Warhammer Forum?

For discussion about Warhammer Online.

Do you think we should add a Warhammer Online forum?

Poll ended at October 16, 2008, 11:57 am

Yes
60%
No
23%
Indifferent
17%

Total votes: 35

Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Warhammer Forum?

Post by Sylvus »

I'll make one if there's enough interest, but I swear if it dies in a month we're never making another new video game forum again!
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Warhammer Forum?

Post by Spang »

Yes, and get rid of the World of Warcraft forum while you're at it. No one plays that game anymore.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

i don't see any reason to make a forum. we're all doing our own thing on different servers

that said, i really just don't give a shit either way
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Just remember that when the honeymoon period for this game is over and people move on to something else, you'll be blamed for the failure of the game if you don't open a new forum for it. It may actually already be too late, and even if you DO make a forum, you'll be blamed for not making a forum soon enough.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Yes, i'm all for it.

If people leave the game in a month,6 months or so, just remove the forum neh? :)

No big whop.

How about making the forum if at least 80 % answered yes? :)
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

I wouldn't want you to spend the 20 seconds it takes to make, and then possibly delete the forum.

Being serious: I don't come to VV to talk about mmorpgs anymore, except to talk to specific people, so it's probably a waste. The board does not have a big enough population or people playing the games, and there are hundreds of much better boards with much more informed posters on them, regarding warhammer.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Don't see the need.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Don't understand the reluctance to make MMO forums on this board.

Is it really that hard? I installed phpBB3 just to play around with the back end functions and it sure seems pretty easy to manage. This board remains generic due to the lack of time and interest of the ops but making and deleting forums seems pretty simple. Can't the old MMO forums be completely hidden if people are so stressed over seeing them in the retired section?

If it dies in a month? Who cares? People stress over the lamest things.

Warhammer happens to be the best game since the original EQ imo for entertainment. That the ops don't care about MMOs or are nerding it up playing WoW shouldn't stop a new forum from being created.

Here's a guide to show how to easily hide a forum from view without deleting it:

First, I'll make a forum:

Next, go to forum permissions: (actually no permissions are granted initially but I added them for this example)

Remove registered users from the Groups that can view the forum.

Before:

After:

It can be done easily if needed.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Let's just get rid of all the MMO forums. There's no need for any of them.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You could always hide the Buying/Selling EQ Forum, Planetside, Linege II, LOTR, Vanguard and CoH/V forums. That might make room for one more forum without crashing the server.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Who said it was hard? Pointless? Yes. Hard? No. Why bother when interest dies down in a month. There's 1 main thread about Warhammer.. Seems to be holding all the info in one place.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It's not pointless. People may want to have an ongoing conversation about a particular topic. If someone wants to discuss a class, it's beneficial to have that class topic as a separate thread for ongoing discussions as people level up and learn more. It's also beneficial to those considering the game, wanting to know about certain things without scanning a thread closing in on 200 posts.

Expansions, patches, RvR strategies, crafting (!), class discussion, realm discussion, character class/server location, quest discussion, roleplaying thread (jk), broader scope topics, etc.

Single threads for something like Second Life make sense because you're not really discussing particulars. It's more like an ongoing soap you can follow from start to present day.

Mods can do whatever they want but I disagree that it's pointless.
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

I dont really care one way or the other, but I am wondering - exactly what are the ill effects of adding a new forum? Is someone going to die? Is the server going to crash? Is there too much bandwidth being used?

I have run forums before and it takes all of 5 minutes to add or delete a forum.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

hell, the Everquest board could go away with all the attention it has had lately.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

No, it's not difficult at all. I just hear people bitch when I add new forums saying we have too many. I hear people bitch when I don't add forums. Either way, people are going to bitch, and I'm a "measure twice, cut once" type of person, so I prefer to hold off and see if it's actually going to get used before I waste even the 20 seconds it would take me to do.

Then there are those people who ask you to do something in such a way that is so irritating that you no longer want to bother doing it anymore...
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

We should just have one gigantic forum.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I expect to see a newsflash on CNN if this site ever adds another forum again. What a joke. 15 people would like the forum. That's half the active posters on this board nowadays. The people that don't want one? Who gives a fuck about them? They're concerned over seeing a new post icon highlighted on the front page? Some of these people already use the view new posts button and I can't imagine why they're bitching except for a lack of a life. You're going to see the post there whether it's buried in a single thread or in a new forum.

Those chipper seasonal holiday forums with the lame icons really rock the post count and take up a huge portion of the front page even when dormant.

The arguments against are delusional at best and power tripping at worst.

Not one person is going to be hospitalized if a game loses interest that has a forum. If they are, they should die and get it over with. It takes two seconds to hide the old forums that aren't active anymore which actually take up less room on the front page that those inactive holiday eyesores that could be hidden out of season..
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Exactly. We add a forum, we take down a forum, and VV changes. Big deal. If current needs means we could use another forum, then great. If later needs says we take down a forum, then great. Let's not root ourselves into something just because it may or may not have staying power. I for one am planning on playing this a very long time, and would love to have a dedicated forum to talk about it. As for the others? They can do one more scroll of the mouse wheel, and bam! It's like it never existed!!

I'm all for it.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Within a few clicks of your mouse and some keystrokes on your keyboard the fucking forum is created, and in less time than it took to make this useless fucking thread! If people bitch about it, fuck 'em! Right in the ass! Get it up in there! Just pound that shit! Pound it 'til they poop!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Thanks for the new forum!
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Now that this game has it's own forum, can I troll it?
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

I've decided to quit Warhammer, but thanks for the forum.

:shock: