...and I am still awake.

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

...and I am still awake.

Post by Xyun »

Wednesday began like any other normal day. I rolled out of bed around noon, got ready, and headed to work. But unlike any other normal day, on Wednesday I received a phone call. It was the ghost of addictions past who offered me heaven in powder form. Who can say no to heaven? After all, God created it.

Thus, after work I began the long journey to the mysterious land of Roswell to attain this heaven, in the hopes that it was the purest and cleanest heaven I had ever been blessed with. My hopes were realized and my prayers answered by the ghost herself. But in return for this exquisite heaven she asked for nine pictures of the seventh head of state. I obliged her, taking note that the value of heaven had increased and yet in some ways, still remained priceless.

Upon my return to my abode, I decided to combine heaven with the ultimate game of chance and the current game of war. It was a good decision and the night grew wings and flew into Thursday.

Unfortunately, Thursday was the day that I had a mandatory meeting with a nobody who thought I was nobody, and it seemed nobody was correct. But somebody had to wait in line to see nobody.

While sitting in line, my future appeared to me in the form of a Spanish fly. But heaven itself betrayed me and that future escaped me and this I regretted. But alas my sitting was over and my opportunity to speak with nobody presented itself in both the American and the Mexican tongues. My conversation with nobody lasted one-tenth of the time I was made to wait to speak with nobody, and while pleasant and good willed nobody was once again useless. I left nobody empty handed and traveled to work and performed my duties.

Upon my return to my abode, I decided to combine heaven with the ultimate game of chance and the current game of war. It was a good decision and the night grew wings and flew into Friday.

Friday treated me to a simple work day but Thursday had been much kinder to me physically than Friday was being. So with heaven beside me (and hell within) I confronted Friday for an hour with a weapon and a projectile in a white brick room with one glass wall. During the course of the confrontation Friday realized that heaven had borrowed my dreams and mercilessly tortured me for it. As with every other Friday, the result of the confrontation was not important so long as it had taken place.

Upon my return to my abode, I decided to combine heaven with the ultimate game of chance and the current game of war. It was still a good decision. But the night did not grow wings and did not fly. Instead it completely ignored Saturday and blended itself to the following night where blurred vision and scattered thoughts dominated my reality. But my perseverance prevailed and I was awarded a second moon, and with it, another dreamless night.

94 hours have passed since I last slept........ and I am still awake, with heaven beside me (and hell within).
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: ...and I am still awake.

Post by VariaVespasa »

Dammit, he's on the powdered sugar and turpentine again! Hide your poodles!
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

So, is did this happen to you and you are still on coke? Or is this something written by someone else? Either way, I like it, and I understood parts of it at least. Been there before, but dont plan on ever going back.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

96 hours...
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

A+ would read again. =D>
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

I guess I am the only one that doesnt think its a good read and find myself more or less thinking its a waste of life, to each his own I suppose
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

Trek wrote:I guess I am the only one that doesnt think its a good read and find myself more or less thinking its a waste of life, to each his own I suppose
Nope...not the only one. I like the writing style - good prose. I just hope it isn't true.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Just think, if you clean up, and write a book that's as good as the above about your journey back to sobriety, Oprah will put you on her book club!
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

I really hope you go to sleep soon. Coke itself isnt that bad if you do it in moderation...but I dont think you did it in moderation and not sleeping that long is really bad for you. I'm surprised you havent collapsed yet, I've never went past 50 hours.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Drugs are cool!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

The most I've ever done is 42 hours. That was less than two years ago and SURPRISE... I wasn't on drugs.

Well technically that's not true. Coffee 4TW!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Ah yes, I remember that one, Xyun. It has been many years, and luckily, I no longer live near all my musician friends. ;)

Good luck on the sleep hangover, drink lots of fluids and thanks for sharing your writing--I really enjoyed the read, even though it brought up some painful memories!
en kærlighed småkager
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Good writing Xyun! Pity yer addicted to that kind o crap tho!

Ya should work them delts instead!

You grow while you rest, and staying awake 96 hours isn't good for your muscularity!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

I could have sworn I posted in this thread :( Was there a ROLLBACK?!?!
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

You're so awesome man, I just want to.. can I.. touch you?

^^^^ I FOUND IT!

I clicked Save instead of Submit. New board.. it is TERRIFYING.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

I posted this mostly because I wanted to see how well I could go through the thought process at that point. It was more of an experiment on the functionality of my brain rather than a glorification of drugs or sleep deprivation. I don't think what I did was by any means healthy. I am no longer addicted to coke (believe it or not) but on the other hand I have not completely abstained from it. I get it once in a long while when the opportunity presents itself.

At the time of the original post, I was astonished at my capacity to actually think through and post what I did. Mostly because the previous time I went on that sort of escapade (appx. 6 months ago) I only stayed awake for about 80 hours and the final 5 hours or so were a blur. The previous time I could not even do simple math (which i use to play poker) much less put forth a well thought out and somewhat erudite post.

Nonetheless, I completely understand the general distaste for the behavior. I don't condone it unless you are a total pimp like myself.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I do think it was awesome writing.

I also have been considering all week if it was simply writing or truly drug induced writing. Impressive.

Just be careful. As much as I don't always like what you have to say, I would never, ever want you to end up like Pilsburry. Most of the time you're one of the better reads on this entire board.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

For those that don't understand everything that was going on I will somewhat summarize it.

Wednesday I got a call from a friend saying she scored some coke and wanted to know if I wanted some. The nine pictures of the seventh head of state refers to the $180 it cost.

I went home and stayed up all nite and played poker and ogame.

Thursday I had an appointment with an immigration officer who I knew would not be able to help me with my case but pursued it nonetheless. I saw a very beautiful girl that I was going to talk to. I went outside to wait for her. I went to my car to do a line and as I was coming back to the building i saw her get in her car and leave. :(

After waiting 2 more hours in line, my number was called. At the immigration office everything over the intercom is said in english and then repeated in spanish. It was pretty fucking annoying. Anyway, the lady couldn't help me out on my case, and I knew this before hand. (I'm trying to expedite my case so that I can go visit my dying grandfather in Sweden.) From there I went to work.

I went home and stayed up all nite and played poker and ogame.

Friday I was starting to feel the fatigue. In addition, my roommate and I go to the gym every sun/wed/fri and play raquetball, which is the reference to the weapon, projectile, and brick room with one glass wall. Once I got home friday nite from raquetball I thought I would pass out but decided to play a little poker and did really well in a couple of tournaments. Those tournaments can last hours if you stay in them long enough so the time passed quickly and before I knew it, it was saturday nite.

During this time my brother and I were also trying to get me a 2nd moon in ogame (for those that don't know it's a long process of building up and destroying what you built, with a 20% chance of getting a moon for each destruction). I was planning on sleeping sat. nite but then the crash made my moon and so I had to stay up and build it up.

Also, the "heaven beside me and hell within" line is from an Alice in Chains song.

I basically decided to write about the most significant event of each of those days, rather than try to cram a whole lot more into the writing.

cheers.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

A very interesting experiment--glad you made it out ok bud! :D
en kærlighed småkager
Sirensa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sirensa »

What the fuck.
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

PM me your account information so I can give away your stuff after your heart explodes.

Also - please include chapters with hookers and main lining - photos as well.
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

I did 5 days once with nothing but iced tea...That was pretty fun really...Great hallucinations...

Nice read though...a bit remniscent of Junky...
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Reminds me of those REALLY AWESOME multi-hour conversations I'd have with someone while doing coke, but then I'd run into them sober, and we'd have absolutely nothing to talk about. I'm actually glad the Mexicans got involved with the Gulf coke trade, because now the stuff down here is unpalatable. Smells like diesel and tastes like cheap childrens' tylenol.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm sure a few Everquest marathons rank in my top ten for longest duration without sleep.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Dregor Thule »

College, easily. Staying up 48 hours drawing will kill your eyes and hands along with your mind.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Sirensa wrote:What the fuck.
:vv_yeahthat:
- Ash