Camp Spots

Rayquan
Gets Around
Gets Around

Camp Spots

Post by Rayquan »

One thing i miss about EQ1 (im retired) is all the fun i had in the zones with the many camp spots. Even when i was a noob, u had EC and etc, full of spots like the orc camps, the inns, the tunnel, etc. And then even further down the line all the way to the 50's , KC, DL, etc (im a kunark/velious junkie)

Does EQ2 give this same feeling? I cant get into a game, example, FFXI, that has no real camp spots, where all u do is wander around a zone, killing mindless creatures, barely ever comming in contact with a person, or a group of people. I know further down the line, like at lvl 10-15 in FFXI u start to see a little of that, but just not enough, not compared to EQ1.

Anyway, i miss that feeling most of all, trains, named mobs in camp spots.. etc.
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

You'd like OOW then ... lots of trains and such. Been a while but people are still assholes and don't announce them.
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Rayquan
Gets Around
Gets Around

well

Post by Rayquan »

well i might give EQ1 another try if EQ2 is a dissapointment, i havent bought OOW yet, but i had GoD.
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but there will be no "camping" in EQ2 as mob spawn points are dynamic?
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Mostly, it seems to be pretty dynamic. There are 'camps' of mobs, and they wil responaw there, but it's not in your best interests to just grind out.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

After waiting in line at EB last night like a complete and total EQ dork, by the time I got all 9 CD's loaded in (because they didn't get in the DVD version yet) I had about 30 minutes to play, so I haven't gotten to explore yet.

First impression.......no lag, great UI, I can't wait to play more. They did an excellent job stealing from WoW and other 2nd generation MMO's.
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:...by the time I got all 9 CD's loaded in...
wtf
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Tenuvil wrote:
Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:...by the time I got all 9 CD's loaded in...
wtf
700 hours of voice overs!
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

Yeah, the install alone took me 45 minutes, getting my accounts activated another 15ish, they were having billing lag. I'm going to double check my statement when I get it next month too, heh.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Anyone know if beta players can just get a patch update if they buy the game and get a registration code?

It would be a shame to waste all of those mega downloads during beta.
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

Winnow wrote:Anyone know if beta players can just get a patch update if they buy the game and get a registration code?

It would be a shame to waste all of those mega downloads during beta.
Dunno about EQ2 but SWG would not allow a beta participant to patch up to the release version. They want to sell those boxes!
Shanter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Shanter »

I waited today and got the DVDs, only 2 of them sucka :D
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Shanter wrote:I waited today and got the DVDs, only 2 of them sucka :D
LOL

I know. I pre-order the DVD's, but I just couldn't walk away from having the game on day one. It's a sickness. I need help. MARBUS HELP ME!!!!
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

I'm waiting until later this week, won't have the time to play much yet anyway, I just hope my PC can handle the graphics (XP2400+, 512 and a Ti4200) hopefully it will at least eek by until I can upgrade as I can go to a 3000+ by just getting a new processor.

I guess I'll head to MM as well... never liked that place personally but maybe the server will be different :)

Midnyte I wouldn't call it a disease, just excitement :) and everyone diserves a little of that once and a while, it's good to geek out every now and then!

Marb
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

Marbus wrote:I'm waiting until later this week, won't have the time to play much yet anyway, I just hope my PC can handle the graphics (XP2400+, 512 and a Ti4200) hopefully it will at least eek by until I can upgrade as I can go to a 3000+ by just getting a new processor.
your video card and ram would be better upgrade candidates than your CPU
Llaffer
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Llaffer »

My pre-order turned into a Back-order, so I cancelled it, went to best buy, bought it for $40 (saved a total of $20 including over night shipping).

DVD version - would have sucked to load 9CDs
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:After waiting in line at EB last night like a complete and total EQ dork, by the time I got all 9 CD's loaded in (because they didn't get in the DVD version yet) I had about 30 minutes to play, so I haven't gotten to explore yet.

First impression.......no lag, great UI, I can't wait to play more. They did an excellent job stealing from WoW and other 2nd generation MMO's.
Great UI? You must be smoking something....
miir and I are best friends. <3
Sajko
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sajko »

Naw, there's a lot of 'camp spots'. Had a group of Swedes today owning the sunken city, just walking between 2 rooms or so, clearing the 'camp spots' over and over. Very much like EQ1.

Oh and the UI is actually pretty good.
High Chancellor of Burundi for Bleached Fish, Busty Blondes and the Word \"Bork\"