Blizzards so called 'Honor' system is a.....

WoW Discussion

Should Blizzard?

Fuck off
47%
Die
53%

Total votes: 32

Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Blizzards so called 'Honor' system is a.....

Post by Nick »

PIECE OF SHIT

What a goddamn gamebreaking clusterfuck this joke of a patch was. PvP is not worth playing for another fucking minute while this continues unchanged unless you're a fucking cretin.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

There is no point being constructive, there is NOTHING redeeming about this fucking waste of time.

Either make "Honor" (Blizzards very own "Clean air act") Battlegrounds only, or give us a fucking server transfer.

Those are the only possible rays of hope to come out of this fiasco, I have never seen one game go so completely down the shitting drain in one swoop.

They have one week.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Are you on a PVP server?
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Yes.

Well until I re-rolled on pve this morning....
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

I can honestly see the frustration coming from PVP servers. Before the Honor system it was just PVPing just to PVP, and now it's like having a bounty on your head, and everyone is out to get you.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

/cry

Example : Went off to Badlads to do a spot grinding, not having experienced the honor system, get killed as I land at Loch bloody modan.

Get ganked by group of 3 people when I go to get corpse at gryphons. So I try again. Bam, same thing.

Then I go hmmm, I'll go for the spirit healer option. Fortunately, that works. So I mount up, run to Badlands, immediately attacked by 10 horde at zoneline, who kill me, go back to corpse, bam. Again.

Try again.

Bam.

Try again.

You guessed it! Died!

So I try and wipe the tears from my eyes and choose the spirit healer again (at which point my armor is going to be at something like 50% or less) and the FUCKING graveyard is camped.

Die several more times just trying to get far enough away to HT.

Go to STV. Which ends up being even WORSE (somehow) than Badlands.

Two nights in a row.

If you're one of those gormless ganking fucktards then this is heaven, otherwise it's not even worth playing.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Umm.. tough shit? Did you really expect PvP to be some happy fun /duel'ing paradise? Right now it's pretty excesive yes, it's a shiny new toy for people to play with. It'll settle down, *especially* once BGs go in. They'll also start to make dishonor mean something.

All I can say is enjoy the PvE, it's what you want. I don't say that negatively, I mean it. Go enjoy it.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Yeah I can imagine your guildleader passively accepting "tough shit" when whatever ubermob it was you were fighting at the time was bugged to shit or simply not finished.

I am not asking for dandelions on a fucking chain here, but here's news, PVP does not equal gankfest exclusively.

That isn't PvP, that's just shit on wheels.

I hear your PvE point Dregor I do, and yes it is a large reason (but not the only one) as to why I play the game, but the point is that the honor system as it stands is a joke.

It's poorly implemented, and that is being extremely kind.

Btw. I am just venting :P
I don't expect a goddamn thing to be solved venting here, but it is venting at an aspect of the game which we both play. It is a legitimate rant.
I thought I'd share it.
I know most of you aren't on PvP, but it's so bloody frustrating!
Yaksa
No Stars!

Post by Yaksa »

The honor system has really affect the level 48-59 crowd in a bad way. They are still green to level 60s so even if you impliment a dishonor kill when killing a grey player you are SOL. When I was trying to solo with my twink in Burning Steppes or Wintersprings it was just mayhem. I am on a PVP server and I dont mind random PKing and shit at all. But what really gets me are the players who run around in 2 full groups and hunt down players that are 10 levels lower than them. Now I can understand maybe doing it once or twice for the points and HKs, but after that since the diminishing returns of points for repetive kills, it just get moot.

Another thing that really irks me is when getting killing right off the blimp or off a flight. I used to zone relatively fast not amazingly but I could jump off the blimp before it landed. Now most blimp zones are so infested with PVP that I lag hard from serverside lag and basically wind up dead with nothing around me. Everything are those little black shadow dots as it tries to load the 50+ alliance standing on top of the GromGol tower or something.

While there are some good aspects of it, I do feel for the 48-59 crowd as I said above. I am glad that my main is 60 so I dont have to deal with this. My solution to you is a hard one and sucks, if you dont like PVP b/c of gank squads but want to stay on a PVP server; just do instances. It will be mind numblingly repetative and you will level slower due to not doing so many quests, but at least you wont die that much. I attempted Western Plaguelands tonight and was killed almost 15times in 30mins, which basically was die relase, run, rezz promptly get kill by the roaming squads. To make matters worse they were the same people doing it over and over, so while they might have gotten the 13 kills of me, I am sure that by the end I was only giving them ~5 points for my death if that. I finally ate the Spirit Rezz and decided to duo very slowly in an instance for some xp because I figured that slow xp is better than no xp.

Yaksa "Hopefully it will die down once the newness of it wears off" LoveCraft
70 Mage -- Fully Flagged, Max AAs, and Retired
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Teenybloke wrote:PVP does not equal gankfest
Given the mentality of many on my server, I'd have expected this long before...

If you turn on world defense you'll see an endless zerg of alliance flinging themselves at the guards of 3-4 different cities\outposts. And failing miserably :roll: I can just imagine what these asshats would be like on a PvP server. If they don't have at least 6:1 it's time to run away.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Fenna
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fenna »

I'm glad they put the honor system in. Playing Horde on a PVE server (Lightbringer), most of the zones I've been questing in have been nearly empty. It's especially nice in the contested zones; if you get away from the towns there's almost no Alliance pricks around at all.

I have to agree with the above comment regarding the mentality of the average Alliance player I've encountered. More often then not they only approach me when the odds are totally in their favor, and in addition to emoted insults they all hop around me and in my face like a pack of monkeys. What the hell are these stupid fuckers thinking? Probably just hoping I'll accidentally target one of them while fighting a mob.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I get that same mentality when I am fishing on the docks at Ratchet. A guy at least 10 levels higher than me flagged pvp with his 3 buddies who weren't was calling me a chicken because I wouldn't fight him. WTF is he thinking? I am not stupid enough to go into a losing battle with just him let alone set myself up so that his buddies can jump in. Really brave on their part.

I noticed yesterday that it took a group of 4 Level 35 and up Alliance folk to bring down 2 level 32 mobs in the same time it took me to bring down 2 of the same mobs. AND I'M A DRUID!(level 36) We aren't known for being able to kill things fast at all. In fact paint will dry and grass will grow an inch before we bring down a mob solo.

Damn Alliance are like roaches at times. They are everywhere.
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Diae Soulmender »

Perhaps on PvP Servers they should implement some very serious assbeat guards around Flight Masters like 10 level 63+ Elites. Perhaps that might take the gank-fest out that..

Perhaps they could initiate some zones that are 'PvP Free' zones where you flag drops so you can simply grind with impunity. Just a thought.

They should place guards at Graveyards also. Again, its just a thought.

Using game mechanics against a player to 'win the day' is simply 'wrong' in my book.

Camping Flight Masters and Graveyards is just simply childish, immature, griefing which Blizzard SHOULD put there fucking bootheel down on. I play on a PvE server so I dont have these issues for the most part, but if I was playing on a PvP Server I can totally see where you are coming from.

OH! another idea: Have your PvP Flag drop for 5 minutes after death. Maybe that would resolve it and have your PvP Flag drop for 10 minutes if you get on a flight path. Maybe thats a good fix? Shrug.

Do I camp corpses? Yes, but I also try to control myself and not kill someone over and over again. I killed the same guy 3 times in a row camping his corpse, but then i thought about it and decided that is ghey and have not done it since. Ill kill ya once then leave the area or Ill kill ya once and hang around, but if you instigate anything Ill come down on ya again :)
Khrashdin 80 Protection Paladin
Vox Immortalis - Hyjal-US
#1 World Ranked 10man Strict Achievement Guild
#3 World Ranked 10man Strict Progression Guild
http://www.guildox.com The Premier Guild Ranking Site
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

I think they should up the Flight Masters levels, hp, or give them some extra buffs. That or handout major DK points.
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Bubba Grizz wrote:I noticed yesterday that it took a group of 4 Level 35 and up Alliance folk to bring down 2 level 32 mobs in the same time it took me to bring down 2 of the same mobs. AND I'M A DRUID!(level 36) We aren't known for being able to kill things fast at all. In fact paint will dry and grass will grow an inch before we bring down a mob solo.

Damn Alliance are like roaches at times. They are everywhere.
First of all a disclaimer "I dont know about any other servers so Im not speaking for any server other then Hyjal..."

In my opinion the Alliance on Hyjal are made up of mostly children ages 13-17 who are B-net kiddies who played Diablo1/2 to simply cheat and gank people and have carried this mentality over to WoW. As far as I can tell the Alliance can do nothing without 'over whelming numbers'. It is actually quite funny in some cases where a mass raid of Alliance numbering in the 40-50's attack Tarren Mill or Crossroads and get pushed back by the Horde using half the numbers.

Skillless bastards --hehe

Im not much of a PvP'er and only have 88 kills and an unknown amount of contribution, but I can guarentee you I have not died 88 times or more... this means 'someone' has to be dying more then they are killing... no skill tards :)
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

The Alliance on WW are not too bright either. I took out 2 lvl 60s (me being lvl 36) on 2 different occasions beating down a lvl 40 guard.

If you're lvl 60 and cant handle 1 guard and 1 player 20 lvls below you, you should pack up the game and leave. Its really quite sad.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

I play with the Alliance on Lightbringer (PVE) and I have to agree with a lot of the statements made: if they are a 12-17 yr old tard, they play for the Alliance, thus instead of a 1:1 ratio or normal players, you have 4:1. From where I sit, I think the whole system was poorly implemented for a couple reasons.

First and foremost there is nothing approaching class balance. Various people will have various takes on this but the end result is the same. Some classes are inherently weaker than all others and thus will not be able to achieve the success of the others.

Second the rewards for low level participation are out of whack... a Private or Corporal can buy gear equivalent to drops from the Emperor in BRD??? I realize its not the highest level or most difficult instance but the amount of effort required for the rewards is way out of line.

Third (from my experience on a PVE server) the numerical imbalance of Horde vs Alliance means its rarely, if ever going to happen on anything approaching an equal scale. As mentioned many Alliance (but I have seen this from the Horde as well) won't engage without numerical superiority. Thus its pure gankfest if it happens at all.

I think the honor system should have been implemented with Battlegrounds and only within them, at least on PVE servers. Right now we have massive zerg fests of cities where lag and not skill or tactics is the deciding factor, resulting in dead quest NPCs (i.e. cockblocking of those who don't want to PVP), flightpaths, bankers, etc. It will (hopefully) die down soon but I don't see it getting much better unless they totally revamp it.
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Wulfran wrote: Right now we have massive zerg fests of cities where lag and not skill or tactics is the deciding factor, resulting in dead quest NPCs (i.e. cockblocking of those who don't want to PVP), flightpaths, bankers, etc. It will (hopefully) die down soon but I don't see it getting much better unless they totally revamp it.
I understand they are implementing Dishonor Points (with negative contribution) if you kill merchant type NPC's. ie Vendors, Quest NPC's and Flight Masters.

This should alleviate 'some' of the mass slaughters of NPC's.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Its ridiculous and its hammering their already weak servers. I rolled on a PvE server specifically to avoid this kind of infantile bullshit, but instead I get to see 1-2 raids worth of alliance every time I fly into a town. Any town. There is just no way to balance it for class composition and faction numbers outside of Battlegrounds, and with no discouragement for ganking lowbies and quest npcs, its effectively destroying the game. I really love how a bunch of faggot alliance tards can bring 200 people into Tbluff to kill Cairne every three hours and rack up a ton of points to get gear that they would have no chance of getting if it required them to one group BRD/DM/ect.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

You're playing on the wrong kind of server if you wanted to do stuff by yourself etc.

The whole point of pvp servers is you're totally vulnerable to ganking retards unless you form alliances and move around in groups.

In other mmorpg's low level gankers and other retards eventually get a reputation and people will start hunting them. Not sure if that will happen in WOW since you can just dissappear into instances where you're completely safe.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

The honor system is total bs until they change dishonor to be affected by more than just killing npc's.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I have escaped to PvE, go horde!

Tauren for teh win!
Letania
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Letania »

Couple things:

Given the raw amount of stupidity contained in alliance (I am alliance) on pvp servers, the pve servers must be a field of swaying peasants yammering and waving pitchforks. It must be an absolute blast for a group of 60 horde to wade through them.

PvP servers are a bit tighter on balance, so it's not so bad. There's some smart alliance but few enough paladins that meet my expectations of actually... using dispell and healing your allies. Fuckers think they're a killing machine - no, you're just plate wearing healers with sticks. Get over it.
not having experienced the honor system, get killed as I land at Loch bloody modan.
This bothers me, as it strikes me as 100% false; Loch Modan is alliance territory, and your pvp flag clears when you get on a gryphon. You didn't land flagged - how did you die to people camping the gryph?

I had the best pvp experience EVER last night. I was crying from laughing so hard. My warrior buddy and I (I was a 50 rogue, he was a 51 war) went to hammerfall to start shit. We succeeded immensely. After some back and forth action at the gates and ambushing priests doing triage (I kind of felt bad), we left to defend Refuge Pointe from the 60s that went over. The 60s left, however, so we mount up and head back to Hammerfall. We run STRAIGHT into five horde, all mounted. 50 rogue, 42 rogue, 48 rogue, 50 hunter and 44 shaman. I turn and haul ass for obvious reasons, my crazy friend dismounts and charges the hunter. I turn around, dismount, stealth, ambush the hunter for 1000 and executed, dead. We systematically devour the five of them. Then they bind rushed us; we were next to Thundering Exiles, which is next to the RP GY. They zerged us 4 times, I died once, my buddy didn't die at all. It was absolutely glorious.

Thought I'd brighten this thread up with a GOOD PvP experience
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I can't even PvP with effectiveness due the sheer amount of alliance asscandies around. Lagoramma.... my system just can't catch up. :/
en kærlighed småkager
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

I love the new honor system, so much that I started a new char.

His name is Parts

His rank is Private.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Dregor Thule wrote:Umm.. tough shit? Did you really expect PvP to be some happy fun /duel'ing paradise?.

Well said.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

As a player from a PvE server, I think it's great. The battles are almost always evenly matched in terms of lvls and number of participants on my server. If it's a 30 against 10, I don't even bother to join. There are also some pretty large confrontations taking place on my server with around 30-40+ per side. I notice the Horde are always defending though. I would even say a large part of thier tactics center around respawning guards. Once they drive the Alliance out, they rarely, if ever attack. When they do press the advantage, they make no real ground on any Alliance town before they turn tail and run.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Midnyte is hiding his bitterness well I must admit!
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Fairweather Pure wrote:As a player from a PvE server, I think it's great. The battles are almost always evenly matched in terms of lvls and number of participants on my server. If it's a 30 against 10, I don't even bother to join. There are also some pretty large confrontations taking place on my server with around 30-40+ per side. I notice the Horde are always defending though. I would even say a large part of thier tactics center around respawning guards. Once they drive the Alliance out, they rarely, if ever attack. When they do press the advantage, they make no real ground on any Alliance town before they turn tail and run.
On Hyjal Horde rarely instigates offensive attacks against Alliance territory due to the sheer numbers that would overwhelm Horde thus making an offensive push in to a city or large town almost impossible amd a waste of time.

So we defend.
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

The best thing about GW is that you don't have to cancel a subscription when you stop playing :razz:
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Fairweather Pure wrote:As a player from a PvE server, I think it's great. The battles are almost always evenly matched in terms of lvls and number of participants on my server. If it's a 30 against 10, I don't even bother to join. There are also some pretty large confrontations taking place on my server with around 30-40+ per side. I notice the Horde are always defending though. I would even say a large part of thier tactics center around respawning guards. Once they drive the Alliance out, they rarely, if ever attack. When they do press the advantage, they make no real ground on any Alliance town before they turn tail and run.
you dont play on Whisperwind, do you?
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

you dont play on Whisperwind, do you?
Thunderhoof. I did have an alt on WW, but the server was never up, so I said fuck it. I'm pretty impressed with my server overall. Sorry to hear about all the other fucked up situations out there. I guess I got pretty lucky.
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

I play on WW and I have NEVER had problems logging in. Except for schedualed maintance.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

When is Battlegrounds coming out so I can play the game in peace again?
Diae Soulmender
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Bubba Grizz wrote:When is Battlegrounds coming out so I can play the game in peace again?
Around May 25th or so rumor has it.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Time to move the WoW Forum to Obsolete/Discontinued. Guild Wars is free if you cancel your sub to WoW as you'll be sure to be entertained for the few months it takes to make up the cost of the game in the montly fees you won't be paying. I hear switching to Guild Wars will also help your vision as you don't have to look at warped looking characters and scenery that have been known to give some wall eye vision.

Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Winnow wrote:Time to move the WoW Forum to Obsolete/Discontinued. Guild Wars is free if you cancel your sub to WoW as you'll be sure to be entertained for the few months it takes to make up the cost of the game in the montly fees you won't be paying. I hear switching to Guild Wars will also help your vision as you don't have to look at warped looking characters and scenery that have been known to give some wall eye vision.
Lookat that.. The EQ2 forum hasn't had a post in 7 days!

That forum will be leading the charge into obselete land imo.

btw - that image was evil.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Hehe, it seems like the only posts in the last 2 weeks in the WoW forum have been people bitching about the game.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

miir wrote:Hehe, it seems like the only posts in the last 2 weeks in the WoW forum have been people bitching about the game.
Not for me. I am just bitching about the people. But you do have a valid point. But then again people love to bitch pretty much about anything.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

miir wrote:Hehe, it seems like the only posts in the last 2 weeks in the WoW forum have been people bitching about the game.
People bitch about things they feel passionate for...
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote:
People bitch about things they feel passionate for...
People bitch about traffic and smelly farts. They don't want to be around them though.
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

Last post in EQ2 April 29, 2005, 5:03 pm

Go back there bitch.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

But then again people love to bitch pretty much about anything.
Heheh yeah, pretty much. :lol:

But honestly, about EQ2... there is very little to bitch about. The dev team has been really good in constantly fixing shit and tweaking skills... doing mostly small things and not overreacting on balance issues.

Blizzard seems to be taking the opposite approach.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

miir wrote:
But then again people love to bitch pretty much about anything.
Heheh yeah, pretty much. :lol:

But honestly, about EQ2... there is very little to bitch about. The dev team has been really good in constantly fixing shit and tweaking skills... doing mostly small things and not overreacting on balance issues.

Blizzard seems to be taking the opposite approach.
I guess you don't go here much?

I loved this jewel.

And before you state the lack of posts compared to WoW, think about the lack of playerbase compared to WoW. :roll:
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Sargeras wrote:I guess you don't go here much?

I loved this jewel.

And before you state the lack of posts compared to WoW, think about the lack of playerbase compared to WoW. :roll:
ROFL, look at the funny crap people whine about there...I remember the EQ1 'official' forums just before they made them totally moderated. There was 100X the bitching and whining there is in the EQ2 forums... and that was with a fraction of the playerbase of EQ2.

The link for the guy who couldn't figure out how to cancel is pretty funny...

I saw a funny thread today where people were bitching about the change to SOW making it castable on people outside of your group.. hehe

As for the number of posts, big deal. I wasn't the one who brought it up. I was just observing that the only 2 threads here in the past 2 weeks have been bich threads.

*shrug*
Is my observation incorrect?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

ROFL, it took that moron an hour to figure out how to cancel.