Post by Canelek »

There.. I am bi+lingual
Bi and lingual at the same time. Yay you! :D :lol:
en kærlighed småkager
Drasta
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drasta »

im a lefty as well .. i don't care how much it costs ... deport the fucker and build the damn ... Great Wall of the USA across the boarder
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Hmm I speak English and German, and a bit of Dutch, so i am about 2 languages ahead of the half english most Americans speak.

I find it unacceptable that you were turned down for this type of position over not speaking spanish. But of course I think we need to hasten a world language, and it is obvious that spanish is not going to win, and I need to learn Chinese.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispanic#H ... in_the_USA

If that amount of people actually did fuck off and die on fire or however you want to put it I'd wager you system would fall to pieces unless some pretty serious emergency measures were put in place.

Apart from that, the usual right wing reply to a post like this runs roughly,
"If you don't like it, find a new country to live in."

You could alternatively embrace it as an opportunity to mix with a culture outside of your own (that is in fact part of "your own" given that they also live in "your own" country) and quit whining.

I don't expect many to agree with me here, oh well, my caring is teh lots.
Toshira
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Toshira »

I'm glad you didn't get the job. You're a fucking redneck. Move to the south and marry a relative, please.

Even if we did adopt a national language, why English? Cause "most people speak it"? Funny how I don't see you championing a change to the metric system, you fucking lazy piece of shit. DO IT MY WAY MEH MEH.

Go learn another language. Don't be so proud of your monoglot heritage.
There is not enough disk space available to delete this file, please delete some files to free up disk space.
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

Toshira wrote:I'm glad you didn't get the job. You're a fucking redneck. Move to the south and marry a relative, please.

Even if we did adopt a national language, why English? Cause "most people speak it"? Funny how I don't see you championing a change to the metric system, you fucking lazy piece of shit. DO IT MY WAY MEH MEH.

Go learn another language. Don't be so proud of your monoglot heritage.
Redneck is about as far off the mark as labeling me as Straight is for you.
You can take your beatnik, sassy Queer-eye for the STraight Guy Coffee House intellectual self and swallow the barrel of a shotgun.
We DO have a national language. It is English.
We DO NOT have a national religion - thank God (no pun intended).
And since reading comprehension is obviously lacking. Last time i checked Latin and Gaelic ARE another language you moron. Now take you and your prolapsed anus for a mouth self and go learn Spanish that way you can be as totally cool as your other fab 5 friends. Go design an apartment you fucking queer.
Last edited by Sylvos on March 31, 2005, 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

Woh, burn.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

The only reason the US did not/has not converted to the metric system is that it would cost trillions of dollars to switch every industry in the US over to it. However, the metric equivalents are being added to nearly every listing on any product made here now.

I guess you choose to ignore common sense.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

toshira, what's mauve?
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

Oh, and let me add just in case English is a second language to you.
The entire post consists of me calling you an ignorant faggot. Faggot being a derogatory term in this instance and not a collection of sticks used to create a fire. ( Just in case you had to use http://www.dictionary.com to figure that out - hey it's cool this is America apparently we speak 40 languages as a our national language. It is horribly rude of me to assume that the languge our forefathers used and founded this country with and oh yeah wrote EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PIECE OF LEGISLATION WITH as not being the national languge. Sheesh what was *I* thinking??!?!?)
Not that being a homosexual by itself is a bad thing, cause I'm sure you would respond with me being intolerant. No, you're just a complete and utter faggot. There are plenty of men out there who take it in the ass and suck cock who are perfectly nice and normal people. You however, do all of the above and act like a complete idiot as well as an incredible jackass to boot. Congrats on fitting a stereotype to a T. You truely are hip and new-age with your cutting edge look on life and your completely revolutionary way of looking at things! You should move to Oregon, you would enjoy it here. You can be a complete faggot, protest the MAN and collect welfare after you get fired from whatever coffee shop you get caught taking it in the ass behind in the dumpster. I am glad there is a state that provides YOU with the opportunity to thrive as a social demagogue championing the little guy! YOU GO TOSHIRA!
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

puce too
Toshira
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Toshira »

I HAVE PEEPLE SKILLS!

Go get some food stamps and quit whining now, senor.
There is not enough disk space available to delete this file, please delete some files to free up disk space.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

just a heads up, he owns like 3 plantations in texas and his supplimental income is greater than your combined annual salary for 10 years.
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

Are you implying Sylvos is poor? Because we all know he's a Klan Leader and they get donations from the catholic church.
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

btw I work for Adobe as a result I do have a job currently. The job I went out for is one that I was doing before move to the West coat. That is a job which is slightly more technical than I am doing now. Now before you attempt to hammer out yet another witty response. First wipe your mouth, I know you only had scant seconds to wipe the ropy hot jism off your lisp and chin from YOUR latest job interview. Now think, hrm...I know you want to own me really really bad. Go ahead, there are several flames you could muster. Try bashing me using Incest - Im from the South I must fuck other family members. Oh I know, try using relgion I am Catholic, so I obviously hate queers and jews. Hrm...oh oh i know - I'm a REDNECK WHO FUCKS HIS SISTER HAHAHAH I GET IT!!!!!!
Now this is the part where I call you a faggot again, not because I can't think of anything witty to shitbomb you with but because well if the shoe fits...
Btw, I need another coffee. Black, you know how you like your men.
Go join the Peace Core.
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

I don't own a fucking plantation wish slaves ffs.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

only because slavery is illegal.. he just buys and sells illegal migrant workers. hay, maybe one of them could teach you spanish?!?
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

haha i hate you stragi.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Cues the Toshira theme music:
You came into my life
And my world never looked so bright
It's true, you bring out the best in me
When you are around
When you are around
All things just keep getting better!

The days keep getting better
Nights keep getting better

All things just keep getting better!
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

Man, I thought Tosh was gay, now I am SURE noel is gay.

Edit: Sylvos does own slaves and 3 plantations and a whipping block specifically for his favorite slave, "toby".
Sirensa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sirensa »

Norman speaks Spanish.

My opinion is that private businesses can require their employees to speak whatever languages they feel are important to the job. If their customers are spanish speaking and they want spanish speaking agents, no matter to me.

The problem in that situation was the job requiring little to no customer interaction.

While I prefer English, the United States is a 200+ year old cess-pool of immigrants. Outside of those U.S. Citizens with American Indian heritage, we're all immigrants, a few times removed. I don't have a problem with Mexicans or anyone else wanting to come to the United States, although I'd prefer the government either get on making them official citizens or find a way to tax the fuck out of them for being immigration cheaters. But that's immigration law's problem.

I don't give a fuck if this becomes a bi-lingual country as it would probably promote greater understanding & communications and less racial hatred if the pig-heads on both sides learned each other's language.

Seriously, how could you ever be giving up anything or consider yourself less of a person/citizen of the U.S. for knowing another language?
Toshira
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Toshira »

My sekrit is out! Hi Noel! Welcome to the bandwagon!
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Not really... I own that song. >< Though I guess technically since it's DRMed, it's really leased... ><
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:The only reason the US did not/has not converted to the metric system is that it would cost trillions of dollars to switch every industry in the US over to it.
Much of US industry has been slowly and quietly converting all on their own for the last 20+ years. We couldn't sell products globally otherwise, and it would be idiotic and expensive to have 2 sets of tooling. It costs overseas suppliers more to make items specifically for the US market as well, further driving up costs and making US products harder to sell both internally and externally.

No legislation was a good thing.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

My lifelong dream is to have an amazing home theater system with the speaker stands being indentured migrant workers....and a bass pond on one of Sylvos's stately cotton plantations.
en kærlighed småkager
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Well guys, it could be a lot worse. You could live up here where yesterday the Supreme Court of Canada upheld the most discriminatory language laws in the Western World.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... hub=Canada

Among other things. under Quebec law, all children who were not born to anglophone Quebecers had to be schooled in French. This even applied to children of non-French speaking immigrants. As a result of yesterday's ruling, the children of immigrants/people moving into Quebec from other parts of the country should be relaxed, but the Supreme Court still upheld that the Quebec government cant dictate to French speaking people that they cannot send their children to English schools, if they so desired.
Fortunately its only in Quebec, so the rest of Canada is spared this stupidity.

For the record I do think encouraging people to learn a second language is a good thing. I think legislating language (as Quebec does to try and save their "dying culture") is stupidity and detrimental to the region. I won't go to what I think about some of Quebec's other stunts (such as seperate immigration) or the French minority in Canada holding such a disproportionate amount of sway in the civil service and government bureaucracy up here...
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

I can't believe they rejected that. Thats just simply amazing on how stupid it is there.
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Sylvos wrote:btw I work for Adobe
Umm my wife is a Graphic artist, you have lesss thana month to "acquire" me a copy of the lastest CS2 build, or I shall be forced to give Noel and Atokal your home address!
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Kylere wrote:
Umm my wife is a Graphic artist, you have lesss thana month to "acquire" me a copy of the lastest CS2 build, or I shall be forced to give Noel and Atokal your home address!
Silly person, you cannot reach Oregon via bicycle nor llama!
en kærlighed småkager
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

I approve of this thread.
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

Canelek wrote:
Kylere wrote:
Silly person, you cannot reach Oregon via bicycle nor llama!
That made me snarf out loud.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

slave tradin' sylvos.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Among other things. under Quebec law, all children who were not born to anglophone Quebecers had to be schooled in French. This even applied to children of non-French speaking immigrants.
shrug we had to learn French or German back home, whichever we prefered. In addition to English and 2 Norwegian languages. Don't really see the big deal to be honest.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

This thread should have been titled "If you don't speak English or are Kelshara, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY COUNTRY!"
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Were you required to be fully educated in French or German? This is not talking about an elective, this is about people having no choice in what language their children are educated in. It went so far that the Quebec gov't tried to force children of British citizens working at the British consulate in Montreal to attend French-only schools... when their primary language is English. I agree with encouraging multi-lingualism but not in Quebec's laws which are not about that but about "preserving French culture and language in North America". Quite literally in some cases, the taxpayers funding the system have no choice in where their children can go to school.
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Markulas
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Markulas »

So much hate
I'm going to live forever or die trying
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Were you required to be fully educated in French or German?
6 years of classes, field trips to the country and having exchange students (short-term) from the country living with us. Learned about the history, the culture and pretty much everything along with the language. I hated it back then, I am very thankful for it now.
This thread should have been titled "If you don't speak English or are Kelshara, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY COUNTRY!"
If it was your country I'd be gone ages ago. Since most people would consider you a fucking moron I am happy to stay for a short time longer.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Ok but the next time you go do Cancun, you better fucking speak to that waiter in Spanish.
Mort
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mort »

Kylere wrote:
I work in the industry as a prepress tech, and let me assure you.....

CS stands for Crap Shoot. That is all.

/derail off
Morteus - 60 NE War - Cenarius
Warlord of <Driven>

"I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct....."
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

I AIN'T GOT TIME TO BLEED
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

YOU GOT TIME TO DUCK?
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

over here. over here

turn around
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Xzion wrote:and to hear americans say this is funny, when they go abroad and cant speak a word of any other language while acting as if there pompus and superior for doing so
First off, you're comparing tourists to people moving permanently into the US. Immigrants (legal or not) come to the US and don't bother trying to learn the language. They then expect everyone else to learn theirs because they're too fucking lazy.

I do not disagree however that American tourists are usually lazy sacks of pompous shit that do nothing but take their rude fat asses to other countries and give the whole country a bad name. But at least with these people, you can count on them going home.

I do my absolute best not to be prejudiced against any particular race, but it's really hard sometimes not to be with spanish/cuban people when this subject is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Learn the language or get the fuck out.
nobody
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by nobody »

Siji wrote:
Xzion wrote:and to hear americans say this is funny, when they go abroad and cant speak a word of any other language while acting as if there pompus and superior for doing so
First off, you're comparing tourists to people moving permanently into the US. Immigrants (legal or not) come to the US and don't bother trying to learn the language. They then expect everyone else to learn theirs because they're too fucking lazy.

I do not disagree however that American tourists are usually lazy sacks of pompous shit that do nothing but take their rude fat asses to other countries and give the whole country a bad name. But at least with these people, you can count on them going home.

I do my absolute best not to be prejudiced against any particular race, but it's really hard sometimes not to be with spanish/cuban people when this subject is one of my biggest pet peeves.

Learn the language or get the fuck out.
aye, they fucking LIVE in our country but we are assholes for not learning another language to go VACATION somewhere. :roll:
My goal is to live forever. So far so good.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

خودتان را بگای
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

I don't think so...not assholes. The problem comes when people go to another country and get upset that they don't speak their language. Those are the assholes. Like if I went to Spain and didn't know Spanish and started bitching at people for not knowing english.

Still, yeah we should make our official language English and be done with it.