Who was Nick Berg?

What do you think about the world?
emmer
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Who was Nick Berg?

Post by emmer »

Okay, everyone knows about the gruesome beheading of Nick Berg, the American from Philadelphia who was kidnapped while supposedly looking for work in Iraq. What you may not know is that he had at least one previous run in with a colleague of the infamous Zacarias Moussaoui of Al Qaeda fame, in which he gave him his email account information while sitting next to him on a bus. Moussaoui, the suspected Al Qaeda member who trained went to flight school here with the rest of the hijackers but was arrested and in custody during 9/11, personally used Berg's account to communicate.

More information about the story can be found in this article.

Now I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but something is not right here. I mean, what are the odds that a man is going to randomly meet a member of a Al Qaeda terrorist cell here while sitting on a bus, and just decide to give this person his email account info, then later up and decide to go to Iraq to "look for work" (because we all know how great the job market is for Americans in Iraq right now), and ultimately get beheaded by the same underground faction of terrorists he had met by chance before? So who was this guy? A terrorist wannabe? A spook?

What do you think?
Last edited by emmer on May 15, 2004, 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Thanks for linking that. For certain, something stinks.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
emmer
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by emmer »

...and just to add to the pile of bizarre circumstantial happenings to this guy, earlier he was arrested by local Iraqi police on suspicion of being a spy.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

So he's sort of like the Oswald of Iraq? I potentally treasonous person, kinda stupid, that was lured to Iraq by Al Qaeda and then beheaded instead of recruited because it was more useful than him spying?

I didn't read the article!
Mplor
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Mplor »

Mossad?
The Boney King of Nowhere.
Neost
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: neost
Wii Friend Code: neost

Post by Neost »

Mossad isn't that amateurish if half of the tales about them are true.

EDIT: Decided to do some reading on the Mossad from what is available on the internet and have come to the conclusion that their rep is tarnished somewhat. Apparently the take over of Mossad operations by career military has taken some of the flare away from their operations, as well as intelligence.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

so the Mossad now have less than the 15 required pieces of flair?
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Can we talk about something else? I don't like to talk about my flare.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Mossad isn't as great as their reputation. They have a lot of sloppy agents and have been caught all the time in places and doing things they're not supposed to be doing. Of course they have more opportunities of being caught since Israel can't fucking leave anyone alone and extensively spies on and interferes with practically every country in the UN.

The real hardcore badasses in Israeli intelligence and counter-intelligence are Shin Bet. They would be roughly equivalen to the secret service as far as duties go, but are a lot more involved in spying.

I doubt Berg is either, however I wouldn't put it passed that he is some form of spook for the US. I mean it is one thing to travel to foreign and even third world countries to try and sell them wireless phones, but he has been to practically every hot spot in the last decade or so. The first option is he is some kind of agent, the second is that he is a complete fucking moron who wanted to die.
Mplor
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Mplor »

As I recall, Mossad had agents in the US actively tracking some 9/11 hijackers, though they didn't know exactly what they were up to. Berg's encounter on the bus reminds me of that for some reason. *shrug*
The Boney King of Nowhere.
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

I have been seeing little tidbits here and there on Berg and I agree that something is fishy here. I personally think the guy was probably a moronic wannabe like that shoe bomber moron. He was probably doing something very low level and his usefulness ran out as a spy or supporter. I think once a little more news comes out, the view on him will be pretty different.
Deward
Arilain
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Arilain »

What I have to ask is why an American Jew would be carrying the Koran? Also he had no intention of leaving Iraq after he was detained by Iraqi police for carrying suspicious material. Personally what I think sealed his fate was the stamp from Israel on his passport. If he wasn't working undercover then the guy sadly was an idiot.

Arilain
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

Arilain wrote:What I have to ask is why an American Jew would be carrying the Koran? Also he had no intention of leaving Iraq after he was detained by Iraqi police for carrying suspicious material. Personally what I think sealed his fate was the stamp from Israel on his passport. If he wasn't working undercover then the guy sadly was an idiot.
If he was working undercover, he was a bigger one...

I figure odds are he was detained by Iraqi police they saw his passport and that was leaked to the extremists or was noticed by a plant on the police force...

And of course the US Gov arranged for him to be released and I'm sure it was clear to the Iraqis that this guy was an annoyance to the US folks hence wouldn't receive protection an thus made an easy target...
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Adelrune Argenti »

Hmmm, how many of us would give someone we met on a bus our email password? I have heard of dumb end users but this is a bit hard to believe.
Adelrune Argenti
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

http://www.holocausthumanity.com/forum/ ... owtopic=32

Fun little conspiricy that points out some interesting flaws and coincidents with Berg and the beheading. Things that make you go hmmm.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Classic response on that thread...
fucking conspiricy idiots
u should be killed as well as all other fucking terroist
Surprised he didn't have an icon of a rebel flag with two guns crossed infront of it.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Good one Arborealus. I'll look that over after I get back from work. I believe there is definatley more to the story than what we are being led to believe.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Call me a nut, but the first thing i thought when the whole berg beheading broke was "I bet this was our people who killed him" and all the stuff pointed out in that thread makes me laugh, because I caught some of that too. As for why he was killed, I think its fairly obvious that he was connected to the arab underground, perhaps with or without sanction of our government and it was time to cut a loose end. I wish I lived in a country where the prospect of our own people carrying out a staged killing didn't seem plausable, but we have been lied to a lot lately.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

It was the Israelis!
Arborealus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Arborealus »

Latest intelligence confirms ths Drolgin was to blame!

I frankly think the speculation will remain just that largely...I would wager we won't know what the truth of it is...
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Nick Berg is the 2004 Darwin Award winner!
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Alfan
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Alfan »

I don't know what I believe about this whole deal, but here is another conspiracy theory breakdown. Sorry for any repeats.

http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=354134

-alfan