What do you think about the world?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

United States now targetting Teeny

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/03 ... index.html
BELFAST, Northern Ireland (Reuters) -- The United States has demanded that the IRA disband after the guerrilla group's astonishing offer to shoot the killers of a murdered Northern Ireland Catholic man.

"It's time for the IRA to go out of business," U.S. special envoy Mitchell Reiss said Wednesday.

For the IRA's political ally Sinn Fein, Northern Ireland's biggest Irish nationalist party, the U.S. demand was yet another blow to its democratic credentials.

Reiss told BBC radio: "It's time for Sinn Fein to be able to say explicitly, without ambiguity, without ambivalence, that criminality will not be tolerated.

"You can't sign up for the rule of law a la carte."

The IRA's offer -- also condemned by London and Dublin -- handed fresh ammunition to Protestant rivals who say Sinn Fein is not fit for government until the Irish Republican Army disarms and disbands.

The killing of Robert McCartney by a gang including IRA members has plunged the IRA and Sinn Fein into crisis -- coming just weeks after the guerrilla group was blamed for a £26.5 million ($50 million) bank raid in central Belfast.

London and Dublin say there can be no progress on restoring the British-ruled province's regional government -- set up under a 1998 peace deal to share power between divided Protestants and Catholics -- until the issue of IRA criminality is resolved.

Home rule was suspended in 2002 when unionists, who support ties to Britain, said they would no longer sit in government with Sinn Fein until the IRA got rid of the weapons which sustained its three-decade campaign against British rule.

"It is their declared intent to murder," said hardline Democratic Unionist Party leader Ian Paisley in response to the IRA move. "The Sinn Fein/IRA commitment to terror and criminality is total."

Bar fight
McCartney, a 33-year-old forklift truck driver, was beaten and stabbed to death in a bar fight at the end of January.

His family, who hail from a working class Catholic district considered an IRA heartland, have mounted a vociferous campaign for the killers to be brought to justice, accusing the IRA of intimidating witnesses and cleaning the bar of evidence.

The United States has already signaled its displeasure with the political stagnation in the province by failing to invite the leaders of Sinn Fein and the other Northern Ireland political parties to the White House for St. Patrick's Day celebrations this month.

In a statement released on Tuesday, the IRA said it had held a five-and-a-half hour meeting with the dead man's sisters and fiancee, during which it "stated in clear terms that the IRA was prepared to shoot the people directly involved."

The family rejected the offer, saying they wanted the killers brought to court.

The IRA did not spell out whether it intended to kill or wound the suspects, but Northern Ireland's police chief Hugh Orde said he had no doubt the offer was to assassinate them.

"We are not in the business of applauding or being impressed by illegal organizations' statements," he told the BBC.

"We have to remember that it was IRA members who killed Mr. McCartney, it was IRA members who destroyed the evidence and it was IRA members who threatened and intimidated the witnesses
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

One thing that I missed in the article.. was the guy killed by IRA members and they're offering to shoot their own people that did it?
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Brotha
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Brotha »

Akaran_D wrote:One thing that I missed in the article.. was the guy killed by IRA members and they're offering to shoot their own people that did it?
Yes, it looks like it.

If you want more info: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/nort ... 332747.stm
Freedom of speech makes it much easier to spot the idiots.
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

What? I thought there was already a cease fire for a while...
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

So a terrorist group is offering to kill one of their own members for violting the laws of a country they're being, well, terrorists in?

Is this really news?
Brotha
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Brotha »

Akaran_D wrote:Is this really news?
When you look at how anti-death penalty Europe (and I include the UK in that) is, I guess so.
Freedom of speech makes it much easier to spot the idiots.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

ah.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

So if its not Americans getting shot or doing the shooting its not news to you guys?

For the record, I applaud your government for condemning the IRA: they are terrorists, just as Hezbollah or Al'Qaeda are, they just have different targets. This is long overdue. And lest Teeny go on a rampage, I feel the same way about the protestant counter groups. There will be no true peace or economic recovery in Northern Ireland until all those bastards are out of business. The cycle of killing and revenge has to stop, and it was never going to as long as the US gov't turned a blind eye (and didn't worry about IRA fundraising in the Irish communities of Boston and other New England enclaves who think they are supporting a bid for "freedom").
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

In other news...
Huge Oil Reserve Discovered under Northern Ireland
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Ironically enough, IRA is mostly funded by Americans...
Aruman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Aruman »

Winnow wrote:In other news...
/drool... We aren't invading yet? Time's a wastin'!
"Or else... what?"

