Moderators: Truant, Fairweather Pure

Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Dance of the Dead and DIEner! Get it?

Post by Tyek »

If you like Zombie movies these 2 are on netflix streaming and both are actually pretty enjoyable.

DieNer - Is a movie about a serial killer that knocks off the late night work crew at a Diner and as he is about to leave more customers come in. He decides to get ready to knock off the new patrons, when the ones he killed come back to life. It was actually pretty funny and a very different take on the genre.

Dance of the Dead is more traditional, in that a mist floats in and seems to bring the dead back to life, the movie is set around a high school prom and there is a great deal of "geek culture" and in jokes. It is also very good and I think you will not feel cheated by watching either one.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Re: Dance of the Dead and DIEner! Get it?

Post by Canelek »

I watched both.

I did enjoy the premise for DIEner, although there was only one character that was interesting. Unfortunately, at a running time of ~75 minutes, there simply was not enough time to flesh him out. The other folks were pretty low budget, but this is actually all quite forgivable being that this is a B-Movie. I guess I wanted more since that run time is way short. Likely budget and/or post production issues. All in all not too shabby.

PS: When using CB Radios in film, please add "over" to the script as communication breaks. It is just glaring and shouldn't make it all the way to post without anyone pointing it out. Thanks!

2.25/5

Dance of the Dead was right out of the Return of the Living Dead mold and did surprisingly well at telling a pretty fun story. Despite some humor swings and misses, it did what it set out to do, which was jump into the 80s genre pool and not hold back the B-cheese! Add some more gore and gratuitous nudity and it would make a nice Troma film. I enjoyed this!

3/5

Thanks for the recommendations!
en kærlighed småkager
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

I actually enjoyed the very beginning of DIEner, the part the killer was telling the story to the waitress, it was not quite Tarentino but it had a nice quality to it that brought you into the movie really well. I agree, some pretty stock characters, but with a little money and as you said, running time, there is a nice little movie in there.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Good call. I can see that. Dude also had a eerie Edward Norton thing going on. He really nailed what he had to work with.
en kærlighed småkager