looking for the name of a really weird movie...

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

looking for the name of a really weird movie...

Post by Keverian FireCry »

The main character is a kid that is losing his hair and at one point he makes a some kind of magical blended mixture of peanut butter, dead flies and other weird things and it makes him grow tons of hair. So much hair that each day he cuts it off and the next day its long enough to touch the ground again.

And then there is this evil old man who steals children and makes paint brushes out of their hair. Using the paint brushes he can trap kids inside the paintings he makes. This old man steals the main chracter because of his magically growing hair, so he can make more and more of these paint brushes and trap tons of children in his paintings..

I'm pretty sure it was a PG movie for kids, but it was a really fucking weird and scary. I remember it giving me nightmares as a kid and I always remember these little bits and peices of it, but can't remember what it was called.

It may have been some made for TV movie that noone saw? /shrug...
Nilaman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Nilaman »

Haha and then his friend was like "So this will grow hair anywhere?" and he went into the bathroom with the mixture and then he had hair comming out the bottom of his pants!

Yeah. I don't have a clue the name of that movie either.
nneenaK
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by nneenaK »

http://imdb.com/title/tt0089789/

Oddly enough titled....wait for it....The Peanut Butter Solution.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Awesome, I actually just found it a few mins ago after more googling. Thanks though.

Now I need to go rent it. I have been talking with friends about "forgotten" movies from our childhood. We've been re-discovering a bunch of '80s fantasy movies that we all had vague memories of. Noone remembered The Peanutbutter Solution- everybody thought it was something I dreamed up.

We just watched "Mio In The Land of Faraway", which someone dug out of their VHS collection a couple weeks back. For a movie I hardly remembered it has a kick ass cast, and it's actually GOOD aside from shitty special effects. ABBA made the theme song also! :D

Last edited by Keverian FireCry on March 14, 2006, 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Do yourself the favor and read the original story, written by children's author par excellence, Astrid Lindgren (the mother of Pippi Longstockings, The Brothers Lionheart and many others). She's one of the few great people to come out of Sweden.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Ah no wonder ABBA did the song for it! I'll definitely get the book along with The Brothers Lionheart(the movie sounds great too). I've read Pippi Longstockings though.
nneenaK
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by nneenaK »

Watership Down
http://imdb.com/title/tt0078480/

The Dark Crystal
http://imdb.com/title/tt0083791/

Thinking of movies and my childhood, I always come back to these two movies. I haven't watched them in years, I just seem to remember them being violent. Who needs to see a bunny get torn apart in a childrens cartoon!
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Labyrinth with David Bowie... really more of my sisters movie who is about 5 years younger than me but I got a copy the other day and my son loves with the funny Bowie songs in it. We plan on getting Dark Crystal soon as well though...

I haven't seen the one with Christian Bayle but that would be cool to tell him that was Batman as a little boy :) Now if I can find it anywhere, anyone know if Netflix has it?

Marb
Samin
No Stars!

Post by Samin »

This movie disturbed me as a kid, I can remember having serious nightmares about it. Most people I know who saw it as a kid say the same thing. Pretty fucked up for a PG movie. I am pretty sure it was a Canadian movie. Not sure why, but everyone I knew saw that as a kid, but most people outside Canada havnt heard of it.
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

The Care Bears movie scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. The one with that evil book that opened all by itself to the page with the face that took over your mind. I had nightmares about it. I haven't watched it since I was little, maybe I'll go back and check it out again :p
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

The Secret of NIMH freaked me out also. That was G rated and very dark.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

The Brave Little Toaster scared me shitless as a kid.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

If I'm not mistaken, this movie was made in Quebec and was originally french to begin with.

I remember bits and peices of this from childhood as well.

The 2 dogs at the end of GhostBusters are what scared me as a kid.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

As a kid, the first Horrormovie i saw was "The Thing", it was new back then and what really scared me was the dogpen-scene.

Yeah i thought those two final bosses in Ghostbusters were kinda scary too! :D
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Jaws and Cujo are the ones that scared the crap outta me. I remember watching Cujo at my babysitter's house, and she had a big mean-ass pitbull...never went back to her house.
Samin
No Stars!

