of people associated with professional wrestling that die at a young age. I wonder if we will see the same type of stats around some of the main stream sports, especially boxing, football and hockey, where there has been more of an awareness of concussions and head injuries on the athletes.
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

It makes sense that concussions could do that kind of damage. I've had one before, and it fucking SUCKS. No more backyard boxing for me.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I wonder if we will see the same type of stats around some of the main stream sports
But professional wrestling is not a sport!
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

miir wrote:
I wonder if we will see the same type of stats around some of the main stream sports
But professional wrestling is not a sport!
Not in the sense that it's an open competition without a predetermined outcome, no. However, the athleticism required to be a wrestler is elite.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

You're right Miir in that its not a sport (I'll agree with Midnyte that there is a high degree of athleticism involved) but there is a confluence of performance enhancing drugs and concussions. Limited evidence suggests the same factors are present in both football and hockey, with a lot of the anecdotal evidence being that steroids may not be as prevalent as in the wrestling world but still present.
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement