Slightly Disturbing World News

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Slightly Disturbing World News

Post by Xouqoa »

http://www.reuters.com/news_article.jht ... ID=1508708#

Makes you really wonder where it was going, eh?
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Neost
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: neost
Wii Friend Code: neost

Post by Neost »

Makes you wonder how many shipments WEREN'T stopped....
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Wonder if this new happening will sway Russia or Germany in any way.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I just want to blow up the camel fuckers. Is that so wrong?
en kærlighed småkager
Animale
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Animale »

Yeah... and the timing is so convenient too.
Couldn't of asked for a better time to find Uranium on somebody in a country bordering Iraq, could we Mr. Bush/Mr. Blaire?

Animale
Animale Vicioso
64 Gnome Enchanter
<retired>
60 Undead Mage
Hyjal <retired>
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Canelek-KOE wrote:I just want to blow up the camel fuckers. Is that so wrong?
Why, yes it is you fucking racist scumbag.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

That's the endgame. No matter where it was actually going, I can promise you that the US is going to make that their chief case to go over and pancake everything there.

Period.

(not saying I don't go along with that vien of thought, I'm neutral - but I'm just saying how it's going to go down)
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Millie

Post by Millie »

Obviously Saddam IS trying to build a nuclear bomb. The guy's a fucking nutcase, and he is the type who wouldn't be afraid to use it.

Then again, our politicians are nutcases as well. I wish we had someone slightly more competant leading us into (inevitable) war.

By the way, is anyone else frightened by the fact that Donald Rumsfeld -- a man who once proposed we nuke the Soviet Union preemptively -- is once again in the position to be making our military decisions?
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I am not a racist, asshole. What I said was wrong, but that is not from the heart.
en kærlighed småkager
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Hey don't be sorry. Say what you want and then stick by it.
Hammerstalker PE
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hammerstalker PE »

Kyoukan until it is your country that is the target of racist attacks, until it is your citizens that are targetted by cowardly Muslims, until these things happen in Canada and the culprits are knowingly hidden by Muslim countries STFU!

It is my contention that you protect your friends family country with all the means available. If that means some innocent citizens in a far away country die... So be it.

The thing is that the USA always warns the country that it is going to attack well in advance. Giving the population at least an opportunity to move to a safer place. This is TOTALLY unlike the fucking cowards that continue to blow up buildings, use chemical warfare and consider Americans to be less than animals.

I just wonder Kyoukan, If you think the world would be a better safer place without the USA.
Hammerstalker Ironforge
65th High Priest of War

Hammr Bloodforge

58th Battletank
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

YES SO CLEARLY THE SOLUTION IS TO "BLOW UP ALL CAMEL FUCKERS"

retard
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Hammerstalker PE wrote: It is my contention that you protect your friends family country with all the means available. If that means some innocent citizens in a far away country die... So be it.

The thing is that the USA always warns the country that it is going to attack well in advance. Giving the population at least an opportunity to move to a safer place. This is TOTALLY unlike the fucking cowards that continue to blow up buildings, use chemical warfare and consider Americans to be less than animals.
I think you're over simplifying that. Do you think that people in Iraq really know that their government has been beligerent towards UN requirements for the past 12 years? The media there is state controlled, which means they tell the people what they want them to hear. I'd doubt they even know what is going on right now with the weapons inspectors and the attempt to get rid of Hussein. They probably think we're coming over there to take their land and oil, and that Saddam is their savior.

Innocent people dying is ALWAYS a bad thing, if it can be avoided. Sometimes though, it can't be. The important thing to remember is that we're all human... the common populace over in Iraq is just mislead and ignorant (allegedly). That's no reason to want them to all die a horrible and firey death.

What if it wasn't a far away country? What if the USA and Canada were at war? Would it be different if you were reading this message board and were hearing that people you knew, who were good people were killed in a Canadian/US bombing raid? Do you feel that OUR lives are more important than that of someone else in the middle east just because they are far away?
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Searyx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Searyx »

YES SO CLEARLY THE SOLUTION IS TO "BLOW UP ALL CAMEL FUCKERS"

retard
You're such a fucking cunt-rag, Kyoukan. And you're a man.
Searyx Fairyslayer
Lvl 50 Fury (Lvl 50 Provisioner)
Officer of Vae Victis on the Crushbone Server
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

I can't take it anymore.

/ignore Kyoukan
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

why?
Destinae-
No Stars!

Post by Destinae- »

Remind me to call you a fucking hypocrite and an utter moron the next time you call G Dubya an idiot and then proceed to solve all our problems by blowing up the camel fuckers.
k?
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Keverian FireCry wrote:why?
Obviously my hardline ultra-liberal "don't bring about mass genocide on another race of human beings because of the political ideals of a small minority of radical extremists" stance. God, why don't I just burn insense and sing Jefferson Airplane songs all day?

I WILL MISS YOUR INCOHERENT AND RETARDED RESPONSES AKARAN.
Hammerstalker PE
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Hrmm Kyoukan you seem to have an opinion but you never post an alternative...

I can't wait to hear what you think will work considering the same problem and how to deal with it has been investigated and analysed by some of the smartest people on the planet. That shouldn't bother you though since you know more than all of us put together. Talk about an idiot.

BTW I don't think ANYONE is suggesting genocide ya dope. What people are saying is that a war with selected targets is needed to finally be done with Saddam and any others like him.
Hammerstalker Ironforge
65th High Priest of War

Hammr Bloodforge

58th Battletank
Hammerstalker PE
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Xou I am not nor have I ever promoted mass indiscriminate killing of anyone. As I said in the post above and also as you stated no one likes innocent people to be killed. Unfortunately the cowards that promote terrorism use the innocents as a shield. Yes the media is state controlled but at least give the Iraqi's some credit. It doesn't take a genious to see that every country in the world has trade sanctions against them. It doesn't take a genious to realize that even Muslim nations treat Iraq as an enemy. Hrmm ya think some of those Iraqis' know any of this? I think that a lot of them do know this but are too afraid to rise up against that asshole.
Hammerstalker Ironforge
65th High Priest of War

Hammr Bloodforge

58th Battletank
Kguku
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Kguku »

well

that explains why I didn't get my shipment of uranium this week!
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

All this talk of killing innocent people. They are the ones trying to make fucking nuclear bombs. If they set if of in the US they will kill INNOCENT people. And not to mention the fact that the radiation will drift up to the happy heartland of Canada. You know that Canada will feel the fucking blow back if not some of the bomb itself, due to the fact that terrorists use Canada as a entrance into the US. What will your stance be then Kyo? I personally dont really care what we do other than to get Sadaam out. If we get him out we can go back to our regularly scheduled progaram of going after Laden. But if we do get a bomb dropped on us (which would be a bitch considering i live on the east coast), you can bet your red, white, and blue boxers that the whole fucking country of iraq will be a goddamned hole on the map the very next fucking day.
Fuck Michigan!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Edit:

To be honest, it doesn't matter if they are called Saddam/George or Tony, they are all retards.

And War sucks.

And if you support any of them, you are a retard.

The end.
Last edited by Nick on September 29, 2002, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Umm, no.
Fuck Michigan!
Xaem
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Xaem »

It wasnt Muslims who attacked the WTC, it was crazy terrorists. Dont bring Muslims into this.
Animale
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Animale »

And, in other news...

It appears CNN has once again over-reported a non-story in their effort to help propogandize the hawks in power in the good ol' USA. Total Uranium found... 150 g. Weapons grade? well, we're not really sure.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled exagerrations and outright lies.

Animale
Animale Vicioso
64 Gnome Enchanter
<retired>
60 Undead Mage
Hyjal <retired>
Kguku
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Kguku »

Hammer - It wasn't a 'racist' attack on the WTC - it was an attack on Western Civilization itself, with the WTC being an icon for what drives the wester - Capitalism.

Do you honestly think only Americans were in there? Not to mention - America isn't a race, it's a nation filled with a MULTITUDE of races, including MUSLIMS.

Also - the terrorists who conspired on this act were not Muslims, they are people who take the faith and claim to kill in their name, however a Muslim is only about peace. The terrorists are a black mark on the Muslim religion, and do not even remotely represent what a Muslim believes in. They are only in it for their own needs / desires.

Also - you, nor I, can even begin to fathom what a state controlled media is like, because neither of us have been through it, and I hope to god we never have to. However, that being said, you can probably lay good money down that the majority of Iraqi citizens really have NO clue what is happening, and the ones that do know the truth are probably so few in number they couldn't do anything about it even if they wanted to.

As Xou said, their only source of information is what is broadcast over their radios / tv's, and I can honestly say it's doubtful you'll walk into an Internet Cafe in downtown Baghdad. Also remember that most of these citizens are so extremely poor / live day to day with their funds, that they really have no time to think about what's happening outside of their borders, they just think about providing for their family.

Zamtuk - for you to start to insinuate blame towards Canada because of some hard on hate for Kyo is moronic. If you bothered to pay attention to events, Canada is an entrance way, yes, but so is Mexico, direct flights to the USA itself, and many other ways.

You'll spoute some shit about the WTC and how they came in through Canada, some did, some flew in directly to the USA. But also remember that the TRAINING for the people who flew those jets took place on American soil, and that the FBI / CIA / NSA knew at the time that some of these people were suspected terrorists and did nothing to follow up on it as well.

Now Hammer will say 'offer us an alternative'. How about sitting down and finding out what they want? They claim they want the West out of their area, to stop meddling in their ways, and to be honest I believe the West does stick their nose into things a little too much. I can't honestly give you a solid alternative, but to just 'blow up all camel fuckers' is not even remotely a valid solution, and will just inflame the situation even worse.

There's my spam for today - feel free to flame.
Adex_Xeda
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Adex_Xeda »

The guy down the street hates you. You know that he's attacked his neighbors on a whim. You know he's beat the shit out of his wife because she disagreed with him. You've caught a hitman that HE sent to kill you.

All of a sudden you get word that he's building a bomb. The concerned neighborhood gets together and tries to confront him. He chases them off at the point of a gun.

You find out that he's making a bomb. You've caught letters he's sent to hitmen suggesting that he wants to give the bomb he makes to them for them to drop it off under you car.

What do you do?

The neighborhood is being sluggish and not responding. What do you do?

You know that next week he's gonna finish that bomb.

What do you do?

How would you handle that Kyo? Do you prod and push the neighborhood to get their act together? What if it takes the neighborhood 3 weeks to organize yet he's got the bomb by next week?

What do you do?

Sometimes you have take care of business yourself. You don't take joy in it.

We must go to war. The spectre of millions dead and millions more poisoned is too great to not act.

I'm not an arrogant man, I don't give a damn about oil. I don't have some kind of arrogant desire to rule the world, but I DO have a strong will to protect my folks.

Its a sad serious thing. But that's life.
Trias
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Hamlas3r
PSN ID: Hamlaser

Post by Trias »

why else would you smuggle uranium if you weren't intending to do something fucked up with it?

i'm not overly liberal, i'm not overly conservative...i don't really care...all i know is that no matter what the US's stance is on "to attack or not to attack", that the continued terrorist plans and attacks will continue

so obviously, the US will have to do SOMETHING to stop them...you can't just talk and make friends with terrorists and insane people over tea and expect to get anywhere

it's sad...but many people will have to die on both sides before the one with the bigger cock wins
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

-------
Also - you, nor I, can even begin to fathom what a state controlled media is like, because neither of us have been through it, and I hope to god we never have to.
--------

Neroon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Neroon »

Saddam didn't get where he is by being an idiot. This looks more like a half-assed terrorist operation. Maybe for a dirty bomb or something.

The 33 pounds was probably including the lead container. Lead be heavy!
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Adex_Xeda wrote:What do you do?
Durr? Call the police and have him arrested and put in jail? What the hell is even remotely relevant about this?
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Kguku wrote:Zamtuk - for you to start to insinuate blame towards Canada because of some hard on hate for Kyo is moronic. If you bothered to pay attention to events, Canada is an entrance way, yes, but so is Mexico, direct flights to the USA itself, and many other ways.
What the fuck are you talking about? Who is insinuating blame you fucktard? I said that if a nuke was used Canada would feel some of the effects, then I asked Kyoukan, NOT you, NOT Canada, and NOT the fucking pope. I never said that Canada was the ONLY place though i did list it as one. The fact that some people were caught up there soon after 9/11 and i have yet to hear of one instance in Mexice of a capture also adds to it. I have no problem with Canada, in fact I am glad your our neighbors, but I do hate some of the fucking dipshits that live there.

Like you.
Fuck Michigan!
Hammerstalker PE
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Durr? Call the police and have him arrested and put in jail? What the hell is even remotely relevant about this?
Good god even you must be smart enough to know that he was using another story to illustrate what is going on in Iraq. Call the police? Well WTF do you think the USA is? They are the Global watch dog. I am sure it is not a role that the USA relishes but they know if they don't do it NO ONE else will.

Kyoukan and anyone else that is twisting words here, LISTEN for a fucking change. I AM NOT ADVOCATING the slaughter of innocent people. I am advocating pre-emptive measures to stop the terrorist attacks.

Oh and BTW I just re-read my first post on this subject and I used the wrong word when I said racist I meant to say terrorist...
Now Hammer will say 'offer us an alternative'. How about sitting down and finding out what they want? They claim they want the West out of their area, to stop meddling in their ways, and to be honest I believe the West does stick their nose into things a little too much. I can't honestly give you a solid alternative, but to just 'blow up all camel fuckers' is not even remotely a valid solution, and will just inflame the situation even worse.
How the fuck do you sit down and have a rational conversation with a madman like Saddam Hussien? or with a meglomaniac like Bin Laden?

Ask them what they want? We all know what they want.

1. The total destruction of Isreal. (Bin Laden and other Muslim groups)
2. A free hand to murder the Kurds and to retake Kuwait (Hussien)
3. The removal of any outside influence no matter who is involved. (Bin Laden)

So what the fuck is there to talk about? There is NO way the USA or the rest of the world will accept points 1 and 2. Point 3 will also never happen until we no longer depend on oil to make our world go around. So I ask you what is there to talk about?
Hammerstalker Ironforge
65th High Priest of War

Hammr Bloodforge

58th Battletank
Adex_Xeda
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Adex_Xeda »

Kyo, I know you're not dumb.

I find it difficult to belive that people such as yourself favor inaction.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

You gave an irrelevant example of a completely unrelated situation. What kind of answer did you want?

Oh well then surely the answer is that I would kill everyone in the world but my family in order to protect them.
Adex_Xeda
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Adex_Xeda »

I used a relevant analogy in the hopes that you'd see clearly.

But hey, seeing clearly doesn't stoke flames such as I suspect your prime intent.
Hammerstalker PE
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

So Kyoukan instead of being all pious and shit... Please tell the huddled masses what we should do? I am sure you have a sure fire way to work this mess out. Then again I doubt we will hear any suggestions from you since all you want to do is point your finger at the USA and say they are wrong.
Hammerstalker Ironforge
65th High Priest of War

Hammr Bloodforge

58th Battletank
Badabidi
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: DaveShapelle

Post by Badabidi »

Atleast Kyo doesn't live in the USA, thank god for that.
Hammerstalker PE
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

If she did I am sure it would be somewhere near San Fransisco... You know where all those liberal free thinkers live. The ones that bitch just to hear themselves and have nothing constructive to offer...

I am sure she could become the dean of Berkely
Hammerstalker Ironforge
65th High Priest of War

Hammr Bloodforge

58th Battletank
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

So Kyu, which country? I will not knock said country, I just want to know your perspective.
en kærlighed småkager
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

I'll admit that the timing on this story couldn't have been better for the "pro military action" camp in this issue... and that makes me a little suspicious.

This whole debate (at least in public circles) seems to be about where should the line be drawn between defending yourself and taking aggressive action against someone else. The US govt is arguing that this is about stopping terror and aggression... well they have a ways to go to convince many other parts of the world that this not just a reversal... revenge for what happened at the WTC (not gonna get into the cynical "politics of oil" arguments). Some are arguing this is G.W.'s way of cleaning up Daddy's mess. Who knows? But at the same time, the opposition to action seems to stem from a lot of the same sources that supported appeasing Hitler in the late 30s. Saddam doesn't have the economic clout of a Hitler but he seems to possess some of the ambition and ruthlessness.

The whole fucking thing is muddy with the propaganda, spins and disinformation (from both sides) so it comes down to who do you trust more (or distrust less).

And fellow Canadians out there, don't be so damned defensive. Any country that would elect that stupid fuck that could spout off about how the US "brought 9/11 on itself" as our leader, should expect at least some chastisement and maybe even a little hostility from our American neighbours. We elected the fucker so we should just STFU and accept our lumps (and no, I don't vote for Chretien/the Liberal Party and never will).
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Hammerstalker PE
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Well I have to agree with you about Chretien. What a fucking simpleton he is...

I also like the comparison to Hitler as this more closely hits the mark as to motives than anything else I have read so far.

Good post Wulf
Hammerstalker Ironforge
65th High Priest of War

Hammr Bloodforge

58th Battletank
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

now i had heard tonight that it still wasnt confirmed to be weapons grade uranium.

that was sort of in passing as i was trying to avoid the news ;).

anyways, will be curious to find out more about this story.
Searyx
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Searyx »

I blame Canada.
Searyx Fairyslayer
Lvl 50 Fury (Lvl 50 Provisioner)
Officer of Vae Victis on the Crushbone Server
Hammerstalker PE
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Blame Canada all you want you dumb ass motherfucker! At least we don't have you!

/em mourns for America having Searyx as a citizen
Hammerstalker Ironforge
65th High Priest of War

Hammr Bloodforge

58th Battletank
Katria
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Katria »

What do you do?
Shoot the hostage. Oh wait, wrong movie..
guy down the street hates you. You know that he's attacked his neighbors on a whim. You know he's beat the shit out of his wife because she disagreed with him. You've caught a hitman that HE sent to kill you.

All of a sudden you get word that he's building a bomb. The concerned neighborhood gets together and tries to confront him. He chases them off at the point of a gun.

You find out that he's making a bomb. You've caught letters he's sent to hitmen suggesting that he wants to give the bomb he makes to them for them to drop it off under you car.
Or possibly more accurately.. the person living next to you hates the guy down the street. He keeps telling all the neighbors that he attacked him.. that he beat the shit out of his wife.. he gets a friend to buy a BB gun and act like a hitman after you. All the sudden the guy living next to you rushes over in a huff telling you that the guy down the street is building a bomb.

What do you do?

The US government saying something doesn't make it true.

Bin Laden killed nearly or just over 3000 people in America. How many has Saddam killed? How did we all of the sudden and so conveniently forget about Bin Laden? How the hell did Bush-monkey come to the conclusion to publically name Saddam as public enemy #1?

Do you honestly think for a moment that if there were hard evidence of Iraq building bombs of mass destruction that the rest of the world wouldn't be immediate to assist in taking care of the problem? What, do you think they'd believe that the US would be the solitary target of Iraq?

Instead everyone is debating. Why? If I show pictures of Saddam standing next to a nuclear warhead what is there to debate about?

Exactly.
Adex_Xeda
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Adex_Xeda »

We have the chance to stop a nuclear bomb from being detonated in one of our cities.

How do you respond?

The horrendeous threat alone necessitates action.
Adelrune Argenti
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Adelrune Argenti »

Rather enligtening read about halfway down the page on this.

http://www.debka.com/
Adelrune Argenti
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Kyoukan: Congratulations. You made me laugh out loud with every single post you made on this thread (in a good way).

Xouqoa: Yes, Iraq has sometimes ignored UN resolutions. Of course, they've only ignored about 1/4 of the number of resolutions that Israel has. Additionaly, some Israeli's, both military and civilian, routinely kill and beat Palestinian civilians, and bulldoze Palestinian neighborhoods. But now we want to blow up Saddam because we think that he's building nukes?

Zamtuk: "They are the ones building fucking nuclear bombs?" Newsflash: We already have fucking nuclear bombs. Hundreds of them. Isn't it a bit hypocritical to consider this a crime worthy of going to war for?

In response to the "state controlled media" issue: I agree that our media is not nearly as state-controlled as the media in nations such as Iraq is. However, isn't it kind of strange that about 9 months ago, when the issue of attacking Iraq was first brought up, a vast minority of the public was in favor of it? Now, however, a majority of the public is in favor of it. Why? Nothing significant has changed. There have been no further terrorist attacks. We have no further evidence of Iraqi wrongdoing. The issue has simply been hammered into us through the media for such a long time that we have come to simply accept it. Repitition is all it took. If you care to expend a little effort, you can find a vast number of smaller, somewhat independent outlets for information that present a completely different view of the world than what you will see in such "liberal" media outlets as CNN or the NY Times, or such "conservative" outlets as FoxNews or the NY Post. The truth is, these big media outlets, which are supposedly so intrinsically biased, focus mostly as extensions of government propaganda, often questioning what the government does, but never questioning the motives behind the governments actions.

The alternative media I referred to earlier before getting sidetracked into a seperate rant is available in conservative, liberal, and nonbiased varieties. I am not simply trying to pump up progressive journalism or any particular philosophy, but simply stating that alternative media does exist.