Games

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Games

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I was out and about today in a few stores for no particular reason. You kind of become a mindless drone when the wife wants to shop and you are with her. The only time I would perk up (besides the women's underwear area) was in the electronics area. Today I noticed that both NWN and WCIII were out. I guess I haven't bought a "New" game in a while because my jaw dropped when I saw they sold for close to $60 each.

I am not disputing their worth or anything like that. It has just been a long time since I bought a new game. Kind of like comic books. I haven't bought a comic since the average price was .65 and now I am assuming they are sold for much more. I'd go out and buy those games if I weren't saving up to buy a new beast of a computer.

Happy 4th to we Americans. I have fattened up (like I need that) on steaks and potato salad. I really need to take a nap now. Talk to all of you who have to work tomorrow, I know I do.
KilornCloudwalker
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by KilornCloudwalker »

Yeah I shit a brick on the $65 tag on NWN myself..and that was at Walmart fercrissakes! As for comics, they run around $2.25- $2.50 I think..I stopped collecting about 2 years back..around the time I found eq, actually...lol They were getting high then..may be $3 by know..wouldn't surprise me.

Anyone in Fl got some extra BBQ left over? I'm hungry and frozen dinner doesn't that good
Kilorn Cloudwalker
62 Oracle - Retired
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The new EQ comic is $6.00 I read. Which is nuts. Surely 6.00 can't be the average price of comic books these days.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Millie

Post by Millie »

Aslanna wrote:The new EQ comic is $6.00 I read. Which is nuts. Surely 6.00 can't be the average price of comic books these days.
Maybe it's an EQ: Legends comic book. :)
Lilianna Starbreeze
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Lilianna Starbreeze »

Woot, ate myself a bunch of BBQ today -- brisquet, sausage, potatoe salad, devilled eggs...helluva day...been drinking for 6 hours now, ain't gonna last much longer
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Lilianna Starbreeze
60 High Priestess of a Mad God
Leader of Champions of Hope
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

The EQ Legends comic costs $25 and comes with someone to read it to you. :lol:
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Know what I was amazed at the pricing of the other day? Baseball cards! They're like $2 a pack now.. I remember getting them for like 25cents when I collected em. Although I must admit, they are much nicer now.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

The average PC game is still 40-50$. NWN and WC3 were the exceptions to the rule really. They could afford to have those prices because the demand was so high due to pre orders and what not. That is one of the most significant reasons why I do not preorder. It's just feeding the machine. Companies now take preorders months before releasing thier pricing info. They base the end price in relation to the amount of preorders. Hopefully, this will not become a trend that affects the entire industry. Like you Bubba, I really don't buy OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of games and was equally dissappointed to see higher than average prices on the 2 games I have been looking forward too for so long.

Comic books are unbelievable. I stopped collecting shortely after high school about 10 years ago. They were just getting too expenseive. Now they are even worse, and the content is lacking in my opinion. The funny thing is, I can go on ebay and purchase all the series that I missed up to current for pennies on the dollar. And yes, cards are too much now too. 2.00 a pack is rape. It's good to see my Garbage Pail Kid collection is worth decent $$ now though :) .25 a pack back in the day!
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I heard my first bad review of WCIII today.

While the graphics are truly exceptional the game play itself kind of sucks. In multiplayer mode the computer cheats in a big way so that it is almost not fun to play.

I got this from my Boss and his roommates. They are hard core computer gaming geeks.