"Or else, We will be very, very angry with you, and we will write you a letter telling you how angry we are..."

Numb Nuts: How is 2300 > 23000?

kyoukan: It's not?
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Winnow wrote:
In other news...

Quote:

/drool... We aren't invading yet? Time's a wastin'!
Aha! I knew it! Finally, after long years of arguing and frothing at the mouth, we have proof that you are, in fact, an aggressive and bloodthirsty drooler!
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

I would have to imagine this came about as a result of the Bush Corp's rescent interaction with Euro leaders. Its good to pressure the IRA into shutting down. I don't think anyone can argue against that. The only problem I forsee in this is it is yet another theatre of operations that our already overextended assets are going to be involved in. I would have to believe that if it were a simple task to end this BS, it would have been done long ago by local interested nations. Unless W plans on putting the clamps on the people stateside who are backing those groups (and Israeli prescedent suggest he won't) I doubt any real headway will be made into the issue, however.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Here's the deal.

Drunken brawl gets out of hand. 2 IRA men kill a man (thug dickhead who started a fight) then threaten everyone in the bar not to go to the police with evidence or suspicion, steals the CCTV tape and run away.

Sisters of murdered man use media to Nth degree to highlight "IRA criminality".
Even though it was just a stupid bar brawl that got out of hand (which happens every fucking night in the world).

IRA state that it was nothing to do with their organisation (which is a Freedom fighting organisation that has stopped being anywhere NEAR as violent as the Protestant UVF and UDA factions) and the acts of single men, who while being known IRA members, are also nutters.

(These lunatics are on both sides, and hold connections in paramilitary ranks because they tend to have FUCK ALL else in life due to this shitty country being shitty)
They are generally the most stupid braindead morons you will ever meet.

This is not necessarily who the IRA or UVF or UDA actually ARE or represent in the actual paramilitary sense, these are the leeches, the wannabes, the alchoholics, the deadbeats with nothing else but a bit of drug dealing to go on.

IRA leadership releases a statement to the effect of "we found out who did it, we think it is disgraceful and we will deal with them if you want us to via the gun, or we can hand them over".

Media fixates on the "deal with it via shooting" clause of the statement and ignores the rest of the story because there is a huge move by the British government and the PSNI (Police) to fuck the IRA over because they have recently:

A. Recieved huge amounts of support in their political wing (Sinn Fein) throughout Ireland, mainly due to being relatively sensible reasonable politicians who do not fill you with complete shit like the British or Protestant ones.

(Fastest and biggest rising party in the country - for good reason, they actually give a fuck about the country!)

B. The police have been unable to PUBLICALLY state who actually carried out the huge Bank robbery that happened here over Christmas, so they have been blaming the IRA even when evidence to suggest the POLICE where involved has already been FOUND and BURIED under further accusatory "guilty until proven innocent" cover up bullllllllshit.

C. Sinn Fein and the IRA consistently point out the massive hypocrisy of the British government and are a huge thorn in their side, even though they have been on a ceasefire for almost a decade (something the Protestant Pro Great Britain factions (UVF and UDA) have failed to keep to - in fact expanding their horrific operations while the government sits and does FUCK ALL).

This is obviously not convenient for the British government who simply cannot look like they allow "terrorism" (which is entirely relative) in their own backyard. Which they do and have. Only the IRA is the most well known and cannot fail to be ignored because of their infamy.

The whole story has taken on such a spin in the last few weeks it worries me more than I have been almost in a decade about the situation here.
The IRA have their backs to the wall, while more deviant organisations with no desire to achieve democracy (Which the IRA have shown time and again in the last several years) are allowed to run rampant.

It is blatant hypocrisy and I find it laughable that the US assumes it will be able to make the IRA disband, it's like telling the USA to start doing what Syria tells it to, its just plain fucking not going to happen. What a joke. :roll:

I think all of them are a pile of retarded wankers, and get no support from me, but the real fuckers in this situation are the politicians, the police and the media.

Not the IRA, as a seriously dormant "paramilitary" organisation.

Sadly, the facts of the matter are not told, even in this shimmering beacon of democracy we call Ireland.

This one made me laugh:
It's time for the IRA to go out of business
Naive motherfucker.
It's time for Sinn Fein to be able to say explicitly, without ambiguity, without ambivalence, that criminality will not be tolerated
Um....it's all they have been saying for months, almost daily. On TV. On radio etc.

who the fuck is this clueless moron?

I broke my no posting rule so people have some idea of what is ACTUALLY happening in this hellhole instead of what the bullshit media likes to portray as the case.
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

Teeny, from one Irishman to another.. I :<3: you man..
Timmah.

Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

:D
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Thanks Teeny!
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Teenybloke wrote:Here's the deal.

Drunken brawl gets out of hand. 2 IRA men kill a man (thug dickhead who started a fight) then threaten everyone in the bar not to go to the police with evidence or suspicion, steals the CCTV tape and run away.

Sisters of murdered man use media to Nth degree to highlight "IRA criminality".
Even though it was just a stupid bar brawl that got out of hand (which happens every fucking night in the world).

IRA state that it was nothing to do with their organisation (which is a Freedom fighting organisation that has stopped being anywhere NEAR as violent as the Protestant UVF and UDA factions) and the acts of single men, who while being known IRA members, are also nutters.

(These lunatics are on both sides, and hold connections in paramilitary ranks because they tend to have FUCK ALL else in life due to this shitty country being shitty)
They are generally the most stupid braindead morons you will ever meet.

This is not necessarily who the IRA or UVF or UDA actually ARE or represent in the actual paramilitary sense, these are the leeches, the wannabes, the alchoholics, the deadbeats with nothing else but a bit of drug dealing to go on.

IRA leadership releases a statement to the effect of "we found out who did it, we think it is disgraceful and we will deal with them if you want us to via the gun, or we can hand them over".

Media fixates on the "deal with it via shooting" clause of the statement and ignores the rest of the story because there is a huge move by the British government and the PSNI (Police) to fuck the IRA over because they have recently:

A. Recieved huge amounts of support in their political wing (Sinn Fein) throughout Ireland, mainly due to being relatively sensible reasonable politicians who do not fill you with complete shit like the British or Protestant ones.

(Fastest and biggest rising party in the country - for good reason, they actually give a fuck about the country!)

B. The police have been unable to PUBLICALLY state who actually carried out the huge Bank robbery that happened here over Christmas, so they have been blaming the IRA even when evidence to suggest the POLICE where involved has already been FOUND and BURIED under further accusatory "guilty until proven innocent" cover up bullllllllshit.

C. Sinn Fein and the IRA consistently point out the massive hypocrisy of the British government and are a huge thorn in their side, even though they have been on a ceasefire for almost a decade (something the Protestant Pro Great Britain factions (UVF and UDA) have failed to keep to - in fact expanding their horrific operations while the government sits and does FUCK ALL).

This is obviously not convenient for the British government who simply cannot look like they allow "terrorism" (which is entirely relative) in their own backyard. Which they do and have. Only the IRA is the most well known and cannot fail to be ignored because of their infamy.

The whole story has taken on such a spin in the last few weeks it worries me more than I have been almost in a decade about the situation here.
The IRA have their backs to the wall, while more deviant organisations with no desire to achieve democracy (Which the IRA have shown time and again in the last several years) are allowed to run rampant.

It is blatant hypocrisy and I find it laughable that the US assumes it will be able to make the IRA disband, it's like telling the USA to start doing what Syria tells it to, its just plain fucking not going to happen. What a joke. :roll:

I think all of them are a pile of retarded wankers, and get no support from me, but the real fuckers in this situation are the politicians, the police and the media.

Not the IRA, as a seriously dormant "paramilitary" organisation.

Sadly, the facts of the matter are not told, even in this shimmering beacon of democracy we call Ireland.

This one made me laugh:
It's time for the IRA to go out of business
Naive motherfucker.
It's time for Sinn Fein to be able to say explicitly, without ambiguity, without ambivalence, that criminality will not be tolerated
Um....it's all they have been saying for months, almost daily. On TV. On radio etc.

who the fuck is this clueless moron?

I broke my no posting rule so people have some idea of what is ACTUALLY happening in this hellhole instead of what the bullshit media likes to portray as the case.
So the media highlights the negatives and help portray certain groups as things they aren't. And you shouldn't go off based on what the media is portraying, but you should know the whole story first? Hmmm. Interesting.
Last edited by Midnyte_Ragebringer on March 10, 2005, 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

Gotta love this world..ehem..
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.