September 11th, 2001 Victims (FF)

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

September 11th, 2001 Victims (FF)

Post by Kylere »

September 11th, 2001 Victims CONFIRMED DEAD: 2948 • REPORTED DEAD: 25 • REPORTED MISSING: 25 • TOTAL: 2998

http://www.september11victims.com

This is one of the better uses of a webpage space.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

After two years, there are still people reported missing? Is that only because they never found remains for them so they aren't officially listed as being killed, or are they not sure that those victims were killed in the attack?
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

The missing are those that are presumed dead but never positively ID'd.
Rasspotari
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Rasspotari »

at the risk of beeing flamed to no end .. but when is the movie coming out. seems that some people can only notice for any period of time, tragedy, if it happens in their backyard, 2998 ppl... peanuts compared to lets see an example that has a similar number.

on account of general pinochet (who the U.S. put in power in Chile)

info quote "More than 3,000 were killed in the September military onslaught, which began when fighter jets bombed the Presidential Palace while the democratically elected President, Salvador Allende, was still inside."

mind you that was the start of his 17 years in power, many many more died, via execution and/or torture.
but hey .. those people .. they're not americans so they dont matter as much, right ?
Pinochet, smart man .. didn't kill a americans, wonder if he were still alive today if those 3 thousand he killed to start with, had been americans, or would he been one of those against "us", and not with "us" and therefor fair game to the gun wielding public of the so called "U.S."A. [/b]
Rasspotari
Rogue
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Reported missing are also some people that are trying to scam the government for that check they gave to the victims. I have heard a few reported cases of that. Some guy flew to France and had his wife report he was dead. Cashed the check and met him there.

They found and arrested them both.
Fuck Michigan!
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

.FF :?
Last edited by Xzion on September 10, 2003, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Rasspotari wrote:at the risk of beeing flamed to no end .. but when is the movie coming out. seems that some people can only notice for any period of time, tragedy, if it happens in their backyard, 2998 ppl... peanuts compared to lets see an example that has a similar number.

info quote "More than 3,000 were killed in the September military onslaught, which began when fighter jets bombed the Presidential Palace while the democratically elected President, Salvador Allende, was still inside."

mind you that was the start of his 17 years in power, many many more died, via execution and/or torture.
but hey .. those people .. they're not americans so they dont matter as much, right ?
Pinochet, smart man .. didn't kill a americans, wonder if he were still alive today if those 3 thousand he killed to start with, had been americans, or would he been one of those against "us", and not with "us" and therefor fair game to the gun wielding public of the so called "U.S."A. [/b]
*wack* I have no sympathy for those working at the Pentagon, it is a military target ( other than the whole John Dunne, No man is an island sense) but the people on the planes and in the towers were civilians, they were not in a presidential palace, or any military target.

Perhaps some of you whiny liberal fucks should grab onto the idea of military versus civilian targets, you surely seem to grasp it when one bomb in 500 goes astray but when people intentionally blow up building full of civilians you seem weak on it.

Perhaps Chile's whole fucking problem was that their "president" lived in a palace.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

the white house isn't a palace?

yeah pinochet only brutally killed military targets :roll:
Penlog
No Stars!

eh`

Post by Penlog »

I dont quite get what some of the posts are getting at, but yes this happens elsewhere, even in Iraq, or Chile as was stated. This post is to commemorate*spelling* the people who did die on September 11th, not to say that we dont care about the other people who die in other places. All I can say is I wish the best to the families who lost loved ones, in any event on this anniversary of their death.
Reported missing are also some people that are trying to scam the government for that check they gave to the victims. I have heard a few reported cases of that. Some guy flew to France and had his wife report he was dead. Cashed the check and met him there.
Yes this is true, Sad but true. I cant believe how low some people will sink just to get money. I have also heard a few people collecting money to goto the families, who scammed people who donated out of money and fled out of country *same type of deal but not the government ripping money off of*.
"I feel sorry for people who dont drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as theyre going to feel all day."
Penlog Spinestinger
Sheryl
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sheryl »

this flame free thing worked out well!
TheMachine
THE Moderator

Post by TheMachine »

Kylere, he did not ignore FF, he didn't flame, but posted his opinion.

Normally, I just ban people who fuck around in FF threads, this is everyones one warning.
This is my house, remember my rules, first rule is I never lose.

In my house, you're just a guest, you might be good but I'm the best.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

btw the white house isnt that big, defidentally not if you just count the living quarters
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

My opinion is that his opinion had no place in a thread about people dying, he could have easily posted another thread with his bs about it.
She Dreams in Digital
TheMachine
THE Moderator

Post by TheMachine »

Then take it to another thread.

kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Kylere wrote:My opinion is that his opinion had no place in a thread about people dying, he could have easily posted another thread with his bs about it.
so does FF mean no flaming or just no disagreeing whatsoever?
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

TheMachine wrote:Then take it to another thread.
Yep, he should have I agree entirely!
She Dreams in Digital
TheMachine
THE Moderator

Post by TheMachine »

No flaming, intelligent responses are welcome.

Adex_Xeda
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Adex_Xeda »

I heard a good hour interview on NPR with a guy who wrote a historical account of the USA's involvment with Pinochet.

Basically Chile elected a guy to office that Nixon didn't like.

Nixon and Henry Kissinger told the CIA to destablize Chile in an effort to remove the guy Nixon didn't like.

To the CIA's credit, they protested strongly that messing with a lawful election was unethical would lead to bloodshed.

Nixon responded by telling the CIA to shut up and implement unrest.

So, the CIA did what it could to find a bitter retired general (Pinochet) and worked to mess with Chile's finances and political issues until the guy Nixon didn't like was put out of power.

Why do I mention this? Blame, in this case the CIA was dragged kicking and screaming into something unethical by the President.

Bloody Hypocracy, courtesy of the USA.

=\
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

Nixon was so cool.
-retired-
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

oddly enough, kylere flamed in response to Rass's very well written point.

I still stand by my stance to never use FF. I never liked the idea to begin with.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Perhaps some of you whiny liberal fucks should grab onto the idea of military versus civilian targets, you surely seem to grasp it when one bomb in 500 goes astray but when people intentionally blow up building full of civilians you seem weak on it.
This is the only flame I read in this thread. If a person starts an FF thread and then proceeds to break his own rule, does that mean he gets banned. Or does it mean that only the person who started the thread is allowed to flame?
My opinion is that his opinion had no place in a thread about people dying, he could have easily posted another thread with his bs about it.

hypocracy at its finest. does FF mean that those who disagree with your opinion are not allowed to post? I would suggest that you put the FF label on all of your posts, kylere. It would keep all of your opinions out of harm's way.
The iraqi civilian casualty number is now at a minimum of 6118. Let us remember all of those who's lives were ended by the tragedy of this day, not just those who died on this day.

:vv_ban:
Valkeria
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Valkeria »

This isnt ignoring other trajedies that have happened but today is the anniversary respect should be shown to those who died innocently and for the family and friends.
Exarch Valkeria 65 Cleric
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Seriously Rass, create a thread discussing other tragedies if you wish. The purpose of this thread wasn't meant to rank tragedies.

Remember those that were lost today, save the why for September 12.
Lynxe
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynxe »

September 11th, 2001 Victims CONFIRMED DEAD: 2948 • REPORTED DEAD: 25 • REPORTED MISSING: 25 • TOTAL: 2998
Wow Kylere, I knew it was around 2000 but I never knew it was closer to 3000 :cry: I tried not to watch/read the news about 9/11 because IMHO, publicity is exactly what the terrorists did it for. Call it my own personal protest.

Condolences and courage to anyone affected by the attack on the World Trade Centre.
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have
Rasspotari
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Rasspotari »

and aye , condolences to the families and friends of those that lost their lives in 9.11.

voiced my oppinion for the same reason that yews are the only one really remembered as beeing the victims of the holocaust, that simply isn't true but that part of it is the one we seem to be allowed to remember. Mind you it's good that we do remember it, its the forgetting about gypsies and other victims in that human biggest mistake, that i dont like doing.

remember all innocent victims, and all those that lost their lives seeking to improve the world by contributing to the good fight, not just the ones close to you. if you want to just remember the ones you care for, and not the random innocent infant in farawaycountrythatyoudontknowabout_01, then do it privetly, dont try and make the world just care for your problems and losses, voice out good will and hope for all mankind.

hugz and kisses to all that are nice and pro gnome :)
Rasspotari
Rogue
Taly
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Taly »

/mourn

Hard to believe its been 2 years already =(

i still remember it like yesterday, having my folks run into my bedroom to make sure i was there since i was flying that evening right before it happened. Think i got in around 2 or 3 am if i remember. I didnt move from the TV for hours.
I want to cast...........MAGIC MISSLE!
Karae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Karae »

Rasspotari wrote:at the risk of beeing flamed to no end .. but when is the movie coming out. seems that some people can only notice for any period of time, tragedy, if it happens in their backyard, 2998 ppl... peanuts compared to lets see an example that has a similar number.

Maybe in 20 years we'll be in a pointless war with him much like another ruthless, military dictator we put in power...Saddam Hussein.
War pickles men in a brine of disgust and dread.
Rasspotari
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Rasspotari »

Karae wrote:Maybe in 20 years we'll be in a pointless war with him much like another ruthless, military dictator we put in power...Saddam Hussein.
perhaps, perhaps, but i'd rather the world would start taking to heart the old saying of prevention is better then the cure.
Rasspotari
Rogue