Post by Samin »

Haha just checked out:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0089789/

And if you read the "This gave me nightmare" thread there is about 20 people who were equally freaked out by the movie.
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

Legend could possibly be the greatest movie of all time, which is why everyone must see it.
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

flight of the navigator anyone? that movie totally kicked ass
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

edit: hot double post that cant be deleted!
laneela
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by laneela »

Omfg, The Brave Little Toaster was ACES. That and Bedknobs and Broomsticks were two of my favorites. Now, The Phantom Tollbooth... *that* was a scary movie.
Laneela
You may take our lives, but you will never take our trousers!
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

JAWS fucked me up something fierce. The first horror movie I remember secretly watching was Dark Night of the Scarecrow. That one did a nice little number on my subconscious as well.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Gonzoie - Luclin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: tjevolved

Post by Gonzoie - Luclin »

Zamtuk wrote:flight of the navigator anyone? that movie totally kicked ass
Funny, i originally had Flight of the Navigator and Legend in my post, but i cut it out and just went with Legend alone!
Darttanion Romances, 70 bard (Retired)
Gonzoie Eatsalot, 65 Druid (Long been Retired)
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

Never saw the Peanut Butter Solution or Mio in the Land of Faraway but I definitely remember childhood greats like Labyrinth (Bowie was so awesome), the Dark Crystal, the Secret of NIMH, Watership Down, etc. I'm surprised someone mentioned the Brave Little Toaster, that movie was epic!

When I was young, whenever I visited my grandmother's house I'd always end up getting to rent tons of movies which would all either be cartoon movies or horror movies my parents wouldn't allow me to get and I have this vivid memory from some animated children's movie of just one scene... there's this dark blob that's going around eating / consuming people - I want to say they were faeries. I can't remember anything else but thinking it was a rather dark movie. I'm not talking about that Ferngully shit that came out in the 90's either. I can't remember anything else about the movie other than the aforementioned scene =/
Last edited by Drinsic Darkwood on March 15, 2006, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Morgrym
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Morgrym »

Neverending Story? The Nothing was kind of like that.
Chachi (Whisperwind) <retired>

FKA Morgrym / Skrunch (Veeshan) <retired>
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

No, it was animated. A cartoon movie.
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Fenna
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fenna »

My dad let me watch "The Exorcist" when I was like 9 years old and that scared the shit out of me. I was afraid of our basement for years.

I was obsessed with "The Dark Crystal," and I was very jealous of the main elf-dude. I wanted to be him and score with that she-elf chick. I still do, kind of.
Demags
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Demags »

Hey Fenna, you dont have time to be trolling the messageboards, you should be PACKING right now. Hurry up and get that moving done so we get our main cleric back! (not to mention that average rogue) :twisted:

Demags
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

there's this dark blob that's going around eating / consuming people - I want to say they were faeries. I can't remember anything else but thinking it was a rather dark movie.

This had faeries in it. I don't remember if there was a black blob that was consuming everything. It also had swearing and adult themes like prostitution- I remember it was strange and creepy when I saw it as a kid.
Last edited by Keverian FireCry on March 16, 2006, 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abelard
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Abelard »

Ernest Scared Stupid.

Jesus, I couldn't sleep on my side for years out of fear that a troll would materialize behind me.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Abelard wrote:Ernest Scared Stupid.

Jesus, I couldn't sleep on my side for years out of fear that a troll would materialize behind me.
:lol:
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

The episode where Sideshow bob frames Krusty.. He laughs maniacly at some point. That particular scene scared me.

Also the trucker lady and the clowns from Pee Wee Herman
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Tell em Large Marge sent ya!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

thats not funny you fucker
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Howard the Duck...... :oops:
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Gamei
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gamei »

I remember watching some movie about a bunch of kids left in this somewhat large house alone.

They dug this giant fucking hole in the backyard and all these little demons or something came out. Turns out it was a hole to hell? Something.

Anyways these demons start moving through walls or something, and I have this memory of some giant lizard-like demon shooting up through the floor and some kid firing a rocket at it.

Or something.

No fucking clue what the name of the movie could have possibly been, I would've been like 6 or 7 at the time. It scared me a lot but sounds ridiculous now!
Gamei
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gamei »

Wow, found it by googling: kids open a hole in the backyard and demons come through

Fairly amusing synopsis here: http://www.necfiles.org/mov6.htm

IMDB link here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093075/[/url]
Nilaman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Nilaman »

The Gate... maaaaan...

I watched that when I was little, it wasn't bad. I think they made a sequel.

Since a few people are talking about old movies... I can't remember the title of this but I'd love to know it.

There was this kid that was adopted(?) by a strange rich couple. They had a big house and they gave the kid all the junkfood he could eat, which their servant brought to him at any hour. At some point during the movie the kid started getting the idea that they were vampires (they used the term "Let's paint the town red" at some point) and the kid decided they were fattening him up to eat him later on.

Anywho, something happens and he gets away. Then he comes back in the middle of the night and they answer the door. The kid is like "I know you guys are vampires.. but I figured out something" and the vampires are like "Vat is that?! /fang on" and the kid is like "AWOOOOO! Im a werewolf and we eat vampires!" The end!

I don't even know if that is a real movie or some TV crap but I'd like to see it again for the hell of it!