When you retired from EQ1; did you...

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.

Did you do anything special when you retired your EQ account?

No, I just never logged back on.
43%
No, however I knew it was the last time I'd be logging on (probably.)
19%
Yes, I said my goodbyes and camped my char in a zone special to me.
33%
Other (possibly in a death chain if someone were to ever log your char back in again or something.)
6%

Total votes: 54

Tinkin Tankem
Gets Around
Gets Around

When you retired from EQ1; did you...

Post by Tinkin Tankem »

I realized that some people may done some special things the last time they camped in EQ_01, when they officially or un-officially retired their chars. Just curious as to what all people did to make it their last time logged in. Personally I just stopped logging in, I think Tink is in like Iceclad camping stormfeather cause yes, I was that bored.
Thinking of something new!
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

Tenuvil lived in a farmhouse in West Commonlands. When he was logged for the last time he was camped out in a house near the inn.
Nilaman
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Nilaman »

Purchased WoW.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I have no clue where Winnow is camped...probably some freakshow zone in GoD.

If I knew I was logging out for the last time, I probably would have logged out in the Plane of Time. It's a peaceful and pretty place. If not there, probably near the shaman guild In Halas where Winnow popped into the world the first time. The last place I'd consider would be the barbarian fishing village in West Karana. It was Winnow's first discovery and the beginning of a long wonderful adventure beyond the Qeynos Hills.

First, I'd probably go have a drink with whoever wanted to join me at the Tiger's Roar Inn at Highhold Pass : )
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Logged in PoK because I about once every couple months login to say hi -- until my subscription expires.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

I just quit logging in until I had to log in one night to give some stuff to some guildmates that helped me obtain it. After that, never again.

PoTranq. Akaran finially got some rest at last.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Ajran
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Ajran »

I think me, sintyl my cleric and shaman are all camped out at the wall in wall of slaughter..just logged out.. knew we were never logging back in..

and we just didn't care where we ended up as long as we never logged in again.
Talelor
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Talelor »

Actually, Probally camped in Nexus myself. Not exactly sure, Haven't had the urge to log in since... *shrug*
Talelor Boreland
* Veeshan Retired *
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

All my chars are wherever I happened to log them out last, got pissed off a final time and never logged in again.

Bst is in FG, chanter's in PoK, bard and cleric are in hates fury (iirc). Probably should have gave my pp away, think I had about 60k when I quit.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
sweetkastings
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sweetkastings »

I quit, but my character still lives. But when my friend does his final camp for me i want it to be at the floating sword in VT.
L33t mage of veeshan
Legacy of Virtues gimp
Complete idiot
(o'.')--o(-_-)TKO!!!
Sweet's Shizzle
Mag65.36/Ve Rh 1683hp 4832m ft5 r3 G++G<3 e++ p- D+ O+++ !T L- !H F++ G++ B++ t++++ Dm+ X++
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

I just stopped logging on, however I think I did log off at the court of pain, not sure.
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

I selected Other.

The last time I logged in I finally used my Book of Discord. An item I kept in bank since the birth of my character. 4 years plus of collecting dust. On that last day I used that book and turned PvP.

My name looked pretty in red.
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Rivera Bladestrike »

The first time I quit with Rivera, I said my goodbyes gave my stuff to a dear friend and then logged off in tears.

The second time I quit, with Shiezer this time, I logged off uneventfully and gave my account to Aaeamdar.

With Rivera, the world was amazing, I had instilled my personality into that character and I loved playing as the barbarian warrior raid leader. Being main tank and leading my friends to riches.

I probably should have camped him in a memorable place, like Kael my favorite zone, or the Everfrost, the place where the magic began. But I logged off in the Bazaar, yay.

With Shiezer, I was some shitty rogue that I inherited from my brother, I worked him up, but he was never fun to play. My personality is to be in the front lines and kick ass. As a rogue, that role was completely reversed and was so boring to me to just sit in the back and backstab. I had more fun doing DKP stuff than actually playing the game. That and my guild was doing VT, which was boring as shit. So I logged off, without caring really.
My name is (removed to protect dolphinlovers)

Rivera / Shiezer - EQ (Retired)

What I Am Listening To
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Homercles wrote:I selected Other.

The last time I logged in I finally used my Book of Discord. An item I kept in bank since the birth of my character. 4 years plus of collecting dust. On that last day I used that book and turned PvP.

My name looked pretty in red.
Amongst all the mundane drivel that's actually a pretty good one... tho I think he would have just given you a book to use!
Damiarch
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Damiarch »

I have no idea where I logged out but, I logged out like any other day. The next day I went out and bought WoW, and never logged in EQ again.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

not really sure where I camped out for the last time. Probably Lesser Faydark just simply cause I probably gated out from a raid.
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

Gilthanus and I rapped in PoK for about 5 mins or so. About fiends dieing and shit. Logged off that night and never logged back on.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Erp, all the ghosts of our characters forever wandering EQ1's Norrath....that' s a bit weird
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Made arrangements to sell the character to a friend, then did Ring of Vulak with Hooac the day before the sale, just to see it once. I think I logged out in my favorite hiding spot in Lguk (the pit before lord room), if memory serves. I really didn't want to sell it, but it was worth the money for my friend to have the character just to see the KOE goobers freak out when "Jice" started bitching over their guildchat.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

I quit a month or so before my subscription ended, never planning on logging in again. When EQII was down that weekend I thought I'd go have some fun and run around Seb with Zygar where I spent most of lvl 50-60. Seb Guardian was up and lo and behold he had a lammy. I figured what the hell, let's get it on. Used every skill I had, killed him, got lammy and trained exit. Got out with 1 percent life left. Sighed, smiled, waved goodbye and camped out on top of the bubble thingy. Not a bad way to end EQ1. <sniff>
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro