Still playing?

Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Still playing?

Post by Akaran_D »

Yeap.
33 Guardian, MM
Last edited by Akaran_D on March 10, 2005, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Noep.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Chmee
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Chmee »

Yep
No nation was ever ruined by trade.

– Benjamin Franklin
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

30 Druid - abandoned to the world of "wait until they make them worth playing"

33 Paladin - Tiny god.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Never started. I think that should count as two votes.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Proctus
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Proctus »

Nein!
Proctus Armonius
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

i re-activated about a week ago... five minutes later i asked myself why did i just do that?
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

Yep

31 Warden - Saryia (Permafrost)

23 Warlock- Calirian (Permafrost)
Knibble
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Knibble »

Yep...
Demma 22 templar, Karelily 13 wizard, Knibble 9 fighter. * Blackburrow*server.
Knibble Megentlee
65 Prophet "Retired"
Keepers Of The Elements

Demma,Karelily,Knibble on Blackburrow(EQ2)
Plague of Darkness
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

Yup yup
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Too many alts.
40 Warlock, 35 berserker, 25 Templar, 24 Warden, 18 Brawler and my noob 35 provisioner.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Hehe Akaran, you die a lot... 140 deaths.. I don't think I have that many on all my characters combined.
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

Akarans a Guardian. High death total is in the job description. A group fights until he dies, then they abandon and flee. I cant count the number of times that the group "escaped" 2 seconds after I fell dead. Ive come to believe that a scout cannot use theyre escape ability until the guardian has died.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Pretty much. You also have to remember I'm one of those guys that doesn't beleive in a challenge until it makes me wipe my ass with my face, so.. single up yellow con heroic? SURE! Do insane running quests when they're read to me? Check!

Oh, and my usual two healers are a warden with a dualboxed conj and a fury. That in and of itself should tell you somthing.
You get the idea. ;)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Wardens are great healers. :shock:
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

They are.
But have you ever attempted to hold agro off of one?

Short form:
Warden/Fruy agro is not broken. Despite what Guardians have been bitching about for months now our taunts are working and W/F agro is not bugged. Once a druid type gets off say, 3 or so heals, exp if they have to be cast in a row (as with a named mob that hits for 1k+) that mob goes straight to the silly treehugger and STAYS THERE. Case in point, two weeks ago, Tallon Mystic at the mines (named mob) in Zek. Came with 3 guards. Healers put out two heals and I spam every taunt I have on the named.

Named and all of his friends go sit on my fiancee (Fury) for the durraton of the fight. She has to keep healing herself, which means that every hate spell I use does nothing. She lives - somehow - but it's dicey. Same thing happens with the warden.

Get me more than 3 mobs or 1 mob that hits for around 1k at 33ish, and it's insane.

Now, notice I said they're not broken.. according to a fairly recent post by Mooguard, the problem is that Furies and Wardens *are the only class reporting healing agro correctly* and the way that cleric / shaman types are reporting it ends up generating More agro for the tank.

/bleh
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Nah, they are gonna retune heal aggro.

As it stands now, reactive heals actually increase hate on the person who receives the heal. So Temp/Inq are off the scale for desired healers.
When they fix the reactive heals assigning hate correctly, they are going to adjust heal aggro on direct and HOTs.

What Moo said was that druids are the closest to being where they want heal aggro to be...
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

By the way, there are some really nice fighter/priest HOs that work nicely for grabbing aggro back. Just work it so that you are the one who completes them. All of the 2 step HOs can be completed in any order.

Fighter starts:
Priest advance with a heal (direct or direct+HOT, I use bloom):
Preist advance with the appropriate spell:
Fighter completes.

Loads of tasty hate for the tank.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Whcih,a tm, makes it terribly unbalancing, and makes me wonder if my taunting abiltiies need to be looked at to be sure they're doing their job.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

7!
brenen
No Stars!

Post by brenen »

Yes

Brenen 35 Templar, 48 Tailor
8 Heritage Quests Completed...
Glendon- 70 Dwarf Hunter / 355 Engineer
Fanali- 70 Dwarf Warrior / 355 Blacksmithing
Khadar Server

Brenen Lifegiver (Retired) - 70 Cleric
Luclin Server
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I have seen tanks that can hold agro and tanks that cannot hold agro. I can actually hold agro better as a Swashbuckler than a Guardian can. If a mob gets on a Mystic, I am the only one who is going to be pulling it off of them. Usually once I get the agro, I can then use an evade skill to put it onto the tank. If you are a guardian, you had best have adept 3 in each taunt skill or you are going to have major issues.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

It costs an arm and a leg to get app freaking 3 skills in some instances. Driving me batty it is.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Actually Kilmoll, in multi mob encounters, keeping aggro off a druid healer is damn near impossible.

Two of my normal groupmates are a warden and berserker (they are roomates and are usually always grouped). The berserker has a bloody awful time holding aggro when the warden is forced to be main healer.

Druid heal aggro is currently way out of whack compared to Cleric/Shaman heal aggro. Cleric reactives actually help the tank hold aggro better.

Also, the difference in the amount of hate generated from Adept1 to Adept3 taunts is negligable. Adept 1 taunts are more than adequate.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Akaran_D wrote:It costs an arm and a leg to get app freaking 3 skills in some instances. Driving me batty it is.
Harvest your ass off for t3/4 rares and find someone to make them for you. Most crafters will only charge 5-10 gold to make adept 3s if you supply the rare component.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

It is not just taunts alone that taunt a mob. If the tank has issues holding agro on multiple mobs, try casting your self buffs AFTER you pull. There are some buffs that will get the agro firmly entrenched on you and if someone is using a reactive taunt...ala swarthy distraction....then you will generate enough hate that it would take chain healing and nuking from a druid to get agro.

The one warden we do have that groups with us very rarely ever gets agro. 9 times out of 10 it is our mystic and that is mostly from casting slows.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:It is not just taunts alone that taunt a mob. If the tank has issues holding agro on multiple mobs, try casting your self buffs AFTER you pull. There are some buffs that will get the agro firmly entrenched on you and if someone is using a reactive taunt...ala swarthy distraction....then you will generate enough hate that it would take chain healing and nuking from a druid to get agro.

The one warden we do have that groups with us very rarely ever gets agro. 9 times out of 10 it is our mystic and that is mostly from casting slows.
With a Mystic warding up, the druid won't have to be healing very much.

But if a druid is main healer, when a mob peels it's damn near impossible to get it off the druid... unless they die. Spamming heals to keep yourself alive is pretty insane taunt
Sylvos
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sylvos »

miir wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:It is not just taunts alone that taunt a mob. If the tank has issues holding agro on multiple mobs, try casting your self buffs AFTER you pull. There are some buffs that will get the agro firmly entrenched on you and if someone is using a reactive taunt...ala swarthy distraction....then you will generate enough hate that it would take chain healing and nuking from a druid to get agro.

But if a druid is main healer, when a mob peels it's damn near impossible to get it off the druid... unless they die. Spamming heals to keep yourself alive is pretty insane taunt

FUK U HITLER!
Menelaos
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Menelaos »

Taunts aren't nearly as bad as everyone thinks they are. At the lower levels they aren't too effective and require you to constantly use Hold The Line to keep aggro on multiple mob encounters consistently. Honestly, I've never had aggro problems after level 20ish or so, after which I figured out my class a little better.

I don't understand the problem folks are having with keeping aggro. I hear a lot of complaints about it; maybe people are just not playing their classes properly. For one thing, it is always smart to use Hold the Line on any encounter with more than 2 mobs in it. For another, you can't just mash taunts and expect that to work. You need to mix in attacks and, if you really want to be safe, toss in your 30 second-duration AC group buff, which generates loads of hate. I played a Guardian to level 50, and honestly, I have never had these sort of problems with wardens and furies that people are describing here. The only problem I have with taunting is when an Assassin or Bruiser kick off their DPS-stances and start tearing up mobs; at these times, even with Adept 3 taunts all around, I have to taunt/attack/group buff non stop to keep aggro off them. Bruisers are honestly a little broken, in that they do over 100dps more than an assassin, making them easily the kings of melee dps. It's incredibly tough to keep tuant off bruisers who refuse to FD aggro off them because it cancels their DPS stance. Anyways I'm going off on a tangent here, hehe.

After about level 40, your taunts start to become far more effective, and you realyl sholdn't ever be losing aggro at anytime unless you are too low on power or getting lazy. After you've gotten Adept 3's on every taunt, you really are a god of aggro management. Get a manastone btw, guardians. It's truly a godsend, especially on raids. No power = no taunt.

By the way, I'm on Antonia Bayle, name's Grimror. Pretty bummed that nobody from Cestus actually really made it there; I was under the impression that all or most of Cestus that was going to play eq2 would be on that server. Only Tehom and I there, and Tehom is pretty casual.

P.S. The key to keeping taunt is getting it from the get-go and keep building it. I pretty much start it off with 3 taunts, then I alternate taunts and my biggest attacks(which also all have debuff elements in them, like slows power drans and knockdowns).

P.P.S Wardens are the best healers in the game by far; largest and fastest-casting heals.
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

Still playing.

Some nights I wonder why I do, other nights I wonder why I wonder why...

