What do you think about the world?
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Brutus709

Norwegian Court Convicts First Woman for Rape

Post by Forthe »

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtm ... ID=8332138
OSLO (Reuters) - A Norwegian court has sentenced a woman to nine months in jail for raping a man, the first such conviction in the Scandinavian country that prides itself for its egalitarianism.
The 31-year-old man fell asleep on a sofa at a party in January last year and told the court in the western city of Bergen he woke to find the 23-year-old woman was having oral sex with him.

Under Norwegian law, all sexual acts with someone who is "unconscious or for other reasons unable to oppose the act" are considered rape.

The court sentenced the woman Wednesday to nine months in jail and ordered her to pay 40,000 Norwegian crowns ($6,355) in compensation.

"This is a very harsh sentence," the woman's lawyer, Per Magne Kristiansen, told the Norwegian news agency NTB. The woman argued the man had been awake and consented.

The prosecutor had sought a 10-month sentence and argued the court should not be more lenient with a woman than a man. It was Norway's first conviction of a woman for rape.

Norway has long traditions of equality -- 40 percent of the cabinet of Prime Minister Kjell Magne Bondevik, for instance, are women.
:vv_WTF:
All posts are personal opinion.
My opinion may == || != my guild's.
"All spelling mistakes were not on purpose as I dont know shit ." - Torrkir
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

Uh... While I'm all for equality, and i DO believe that it's a crime to invade one's privacy like that without permission, it does seem a little harsh for a hummer.

Now, I'm no judge, but MY sentance would be more along the lines of "A public apology, followed by a happy ending".

After all, the guy DID fall asleep at a party in Norway. Wild 'n crazy place, baby!

EDIT: I know it's a requirement of the bullshit Masculine Code of Neanderthalism to reply to these kinds of threads with "huh huh huh. I wish that'd happen to me!", but stripping someone while they're asleep, and molesting them IS kinda creepy, and immoral. Oh well. As least it was more generous than most kinds of rape.
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Rapists are the lowest form of life.

I don't think this case could at all be considered among the worst kinds of rape, but non-consensual sex of any form can accurately be described as rape. yeah?

Now, that said, I do want to throw in the old "yeah i wouldn't mind" argument and I suppose it's relevance is one of the reasons we don't see these cases arising much.

That said, the "I wouldn't mind" lifestyle is not the only one and some guy somewhere might feel raped if this happened; under the circumstances, it's his prerogative what to call it.

No one, regardless of sex, has the right to take advantage of someone else without their conscious consent (Unless it's a wake up blow job from a girlfriend).[/spoiler]
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Other than her being the skankiest, scariest, stalkingist, nastiest psycho chick who had he been running from, only a gay dude would complain.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

True, its a little harsh maybe, but rape is rape, no matter who it happens to.
What if the guy had a nice girlfriend or wife, or was gay for that matter. Waking up with some chick you dont know giving you oral sex could be both violating and unpleasant, depending on your view.
I personally think its good that we can at least show that equality also work that way. Now to find those 5% of home abuse thats the woman hitting the man, and get some convictions there too.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

My instant reaction is "lucky dude," but thinking about it that's a pretty irrational reaction. I can think of several chicks who, if I woke up with them sucking my dick, would cause me to flip the fuck out.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

We need to put these cocksuckers away for good!
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I don't get what possible benefit a woman would gain from a non-consentual blow job.
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

kyoukan wrote:I don't get what possible benefit a woman would gain from a non-consentual blow job.
The same as every other rapist: Power over someone else.
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

A blowjob isn't really about control though, in my opinion. There's nothing gratifying about giving some guy head unless you have an itch in the back of your throat or something. If anything a blowjob is about relinquishing control, because you are gratifying someone for essentially nothing in return except for maybe a crappy taste in your mouth.
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

Can someone else explain to Kyo why having your dick between a stranger's teeth while you're unconscious doesn't put you in a position of power? I'm afraid my head might explode.

Seriously though, Kyo, I don't claim to understand women, but I do know that several I've spoken to over the years enjoy the feeling of control they get when they're going down on someone. But hey, that's probably not even the reason she did it... I suspect it was more along the lines of "I was drunk and someone dared me to suck off the sleeping dude".

Besides, he was unconscious... so if she was doing it for his benefit, she was wasting her time.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Niffoni wrote:Besides, he was unconscious... so if she was doing it for his benefit, she was wasting her time.
that's kind of my point. I'd be willing to bet that he either consented and was too drunk to remember or she at least thought he was conscious. I just don't see how someone would benefit by giving someone head while they were unconscious.

I've given a disturbing amount of head in my life, so I'll defer to my experiences over yours, unless you want to tell us something about yourself we don't know about. It's certainly never been about control or dominance. Unless you're referring to the benefits of it when you withhold it. 8)
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

kyoukan wrote:I'd be willing to bet that he either consented and was too drunk to remember
Isn't this precisely the reason that you should have a witness whenever a woman has been drinking and says yes?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

wouldn't know. don't know that rule. a witness to you giving consent wouldn't hold up in court however. rape laws are usually based around being in the proper state of mind to be able to give consent.
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

kyoukan wrote:
Niffoni wrote:Besides, he was unconscious... so if she was doing it for his benefit, she was wasting her time.
that's kind of my point. I'd be willing to bet that he either consented and was too drunk to remember or she at least thought he was conscious. I just don't see how someone would benefit by giving someone head while they were unconscious.

I've given a disturbing amount of head in my life, so I'll defer to my experiences over yours, unless you want to tell us something about yourself we don't know about. It's certainly never been about control or dominance. Unless you're referring to the benefits of it when you withhold it. 8)
Call this a hijack if you will, but don't you think a comment like that might come back and haunt you 30 or 40 years from now? Who knows how many people have saved this site for posterity?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Umm, I don't live in the USA. I don't have to pay lip service to some false sense of morality. I really don't see anything to be ashamed about.

Believe it or not people really do engage in sexual intercourse.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

I find it shameful if a woman doesn't give head =p
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

Niffoni wrote:Can someone else explain to Kyo why having your dick between a stranger's teeth while you're unconscious doesn't put you in a position of power? I'm afraid my head might explode.
/salute
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

It is a position of power, if someone has 2 rows of teeth around my member, I am damn well going to do what they say.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

I know some ladies who love oral sex because of the power they have over the man. It is probably a bit different for everyone I suppose just like so many other things.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

For most guys, sex isn't about power or control, either. That doesn't stop rape from (often) revolving around those issues.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Kelshara wrote:I know some ladies who love oral sex because of the power they have over the man. It is probably a bit different for everyone I suppose just like so many other things.
In my experience the element of control comes from whether or not they are going to get oral sex, not the act of giving it. I don't see how oral sex could be viewed as anything other than either an act of submission or at best the desire to please your partner. There is absolutely nothing about the act itself that is empowering to the person performing it.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Well Kyoukan I know women who say they get off on the power thing. Ireland is full of fucked up women though.....

I love how Metanis thinks it's worth mocking that a woman has *GASP* given head. WTF?
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

He is just jealous that he never got any.
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

Nick wrote:Well Kyoukan I know women who say they get off on the power thing. Ireland is full of fucked up women though.....

I love how Metanis thinks it's worth mocking that a woman has *GASP* given head. WTF?
I'm not mocking her however when was the last time you talked about giving or getting head with your parents? Your grandparents? Your children? I was thinking more about the time in the near future when Kooky's 12 year old daughter comes home from school and shows her mom this wonderful quote she found on the internet... about her mom giving head a "disturbing" number of times. That word "disturbing" is an interesting choice by Kooky.

I've come to realize myself that the words used here can come back to haunt you, just another reason to practice some moderation in our relationships and posting.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

That's paranoia on your part if you worry about that sort of shit.

In the civilized world it's actually acceptable to be frank about your reality as opposed to being ashamed of it.

Not to mention the word disturbing was clearly comical and if not, so what? You never had a bad sexual experience? Guess what, everyone else at some point in their lives has.
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Umm that is not Kooky.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

Nick wrote:That's paranoia on your part if you worry about that sort of shit.

In the civilized world it's actually acceptable to be frank about your reality as opposed to being ashamed of it.

Not to mention the word disturbing was clearly comical and if not, so what? You never had a bad sexual experience? Guess what, everyone else at some point in their lives has.
What are you? Like 16? You seem to have a juvenile concept of the "civilized world".
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

What are you even talking about? You're a goddamn pleb. Whatever construct of reality you have is not even worthy of my consideration, unless I want some nightmares.

You are the immature retard going, "OMG HAEHAE SHE GIVES HEAD".
Drasta
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drasta »

kyoukan wrote:A blowjob isn't really about control though, in my opinion. There's nothing gratifying about giving some guy head unless you have an itch in the back of your throat or something. If anything a blowjob is about relinquishing control, because you are gratifying someone for essentially nothing in return except for maybe a crappy taste in your mouth.
i have to disagree ... i find it enjoyable to give blow jobs .. call it an oral fixation
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

When I give oral to a woman, I definately feel a sense of control over if/when they will have an orgasam. Well, there's really no sensing about it... it's all me. In that realm, I would describe the feeling as powerful. I also know I'm very good at it and it's like doing a switch over, and the women I have dated for extended lengths of time looked forward/hoped for a crotch eating like men lust for a good blowjob. Of course, I derive an unnatural pleasure from eating pussy, so I should not be used as any sort of gauge for what is normal. Since I derive so much personal pleasure out of the act itself, I guess it could be argued that in the end, I am still only giving a woman oral for my personal gratification. It's a win/win situation, so I don't really put too much thought into the matter.

On topic:

For a court to convict a woman of this, I would imagine some sort of evidence must have been used against her. Maybe she has a fucked up past or something. I don't think I would've pressed charges in this situation. Maybe just stopped it and told her I was flattered but not interested or something. The circumstances would dictate my reaction, and the article is pretty vague.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Fairweather Pure wrote:When I give oral to a woman, I definately feel a sense of control over if/when they will have an orgasam.
that is an entirely different form of control. the argument stems from someone saying rape is about domination and control. I don't think they meant that rapists do it so they can feel a sense of control about giving their victim an orgasm or not.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I don't think they meant that rapists do it so they can feel a sense of control about giving their victim an orgasm or not.
My comments were more directed at your statement that you believe that the "giver" has no power. I offered up a direct contrast to that opinion. I was not referring to rape when I made my statement.

But based on what I can gather from the article, I'm assuming this particular woman gave this guy head because she gained personal satisfaction out of the act itself. Control was one of the reasons someone else mentioned, but far from the only excuse/reason.

I remember a court case in Michigan (I think) about 8-10 years ago where an orderly was going into coma patient's rooms on his night shift and giving them blowjobs. Similar to the woman above, he certianly wasn't doing it for the victums(?) pleasure, but rather his own. Do these types of people get off on the act or the circumstances? Who knows really, but I wouldn't rule out some sort of weird mental power trip as a contributing factor.

The problem is, we're trying to apply normal human thought processes to what is probably a unique situation with kinda disturbed people. I say kinda, becuase it's not like they're out there killing anyone or violently raping people in the streets. It seems like a very passive sexual dysfunction where they feel there is no harm done and helps them sleep at night.

But really, wtf do I know? Just making conversation really.
Knibble
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Knibble »

He must have been gay.I know if I were a man and woke up with a woman giving me a blow job I sure as hell wouldn't bitch.
Same if it were a woman who woke up and had a man eating at the Y.No bitching there I must say. :lol:
Knibble Megentlee
65 Prophet "Retired"
Keepers Of The Elements

Demma,Karelily,Knibble on Blackburrow(EQ2)
Plague of Darkness
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

I would have been upset if I woke up and found a woman other than my better half doing it. I am in a relationship and have no interest in anyone but her (not to mention it could quite possibly make her quite upset heh).
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Kylere wrote:Umm that is not Kooky.
In an effort to save you the time it takes you to post that in every thread she posts in, I'll let you know that it is, in fact, the same person who has always posted under that name.
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

Sylvus wrote:
Kylere wrote:Umm that is not Kooky.
In an effort to save you the time it takes you to post that in every thread she posts in, I'll let you know that it is, in fact, the same person who has always posted under that name.

It helps him validate his online existance to disbelieve the phenominom that is in fact Kyoukan of the Diminutive Forest Creatures of the Yukon Territory.
So there is nothing you can really do ti dissuade such behavior. He won't believe it. Just like we dont believe he lost weight or quit smoking, we know he's sitting there smoking 4 packs a day and drinking chicken fat by the gallon!
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

I'm quite possibly just ignorant on the subject since I wouldn't say I've done extensive research on rape convictions but... exactly how often have men been convicted of rape by *only* performing oral sex on a woman? I'd have to agree with Kyoukan on this. I don't see how a woman could feel any sense of power or control in the same right than men who rape women do. The only kinds of rape I can think of off the top of my head have been in reference to either vaginal or anal sex. I've never heard of someone being raped via oral sex.

Edit: I'm not defending what happened here in any way. I just don't view it in the same right that I would view typical rape convictions. This guy might feel morally violated if he is dating/engaged/married to someone, etc. - I just highly doubt she was after "power" or "control" in any way.
Last edited by Drinsic Darkwood on May 2, 2005, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I don't know if it qualifies as rape unless the guy was drugged without his knowing it. I would classify it as inappropriate (legally) just as a man grapping a woman's ass is inappropriate.

Circumstances play a big part in these things. Was it a sex party? Who knows! Was he dreaming with a big boner and the lady thought she'd help out? Dunno unless you were there.

Unless you think it's perfectly fine for a woman to suck a mans wanker anytime she wants, then there should at least be some sort of law because you damn well know a man eating out a woman that fell asleep at a party would be treated differently, and according to the examples above, he wouldn't be getting anything out of it either. I don't think it's anything close to an offense that warrants jail time unless some sort of control via bonds or drugs were used.