HID conversion kit

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

HID conversion kit

Post by Funkmasterr »

I have a question to anyone who might know/ or have experience with HID lighting. these are the lights im thinking of getting

HID conversion

My question is; I have heard that some cars have problems with the housing being damaged by the heat these lights produce. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this, and if so- did you find a way you could fix the problem? thanks ahead of time for any advice , funkmasterr
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Dude nothing personal but I hate these things, most of them are installed by dumbasses who point them straight forward since they have no idea how to aim headlights, and they blind other drivers all the time.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I know, and agree. I also have levels set into my lighting so that I can adjust them with a little knob and see when they are level and set them where I want from there
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Do one better and put them in your rear window pointing backwards.. that way if someone tailgates you, just flip on the HIDs.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

As I'm sure you know, those are NOT true HID lighting. HID arc lamps are very expensive, and so are the ballasts that are used to power them. As of right now, I don't think anyone makes a kit besides Sylvania, that is a true HID system.

The system shown in that action is for a current duplicator and a double filament lamp. In other words, it will have your high beams on thru a blue tinted lamp....not a true HID system. Just really bright, and annoying. The really bright part being the 140w...and yes, that will produce an extreme amount of heat, since most headlights on normal beam are 55/65w, and high beam around 85w. So, you figure it out, your regular beams will be twice as hot as normal...housings may not be rated for that.

True HID systems are not "bright", they are white. Hence, you usually onlyl see a whiter headlight, not a brighter one.

Don't waste the $70, and the time to install. If you want the HID look, go to a auto store and buy some Sylvania "Silverstar" lamps for your car. They are not "brighter", they are different Kelvin rating...ie, whiter than stock halogen. Hence their price of about $20 a lamp.

Don't be that guy, yo.

Edit: I forgot to mention, unless it is a system for $700++, then it is a fake system like this one. The true HID system is very parts expensive. And lastly, if it comes with "halogen" lamps...then it is not high intensity discharge system. HID systems are like fluorescent lamps, where there is an arc flash at such a high frequency, it produces a steady stream of light to the naked eye...atleast that is how I think it works...
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

That is kind of what I thought, the others I had found were around 500 dollars, and then I found this one.. was kind of wondering the difference. thanks for the info though.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

WE DO NOT SHIP TO CANADA, GUAM OR OVERSEAS !!!
I don't see how you can trust those people!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
beasted
No Stars!

Post by beasted »

everything Kluden said is true, except for two things. it is possible to get them for less than $700, and sylvania is not the only company that produces (true) HID setups.

bottom line being that when it comes to car products, you get what you pay for.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Aslanna wrote:
WE DO NOT SHIP TO CANADA, GUAM OR OVERSEAS !!!
I don't see how you can trust those people!
Who, Canadians or Guamians?
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

What's that for? Just for making your headlights brighter? Or is it some like super leet pimp mod that I am unaware of?
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

They don't actually make your lights brighter, what they do is use a light that is much higher on the spectrum, so it is a true bright white, and looks bluish from certain angles. You see them stock on a lot of newer luxury cars.