I can draw agro usually if I want when grouping with 40+ tanks but then thats the fun part of being a dps class... learning when to ease off that throttle. :D
Hooray Beer!
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Men: That's pretty much what I do. I pull with surpress when I can, then its Shouting Cry. Then I mix in Taunting Challenge + group buffs as needed.. I haven't used hold the line since it grey'd out tho, I'll give it a try next time I run into a problem.

Biggest problem I have right now is that I cannot find people selling my app4's or adept 1's. As for farming the shit out of tier 3 and 4 rares, I just don't have the time to invest into somthing like that.
Erolz NTurnet
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Erolz NTurnet »

Have you tried joining your citys crafting channel and asking in there? This has been my most reliable method when I've needed things crafted in a timely manner and couldn't find any friends online.

Harvesting rares is no fun. :( I know it's more luck but I've seen more rares drop off mobs than I have from harvesting the wood/ore for DWB and trying to get my hands on a severed fir.
Last edited by Erolz NTurnet on March 10, 2005, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hooray Beer!
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

No, but I'll give it a try tonight.
Lynnsie
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynnsie »

miir wrote:

They honestly should make Subterfuge a shorter recast time. That spell always worked well for my warden. There wasn't a cleric/shaman that I wasn't out healing, and if you can place your heals right and use HO's then you can really lessen the heal aggro on yourself.
IeailandDokktur
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by IeailandDokktur »

10 priest = $
Menelaos
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Menelaos »

Harvesting is the suck :( Was a godsend when they started putting them on mobs. We keep all raid mobs dead, and they almost always drop 1-3 tier 5 rares, so that helps a lot.
Owenn
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Owenn »

Still playing....

Owenn
42 Mystic
Bojangels
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bojangels »

still play. 38 inq guk server
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

Xzion, 44 berserker on neriak server
still playing, ever since i hit 42 ive been having a lot more fun with the game..
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
Robbynn
No Stars!

Post by Robbynn »

Still playing.

Vixana - 41 Dirge *Main*
Mariska - 37 Zerker (47 provisioner)
Rayne - 17 Druid (38 woodworker)
Kithicor server
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

No
Cali
No Stars!

Post by Cali »

Been playing about a month. So far I am having a ton of fun!

Decided to wander over here and find out who else is playing.

So, um, yeah, gonna just /lurk!
~Calimayrn, 16 Erudite Crusader on Guk
~Calimaryn, 60 Troll Priestess and collector of pets on Cenarius
Formerly:
~Calimayrn Anam'Cara the Cookie Cleric
Owenn
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Owenn »

Hey, Cali.

You may remember me from Farstorm.

I play over on Befallen.

Occasionnally I see Nneena online and we always say hey to one another.

Good to see another familiar name.

Owenn
50 Mystic
Legenae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Legenae »

I , too, am wondering if anyone is still playing. I've downloaded the trial and was playing around with it for a bit. Seems fun enough. How is the game for casual play? (I don't have a whole lot of free time to plunk my ass down and play for several hours each day)
Dondo
No Stars!

Post by Dondo »

I'd say its ideal for casual gaming at this point.
I burned through the levels and hit 50 only to discover that there was little high end content to keep me interested. By the time you hit the cap the expansion will be around and it will probably be a lot better for the high levels.
<B>Dondo</B>
Owenn
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Owenn »

New expansion comes out in Septemer.

An adventure pack comes out today that gives some new content and some nice looking stuff at that. It will supposedly scale to your level. I haven't really looked at it much, been raiding and what not.

It is very geared towards the casual player almost to the detriment of the game, really. They have changed so much content when I leveled up from group encounters to having tons of solo encounters. You can level up very high without even grouping.

Eh, thats all I can say about it, really. I still enjoy it and it looks like the new expansion will add some really nice stuff.
smuggler
No Stars!

Post by smuggler »

hmm... I bought the software, and for some reason... Sony activated my free month w/o a creditcard for subscription...

I ended up never subscribing, though I did enjoy it while I played.
Drauken, the Silent MNK, Veeshan Server
Proxy Connection ROG, Bertox Server
Teldu Tenou SHM, Druzzil Ro Server
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

i stopped playin but logged on yesterday for a little while to look at teh new stuff... seems ok but eq1 still a better game. just not as purdy.

Gorr Greyybeard mistmoore. 33 guardian
Sick Balls!
Owenn
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Owenn »

Everyone in my guild is crazy about the new Adventure Pack, The Splitpaw Saga. If you are not 50 yet, you can zone into here once you've completed a couple of quests and make serious cash and XP.

You can also make some good cash as a level 50, but the zone scales to you or your group's level so the reward and/or difficulty can be as hard as you want it. Master I spells are dropping at a very high rate for these types of encounters.

Check it out if you are interested.

Owenn
50 Mystic
<Fallen>
Befallen Server
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Not in months
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson