Scammer

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Scammer

Post by sarlen »

thought I would share this with everyone. The story goes (as I understand it) asshat_001 (scammer) trolls the boards and finds a good magilo profile then lists it for auction on PA. He pockets the cash and your left holding the bag..Happened to me, listed my toons name for sale 6 times in 1 week, got payed pretty good bucks then just didnt reply to the buyers now the buyers want an explanation from me... Delete your magilo's now and save yourself some grief, that cool profile isnt worth the BS...

http://www.playerauctions.com/forums/me ... eadid=3903
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

first post! (Finally)!
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

damn pharmers!!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Oh, on topic, no one gives a shit here about Player Auctions, except to see who the latest two faced fucks are.

Thanks!
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

It is amazing what people will buy from the internet. I sold my account to some PA re-seller who makes money buying people's accounts and stripping them to sell all the items individually. He Western Union'd me the money and I went and got it before I even handed over the account to him, or even logged on in front of him to prove that I even had the account in my posession. I also dealt with him entirely using a Hotmail account. The only thing he had from me as legit contact info was my first and last name so he could wire me the cash (and Im unlisted in the phone book anyway), and the city I live in. I don't even have a playerauctions account.

Since I wasn't even selling anything real technically, and we were in different countries, he would have had absolutely no legal recourse to get his money back (and it was quite a bit of money). Hell he didn't even have a way of getting in touch with me outside of my hotmail account. I could have kept his money and stopped using that email account and I would have never heard from him.

The moral is, if you are stupid enough to buy virtual crap off the internet, at least don't be stupid enough to do it with someone without seeing proof of the virtual goods first.
Searyx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Searyx »

He also could have driven to your house and raped and killed you. Not every internet buyer/seller is a pussycat.
Searyx Fairyslayer
Lvl 50 Fury (Lvl 50 Provisioner)
Officer of Vae Victis on the Crushbone Server
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

LOL if I got a tell from someone saying they bought my account on some auction site, I would have so much fun torturing them it would be amazing.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Pubin
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Pubin »

Yeah i got a tell from someone saying they bought my acct. I was like hahahaha wtf then i remembered selling it to him and apologized.
Don't blame me if you see my old characters acting like asses.
Zvenn Eaglefist
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Zvenn Eaglefist »

ROFL pubin
Sensei Zvenn
formerly the 65th Transcendent of the Celestial Tomb...currently retired

<embed src="http://www.webspawner.com/users/veeshan/whoopass.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="120" height="90"></embed>