Wondering what everyone else thinks

What do you think about the world?
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Wondering what everyone else thinks

Post by Soreali »

Surprised no one else brought this up yet.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051207/ap_ ... NlYwM3MTg-

In all honesty, I'm for capital punishment. But I must admit what I've read about this guy has really gotten me on his side. Yes murder is truly a horrible crime to commit but this guy has really done a great amount to fix his mistakes in life and make himself a better man. I think he should live so he can continue this work.

What about the rest of you?
Timmah.

Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

What has he done other than write children's books? The article's a tad vague.
I'd hate Hillary just as much if it was a woman. ┌┘ Winnow
you pretentious fuckwits ┌┘ Nick
:roll: ┌┘ Miir
thoroughly groped┌┘ Xyun
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Give the Crip the drip.
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

I'm uniformly opposed to the death penalty so...
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

how can you "correct" killing two people.

you can do a lot of good things, and hopefully he has. but shy of raising them from the dead, there is no correction or atonement.

i certainly am sympathetic to the reality that persons from urban poor neighborhoods live in a very tough place, and even if they have a good family caring for them - and many dont -, that there are lots of opportunities to make bad decisions for kids. And kids are pretty good at making bad decisions.

anyway, i'm not going to shed a tear for anybody who gets executed for murder.

there isnt a shortage of people on this planet. so i'm not really that concerned with the mitigating circumstances of what anybody has done after they murdered some people.

there are many mistakes in life that people make. some choices, there are not ways back from.
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

Tookie isn't a dumb guy. he knows enough to play on people's emotions in order to try and save his own life. He has never expressed remorse for the deaths he caused as a leader of oen of the biggest gangs in the US. He is also known to ahve continued his control of teh gang from inside prison. So he wrote a couple children's books, big deal. So he was nominated for the Nobel prize, big deal. I could nominate Hitler if I wanted too. He hasn't been a complete saint while incarcerated and only now that he is getting close to dieing is he actually using his brain to try and save his life. I would do the exact same thing.

I believe in the death penalty for those cases that have eyewitnesses and perfect DNA evidence. I also believe that child rapists should get the death penalty too. And I see no difference between attempted murder and murder. Just because you are too stupid to complete the crime shouldn't allow you to get a lesser sentence.
Deward
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

i'm with you deward.

pedophiles, rapists, whatever....melt them down and turn them into biodiesel.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Yup, I worked with the gangs in Little Rock back when HBO did that special. There were a lot of people murdered here in the name of the Crips which might not have if he haddn't founded them.

That aside I agree with Vor and Dew, if you murder someone in cold blood, you get the death penealty.

And don't give me any of this Crispy stuff that now they have given their life to Jesus, they shouldn't die. Jesus didn't say that. Jesus said that you have to follow the laws of the land as well as God's laws. From a religious standpoint I think it's wonderful that they are now "saved" but they still must pay for their crimes on this Earth, that's just the way it works.

Marb
Last edited by Marbus on December 7, 2005, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Fry him.
Sick Balls!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Totally against capital punishment for the record..
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Noysyrump wrote:Fry him.
Sick Balls!
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

to elaborate upon Marbus' point.

If somebody has been "saved", that is between them and the Almighty. Not between them and the State.
Kargyle
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Kargyle »

While I am against the death penalty, I don't see why Williams is any more deserving of having his sentence commuted that any other murderer. He's never admitted to the killings, and never shown any remorse. I guess you could argue that you can't remorse what you never did, but I've never seen anyone other the Williams claim his innocence. Against the death penalty or not, I find it hard to find sympathy for a man with Williams past.

Oh, and I also agree that having been "saved" does not some how make you less culpable for your crime.
The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion. - Thomas Paine
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

DEATH!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fry Him!
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Winnow wrote:Fry Him!

I couldnt have said it better myself.
Sick Balls!
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Hang him!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

If you're fighting to defend your life/family/home/ect., then I encourage people to kill thier attacker. Hell, you threaten me and my loved ones with physical harm or intent and I will try my hardest to end your life with my own 2 hands if I have to. However, I am against the death penalty.

You see, it's the capture, trial, and waiting 20 years that I cannot come to terms with. People do change. You are no longer punishing the same human being that commited the crime. Besides, the death penalty is revenge, nothing more. A civilised society should be beyond such petty emotions. I also don't believe in putting a life in the hands of a system so unbalanced and inconsistant in regards to murder and the death penalty that it boggles the mind.

On topic, he's black, so statisticaly speaking, he has a much better chance of being put to death than if he were white, even if it was the same crime. He'll die.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

he should be happy he got 20 years of life beyond that to actually have the opportunity to do something.